Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outer Body Experiences

BurnSide

Debate Suggestion by Dancing Hamster

OBEs. Outer Body Expirences. Do they really happen as we think they do, or is the phenomina actually some trick of our minds that can be explained away by rational thinking?

This debate will decide that. It is a Formal, 1 vs 1 debate where both debaters will post an introduction, 5 bodily posts showing countering of the opponent, good style, persuasive arguments and information relevant to the topic.

Any questions, feel free to PM me. thumbsup.gif

Edited by BurnSide

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• greychupa

• TooFarGone

• Subtemperate

Great, thank you for the interest Novo!

I'm going to send Dancing Hamster a message making sure she's still onboard for this debate. thumbsup.gif

I have had many out of body expiriences and i sure want to defend that they are real thumbsup.gif

The debate is already full greychupa.

Dancin' Hamster is debating for OBEs and Novo is debating against them.

However, if one of them drops out, you'll be the first person too call on the subject.

As it is i'm waiting for a reply from Dancin' Hamster to say she's still in.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well Dancin Hamster has still not gotten back to me.

So i'm going to re-open this debate to whoever wants to debate it. Greychupa, Novo, if you're stillinterested in debating post so here. Otherwise, this debate is now again open for anyone to debate in.

• 2 weeks later...

DH got back to me and said she no longer wanted to participate.

So, i'm still looking for TWO debaters to post their interest in this debate. Thank you!

Glad you're still interested. It's no problem you can't post everyday, as long as we get one a week there shouldn't be any problems. original.gif

So, you're in. Now we're waiting for just one more debater, and then we'll get this underway. thumbsup.gif

Okay! Glad to hear it.

I have faith in this debate, i think it'll be very interesting. Good luck to both debaters!

Greychupa, you will be defending OBE's explaining that they are real.

Jeremy Rumbolt, you will be debating that OBE's are not real.

This debate will have both debaters posting an introduction, 5 bodily posts showing countering of the opponent, good style, persuasive arguments and information relevant to the topic, and a conclusion. Remember to state your sources, and absolutely no flames or insults or offensive language.

Any questions, you got my number. original.gif Good luck!

ok, i believe in OBE, but i will go against them in the spirit of debate.

There has always been conflict between science, and the paranormal. Many people clame to have pot of body experiences. Personally, think that tey arent rel. There is no scientific proof, that any of these are real

We're waiting for greychupa's introduction now.

Okay, here we go. ( sorry for my typos.... )

I am now 19 years old, and i have been having outer body experiences for the last 4, 5 years, from the time i first heard about them and started experimenting. When i didnt have the internet yet, i didnt know anyone else who knew about this, i only had a book about the paranormal where there was a chapter devoted to OBE and some tips how to induce them. Now i am a regular visitor of some big OBE and lucid dreaming forums.

My first experience was this :

I was playing on my gameboy while laying on my bed. After a while i got sleepy, and i fell asleep. I woke up leaning against the upper bed ( i have a double bed back then, for friends to sleep over ), facing my pillow and i was looking at my gameboy. I couldnt move..I was scared, and i reached over to my gameboy and put it on, so that the music would wake me up ! The minute i turned on the gameboy, i woke up.

After this happened, i started to pay attention to it and started to have more and more OBE's. Mostly i cannot really control my body, this happened to me only a very few times. Last time was, i got up from my bed, and roamed around in my room for a little while, in my astral body. I inspected my room.

I remember ones being in a totally unfamiliar invironment, i still dont know where it is where i was, maybe it only exists in the astral planes.

Mostly, i wake up while being already out. But a very few times i manage to stay awake with my mind, and let my body go to sleep till the point comes where i am ready to seperate my mind from my body.

I go lay down on my bed, and become totally relaxed. I lay very still. After a while, while my mind is drifting off and i am thinking about all kinds of things, my body goes start feeling numb, and starts vibrating. The vibration comes in "waves".

Then, when i manage not to move and clear my head so i can focuss only my heardbeat and on the process of getting up, i feel myself splitting in 2. I feel my astral body getting loose from my physical one. I get up from my bed, sometimes firm on my feet, sometimes i am half floating.

