Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can anyone help ?

Cansomeonehelp

I've been having these "encounters" over the past few months it all started when I was sitting down to dinner with my girlfriend and I noticed my cat was terrified to come with in 10 feet of us and that's not like her not to bum dinner from us , she really looked frightened and all of a sudden she sprinted off and ran upstairs and 2 seconds later the sitting room door slammed shut and our television just turned off at the exact same time . I'm usually a very rational person but in this circumstance there was no window or door open to let a breeze in to slam the sitting room door shut and the UPC digital reciever we have requires the remote to turn it off ! I got a very bad feeling but just kept tellin myself it was nothing . Then a few weeks later while walking to the basement in work I heard footsteps behind me so when I reached the end of the 3storey staircase I held the door open (just trying to be polite) but there was nobody behind me . Maybe 3 weeks after this I was walking from work to my car (15 minute walk ) and about half way there I could see a shadow approaching behind me and heard footsteps so I moved to the side to give them room as it seemed to be close to me , when I realised that nobody had walked passed I turned around to see where they where and all I could see is a mile long stretch of road with our a soul on it apart from me . At this point I was getting a bit freaked over all these experiences and then all of a sudden they just stopped and didn't come back again Untill 2 weeks ago

I was standing outside my girlfriends house two weeks ago having a smoke at about 1Am when I heard this Latin whisper in the wind and what felt someone breathing on the back of my neck but when I turned around the whole estate was empty or miles .. Then on Saturday night in my girlfriends house while walking from the kitchen to the front door I wasn't really paying attention as I was texting a friend and again heard a Latin whisper in my ear . As I wasn't giving it my full attention I assumed it was my girlfriend so turned around and said " what u say " and when I looked up from my phone there was nobody there. On top of all these I sometimes get this deep dark feeling inside me then a second later some appliance like my laptop , play station or tv will turn off and on several occasions my tv has randomly turned on when I get this feeling.

And my latest one came this morning in my dream a man I had never seen before was sitting trying to talk to me but I all I could hear was a high pitched noise like a dog whistle but his mouth was moving as if he was speaking normally then I heard him speak "it's time to wake up now Darren" and with that I woke up wide awake staring at the ceiling feeling very confused about what just happened . My girlfriend and her mother are a little psychic when it comes to family members dying ect and keep giving me theory's on how it's a relative of mine trying to reach me but I have never seen this man before and if it were family I would most certainly have a comforting feeling but instead I get a dark feeling inside me .

Is there anybody who can shed some light on these experiences for me please . I feel like I'm going crazy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cansomeonehelp

• Its Mii

• Pauly Dangerously

• White Crane Feather

Can somebody please comment and try explain some of what I have described I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind at this stage

Edited by Cansomeonehelp

I'm not goin crazy , my girlfriend has been there with me for a good few of these experiences but she keeps trying to say is her nanny or grandad but I don't think it is

Edited by Cansomeonehelp

I'm not goin crazy , my girlfriend has been there with me for a good few of these experiences but she keeps trying to say is her nanny or grandad but I don't think it is

Before a couple of months ago I wouldn't of believed any of this crap and if someone said to me I'd laugh and call them nuts

Sorry hadn't actually read it all the way earlier, had to come back and read it. Why don't we start off by you telling me a little bit about what is going on in your life right now, anything you'd like to share really. I just want a little background info.

Do you speak Latin??

Ok well other than all this crap happening everything's fine no I don't speak it and I'm not 100% percent sure of it even is Latin but it's not English and I speak a little Spanish French and German so it's not a language I recognise at all my girlfriend is convinced its someone from her family yet things happen when I'm in my own house alone so I don't understand how it could be her relative . And I haven't known her long enough to know her relatives that have passed . Thanks by the way

Edited by Cansomeonehelp

Is there anybody who can shed some light on these experiences for me please . I feel like I'm going crazy.

