Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coca-Cola Removes Known Carcinogen

bouncer

There you go Coke lovers... Coke could kill !!

http://naturalsociety.com/coca-cola-removes-carcinogen-to-avoid-cancer-warning-label/

Its the REAL THING!!

Thankfully Ive never had the taste for it...bloats me up and makes me fart.. so never buy it, glad about that now!!

Edited by bouncer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• Simbi Laveau

• Fluffybunny

• FurthurBB

This was on the news here last night,and they said it was in Pepsi too,and both companies were removing it.

This was on the news here last night,and they said it was in Pepsi too,and both companies were removing it.

ha about time eh? No wonder everyone (1 in 3) seems to get some form of cancer, if only we could eat the original natural diet of the ancients, nothing processed, just water to drink, eating the seasonal foods...plenty of veggies..nothing artificial

I reckon too many products on the shelves, and big business, just dont care about anything more than their profits...

Sadly

There you go Coke lovers... Coke could kill !!

http://naturalsociety.com/coca-cola-removes-carcinogen-to-avoid-cancer-warning-label/

Its the REAL THING!!

Thankfully Ive never had the taste for it...bloats me up and makes me fart.. so never buy it, glad about that now!!

Caramel food colouring is legal and the cancer link hasnt been proven because you need to consume high doses.

The colouring is made by burning wood and collecting the discoloured pulp. Jack Daniels burns the inside of wooden barrels to give the wiskey its taste and caramel colouring. Its widespread, has been for years and no cancer link has ever been proven.

I'd be more worried about artifical sweetners in diet sodas. Asparteme (as its now called) is was an anti stomach ulcer drug. Drinking to much diet sodas can cause stomach acid reflex problems when you give it up. Its because your stomach acid levels have to reset themselves.

Asparteme also crosses the brain blood barrier, damages neurons and binds to the receptors dealing with blood sugar levels leading to diabetes and obesity.

ha about time eh? No wonder everyone (1 in 3) seems to get some form of cancer, if only we could eat the original natural diet of the ancients, nothing processed, just water to drink, eating the seasonal foods...plenty of veggies..nothing artificial

I reckon too many products on the shelves, and big business, just dont care about anything more than their profits...

Sadly

The reason the "ancients" didn't have higher cancer rates seems to be a factor of a much lower life expectancy than anything else. When most died in their 30s/40s, of course there weren't high cancer rates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/health/28cancer.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&hp

"For both groups, the authors wrote, malignant tumors “were not significantly fewer than expected” when compared with early-20th-century England. They concluded that “the current rise in tumor frequencies in present populations is much more related to the higher life expectancy than primary environmental or genetic factors.”

Sadly

Since the ancients were distilling things in burnt wood barrels, I do not think an ancient natural diet would save you.

Caramel food colouring is legal and the cancer link hasnt been proven because you need to consume high doses.

The colouring is made by burning wood and collecting the discoloured pulp. Jack Daniels burns the inside of wooden barrels to give the wiskey its taste and caramel colouring. Its widespread, has been for years and no cancer link has ever been proven.

I'd be more worried about artifical sweetners in diet sodas. Asparteme (as its now called) is was an anti stomach ulcer drug. Drinking to much diet sodas can cause stomach acid reflex problems when you give it up. Its because your stomach acid levels have to reset themselves.

Asparteme also crosses the brain blood barrier, damages neurons and binds to the receptors dealing with blood sugar levels leading to diabetes and obesity.

Burnt anything is really a carcinogen, it is actually the way that cigarettes cause cancer, except cigarettes are worse because you are giving it direct access to growing cells. Your stomach has growing cells too, but they are much more protected. Also, no one thing causes cancer, it takes at least 10 hits (mutations) as far as we know and the way in which burnt things cause cancer happens naturally too so there is a repair mechanism.

Aspartame is pure poison .I read that the patent is going to run out soon,so Monsanto is gearing up to release Neotame to replace it .

A new video about the horrors of aspartame has been released recently .I just read about it in passing.

I will find the link .

