Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Searching for answers

ZaraKitty

I'm 19 years old and have been terrified of death since I was a little girl, well the fear of becoming nothing, or ceasing to exist. I used to think I'd seen ghosts or heard spirits but I always think it's just wishful thinking. If anyone had had a kind of experience that made them a believer could you please share?

Thankyou

I really don't see the problem with there being nothing after death. It's not like you'll know.

I'm 19 years old and have been terrified of death since I was a little girl, well the fear of becoming nothing, or ceasing to exist. I used to think I'd seen ghosts or heard spirits but I always think it's just wishful thinking. If anyone had had a kind of experience that made them a believer could you please share?

Thankyou

I have seen ghosts since I was very young.

I too wondered what is out there after death even though I have had these expereinces , until my dad died. (well, 10 yrs. later really, but here's why) When he was diagnosed with brain tumors he told me many things, strange zen, not to smoke, not to do anything to ruin my reputation, etc. (I was 17) At the end of this long talk he added , "if my calculations are correct I'll be back with you in about 10 yrs." Now, being a teenager just hearing a bunch of "zen" I didn't understand and quite frankly felt like he was full of it over, I dismissed it pretty much...but I did always remember it because he mentioned calculations and I wondered what the heck he meant by this. He always did a lot of studying of ley lines, and weird math, etc. that a young person just can't grasp....so, long story short he passed away shortly after this talk. I went on with my life, got married , started having children, yadda yadda. 9 yrs. and 5 mos. after my dad had died I had child #4...this child was clearly an "old soul" type person from the get go, she was articulate by the age of 1 , walked at 9 mos. , very alert to her surroundings and people's behavior/interactions with each other, and would make note of it and comment on how they should've acted rather than excepting their behavior to mimic as children normally do. At the age of 2 1/2 yrs. old she came walking into the kitchen just beaming with light , smile big as I've ever seen it! She climbed up on my lap , making constant eye contact with me, she places both her tiny hands on each of my cheeks and looks me straight in the eye as she says to me with great glee and joy,"I used to be your father and you used to sit on my lap just like this!!!" Needless to say all of my dad's words came flouding back to me, yet I was completely startled by it to the point that I sat her down in front of me and looked at her with surprise and shock/disbelief...she, still smiling turned and walked away and sat in the chair on the opposite side of the table, as if she was knowingly giving me time to process this information, with a "I told you so " sortof look. THAT is the day I believed in reincarnation for the first time and knew with all my heart that we do have life after death in a soul form and we can come back here to a specific family if that is what we so choose....

Don't be afraid of leaving this life, it is merely a phase of your growth and experience. The body your soul resides in is your vehicle, take care of it and give it due maintenance when needed . We are not human's on a spiritual journey, we are spirits on a human journey...(in my opinion, respectfully)

Peace and be calm, look within to find your truths and to know yourself.

But that in itself is scary to me, it takes away all meaning to life. If this is all we're here for, a short 80-100 years, then nothing. There's no meaning :unsure:

I too wondered what is out there after death even though I have had these expereinces , until my dad died. (well, 10 yrs. later really, but here's why) When he was diagnosed with brain tumors he told me many things, strange zen, not to smoke, not to do anything to ruin my reputation, etc. (I was 17) At the end of this long talk he added , "if my calculations are correct I'll be back with you in about 10 yrs." Now, being a teenager just hearing a bunch of "zen" I didn't understand and quite frankly felt like he was full of it over, I dismissed it pretty much...but I did always remember it because he mentioned calculations and I wondered what the heck he meant by this. He always did a lot of studying of ley lines, and weird math, etc. that a young person just can't grasp....so, long story short he passed away shortly after this talk. I went on with my life, got married , started having children, yadda yadda. 9 yrs. and 5 mos. after my dad had died I had child #4...this child was clearly an "old soul" type person from the get go, she was articulate by the age of 1 , walked at 9 mos. , very alert to her surroundings and people's behavior/interactions with each other, and would make note of it and comment on how they should've acted rather than excepting their behavior to mimic as children normally do. At the age of 2 1/2 yrs. old she came walking into the kitchen just beaming with light , smile big as I've ever seen it! She climbed up on my lap , making constant eye contact with me, she places both her tiny hands on each of my cheeks and looks me straight in the eye as she says to me with great glee and joy,"I used to be your father and you used to sit on my lap just like this!!!" Needless to say all of my dad's words came flouding back to me, yet I was completely startled by it to the point that I sat her down in front of me and looked at her with surprise and shock/disbelief...she, still smiling turned and walked away and sat in the chair on the opposite side of the table, as if she was knowingly giving me time to process this information, with a "I told you so " sortof look. THAT is the day I believed in reincarnation for the first time and knew with all my heart that we do have life after death in a soul form and we can come back here to a specific family if that is what we so choose....