Before a couple of months ago I wouldn't of believed any of this crap and if someone said to me I'd laugh and call them nuts

First you say you are feeling like you are going crazy, then immediately get defensive when someone asks if you have seen a psychologist and say "I'm not crazy". Seems a little crazy. Lol.

No one is saying you are crazy, in fact seeing a psychiatrist is a very sane and rational thing to do if you start to see or hear things that aren't there. You may want to consider seeing a professional as they are qualified to evaluate your mental state and help you explain what may turn out to be visual and aural hallucinations.

That being said, lets shake your story and see what falls out.

How long have you lived at your current residence?

When you say that this has been happening for "the past few months", how many exactly?

Have you had your home inspected by a professional home inspector since you have moved in?

When you have heard the voice in a language you didnt recognize, can you give us your closest approximation of what it was saying?

The evening you said you were being followed, you walk fifteen minutes from your car to where you work? You must park anywhere from half a mile to a mile away from your workplace, which is a good distance for someone to reach thier destination before you noticed they werent following you any longer. Do you have any reason to believe this was not the case?

First you say you are feeling like you are going crazy, then immediately get defensive when someone asks if you have seen a psychologist and say "I'm not crazy". Seems a little crazy. Lol.

No one is saying you are crazy, in fact seeing a psychiatrist is a very sane and rational thing to do if you start to see or hear things that aren't there. You may want to consider seeing a professional as they are qualified to evaluate your mental state and help you explain what may turn out to be visual and aural hallucinations.

That being said, lets shake your story and see what falls out.

How long have you lived at your current residence?

When you say that this has been happening for "the past few months", how many exactly?

Have you had your home inspected by a professional home inspector since you have moved in?

When you have heard the voice in a language you didnt recognize, can you give us your closest approximation of what it was saying?

The evening you said you were being followed, you walk fifteen minutes from your car to where you work? You must park anywhere from half a mile to a mile away from your workplace, which is a good distance for someone to reach thier destination before you noticed they werent following you any longer. Do you have any reason to believe this was not the case?

I said like I was going crazy as I wouldn't normally believe this . I've been living in my home for 9 years now and this has only started happening since late November around my birthday . I work in airport and te staff car park is at least 15 min walk

I can't make out what was said at all

When I moved out of the way as I thought I was letting somebody pass me then a few seconds later I turned around and there was nobody there

I said like I was going crazy as I wouldn't normally believe this . I've been living in my home for 9 years now and this has only started happening since late November around my birthday . I work in airport and te staff car park is at least 15 min walk

When I moved out of the way as I thought I was letting somebody pass me then a few seconds later I turned around and there was nobody there but it felt like they were walking behind me for half my journey

I know that knowing different languages facilitates Latin greatly but it's still Latin... for the most part it just sounds like gibberish. I honestly think you are just a little too on edge. I think you are under some kind of stress, it may be hard to identify... sometimes these things are rooted deep in the subconscious. There is some kind of turmoil turning up, you may have been suppressing it for a while but it needs dealt with. This may require help from a psychologist... (this doesn't mean your crazy, some people have a lot of trouble looking at the true essence of their issues from an outside prospective, they just need a little guidance identifying the problem).

It seems to me you have come to a point in your life where you are looking for deeper meaning, you have been asking for answers and they are coming to you but you must learn to identify them properly, don't let fear guide you. There comes a time for all of us to awaken to what this life really is but first we must drop all the scars and pain that blinds us. Its a hard process but your journey has begun.

The dream is what resonates the most with me. "It's time to wake up Darren." I would begin by doing dream exercises... try to remember your dreams, get a dream journal so you can write these things down. Before you go to bed think of what it is you would like answers to, ask for guidance to come trough your dreams. Things will fall into place.

Just remember no matter how real it all seams none of it can hurt you. This is all an exercise... learn to over come these things, once you do you will truly understand them.