But most processed foods are bad for us.We need to grow and cook our own foods,and take all the crap out.

Our children are the ones that inherit this from the previous generation .Their immune systems and hormonal systems ,are a mess ,by the time they're 9 years old.

http://products.mercola.com/sweet-misery-DVD/?e_cid=20120310_DNL_FDML_spotlight&source=nl

Edited by missymoo999

Since the ancients were distilling things in burnt wood barrels, I do not think an ancient natural diet would save you.

Errm, what were they distilling and does that mean they ALL were?

Even a 1960's diet was far healthier than todays, I remember seeing some news about a joint of meat from the 60's with one from today. Naturally the one from the 60's was was smaller as not being pumped full of steroids and water for bulk, was leaner with not much fat marbling...as the meat too, had a different healthier more natural diet

Nowadays they pump the animals so full of hormones or growth agents...and the feed is not as natural as is best

No i believe many diseases/cancers today are here because of the modern lifestyle diet...

"Cancer caused by modern man as it was virtually non-existent in ancient world"

and

""But in ancient times, it was extremely rare. There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.

Cancer appears to be a modern disease created by modern life."

linky: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8064554/Cancer-caused-by-modern-man-as-it-was-virtually-non-existent-in-ancient-world.html

Edited by bouncer

Errm, what were they distilling and does that mean they ALL were?

Even a 1960's diet was far healthier than todays, I remember seeing some news about a joint of meat from the 60's with one from today. Naturally the one from the 60's was was smaller as not being pumped full of steroids and water for bulk, was leaner with not much fat marbling...as the meat too, had a different healthier more natural diet

Nowadays they pump the animals so full of hormones or growth agents...and the feed is not as natural as is best

No i believe many diseases/cancers today are here because of the modern lifestyle diet...

And most nutritionists would agree.

Our parents had a healthier diet .

I believe anything cooked at very high temperatures has toxic results though.I read something about McDonald's French fries.I forget the details now though.I have heard things about burnt foods,like charred meats,but I dont know enough about it to comment.

I eat only true organic now.No sweetners,nothing with high fructose corn syrup,nothing with corn.I will not touch a corn product,including fillers,for myself of my animals.

98% of all corn and soy,in the USA,is gmo.Regardless of whether or not it was grown organically.The seed is gmo.

Soy might be a lower percentage,but I buy my tofu at the Japanese market,although ,with radiation issues,this too might become a problem .

If it's not one thing,its another.

Many companies are becoming aware of consumer concerns.I was never so happy as when Heinz ketchup took high fructose corn syrup out of their formula.

I use raw milk,raw sugar,and xylitol as a sweetner.

Im looking into camels milk,but it's hard to find fresh,and its very expensive.

Im not vegan,but I have concerns about animals too.

Its so hard to just eat anymore.

Either its bad for you,or some poor animal died a horrible death to feed you .......its depressing.

"Cancer caused by modern man as it was virtually non-existent in ancient world"

and

""But in ancient times, it was extremely rare. There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.

Cancer appears to be a modern disease created by modern life."

linky: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8064554/Cancer-caused-by-modern-man-as-it-was-virtually-non-existent-in-ancient-world.html

Animals in the wild,rarely get cancer,but house pets,exposed to our food and chemicals,get cancers all the time.I believe a very high incidence of canine cancer is due to their living with us.

Most store bought animal food is filled with crap as well.Cats get FIP and CRF due to a host of iatrogenic factors.

My cats get no corn fillers,herbal tonics for immunity,and my bunnies eat only organic food.

Ask me what my pet food bill is a month.

Kill me.

Edited by missymoo999

And most nutritionists would agree.

Our parents had a healthier diet .

I believe anything cooked at very high temperatures has toxic results though.I read something about McDonald's French fries.I forget the details now though.I have heard things about burnt foods,like charred meats,but I dont know enough about it to comment.

I eat only true organic now.No sweetners,nothing with high fructose corn syrup,nothing with corn.I will not touch a corn product,including fillers,for myself of my animals.

