Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Camping Admits Rapture Prediction 'A Mistake'

Bracket

Ninety-year-old Harold Camping predicted that the world would come to an end on May 21, 2011. And then again on October 21, 2011.

And while it has been clear for months that the world, in fact, did not end on either date, Camping has finally issued an official statement admitting the mistake.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karmakazi

• Beckys_Mom

• Paracelse

• Cotton

Gee that must make all the poor souls who believed him and sold all their wordly goods or gave them away feel so much better. I wonder if "humbly" admitting he was wrong is also going to equal "humbly" parting with his ill-earned wealth to recompense those affected by his mistake.:rolleyes: After all atoning for your sins is divine.:innocent:

Gee that must make all the poor souls who believed him and sold all their wordly goods or gave them away feel so much better. I wonder if "humbly" admitting he was wrong is also going to equal "humbly" parting with his ill-earned wealth to recompense those affected by his mistake.:rolleyes: After all atoning for your sins is divine.:innocent:

Darn you beat me to it on the money thingy .... darn Aussie they always a day ahead! :devil: :devil:

Yeah, Mr. Camping should give everyone's money back. I think the people that were taken in should band together (class action suit) and take Mr. Camping to court. :yes:

Conning a lot of his followers and taking their money is more than a mistake.. He should refund every penny...But I doubt it

He didn't intentionally scam those people, he was just a moron. I feel sorry for the old fool.

I fail to believe apologies from people who make the same mistake over and over. 1988...1994...2011...

Probably the only reason he won't see another prediction is his age. Wonder if the family will keep at it?

I agree with Karmakazi, once MAYBE twice possibly, hell even a broken clock is correct twice a day, this guy is either a moron and or a total con artist

I fail to believe apologies from people who make the same mistake over and over. 1988...1994...2011...

I agree... If you make a mistake one time over something.. then yea it can be excused ... Do it again over the SAME thing.. you can try and tolerate it... But again and again... Comer one, you are having a laugh ....and obviously too stupid to notice you keep failing

I think he knows he may fail..but it doesn't stop him from getting followers to invest...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If people are stupid enough to believe him and sell or give away their possessions then they deserve what they get. Why would they need to sell or give things away if its the end of the world anyway. No one is going to need it.

ok i think its Matthew 24 that says "concerning that day or hour nobody knows, neihter the angels of the heavens nor the son, but only the Father" so as long as we have quacks predicting the end of the world every day till the end of time (.,ie Supernova, Gama Ray burst, nuclear war, of some dumb scientist creating a virus) I think we should all be fairly safe in saying the "rapture" will never come :)

"Beware of false phophets."

That is all I have to say.

If people are stupid enough to believe him and sell or give away their possessions then they deserve what they get.

Agreed.

Why would they need to sell or give things away if its the end of the world anyway. No one is going to need it.

I assume it is an all-too-late attempt to show their devotion and trust in god.

If they want to show true devotion, they should give everything up whether the world is going to end or not. Which is basically what Jesus said but I guess everyone's trying to sit tight until that "oh crap!" moment hits.

He didn't intentionally scam those people, he was just a moron. I feel sorry for the old fool.

You can't really say wether it was intentional or not, you can't read his mind. But, since he is a "man of God" he would be well aware that bible says no one will know the time. And if he knew the bible says that, then I would lean toward a deliberate scam. If he had returned the money, I would change my opinion.

If people are stupid enough to believe him and sell or give away their possessions then they deserve what they get. Why would they need to sell or give things away if its the end of the world anyway. No one is going to need it.

The same can be said of the people who lost everything on wall street but those ones get helped.... go figure

You can't really say wether it was intentional or not, you can't read his mind. But, since he is a "man of God" he would be well aware that bible says no one will know the time. And if he knew the bible says that, then I would lean toward a deliberate scam. If he had returned the money, I would change my opinion.

In one hand - I do not see the point in you in one hand telling someone else they cannot really call it a scam..we cant read his mind

Scams are intentional.. regardless how you view them

In the other hand you point out the obvious and note that the bible doesn't in any way give dates ( which is true).. and if he is a man of God he would know this...So you lean towards scam...

Two different things you are suggesting... You are calling it a scam like everyone else.. So it was pointless you telling someone they can't ..Waste of post

Returning the money? If he didn't do it months ago, he isn't going to start now.. All he has to do is say - Not my fault they believed me and act like nothing was his fault. Even though it was his doing .. taking advantage of their beleifs. Denial seems to be the choice of many like him.. Many religious people have scammed their fellow Christians and made off with the money..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

RNS) Radio evangelist Harold Camping has called his erroneous prediction that the world would end last May 21 an "incorrect and sinful statement" and said his ministry is out of the prediction business.

"We have learned the very painful lesson that all of creation is in God's hands and he will end time in his time, not ours!" reads the statement signed by Camping and his staff and posted on his ministry's website.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Sinful, of course! I bet Satan gave him the wrong dates too, lol. I really can't believe there's anyone left on the planet that would take this guy seriously.

Sinful, of course! I bet Satan gave him the wrong dates too, lol. I really can't believe there's anyone left on the planet that would take this guy seriously.

Somebody is bound to get it right eventually. The law of averages you know, LOL

Somebody is bound to get it right eventually. The law of averages you know, LOL

LOL, like the lottery, somebody's gotta win sometime? :w00t:

What was his prediction? End of the world, or was it the return? I've got news for all! 12/28/2012 the hosts of the Lord will appear above every mountain top. This by simple observation of what I have witnessed the last two years that I worked at night on a mountain top. These were the same years Hale-Bopp was in our solar system. I witnessed a craft of some sort two years in a row on the same date 12/28 between the hours of 8pm to approximately 10pm. Was able to get within about a 150 yards. different coworkers ( just one) both years could not see it and they acted a bit strangely. As if controlled.

Edited by cerberusxp

I hope no one takes this guy seriously,he must have dementia and is living on his own planet.I predict that the world will end in about 4-1/2 billion years time when the sun blows up,we better start making plans now,,yeehaaa

Misleading headline. He does not admit about being wrong with his apocalypse scam, he simply says his timing is wrong. As if that wasn´t obvious.

And the question that he never adresses is: Will you refund the money that all your gullible followers donated to you, Harold?

Misleading headline. He does not admit about being wrong with his apocalypse scam, he simply says his timing is wrong. As if that wasn´t obvious.

And the question that he never adresses is: Will you refund the money that all your gullible followers donated to you, Harold?

That's a rhetorical question right? :w00t:

Edited by karmakazi