I know that knowing different languages facilitates Latin greatly but it's still Latin... for the most part it just sounds like gibberish. I honestly think you are just a little too on edge. I think you are under some kind of stress, it may be hard to identify... sometimes these things are rooted deep in the subconscious. There is some kind of turmoil turning up, you may have been suppressing it for a while but it needs dealt with. This may require help from a psychologist... (this doesn't mean your crazy, some people have a lot of trouble looking at the true essence of their issues from an outside prospective, they just need a little guidance identifying the problem).

It seems to me you have come to a point in your life where you are looking for deeper meaning, you have been asking for answers and they are coming to you but you must learn to identify them properly, don't let fear guide you. There comes a time for all of us to awaken to what this life really is but first we must drop all the scars and pain that blinds us. Its a hard process but your journey has begun.

The dream is what resonates the most with me. "It's time to wake up Darren." I would begin by doing dream exercises... try to remember your dreams, get a dream journal so you can write these things down. Before you go to bed think of what it is you would like answers to, ask for guidance to come trough your dreams. Things will fall into place.

Just remember no matter how real it all seams none of it can hurt you. This is all an exercise... learn to over come these things, once you do you will truly understand them.

Thanks very much that's a very big help :) you may be right il look into what you said and post a reply when I get to te bottom of it . Thanks a million

When I moved out of the way as I thought I was letting somebody pass me then a few seconds later I turned around and there was nobody there

Interesting. Seeing some commonality and patterns here, but I will hold off of drawing connections for a bit.

The man in your dream, you didn't recognize, but can you describe him?

The voice/s that your heard, were they aggressive, soft, fast or slow?

Can you explain you history a littel bit? Were you raised in a religious household, go to church, watch scary movies? Just anything to let us know you a little better.

The reason I ask is you mentioned latin as seeming like what you heard. You said you speak little to moderate other romantic languages which are all based in latin, and recognizing latin usually comes from either study of latin, movies, or being raised in a church which does services in latin.

Is there anything else you want to add or clarify about your experiences?

I would agree with the others on this. I always try to start from the most logical point and work from there.

You may be struggling with something and it's just not hitting your conscious mind enough for you to recognize it. You may also be whipping yourself into these situations by thinking too much.

However, I'd recommend that you first see a professional. As others have mentioned, a psychologist would be appropriate. If you are a person of Faith, you could pray about it too.

I think you've already noticed that this stuff happens no matter what locale you are in. Again, this would intimate that these episodes are generated thru you.

Nobody is pointing any fingers at you or calling you crazy. Perfectly sane people go to psychologists every day to work thru problems.

Interesting. Seeing some commonality and patterns here, but I will hold off of drawing connections for a bit.

The man in your dream, you didn't recognize, but can you describe him?

The voice/s that your heard, were they aggressive, soft, fast or slow?

Can you explain you history a littel bit? Were you raised in a religious household, go to church, watch scary movies? Just anything to let us know you a little better.

The reason I ask is you mentioned latin as seeming like what you heard. You said you speak little to moderate other romantic languages which are all based in latin, and recognizing latin usually comes from either study of latin, movies, or being raised in a church which does services in latin.

Is there anything else you want to add or clarify about your experiences?

Thanks for posting :) yes I can picture him right now he was skinny with black hair and a kind of withered face.

The voices were soft but fast so it was hard to say if they were aggressive or not

Yes I was raised catholic so i would recognise latin when i hear it and used to go to church growing up but I haven't been in many years although I do keep a bible next to my bed . In regards of movies I'm more of a comedy person I wouldn't really watch anything else

I have had other experiences whilst on the phone to my girlfriend we both thought we heard a voice whisper in the background , this was probably one of the earliest experiences last year but all these technical experiences with phones tv's and laptops i know can be put down to any number of faults as I'm currently employed in Dublin airport as computer technician and electrician. Even tho I can explain them it's the feeling I get when it happens that makes me feel that there's more to it than an electrical fault

I would agree with the others on this. I always try to start from the most logical point and work from there.

You may be struggling with something and it's just not hitting your conscious mind enough for you to recognize it. You may also be whipping yourself into these situations by thinking too much.

