Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Children at risk from 'witch finders'

Saru

Police have warned of a rise in cases involving people being tortured due to being branded as witches.

The warning came after a London couple were convicted yesterday of torturing a a 15-year-old boy to death because they were convinced he was possessed by evil spirits. Murderer Eric Bikubi – who with his partner, Magelai Bamu, subjected her younger brother, Kristy, to four days of torment before drowning him – was obsessed with kindoki.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Mr Walker

• Meiliken

• Paracelse

This angers me so much. I can't even begin to express how I feel about this on here, otherwise I'd be banned for sure.

Edited by Coffey

Coffey, I have to agree with you. There is no punishment strong enough for these people.:angry:

so who exactly are the evil ones here?

it never ceases to amaze me how messed up some people are

Fun fact. Over 9 million people have been killed in history by the christian church alone on the charge of witchcraft. Sad that it still continues

Witches were pegged by the religious as evil... IRONICALLY it took evil to kill them all..

This planet is truly built on IRONY... and too many are too dumb to notice it in these cases

Witches were pegged by the religious as evil... IRONICALLY it took evil to kill them all..

This planet is truly built on IRONY... and too many are too dumb to notice it in these cases

And then we parade that "justice" around with honor, as long as the meek believe.

The demons probably possessed the ones doing all witch hunting. It would at least explain their irrational behavior. And if I was evil spirit and posses someone, I would probably convince them that there are witches all around and must be destroyed or he/she would be killed by those witches. neat trick ;)

Why is it illegal to shot some people?

Well me being the neutral party here taking what I know into account:

This is mis-reviewed and put out by the media to the public to demoralize "Excorsism". If an "Excorsism" works you never hear about it; whenever something goes wrong and the person dies from the "currently unkown science" that is spirituality, it's all over the media.

On specific accounts, that is mis-understood religious beliefs, if the religious belief for that region is for example "forcing acid down their mouth to expell the demons" it is quite frankly not even close to what the Catholic Church "decided" is the way to purge an entity from a persons body.

Furthermor, further misunderstanding of the spiritual realm and the nature of all the beings that inhabit all realities will always lead to mis-interpretation of how to deal with something already not understood.

Example:

We used to think that many "medical practices" were alright, and that worked. Now we have the knowledge and understanding that what we thought helped before completely damaged other things.

Or the big classic one, the world was flat.

And the common; are we alone in the universe?

**EDIT**

So by the way. Who says witchcraft is evil if you are not hurting other people? You could kill an animal for a sacrifice and it should be fine, we do it all day everyday, we have farms that kill thousands to millions of animals a day...

Was there anything bad witches were known for? Other than if you straight PI**ED them off...

All the witches that are told about are healers, they fix things, they help people and their mental illnesses, they were often even "wise men" of the villages who people went to for advice...

Seriously, but people put a stigmatism on the whole spirituality subject because of their DNA and social qualms... we are all children of people who burned people alive, or watched people burn alive, those experiences effect us over generations of witches and scientists and free thinkers being burned alive...

In short some people retaliate against spirituality because they do not know, and they are afraid. So naturally you are afraid of the people who do know...

I'll end my rant here.

Edited by G3N0M3

The demons probably possessed the ones doing all witch hunting. It would at least explain their irrational behavior.

So humans cannot ever be twisted and bad without the aid of some demons?

That must mean human beings can never be fully capable of doing wrong, therefore should never take full responsibility for their own actions?

Why stop there... lets also add...

I guess if people do good turns, its not really them, they must be possessed by goodie gum drop angels?

Heck we all must be possessed by some strange entity, for every mood swing we take... So there must be PMS Spirits? HRT demons? ..Funny mood angels? Cheesed off demons?

Can't imagine what we would bl like IF no angel, demon or any spirit possessed us for whatever mood may come... Drones anyone?

This line of thinking is getting too darn strange, that even Scientologists would call WEIRD !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

So humans cannot ever be twisted and bad without the aid of some demons?

That must mean human beings can never be fully capable of doing wrong, therefore should never take full responsibility for their own actions?

Why stop there... lets also add...

I guess if people do goodie gum drop good turns, its not really them, they must be possessed by goodie gum drop angels?

Heck we all must be possessed by some strange entity, for every mood swing we take...