Don't be afraid of leaving this life, it is merely a phase of your growth and experience. The body your soul resides in is your vehicle, take care of it and give it due maintenance when needed . We are not human's on a spiritual journey, we are spirits on a human journey...(in my opinion, respectfully)

That's amazing to hear, and it gives me faith in spirituality, i've been looking for answer for a long time, and your Dad sounds like he knew what he was talking about. Thankyou for sharing!

That's amazing to hear, and it gives me faith in spirituality, i've been looking for answer for a long time, and your Dad sounds like he knew what he was talking about. Thankyou for sharing!

I have no idea why that posted twice. -newbie facepalm-

Once you can define spirituality as personal empowerment, it starts to have a degree of attraction.

But that in itself is scary to me, it takes away all meaning to life. If this is all we're here for, a short 80-100 years, then nothing. There's no meaning :unsure:

Exactly. The more you can reflect on this kind of thinking, the easier it will be to appreciate your own inner wisdom.

John

My experience really didn't have much to do with ghosts or spirits. I had experienced that type of stuff before but for some reason I just didn't connect it to the after life maybe because I was too young to understand... but yes, there is an after life. We are and always will be, I don't think our essence is ever lost.

When I got into my teens a bunch a bad stuff happened to me by the time I was 18 I didn't believe in God at all. I didn't think there was anything after death, just this life. I began too heal to try to mend my soul I was searching for answers I began reading books on all different religions and theology. I needed something, I felt like you. I really got no answers, I decided that best I could do was be the best person I can be. I realized Karma is my best chance to live a happy life.

One day when I was 21 I was was with my friend I had gone with her to the grocery store and as we were walking in she was talking to me about her baby... I remember I was so stressed, I was paying no mind to her. I thought I was pregnant, I was really afraid. Right at that moment I was thinking to myself, "What am I going to do?? I'm not ready, I can't lead a child in this world, I can't even take care of myself!! What am I going to do??" Then this guy comes walking up to me... (He looked like he was homeless, or part of one those church organizations that help addicts) and hands me this piece of paper that looks like a dollar bill. I took it from him and began to read it. It said something like... "In her womb there is her savior, and he shall be called Emmanuel." I froze. I couldn't believe what I had just read it was like someone had just answered me from out of thin air. Like someone was telling me not to be afraid because this baby would save ME. Tears flooded my eyes, the emotions that overcame me were indescribable. I looked around to find the guy but he was gone, I asked my friend where he had gone and and she said she didn't know, he had left. I wasn't pregnant, but if I had been his name would have been Emmanuel. If I ever have a son his name will be Emmanuel.

I really think that was God touching my life. I honestly believe that's how these things work, it will always be trough someone else who is there at the right place, at the right time. Once this happened I began to see things in a whole new way. I had always felt a connection to this planet to all living things, but after this I understood there is a driving force. There is a consciousness there. This opened up my eyes to the spirituality behind everything, it helped me connect these aspects of my life which had been lacking. I understood for once that there is someone listening, it is us who rarely listen for the answers. I realized synchronicity is the way the world speaks to us. I freed my soul, my life will never be the same, I'm only 25 but my faith is a rock that can not be shaken. I found this for myself, my journey led me here, my pain and suffering, everything comes full circle. If I had not experienced those things I would not be here today.

