Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The children who bore witness to Roswell

Hi Quillus,

I've been away for quite a while, busy with work and all that.

I got interested in this one, though, because it's an angle that I never thought much about before--the children of Mack Brazel. I had never thought much about Dee Proctor, either, but then again he never had anything to say about Roswell compared to his mother Loretta.

And one person who we know almost nothing about is Margaret Brazel, Mack's wife, beyond some brief mentions that she was there the whole time, handled the wreckage and even helped collect some of it. Of course, she was dead by the time the Roswell researchers got around to writing their books and conducting interviews with the Roswell residents.

One impression that comes across very strongly with all these witnesses is that the military did indeed warn them not to discuss these events at all, and many of them said little or nothing about what happened for the rest of their lives, including Mack, Paul and Margaret Brazel and Dee Proctor.

I do wonder if the entire Brazel family was taken into custody and held at Roswell Field for a week, or if they just held Mack. Certainly something extraordinary had happened because his two adult sons, Paul and Bill Jr., returned home to Roswell from their other jobs to find out what was happening, only to find their parents and younger brother and sister gone and the ranch cordoned off by the military.

I understand buddy.......nice to have some strong posters back on this side of the fence ( I was getting lonely)

anyhow, I havent got the time to go into the Roswell case yet but I feel the time is coming......I just know once I start I will be stuck for months on end trailing through loads and loads of info.

cheers

I understand buddy.......nice to have some strong posters back on this side of the fence ( I was getting lonely)

anyhow, I havent got the time to go into the Roswell case yet but I feel the time is coming......I just know once I start I will be stuck for months on end trailing through loads and loads of info.

cheers

Hi Quillus,

Roswell is one of those cases where I've mostly run out of new things to say, since the same ground is being ploughed again and again and again.

The angle about the Brazel children is interesting, but they've already made their statements for the record--or not--and now people are interviewing third and fourth generation family members who were not witnesses, but just "heard some things" over the years. My impression of Mack and Margaret Brazel is that they had very little to say about any of these events after 1947, and had very clearly been warned not to.

Hi Quillus,

Roswell is one of those cases where I've mostly run out of new things to say, since the same ground is being ploughed again and again and again.

The angle about the Brazel children is interesting, but they've already made their statements for the record--or not--and now people are interviewing third and fourth generation family members who were not witnesses, but just "heard some things" over the years. My impression of Mack and Margaret Brazel is that they had very little to say about any of these events after 1947, and had very clearly been warned not to.

Hey McG, I dont think the third and fourth generations will help at all, in fact they will only add more mud and provide fuel for skeptics.

I suppose much of this will be quite new once I start delving but time doesnt permit taking on this monster of a case.

Hey McG, I dont think the third and fourth generations will help at all, in fact they will only add more mud and provide fuel for skeptics.

I suppose much of this will be quite new once I start delving but time doesnt permit taking on this monster of a case.

Whatever it was, this case got pulled from the regular UFO records and someone stamped it Top Secret, Need-to-Know back in 1947. If any of the real records still exist about it, they have been security segregated somehwere.

It was probably something more than Project Mogul balloons that crashed out there, just judging from the heavy-handed reaction.

Whatever it was, this case got pulled from the regular UFO records and someone stamped it Top Secret, Need-to-Know back in 1947. If any of the real records still exist about it, they have been security segregated somehwere.

It was probably something more than Project Mogul balloons that crashed out there, just judging from the heavy-handed reaction.

Hey McG, yes the bolded sentence is my gut feeling also......

This is why Roswell will Live on thru- out Time. Lots of possibilities ! :clap: Roswell Lives !!! :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: E.T`s Home on the Range !

• 2 months later...

AnonymousAugust 12, 2012 3:02 PM

I always find reading the different stories interesting.

I do filter out certain items, having been to the area.

First th site is nearer to Corona than Roswell. Leaving Corona you leave behinda the populated area and still go about 10 more miles before you turn right on a county road. You encounter no houses for maybe 6 or 7 miles and you come to a sign indicating Proctor ranch. Going on down the road for about 10 more miles are some more dirt roads going to a water trough. If you kapt going straight you will cross an Air Strip. You need to go back to one of the dirt roads and down it a ways is the site. At this time you have traveled about 17 miles on dirt roads. Keep in mind these are still dirt roads after 65 years of use.

Think of the year 1947, the cars being much less reliable I had to drive about 25 MPH on the good parts of the road, back then I cant even imagine how fast they would drive.

Brazel's living quarters was a one room line shack, no running water, a pot bellied stove for cooking and heat, just the bare necesities.

I was there in 2006, in 1947 the children would have just been getting out of school and for Brazzel's children to have been there with him, he would have had to have driven a round trip of @200 mies to get them as his wife and family did not live on the job site.

Mac was a sheep herder and he was paid to take care of the sheep.

I was extremly fortunate on my trip, I traveled 1200 miles from Vallejo, CA going to Roswell. Stopping for breakfast, asking if the waitress knew anything about the crashsite, I was told to ask the owner at the gas station. She had only came to get the days receipts and then leave. She directed me to stop at the Hodge place @7 miles from town.

I actually met Loretta Proctor, My not being a trained interviewer I did not have many questions so I just recorded Loretta telling all about the incident.

Ive been to Roswell 3 times now and one thing stands out. They are not telling you to believe a UFO crashed, their convinced something did happen. Recient disclousers indicate it most probally was a ufo. The Army would not have wasted resources on weather balo ons.

On thing never ceases to amaze me, Why dont we see more videos with the actual witnesses telling their story?? I have over 40 minutes of Video of Loretta telling the facts, not what someone said.

Loretta never stated there was anyone but Mac and her son at the site. Corona is roughly 35 miles from the site and Roswell probally over 70 miles. To this day almost no-one lives out there its desolate, no water in the summer but wells.

Wayne

Edited by wprather