Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic jailed for stealing $300,000

Saru

Nancy Marks was sentenced to five years in prison for stealing large sums of money from her clients.

Prosecutors said Marks would suggest that clients withdraw money in particular denominations and perform minor rituals with the cash themselves, the Camera reported.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jen369

• Paul 1956

• manacaca

• Simbi Laveau

Too bad she did not see it coming...

As much as I dislike deceivers and defrauders, I also can't feel sorry for these credulous people who readily played along with the woman's requests.

Obvious scam is obvious...

How sad! I'm glad they caught her and she's going to jail...I mean, it definitely wasn't smart of those people to fall for her scheme, but sometimes people can just be so desperate they'll do anything. Hopefully they get their money back!

Not a very good psychic if she couldn't predict the jail time.

This headline should read: Fraud propagated on less intelligent folk by woman claiming to be a psychic leads to embezzlement.

This isn't what a psychic is this is a fraud. And really those who believed this was a real psychic, and that checking credit card numbers for 6's is the thing psychics do -- wow just incredible. :mellow:

How come you never hear of a psychic winning the lottery?

I'm working on it! ;)

I do readings for 30$,and i only charge at parties or club events.

If people ask for metaphysical advice,i give it.

If i do a candle,the most i charge is 25$,for a fully oiled carved glittered,charged,candle.

And i usually tell them to buy the stuff and to do it themselves,because then their intention is in it .

Some people just dont know what to do,even if you explain it.

If anyone asks you for 500$ ,1000$,2000$,for any service,buyer beware ,is all i can say.

There are plenty of ethical,legit psychics,of many types.

I used to work in the Bronx NYC,and id walk to lunch daily,and there was a phoney reader of some kind on my route.

And literally 100x,they tries to coax me in for a reading.I would laugh at them,and think,you're not very psychic,if you can't tell i can do my own reading.

Years after i left the Bronx,i read in the paper of her being busted in an under cover sting,for ripping people off with ridiculous services to help them fix their lives.

FAIL

Edited by missymoo999

I do readings for 30$,and i only charge at parties or club events.

If people ask for metaphysical advice,i give it.

If i do a candle,the most i charge is 25$,for a fully oiled carved glittered,charged,candle.

And i usually tell them to buy the stuff and to do it themselves,because then their intention is in it .

Some people just dont know what to do,even if you explain it.

If anyone asks you for 500$ ,1000$,2000$,for any service,buyer beware ,is all i can say.

There are plenty of ethical,legit psychics,of many types.

I used to work in the Bronx NYC,and id walk to lunch daily,and there was a phoney reader of some kind on my route.

And literally 100x,they tries to coax me in for a reading.I would laugh at them,and think,you're not very psychic,if you can't tell i can do my own reading.

Years after i left the Bronx,i read in the paper of her being busted in an under cover sting,for ripping people off with ridiculous services to help them fix their lives.

FAIL

Need a "like" button on this site or something, as this is very well said.

Want to see how many sixes are in the credit card number?

Drawing out large sums of money to 'draw away bad energy'? What's the bad energy - the money in your bank?

The scam writes itself.....

• 2 weeks later...

This gift is free; rather natural born or many years of dedicated meditation,

It should be given for free, never pay for a reading, their motive is generated by greed.

There are more than enough genuine seers who would be more than happy to help for free.