Can't imagine what we would bl like IF no angel, demon or any spirit possessed us for whatever mood may come... Drones anyone? rolleyes.gif

LOL!

I love how we are also supposed to have our own free will "deemed by God".

Wouldn't that make possession impossible if "God" created "laws" to have people possessed?

Or is it the belief that it is the evil already within us that lets us "fall to the dark side of the force" or vise-versa?

Ahh, loop-holes...

The people who wrote the Bible and other religious texts must have been great lawyers!! LMAO

So by the way. Who says witchcraft is evil if you are not hurting other people?

Pick up a bible and see what it thinks of witches...

If we listened to people that claim demons are cause for evil I think our society would be even more screwed up. Thank goodness for open minded people, people who question and scientist at least they look at intelligent reasons as to why people behaviour the way they do. The more we learn and open our eyes the better chance for change. If we listen to the bible people nothing would get questioned because God will save them or maybe karma will come around

Pick up a bible and see what it thinks of witches...

That's what I mean, I don't care what the bible thinks...

The bible thinks our planet and all the universe was created in 6 days...

We know now it was everything was not created a couple thousand years ago, so why would we think that witchcraft would be "evil"?

LOL!

I love how we are also supposed to have our own free will "deemed by God".

Wouldn't that make possession impossible if "God" created "laws" to have people possessed?

Or is it the belief that it is the evil already within us that lets us "fall to the dark side of the force" or vise-versa?

If God knew that we all cukld get possessed by some demons or evil spirits.. then No one would ever go to hell or get left out of heaven.. God will know we are not at any fault... We can just say - POSSESSED . Now ..let me in almighty one? lol innocent.gif

Ahh, loop-holes...

Religion would be lost without them lol ..it is full of excuses for everything.. Nothing but... Yea but, no but, yea but, no but yea.. !!!!

The people who wrote the Bible and other religious texts must have been great lawyers!! LMAO

w00t.gif Or politicians...Ever try and ask a a hard core religious person who loves to argue their faith a straight out level headed question ? OMG You will get everything BUT the answer.. Sometimes if they know they do not have a good answer.. they get mad at you and have agues what you are? You are either possessed, and doing satans work for ever asking them anything in the 1st place? OR You are just an anti-religious person

... My mother would use the - You are doing Satans work, IF you ask her a question linked to her faith she cannot answer... OR if she knows the answer she can give will make her faith look bad...So out will come the madness.. It happens..The excuse is usually the same - Possession of some sort lol

Religion is the biggest cult going around

Spiritual Religion is alright IMO because it takes into account SCIENCE, the more science you know the more spiritual you can actually become, and vise-versa. Again, all with our meager "interpretations" of everything...

Other religions are great too because it offers different culture... if we didn't have different religion we would all be the same as Becky's_Mom said; drones.

We already are drones though which is funny, we are just fed the belief that we have more control than what we have! LOL

Who owns your money? Not you, the government does. What does the government say? "In God We Trust"

Odd, "In God We Trust" so is all the money printed owned by the government or the church? ie. "God"??

Aghh... more loop-holes... fun!

**EDIT**

As for the topic.

This problem will always be around (people being at risk from witch hunters) until there is no more racism, as I see it, it's another racism, you are racist about their beliefs and it is against the law.

When there are no more "neo-nazis", "KKK", etc. then there would be much less religious prosecution...

otherwise, society and religion is already at a "to each their own" way of viewing things... so really, as long as people believe in religion, people will be getting killed over it... and the misunderstanding of it.

Edited by G3N0M3

That's what I mean, I don't care what the bible thinks...

The point is, it is what the religious use and have used to excuse their evil actions on innocent people they accused of being evil witches... The death toll alone is shocking... But a bible was used as a sheild to excuse their behaviour ... They are not the only Christians to have used a bible to hurt and kill people in Gods name.. Not all Christians obviously but over time many have

The bible thinks our planet and all the universe was created in 6 days...

I know ...But truth be told, so many Christians do not hold on to that belief literally... So many will and ave accepted Evolution.. There are some that stick with the bible answer...

I have begun to teach my 6yr old about the Big Bang Theory and other science facts.... She is coming along good.......Trouble is she belongs to a Christian primary school, they told her it was all God...... I sat her down and showed her a kids video on the Big Bang and I took it from there...... She said she must tell her teacher that the teacher was wrong.. I told my daughter not to bother, just keep it a wee secrete... Because sometimes religious teachers will kick up a fuss if you go to educate your kid advanced info...

