Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Shark Species Discovered in Galapagos

Still Waters

Scientists conducting deep-sea dives around the Galapagos Islands have identified a new species of shark. Part of a family known as a catsharks, the new species is about 1.3 feet long, roughly the same size as a typical housecat.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• Skeptic Chicken

• orangepeaceful79

• ZaraKitty

Its amazing that there has been enough actual evidence collected and analyzed to identify and categorize a new species of housecat-sized shark living in one corner of the enormous ocean and yet nobody can come up with a single actual piece of physical evidence for a species of giant hairy man-ape that has supposedly has a range that spreads it out all over the planet. Wonder why that is? :huh:

Its amazing that there has been enough actual evidence collected and analyzed to identify and categorize a new species of housecat-sized shark living in one corner of the enormous ocean and yet nobody can come up with a single actual piece of physical evidence for a species of giant hairy man-ape that has supposedly has a range that spreads it out all over the planet. Wonder why that is? :huh:

Makes you wonder about the validity of such claims don't it?

No,I saw a news article with photos.Its real.

Google it,you should find it.

The people who do this stuff are quite abundant.They get grants blah blah,because everyone wants some new species named after them.

An article was published beginning of this year,with photos of bunches of newly documented species.

There was a lot of them ,all different places.Sea,rain forest ,etc.

There's a species of cuttlefish,that only lives in one small patch of ocean,I want to say in Indonesia ....i am not quite sure.It walks,not swims,its sooo frigging small...amd someone that studies cuttle fish, managed to find it.

There's also a humming bird,with incredible plumage,that's only on one island ,somewhere outside the USA,and hummingbird peeps found it.

This is what these people do for a living so....its not made up .

sweet.

No,I saw a news article with photos.Its real.

Google it,you should find it.

The people who do this stuff are quite abundant.They get grants blah blah,because everyone wants some new species named after them.

An article was published beginning of this year,with photos of bunches of newly documented species.

There was a lot of them ,all different places.Sea,rain forest ,etc.

There's a species of cuttlefish,that only lives in one small patch of ocean,I want to say in Indonesia ....i am not quite sure.It walks,not swims,its sooo frigging small...amd someone that studies cuttle fish, managed to find it.

There's also a humming bird,with incredible plumage,that's only on one island ,somewhere outside the USA,and hummingbird peeps found it.

This is what these people do for a living so....its not made up .

You misunderstand. what he is saying is the idea that BIGFOOT might be real, yet leave no evidence, and we find the things you mentioned with AMPLE evidence and documentation, is what is hard to believe.

Dogfish or catshark? Make up your mind!

sweet.

You misunderstand. what he is saying is the idea that BIGFOOT might be real, yet leave no evidence, and we find the things you mentioned with AMPLE evidence and documentation, is what is hard to believe.

Dogfish or catshark? Make up your mind!

I was responding to evancj .Nothing at all about bigfoot.

I inferred that they might think this claim was also invalid.

Edited by missymoo999

I was responding to evancj .Nothing at all about bigfoot.

I inferred that they might think this claim was also invalid.

Sorry for the misunderstanding missymoo999,

Neognosis is right, I was referring to the validity of the claims of a Giant ape that is supposedly seen all over the world, yet no one is able to produce any evidence. While we can go down to the bottom of the ocean and find a tiny fish and come back with the evidence of it's existence.

Ahhh,my mistake .

I blip right over stuff about bigfoot unfortunately.

I find it to be complete bs,so I tune it out I guess. Sorry.

You cannot completely rule out the existence of a 'Big foot' unless someone proves they don't exist

Actually you are wrong. Bigfoot does not exist. There I just did it, now prove me wrong.

Mike

Haha, so true :)

You cannot completely rule out the existence of a 'Big foot' unless someone proves they don't exist

The burden of proof lies on the shoulders of those making the extraordinary claims - ie, those people who claim that Bigfoot exists. Proof equals evidence, of which there is to date - none. Zip, zero, nada, zilch, zed. And before you say it - eyewitness accounts are not evidence.

It looks like a baby Leopard Shark to me,or maybe its just a mutant,caused by all the crap on the ocean floor,chucked in by Humans.

I want one in my fish tank.

Ha Ha,it wouldnt be very good for your goldfish,unless you have piranha in there and no goldfish...

Its good to see a new species of shark, I just wonder how long it will take before they make shark fin soup out of it. Oh & by the way isn't the Patterson footage real as I recall it hasn't been disproven. ?

The burden of proof lies on the shoulders of those making the extraordinary claims - ie, those people who claim that Bigfoot exists. Proof equals evidence, of which there is to date - none. Zip, zero, nada, zilch, zed. And before you say it - eyewitness accounts are not evidence.

yet you have one account of this shark species and dont question it for a second.

Good to see double standards are alive and well on UM

Edited by CaitSith

I actually never knew it did once exist .I thought it was just a modern urban legend.Interesting .

Yeah, well it's not exactly bigfoot, but it is the closest thing to what people are seeing.

Indeedly interesting.

yet you have one account of this shark species and dont question it for a second.

Good to see double standards are alive and well on UM

But don't you think that it helps that this new shark species can be caught and at least genetically tested to make sure it's a new species rather than not finding any physical evidence of a modern bigfoot? I mean, if a live bigfoot could be caught and studied, it would be a total game changer.

If you were Big Foot would you like to meet humans who would happily place you in zoo for all sort of mo-ons paying to see you? :innocent:

Now we can move on to finding Megaladon.. :yes: