Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who do you want for US president ?

Little Fish

Good luck with that, sincerely. And try not to stress so much - the end is not near. It will all shake out. It's going to really get bad I think...but not catastrophic.

thats all you gotta say? ok then. I'm really not that stressed out I'm just aware of what will likely happen when the economy does collapse and it will if someone like Ron does not get elected because all the others running will certainly bring us to that point.Sure things will get bad, but we really can't tell how bad. It could be catastrophic or it could be something else either way, its not gonna be good and I would bet most Americans would not be able to handle such an event and that would cause chaos. I'm pretty prepared mentally and i have a lot of useful skills but thats no guarantee. Theres a reason why guns sales have gone through the roof and people are hoarding food

(something you can be classed as a terrorist for) people know whats coming. I doubt your sincere but thanks for the luck.

We will all need a lot of that. Its amazing how many people don't care or even know whats going on and we have a solution right in front of us but people would rather remain ignorant and misunderstand him every chance they get LOL unbelievable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• Space Commander Travis

• Little Fish

• Yamato

thats all you gotta say? ok then. I'm really not that stressed out I'm just aware of what will likely happen when the economy does collapse and it will if someone like Ron does not get elected because all the others running will certainly bring us to that point.Sure things will get bad, but we really can't tell how bad. It could be catastrophic or it could be something else either way, its not gonna be good and I would bet most Americans would not be able to handle such an event and that would cause chaos. I'm pretty prepared mentally and i have a lot of useful skills but thats no guarantee. Theres a reason why guns sales have gone through the roof and people are hoarding food

(something you can be classed as a terrorist for) people know whats coming. I doubt your sincere but thanks for the luck.

We will all need a lot of that. Its amazing how many people don't care or even know whats going on and we have a solution right in front of us but people would rather remain ignorant and misunderstand him every chance they get LOL unbelievable.

Actually I am sincere. I just disagree with your firmly held belief that RP can change anything in a significant way. If his ideas were widely accepted by the US population then there would really be hope for making some dramatic, overall positive changes in our government and country. But he is attracting minimal support. And what his supporters don't care to hear is that it's mostly because he's isolationist. Even uneducated people know that America can't just come home and try to stand a post at the borders to keep ourselves free. The world went and got damn complicated over the past 60 or so years and we are part of it and we have to play along to get along. RP wants to recreate the world to fit his ideology and most Americans don't believe it can be done. So your guy needs to repackage his message or change his mind on some pretty significant ideals and even then I doubt he wins. His followers have the look of people on a quest. So quest! Go forth boldly even after the election. Keep raising money and advertising actively against the BS that will surely continue no matter who wins in November. Make a solid case for a third party. If the big two won't let you play in their sandbox then by damn build your own...that's how change comes in America.

Actually I am sincere. I just disagree with your firmly held belief that RP can change anything in a significant way. If his ideas were widely accepted by the US population then there would really be hope for making some dramatic, overall positive changes in our government and country. But he is attracting minimal support. And what his supporters don't care to hear is that it's mostly because he's isolationist.

The problem there is that the mainstream media feeds people the image that non-intervention is isolation instead of acknowledging that free trade with any nation is a far more inclusive and globalist position than dividing the rest of the world into "friends and enemies". When the media does this, those who can only parrot their message do so and keep doubts alive.

Why is Ron Paul unelectable? Because the people others depend on to do their thinking for them say he's unelectable.

Even uneducated people know that America can't just come home and try to stand a post at the borders to keep ourselves free. The world went and got damn complicated over the past 60 or so years and we are part of it and we have to play along to get along. RP wants to recreate the world to fit his ideology and most Americans don't believe it can be done. So your guy needs to repackage his message or change his mind on some pretty significant ideals and even then I doubt he wins. His followers have the look of people on a quest. So quest! Go forth boldly even after the election. Keep raising money and advertising actively against the BS that will surely continue no matter who wins in November. Make a solid case for a third party. If the big two won't let you play in their sandbox then by damn build your own...that's how change comes in America.

It would be great if change could come from people becoming educated. I fear that the powers-that-be are too entrenched to allow it. While I can't see a literal coup anytime in the immediate future, I believe things'll just get worse until there's a cultural explosion of some sort (but I also believe we're a couple of decades from such an explosion).

The problem there is that the mainstream media feeds people the image that non-intervention is isolation instead of acknowledging that free trade with any nation is a far more inclusive and globalist position than dividing the rest of the world into "friends and enemies". When the media does this, those who can only parrot their message do so and keep doubts alive.

Why is Ron Paul unelectable? Because the people others depend on to do their thinking for them say he's unelectable.

It would be great if change could come from people becoming educated. I fear that the powers-that-be are too entrenched to allow it. While I can't see a literal coup anytime in the immediate future, I believe things'll just get worse until there's a cultural explosion of some sort (but I also believe we're a couple of decades from such an explosion).

This is what I'm talking about. RP supporters assume that anyone who doesn't see him as "the enlightened one" must be unable to think for themselves and are of questionable mental capacity, unlike his ever so bright supporters. Even if what you think were true(a big if)he is still un elect able. Disparage his detractors all you want - in the end his campaign has been for nothing if his supporters stop when the election is over.

And BTW, I believe that explosion is just around the corner.

This is what I'm talking about. RP supporters assume that anyone who doesn't see him as "the enlightened one" must be unable to think for themselves and are of questionable mental capacity, unlike his ever so bright supporters.