98% of all corn and soy,in the USA,is gmo.Regardless of whether or not it was grown organically.The seed is gmo.

Soy might be a lower percentage,but I buy my tofu at the Japanese market,although ,with radiation issues,this too might become a problem .

If it's not one thing,its another.

Many companies are becoming aware of consumer concerns.I was never so happy as when Heinz ketchup took high fructose corn syrup out of their formula.

I use raw milk,raw sugar,and xylitol as a sweetner.

Im looking into camels milk,but it's hard to find fresh,and its very expensive.

Im not vegan,but I have concerns about animals too.

Its so hard to just eat anymore.

Either its bad for you,or some poor animal died a horrible death to feed you .......its depressing.

I agree with lots you say, Ive become ever more food aware over the years, even getting into seashore and forest foraging, which i LOVE to do, to get stuff as natural as poss, and free of course

Being fortunate to have started my work career as a chef, I also love to cook, and dont feel any reason for pre-packed convenience foods when fresh is always better and you know whats in it

Granted some cant cook, but then its time to LEARN! Its not hard!!!

Its even cheaper to buy/grow prepare your own food than it is to buy......

Of course.. just changing eating habits, in THIS day and age doesnt mean we can undo the damage we may have already inflicted, but it certainly wont make matters worse for ourselves..

Not if you lived in Japan.

There's a reason they all lived to be 100.TB and schistosomaiasis aside,until smoking and modern fatty fare was introduced to Japan,they ate very healthy .

That's the reason even today,they have such low cardiac,htn,stroke,and cancer stats.

They get it,but not like westerners .

After the bombing of Hiroshima,it was discovered that people who ate huge amounts of miso soup,had the lowest instances of bomb disease.

They feel the soy and seaweed protected them .

I know people who eat the shojin ryori diet,and they swear by it.

I agree with lots you say, Ive become ever more food aware over the years, even getting into seashore and forest foraging, which i LOVE to do, to get stuff as natural as poss, and free of course

Being fortunate to have started my work career as a chef, I also love to cook, and dont feel any reason for pre-packed convenience foods when fresh is always better and you know whats in it

Granted some cant cook, but then its time to LEARN! Its not hard!!!

Its even cheaper to buy/grow prepare your own food than it is to buy......

Of course.. just changing eating habits, in THIS day and age doesnt mean we can undo the damage we may have already inflicted, but it certainly wont make matters worse for ourselves..

if you want to be healthy,you have to cook.

I try to eat fish mostly .I have cut out most meats,because of the animal concerns mostly.

I cannot see the cow faces,and eat beef....it makes me cry now.

However,because of years of eating crap,I have leaky gut syndrome ,I am sure.Ive become allergic to shellfish in the last 6 years,after eating it my whole life.

So all I can eat are actual fish,and I keep fish.Fresh and salt tanks...and I am having a hard time with eating fish because of this as well.

Our tuna population is being fished to the point of extinction,while other animals also die because of this ,so I stopped eating canned tuna and sushi....

I buy wild flounder and tilapia,but again,I see the little fish faces .I literally have to mentally disassociate from what I am eating,or I get upset.

*sags*

:(

And I live in NYC.Its impossible to forage ...that sounds amazing

if you want to be healthy,you have to cook.

I try to eat fish mostly .I have cut out most meats,because of the animal concerns mostly.

I cannot see the cow faces,and eat beef....it makes me cry now.

However,because of years of eating crap,I have leaky gut syndrome ,I am sure.Ive become allergic to shellfish in the last 6 years,after eating it my whole life.

So all I can eat are actual fish,and I keep fish.Fresh and salt tanks...and I am having a hard time with eating fish because of this as well.

Our tuna population is being fished to the point of extinction,while other animals also die because of this ,so I stopped eating canned tuna and sushi....

I buy wild flounder and tilapia,but again,I see the little fish faces .I literally have to mentally disassociate from what I am eating,or I get upset.

*sags*

:(

And I live in NYC.Its impossible to forage ...that sounds amazing

you might like this approach:

you might like this approach:

Ooowwww !

