Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sydney lashed by heavy rain

Eldorado

Sydney has suffered its heaviest rainfall in five years, bringing the city's transport system to a halt and causing hundreds of rescues and evacuations.arrow3.gifRead more...

Video at link above.

Stay safe, folks!

Edited by Eldorado

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tigger

• Eldorado

• Habitat

• and-then

It's all part of the "permanent drought" scenario prophesied by Tim Flannery. I've had to go back to the drawing board with a thing or two in my life, so I know how he must feel after the last couple of years of floods. :rolleyes:

I read about a potential dam failure due to this constant rain they've been having. I pray that they avoid that catastrophe. :unsure2:

it's so weird to see so much of australia, being the east coast. hammered by rain and floods, and here in the west whilst we have had the wettest summer on record in years. we are still having heat waves. 38 tomorrow, 39 sunday, 39 monday and so forth.

where the heck is autumn?

it's so weird to see so much of australia, being the east coast. hammered by rain and floods, and here in the west whilst we have had the wettest summer on record in years. we are still having heat waves. 38 tomorrow, 39 sunday, 39 monday and so forth.

Every cloud has a silver lining, Brisbane had two very mild summers, at the price of a lot of troublesome rain.

Hi tigger;

Hope you get some relief from the heat soon.

In the Upper Hunter we have had the coolest summer in living memory. 33c being the hottest day so far and it doesnt look like getting that hot again. (it usually gets into the 40s here)

I didnt miss summer one bit TBH, give me cooler days anytime.

Hi tigger;

Hope you get some relief from the heat soon.

In the Upper Hunter we have had the coolest summer in living memory. 33c being the hottest day so far and it doesnt look like getting that hot again. (it usually gets into the 40s here)

I didnt miss summer one bit TBH, give me cooler days anytime.

i am very much a winter girl. love the colder weather, that and some good electrical storms. we have had some great summer storms.. was quite lucky not to get stranded in my beastly car when we had a huge downpour. it took about 15 minutes to have the carpark at the back of our shop flooded out, was worse as the park is higher than the road, but was interesting to see how people handled the weather ;)

i've also lived out in norseman, when my dad worked out there.. got up to 45C + (keep in mind, the temp is always taken in the shade). it got pretty warm out there in summer

Say it together folks .. I love a sunburnt country a land of drouggt and flooding rain

Say it together folks .. I love a sunburnt country a land of drouggt and flooding rain

gotta love doretha "my country"

i love a sunburnt country

a land of sweeping plains

of ragged mountain ranges

of droughts and flooding rains]

i love her far horizons

i love her jewel sea

her beauty and her terror

the wide brown land for me

and so forth ;)

Are "Men at Work" still touring?

sadly, no... they got busted for sampling a riff from an australian nursery rhyme and had to pay a lot of money in royalties.

sadly, no... they got busted for sampling a riff from an australian nursery rhyme and had to pay a lot of money in royalties.

Thank you. :)

1331524810[/url]' post='4229474']

gotta love doretha "my country"

i love a sunburnt country

a land of sweeping plains

of ragged mountain ranges

of droughts and flooding rains]

i love her far horizons

i love her jewel sea

her beauty and her terror

the wide brown land for me

and so forth ;)

UM needs a like button! "LIKE"happy.gif

• 1 month later...

It's been crazy weather lately! Wollongong got flooded, and I've never even heard of that happening before!