However, I'd recommend that you first see a professional. As others have mentioned, a psychologist would be appropriate. If you are a person of Faith, you could pray about it too.

I think you've already noticed that this stuff happens no matter what locale you are in. Again, this would intimate that these episodes are generated thru you.

Nobody is pointing any fingers at you or calling you crazy. Perfectly sane people go to psychologists every day to work thru problems.

Thanks very much I'm gonna look into seeing someone :)

"It's time to wake up Daren"

This is a message with multiple meanings.

Your dream is what interests me. You shouldn't consider it apart if what's been happening, more like a reaction to it.

What is your lifestyle like Daren? You smoke, but anything else. Any hard partying or drinking? If not? Then what is the stressor In your life? List some of the things you worry most about.

Hi, all I can say is stay calm. Things like this happen all the time at my house, but I believe the spirits are testing you, to see what you will with stand. I am used to it now, but I did at one point think I was going nutty. The best thing to do is to try and ignore it. Shrug it off like nothing happened eg, door slams- try not to even flinch, hear the latin whisper again- carry on with what you're doing. It worked for me, should for you too. I used to get freaked out by experiences in my house, but I got used to it and eventually started ignoring it, only about 1-2 things happen a week now, it used to be a couple of times a day, i'm sure it will eventually die down altogether.

Hope it works for you too, Eihpos. :sk

Most people who frequent mental health professionals aren't "going crazy".

"It's time to wake up Daren"

This is a message with multiple meanings.

Your dream is what interests me. You shouldn't consider it apart if what's been happening, more like a reaction to it.

What is your lifestyle like Daren? You smoke, but anything else. Any hard partying or drinking? If not? Then what is the stressor In your life? List some of the things you worry most about.

I smoke a lot yes but I don't drink and I defo don't party :) even tho I'm only 23 I lead a quiet enough life and the only thing tht stresses me out lately is just some minor money troubles every now and again but nothin to big

Hi, all I can say is stay calm. Things like this happen all the time at my house, but I believe the spirits are testing you, to see what you will with stand. I am used to it now, but I did at one point think I was going nutty. The best thing to do is to try and ignore it. Shrug it off like nothing happened eg, door slams- try not to even flinch, hear the latin whisper again- carry on with what you're doing. It worked for me, should for you too. I used to get freaked out by experiences in my house, but I got used to it and eventually started ignoring it, only about 1-2 things happen a week now, it used to be a couple of times a day, i'm sure it will eventually die down altogether.

Hope it works for you too, Eihpos. :sk

Thanks for that :) I must say I do feel a little better after reading your post .

Thanks very much that's a very big help :) you may be right il look into what you said and post a reply when I get to te bottom of it . Thanks a million

I'm glad I could help, and please do let me know how things are turning out.

I smoke a lot yes but I don't drink and I defo don't party :) even tho I'm only 23 I lead a quiet enough life and the only thing tht stresses me out lately is just some minor money troubles every now and again but nothin to big

Hmmm

Well I think you should listen to the message you got. Something is trying to wake you up.' there is a reason that got through. I have herd that phrase many times from people's dreams. It almost always has a double meaning.

Keep your eye out. Create a

Dream journal.

• 3 weeks later...

(Random person just popp'n in here... giving random input)

Have you done any recent renovations in your home? Often the poor trapped dears only become active when you do something major in the home, like breaking down a wall for example.

Also, calm your mind. I won't shove any 'they're more afraid of you than them' rubbish down your throat... but your current state of mind is not allowing you to think clearly. Based on what you've shared, this entity has made no harmful intentions towards you or your girlfriend, so relax. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Let me throw in something less skeptical since you're asking for help on the more paranormal outlook as well. Talk to Gracie on psychichatchway.com forums. Sign up and make a topic post in the appropriate spot and you'll get help from those perspectives. Hope it helps. It's a great site honestly. Even offers cleansing and protection prayers if need be to see if there offers a change. Best of luck hon.