Sometimes i encouter creatures in the astral, but i am still not sure wether they are real beings or only creations of my mind.

These experiences feel so real, i am not dreaming, i am so sure they are not just vivid dreams !!

I have a little proof about it, but you have to believe me on my word.

It was one morning, and i was awake in my astral body, but still laying on my bed. Just doing nothing, slumbering. I was facing the wall, while my physical body was facing the door. Suddenly, i heard my dad saying something like : " were going to the market, we will be back around 1 pm. Leen ? oh youre sleeping ".

I wanted to answer, but i couldnt. I was still asleep !! But i heard my dad while being in the astral.

Soon after, i woke up, facing the door. I asked my brother about my parents, they were off to the market. When they got back home, i asked my dad about it. He said, you were sleeping, you didnt say anything, i saw your face, it wasnt turned against the wall !

Ahh, but can you be positive that you where not dreaming. These events happened in places that you are familiar with. PErhapes you where only dreaming, and because you knew the surrondings so well, your dream gave you the "image" that you where having an OBE.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure im not dreaming. I am wide awake and consious, im not having delusions or dreams. Besides, how could i have heared my dad talking to me, when actually i was asleep and dreaming ?

As time goes by you get to learn the diffirence between dreams and actual OBE's.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, but many dreams can be realistic. You may have heard him, because it is a very familiar voice, and your brain was just recalling it. I have had dreams where I thought my mom was calling out to me to wake me up for school. I woke up, and when I look at the clock it was only 3:00AM. It was just that my brain had made me relive a thing that was very familiar to me, this made me think it was real. So, all I am saying, is that this was most likely a dream, not an OBE.

I didnt dream my dad was calling me, he was actually calling me. I checked later, and he said the exact words wich i heard while i was awake in my astral body.

This afternoon while i fell asleep after studying, i had another experience. As usual, i find myself awake and laying on my bed, but at the same time i have a floating feeling, and i can get up and see my self laying asleep on my bed. I floated around a bit, and noticed that it started raining. I could see the rain and hear it. Then i lost control and vision, i floated somewhat against the wall and then i woke up. It was raining.

I am so sure they are not dreams, because i can see the difirence between an OBE and a dream after a while. Sometimes i have a dream during an OBE, but then i try to focus and make the dream go away. Why do you keep on insisting they are dreams, while i am the one who has the experience and i know for sure they are not dreams ! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Ahh, but many dreams can be realistic. You may have heard him, because it is a very familiar voice, and your brain was just recalling it. I have had dreams where I thought my mom was calling out to me to wake me up for school. I woke up, and when I look at the clock it was only 3:00AM. It was just that my brain had made me relive a thing that was very familiar to me, this made me think it was real. So, all I am saying, is that this was most likely a dream, not an OBE.

426903[/snapback]

Then, when do i have an OBE ? What is OBE, according to you ?

Edited by BurnSide

• 2 weeks later...

Crap....sorry.

The point i am trying to make, is that you didnt have an OBE. It may have been pure coincidence that your dad called out during the supposed "OBE". Likw I said, our dreams are very realistic, and it may have been pure coincidence that while you where dreaming, your Dad called out to you.

Edited by Jeremy_Rumbolt

• 3 weeks later...

This is going nowhere. Are you me, so that you saw that i didnt have an OBE, that i was hallucinating ? I know when i am dreaming and when i am not dreaming, i know my own body, i know when i am having an OBE, and when not.

Youre going nowhere, you do not pay attention to my words and you just keep on saying that i didnt have an OBE. It has nothing to do with coinsidence. I can give more examples, the dad thing was just my most recent experience.

What is, according to you, outer body experience ? Whats your definition if this occurence ?

Okay..

In that case, i see it fit to pass this one on to our judges. thumbsup.gif

Debator 1: Greychupa.

Relevancy:7

Countering:5

Style:5

Persuasiveness:5

Total:22.

Debator 2: Jeremy_Rumbolt

Relevancy:7

Countering:4

Style:4