I would say to begin a journey to being found first one must be lost. I believe your journey has begun, consider it a gift that you have this yearning at such a young age for you will have the rest of your life to walk righteously. Some don't feel this need for answers till way later in life, you have long, very long to keep growing... this is only the beginning.

My experience really didn't have much to do with ghosts or spirits. I had experienced that type of stuff before but for some reason I just didn't connect it to the after life maybe because I was too young to understand... but yes, there is an after life. We are and always will be, I don't think our essence is ever lost.

When I got into my teens a bunch a bad stuff happened to me by the time I was 18 I didn't believe in God at all. I didn't think there was anything after death, just this life. I began too heal to try to mend my soul I was searching for answers I began reading books on all different religions and theology. I needed something, I felt like you. I really got no answers, I decided that best I could do was be the best person I can be. I realized Karma is my best chance to live a happy life.

One day when I was 21 I was was with my friend I had gone with her to the grocery store and as we were walking in she was talking to me about her baby... I remember I was so stressed, I was paying no mind to her. I thought I was pregnant, I was really afraid. Right at that moment I was thinking to myself, "What am I going to do?? I'm not ready, I can't lead a child in this world, I can't even take care of myself!! What am I going to do??" Then this guy comes walking up to me... (He looked like he was homeless, or part of one those church organizations that help addicts) and hands me this piece of paper that looks like a dollar bill. I took it from him and began to read it. It said something like... "In her womb there is her savior, and he shall be called Emmanuel." I froze. I couldn't believe what I had just read it was like someone had just answered me from out of thin air. Like someone was telling me not to be afraid because this baby would save ME. Tears flooded my eyes, the emotions that overcame me were indescribable. I looked around to find the guy but he was gone, I asked my friend where he had gone and and she said she didn't know, he had left. I wasn't pregnant, but if I had been his name would have been Emmanuel. If I ever have a son his name will be Emmanuel.

I really think that was God touching my life. I honestly believe that's how these things work, it will always be trough someone else who is there at the right place, at the right time. Once this happened I began to see things in a whole new way. I had always felt a connection to this planet to all living things, but after this I understood there is a driving force. There is a consciousness there. This opened up my eyes to the spirituality behind everything, it helped me connect these aspects of my life which had been lacking. I understood for once that there is someone listening, it is us who rarely listen for the answers. I realized synchronicity is the way the world speaks to us. I freed my soul, my life will never be the same, I'm only 25 but my faith is a rock that can not be shaken. I found this for myself, my journey led me here, my pain and suffering, everything comes full circle. If I had not experienced those things I would not be here today.

I would say to begin a journey to being found first one must be lost. I believe your journey has begun, consider it a gift that you have this yearning at such a young age for you will have the rest of your life to walk righteously. Some don't feel this need for answers till way later in life, you have long, very long to keep growing... this is only the beginning.

That's incredible, and I thank you for sharing it. I had never thought that to be found I must first be lost, and I am defiantly lost. UM is where I've begun my journey, learning about everyone's beleifs is my first step.

<3 made me feel better, knowing I am not alone.

Once you can define spirituality as personal empowerment, it starts to have a degree of attraction.

Exactly. The more you can reflect on this kind of thinking, the easier it will be to appreciate your own inner wisdom.

John

How is spirituality a person empowerment, I'm not being a skeptic, or mean, I'm curious about what you think ^^

You make your own meaning in life. Your life's purpose doesn't kick in when it ends. Do you drive a car after it's died on you? No. Do you eat food when it goes bad? No. The afterlife ISN'T the purpose of life. If it was proven that there was no afterlife, would you just sit down and do nothing until you die? The meaning to life is what you do every day. The very fact that you're here has made you affect the lives of your friends and family. THAT'S the meaning to life.