We know now it was everything was not created a couple thousand years ago, so why would we think that witchcraft would be "evil"?

I dunno, I guess some of them taking their bible too literally.. . . Look what happened when so many Christians went over to an Afraican town... It turned out to be hell for the children over there.. I watched a Channel 4 documentary titled - Saving Africa's Witch Children... Turns out the Christians that introduced Christianity to these African tribes.. Introduced more so the old testament, than the new .

It got well out of hand... Soon young kids were torn from their mothers, some locked in a church and left to starve

A man interviewing said - These kids have no real idea what a witch really is... All they get is - YOU'RE A WITCH..*slap..slap*.. YOU'RE A WITCH.. * slap slap *... WHAT ARE YOU? A WITCH? ...This goes on until the kid cries and gives in admitting they are a witch.. Just to end the abuse

Video nasties to pretend to be evil witches, the videos were then sent by Christians to other parts of the towns to spread it all...

THe kids were the main targets of the twisted abuse

When you watch a little girl get left off to another village by her mother... all because some of the elders think her daughter is a witch and will kill her... You see a shot of the little girl running after her mother crying to stay with her.. She must be no more than 6 or 7 years old ...

That is the effects of Christianity to a town like that.....Here is a link, if you have never seen it.. It is worth watching..

Link -> http://www.channel4....ies-8/episode-1

Sometimes religion goes too far...But you cannot blame people like that for taking the bible literally and copying what it says,, if they are taught it is Gods true word and told that the only way to heaven is to obey what God wants..

You will get so many Christians who will not understand that people have and still do take the bible literally, but these Christians will ignore that and just come to make up excuses..... Instead of looking at the real problem ...I have not met a Christians in my life that will condemn this behaviour WITHOUT making excuses

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Thanks, I'll check it out after this, and good post :)

I've heard a lot about the same kind of things happening before. It is just not excuseable.

What I tried to ask though was not so much "Why do 'Christians/Catholic' people think that being a 'witch' is evil?" but "Why do people even today think that being a 'witch' is 'evil' without any religious beliefs?".

Like for example, I could tell someone "I'm a wiccan" (though I'm not) and even if they are not religious they will still think "Oh, you are a witch?" and automatically think that you are evil or a bad person. Apart from the obvious thought that being a "wtch" is weird. In reality being a witch is just practicing religion.

I mean sure I know, or have my own ideas of why, but let's see what your ideas are.

Edited by G3N0M3

What makes you think non religious people believe witches are evil? I would be more inclined to say they would think you are a little strange for claiming to be a witch

I remember when Kristy's story first came out, I was horrified. Just sickened that it happened, that his siblings were involved, that his calls to his parents were ignored.

But I can't really blame religion, can't blame Christians. Or at least not entirely. In the case of Kristy, it wasn't Christian fear at all, but rather fear that stemmed from a different faith entirely. The faith in Kindoki was to blame in Kristy's case.

It isn't just religion that makes people flake out like this. It's also superstition. Ludicrous superstition. And fear. Being so frigging terrified of something that might be thought of or misconstrued as spooky that one is willing to torture and murder someone because of it.

And sometimes it isn't even someone being spooky. Sometimes it's just being different. The old lady down the street that takes in stray cats because she is lonely and kind gets branded as a witch and picked on by the neighborhood kids. The guy in school that has better luck with the ladies that must be using spells or something gets razzed for his luck. The sibling that was always just a little different and gets tortured for it.

" but "Why do people even today think that being a 'witch' is 'evil' without any religious beliefs?".

Most likely because of Hollywood.. and hearing about some dark magic used.. I dunno... Old folk takes and so on

"Why do people even today think that being a 'witch' is 'evil' without any religious beliefs?".

Because mankind is still in the dark ages mentally. The exceptions are the few of us that are rational.

This incident did not occur in a vacuum. As an old African saying goes, "It takes a village to raise a child", it also takes a village to keep one safe. I know in this day and age of everyone afraid to get involved it is increasingly difficult to speak out. But these people lived in an apartment. No one can tell me that someone did not hear that child's screams and cries for help. Yet, they did nothing.