And detractors use the same tactic of referring to him sarcastically as "the great man" or "the enlightened one" the same way Obama opponents sarcastically called him "the savior" and for the same reason - to try and imply that they are the brainwashed ones.

Also, it's not that I believe anyone is unable to think for themselves, they just don't. I still know people who will go off on a rant about how Obama is not an American citizen. Why? Because Fox questioned it. Never mind that determining someone's citizenship is probably the very first thing verified when someone registers that they are running. Obama was a better politician though. He said what people wanted to hear instead of what he believed.

I don't get how people refuse to vote for someone who all sides pretty much agree is an honest man when everyone else flip-flops, depending on the audience. I do believe Paul would have been better to focus on things he could actually accomplish without Congressional approval instead of scaring people to death by constantly bringing up the concept of dismantling half the government (no matter how unconstitutional).

Even if what you think were true(a big if)he is still un elect able. Disparage his detractors all you want - in the end his campaign has been for nothing if his supporters stop when the election is over.

I agree.

And BTW, I believe that explosion is just around the corner.

You could be right. I believe it'll take years until enough people are hurting to actively seek change. Keep in mind, our poor people are better off than the middle class in many places. We've been on top a long time and that means we've a long way to fall. I just don't think that'll happen overnight.

And detractors use the same tactic of referring to him sarcastically as "the great man" or "the enlightened one" the same way Obama opponents sarcastically called him "the savior" and for the same reason - to try and imply that they are the brainwashed ones.

Detractors of the Great man? Whoever does that? B)

The point is that it's all irrelevant really; he can promise whatever he likes, and he may well be totally sincere about what he promises. He's able to do this, and his Admirers are able to pin their hopes on him so passionately, because he knows, even if they don't, that there's no possible way he's ever going to be selected by the party whose guiding principles he seems to be so strongly against.

Detractors of the Great man? Whoever does that? B)

The point is that it's all irrelevant really; he can promise whatever he likes, and he may well be totally sincere about what he promises. He's able to do this, and his Admirers are able to pin their hopes on him so passionately, because he knows, even if they don't, that there's no possible way he's ever going to be selected by the party whose guiding principles he seems to be so strongly against.

I agree that he won't be selected as the Repub candidate. I wasn't aware though that the Republican party is supposed to be for big government and unconstitutional federal legislation.

Though I disagree, I don't have any problem with someone who feels that a different candidate is a better choice. I just have a problem with trying to paint the guy and people who support him as nutcases because of that difference in opinion - and I believe a lot of that is because of dogmatic acceptance of what the media says (though to be fair, I was a supporter of Paul in his 2008 and the pushy, evangelical supporters made me almost wish he weren't running).

In the end, I don't think anyone votes because of what other countries would think. We vote on what we think is in our own best interest, period. I highly doubt any other country is worried about what we think when they go to the polls and I don't blame them.

Well, that is not a good thing. It should not be the main consideration, but it should be a consideration.

Totaly agree. Why should the opinion of people in other countries matter in the least?? The only opinion I care about is from other countries are those who we are bombing, cause of the blow back.

Case in point! This is one of the many things wrong with our country.

American entering the war early resulting in a complete German victory? No. Just no.

Not to mention no one would have had to enter the war if we would have just paid attention earlier.

Personally I had a lot of respect for McCain, from what I heard about him. Just a pity that he committed electoral hari-kiri through his choice of running mate and thus prospective Vice President...

I never believed it was his choice.

Honest%20Ron%20Paul.jpg

Good one. I am going to write him in if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

Anyone else with me on that?

Not to mention no one would have had to enter the war if we would have just paid attention earlier.

Hitler wouldn't have come to power if people had been paying attention more. Tho it could be that someone else would have done the same thing. WWII seemed to be, to me, by some one's or some group's' ultimate design.

Gary Johnson

FTW!

I heard yet another name as well but I cannot remember it. So whatever happened, while the normal Germans were neglectful and apathetic, this event was going to happen in some form or another. But I see it happening here in the USA now, while the "enemy" in definition is vague and without boundries, making ANYONE, including our USA Government, fit the label of terrorist.

I am writing in Paul.

It is Ron or Revolution!!

I heard yet another name as well but I cannot remember it. So whatever happened, while the normal Germans were neglectful and apathetic, this event was going to happen in some form or another. But I see it happening here in the USA now, while the "enemy" in definition is vague and without boundries, making ANYONE, including our USA Government, fit the label of terrorist.

I am writing in Paul.

It is Ron or Revolution!!

So if Mr. P did by some chance get the nomination but was then not elected, would you accept that as the People having Spoken, or would you decide that that would justify, as you say, Revolution?

Eh ... Obama done fine.

He'll get my vote. :tu:

It appears that Mitch Romney appears to be the most likely front runner, but I can't say I really know very much about him. What does he stand for? Is he just the usual boring old right winger?

So if Mr. P did by some chance get the nomination but was then not elected, would you accept that as the People having Spoken, or would you decide that that would justify, as you say, Revolution?

No, I wouldn't. Not with these Deibold, ES&S, and other voting machines. I think our presidents are being purchased now.

The only way to know what the people have spoken is in the exit polls. We know how the Bush fAdministration tried hard to discredit exit polls. Why do you suppose that was?? Because the exit polls were the real measure of what the people wanted. I hope they never end.