Edited by Bracket

How is spirituality a person empowerment, I'm not being a skeptic, or mean, I'm curious about what you think ^^

I see spirituality as increasing energetic awareness. This becomes personal empowerment when you notice your thinking, your reactions to those thoughts, and make adjustments with your thinking to promote an improvement in your reactions.

Religions teach things about God as if it were a being outside of the self. A spiritual person, with or without religions, will look within the self for their highest inner wisdom when they really need to make improvements in their life. This is instinctual for many of us. Find that inner wisdom and just feel the relief.

So that is what I think.

John

There is a famous story,I want to say ,from India ?

A man's wife died.He never remarried,and some 18-20 years later,a woman of about that age,showed up at his door.

She knew intimate details of his life,and where everything was in the house.

His children were of course outraged,and he was dubious,but the girl knew so much.

Her patents went with her to visit one day,and they told the man,"she has said she is this woman,reincarnated,since she's a child".

He allowed her to stay in the house,but he remained skeptical.

Then ,I forget the nature of the issue,but the man went into debt,and he was going to lose the house ,and everything,and the woman said,lets sell my jewels.

He said,what jewels,they disappeared before my wife died,some 20 years ago.

The woman went to a cabinet in the hall,and crouched down,and did something at the back of it,at the base,and came up with a jewel case.

It contained all his wife's missing jewelry .

No one could explain how she knew it was there,but she saved his estate .

Thankyou

Why do you think there is nothing more than this?

Edited by The Lone Ranger

Think of the thousands of years before you came to be. You weren't conscious then, you were essentially nothing. I believe that death is like going back to the time before you were born. There was nothing scary about that time, right? I think blissful unconsciousness would be more pleasant than a heaven or Hell or anywhere else we may go for eternity.

No one knows what happens when we die, really. I don't know what kinds of thoughts you tell yourself about dying, but whatever they are, it's all supposition, isn't it, a story you're telling yourself, that has no basis in fact? So you're probably thinking the worst possible thoughts. Why not change the way you think, since you can't change the inevitable. Do some study, research, reading about how other cultures & religions perceive death. Educate yourself, use your mind & intelligence to sift through the information; then perhaps your story will change and run on a more positive track. And does your fear infringe on your happiness in the present? You're focusing on the future, which is unknown. Focus on the present, how you can serve others, how you can find your joy, engage in activities you love. It's not easy, but you have the ability to direct the changes in your life, if you feel like this is something you want to change.

Thankyou

you will have to face the fear and examine what it is that really scares you about it in order to get over it

it's not merely a matter in believing in spirits or an afterlife, it's a matter of being okay with death either way

in any case,

if you cease to exist it will be of no consequence to you whatsoever, because you won't exist to care

what were you doing before you were born? do you remember that? sorta the same thing.

Why do you think there is nothing more than this?

Because to think that there is something more seems like wishful thinking.. <_<

Because to think that there is something more seems like wishful thinking.. <_<

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isnt. I cant give you the answer.

But you can ask yourself this: Why is there something and not nothing?

Edited by The Lone Ranger

Thankyou

Hi zara, I will tell you this. It is quite impossible for you to cease to exist. In a universe based on pure materialism and chance there is no other choice for your life to keep repeting itself, then of course in a universe of the spirit, you have a soul. The only way you cease to exist is if there is some creator god that demands worship or eternal death, and you choose to be defiant. I don't beleive that for a second. So relax my friend there is no eternal nothing. You have eternity one way or another.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

I Stopped Being Scared Of Death (To A Certain Extent) After I Read Michael Newton's Book "Journey Of Souls" .. Well Maybe I Should Put It This Way: The Book Definitely Changed My Point Of View About Death And Souls And Where Do We Go After We Die .. Now I Feel A Lot Calmer About It .. Of Course There Will Always Be A Fear Factor, We Are Only Human After All, And We Are Scared of The Unknow .. But I Suggest You Read It ..

Whether It Is True Or Not I Can't Tell Until I Visit A Past Life/ Life Between Lives Regressionist .. But The Book Made So Much Sense To Me So I Like To Think The Things He Writes About Are True :)