I have to look into this.I have a shed in my backyard,going to waste .

Ooowwww !

I have to look into this.I have a shed in my backyard,going to waste .

Imagine if MANY did it, sod the corporations and their foods... yeh but land is needed, not much tho for one man or woman or even 2, so its entirely feasible in a shed

some more info

http://wakeup-world.com/2011/07/14/how-1-million-pounds-of-organic-food-can-be-produced-on-3-acres/

and

http://www.growingpower.org/

Edited by bouncer

Imagine if MANY did it, sod the corporations and their foods... yeh but land is needed, not much tho for one man or woman or even 2, so its entirely feasible in a shed

some more info

http://wakeup-world.com/2011/07/14/how-1-million-pounds-of-organic-food-can-be-produced-on-3-acres/

and

http://www.growingpower.org/

Some us cities are making organic vegg gardens on unused lands,like huge islands off highways,ans rooftop gardens.Not NYC.i call our mayor Our Fuhrer.Hes a horrid dictator,bent on ruining the city .

I dont plant in my backyard,as most of the ground is very hard and not fertile.

I have a couple of fig trees that do well ,as I fertilize and compost them,but shallowed ground,hard to plant. I gave up .I planted a grape vine,and it grows,but the grapes are not good.The ground ...again. Maybe I can do something in the shed.

Its about 200sq feet .

Hmmm.....thinking now.

the chemical in question is used for COLOUR?!?!?! They risked their consumers lives so their product looked the way they wanted?! Thats sad. Also it makes me wonder what natural coloring coke would look like :blink:

the chemical in question is used for COLOUR?!?!?! They risked their consumers lives so their product looked the way they wanted?! Thats sad. Also it makes me wonder what natural coloring coke would look like :blink:

Drinking caramel color is no worse than eating barbeque.

This is not new in this country.

I'd have to look up the details now,but Red Dye Number 5,was of a huge concern in the 70s.

Some dyes have all kinds of side affects apparently .

But this dye made the news back in the 70s.

It was in all kinds of candies,sodas.

It was a big deal when it was announced,that because of various concerns,red dye #5,would be discontinued .

Our dyes are not natural ,for the most part.

Oh god,someone wrote a song about it ...

http://www.enter.net/~torve/songs/reddye.html

Its been off the market for so long,hard to find info,but there appear to be concerns about red dye #40,and yellow dye #5.

I can tell you,I once ate 1/4th of a jar of maraschino cherries.I was probably about 6.Loved em,and I had a massive allergic reaction ....when I had no known allergies.

Red dye #5.

It isn't even on the discontinued dye list,and I know it was red dye #5.

Hmmm.....no info ....how odd.

OK,a responder here mentions it.I mean it's like it never existed,but other people obviously remember.

The posters name is "former29weekermom".

This thread is a very interesting read about the drug singulair actually.

Not a drug I would recommend,after reading this.

http://www.medications.com/singulair/21572

Oh god,someone wrote a song about it ...

http://www.enter.net/~torve/songs/reddye.html

Its been off the market for so long,hard to find info,but there appear to be concerns about red dye #40,and yellow dye #5.

I can tell you,I once ate 1/4th of a jar of maraschino cherries.I was probably about 6.Loved em,and I had a massive allergic reaction ....when I had no known allergies.

Red dye #5.

It isn't even on the discontinued dye list,and I know it was red dye #5.

Hmmm.....no info ....how odd.

OK,a responder here mentions it.I mean it's like it never existed,but other people obviously remember.

The posters name is "former29weekermom".

This thread is a very interesting read about the drug singulair actually.

Not a drug I would recommend,after reading this.

http://www.medications.com/singulair/21572

remember the chocolates called Smarties? (or is that just a UK thing)? Took them ages to make a safe blue one to eat...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/feb/11/fooddrinks

But apart from the appeal to kids, why color anything? I wonder...

An interesting turn of events. :yes:

Kinda reminds me of the way Coca Cola removed cocaine from its formula way back in 1912.

As for me, I prefer Pepsi.