Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exploding 'Phoenix Lights' Caught on Live TV

Still Waters

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psychoticmike

• preacherman76

• ohio state buckeyes

• Sakari

It's an implosion. The light is sucked by an experimental black hole.

:ph34r::alien: Created by ninja aliens.

Hmm. I can't exactly identify of what it is.

But yes yes, "We told uncle Jed not to eat beans next to the camp fire."

X'D

Very good news station useless like a broken pen... Instead of wondering what it was they should do report on it .. Thats why i don't have a TV, it shows nonsense and commercials 24/7.

Maybe those on going solar flares that have reached earth are to blame. Where I live, I was most likely awaiting some type of power outage to occur, but, instead of power outages due to solar flares, we had recurring thunderstorms, hail falling, winds bashing and a water spout coming out of the ocean onto land and turning into a mini tornado. Now, for some of you, weather like this is quite normal, but for us who live in Hawaii, it's just not our natural weather.

someone who forgot the gas lit in the kitchen?

Its apparently been solved!!!

flash of light in Phoenix is solved

While that's completely plausible (and remember here that I'm regarded as a debunker and skeptic..) a 'some guy said' report like that is pretty useless as far as solving the mystery.

WHAT transformer and where?

Where are the pictures of the blown equipment, and a copy of the report?

It's not like these would be gov't secrets that cannot be revealed.. Very shallow reporting by a *very lazy* reporter, if you ask me..

I remember this story,, It was the day of the solar flare activity on the sun. I really think thats all it was. but it is still very cool looking though.

While that's completely plausible (and remember here that I'm regarded as a debunker and skeptic..) a 'some guy said' report like that is pretty useless as far as solving the mystery.

WHAT transformer and where?

Where are the pictures of the blown equipment, and a copy of the report?

It's not like these would be gov't secrets that cannot be revealed.. Very shallow reporting by a *very lazy* reporter, if you ask me..

I agree and thats why i said apparently. I do find it bizzare that nobody heard anything tho. Sure it was early and most people were likely asleep but not all. If it was a transformer or breaker (as claimed in the link) i would expect there to be more evidence of it. This could easily be a cover story for any number of things.

Just thought people would like to see the link.

Edited by psychoticmike

Its apparently been solved!!!

flash of light in Phoenix is solved

The News reported ( if you had volume up ) that the power company was called, and there were NO ISSUES with any power lines or transformers.......Sorry.

The News reported ( if you had volume up ) that the power company was called, and there were NO ISSUES with any power lines or transformers.......Sorry.

And now a different news company is reporting that is was a breaker, whats your point? maybe you should read my comments? I guess sarcasm really doesn't translate well over the net. I don't believe thats what it is, thats just what the link says.

I thought i already made that pretty clear. Besides, what makes you believe one news story and not the other? they are both claiming something with no evidence. How do you know either even called the power company?

And now a different news company is reporting that is was a breaker, whats your point? maybe you should read my comments? I guess sarcasm really doesn't translate well over the net. I don't believe thats what it is, thats just what the link says.

I thought i already made that pretty clear. Besides, what makes you believe one news story and not the other? they are both claiming something with no evidence. How do you know either even called the power company?

Take a chill pill.....I was typing up the reply before you posted yours, so I could not see it.

I don't think much of anything translates over the internet, especially on a discussion board.....I just made a reply, no sarcasm intended.

After reading yours again ( link ), and seeing others, if I could, I would go back and edit what I said......Yup, made a mistake and spoke to soon.

I think it is solved, good job !

Edited by Sakari

Take a chill pill

Don't need one.

I was typing up the reply before you posted yours, so I could not see it.

ok, sorry then.

I don't think much of anything translates over the internet, especially on a discussion board.....I just made a reply, no sarcasm intended.

I agree with your first part, but i was talking about my sarcasm. I was being a bit sarcastic when i posted the link.

After reading yours again ( link ), and seeing others, if I could, I would go back and edit what I said......Yup, made a mistake and spoke to soon.

No problem, we all make them from time to time.

I think it is solved, good job !

thanks but i disagree. It could still be anything, these are just stories after all and they're not from very credible sources.

Heres some older footage that was also supposed to be transformers going off during a storm;

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Lightning-Storm-Leads-to-Rare-Light-Show-121648069.html

Its pretty wild if its real. Would love to have seen it.

"Meteorologists always say that this phenomenon is just the sky getting lit up by transformers blowing up. But that doesn't explain why they kept blowing up, nor why transformers all up and down the line kept blowing up (you'd think that once the line failed, the whole circuit would go dead, or the sub-station relay would have kicked out), nor why the city lights kept shining as the neighborhood transformers got knocked out. It also does not explain why some of the discharges are slightly directional and/or filamentary. These, in fact, are discharges between the ground and the air, and while power line towers are likely discharge points, they don't necessarily affect the power lines, and the sub-station doesn't sense the discharges, so it's not going to open the circuit. If the power goes out, it's because of a structural failure in the tower that was carrying the lines."

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=498094