Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exploding 'Phoenix Lights' Caught on Live TV

Still Waters

Just days away from the mysterious "Phoenix Lights" 15th anniversary, a local FOX TV affiliate cut to a live traffic report web cam just as a bright flash of light exploded on the screen. What was it?

Despite being witnessed by everyone watching the live report, Phoenix officials haven't been able to identify what caused the blast.An explosion that big should have been reported and heavy damage would be expected. How is that possible?

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psychoticmike

• preacherman76

• ohio state buckeyes

• Sakari

an alien abductee returning from a different dimension?

or maybe hank hill moved to phoenix and he's not as good with propane as he lead on LOL

seriously tho i don't know I'm looking into it heres a map of the area

post-108157-0-48040300-1331340056_thumb.

Looks like a transformer blew or something like that.

As someone pointed out, it starts off at full size then decreases which is the opposite of an explosion.

swamp gas. or a weather balloon.

Or someone photo shopped it. If we don't know what it was it hast to be one of those things :w00t:

Or someone photo shopped it. If we don't know what it was it hast to be one of those things :w00t:

Don't know, I kind of doubt it being shopped. It's a lot more work to edit a video than it is a picture. You have to go frame by frame. There really wasn't anything UFO related in the vid, why would somebody shop an explosion into it? But then again, maybe it's some kids school project for a visual effects class or something. :tu:

As someone pointed out, it starts off at full size then decreases which is the opposite of an explosion.

The normal speed footage clearly shows a short-duration light expanding from and then contracting back to a source; the cam is also probably suffering from after image of the flash. Compared with the headlights of the vehicles it isn't that bright.

This really shouldn't take much investigating locally.

Phoenix metro area is a very large and densely populated complex of several cities. I would hazard a guess that a vehicle struck an electrical pole and the transformer or related arcing caused the flash. This would be localized, likely get repaired very quickly, and not raise curiosity levels sufficiently to cause undue notice. Moreover, each one of these cities has sophisticated response centers that would be activated if the incident was of consequence.

Don't know, I kind of doubt it being shopped. It's a lot more work to edit a video than it is a picture. You have to go frame by frame. There really wasn't anything UFO related in the vid, why would somebody shop an explosion into it? But then again, maybe it's some kids school project for a visual effects class or something. :tu:

I was being sarcastic and clearly it wasn't a explosion there would be some type of reports from someone.

If you notice, it's no brighter than the headlights on the freeway. It wouldn't have to be much of flash to appear that bright on that camera. It could be just a streetlight bursting, or as stated previously, a blown transformer.

It's the same shape as the headlights of the cars coming in on the opposite side of the shot. Probably a light bouncing inside the camera. Wish it was aliens tho...

Depends if it was a greenish type of light phenom, then it could have possibly been a dimensional teleport of someone to somewhere, or something teleporting. If you ever see green in the sky after a similar explosion like this one in the video, involving a green fuzz or "fog" afterwards, then its highly likely you have dimensional rift residue(why its green we don't know yet). However it is also possible that experiments gone aray with teleporting malfunctions

Looks like a static discharge of some type....I thought I saw a very small streak of lightning a split second before the flash;

We told uncle Jed not to eat beans next to the camp fire.

From what I understand, there was no electric problems in the area that night. No blown transformer, or street light. Thats why its causing a stir. They claim they cant find any reason for it. Im still going with ball lighting.