Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian Underground Tunnels

DKO

Hey was just wondering if anyone has any information of some of the underground tunnels in Australia? I know about Sydneys abandoned tunnels under St. James and Darwins underground weapons storehouse. Just trying to figure out how many are actually known.

There has always been rumours of old WW2 weapons storage tunnels in the hills near Perth but no real proof.

I just find it interesting and would love to check some of these out one day.

Anyway heres some videos:

And a link to a website that has the names of a lot of the bunkers but no real information :wacko:

OZatWar

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DKO

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• xCrimsonx

• cluey

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know there are cells under the Crown Court in Brisbane, boarded and blocked up preventing al access.

I do know there are cells under the Crown Court in Brisbane, boarded and blocked up preventing al access.

there are probably many all over the country!!!!...............................you really think they want the public to know this????????

Edited by cluey

The cells I'm referring to are a hundred odd years old and were used to hold people who were up before the magistrates nothing sinister cluey.

On rottnest island just of the coast from Perth they have old military tunnels from ww2, you can go on a tour through them. But the ones under Sydney just look really interesting, maybe the fact that they are off limits to the public makes them more appealing.

I was reading on a website that there are a few scattered across Victorias countryside, all blocked off by steel doors that are extremely hard to find apparently. Im trying to find the link to the website but the tablet im using doesnt keep the history recorded for longer than a week. :wacko:

LOL, Thinking I've just about had enough of my iPad, Tis bodgy as! wacko.gifI've been in Darwin for 8 months now and still haven't checked the War Tunnels out yet. They say there's a grate in the ground somewhere in the city that when you look up out of the tunnel people and cars cruise by! blink.gif

I bet the tunnels in Sydney are well spooky!

Here's a couple more videos:

Fort Scratchley in Newcastle has underground bunkers as well. The entire fort had a massive restoration recently.

LINK

Those videos are quite neat. I was surprised how extensive the system appears to be, not quite an equal to Paris, yet much larger than I would have thought.

Edited by psyche101

Those videos are quite neat. I was surprised how extensive the system appears to be, not quite an equal to Paris, yet much larger than I would have thought.

Yeah me too, when I first heard about them I thought it would be just some old stormwater drains or something. Also how a lot of them arent on any plans, could be heaps more out there.

also tunnels under old freo prison. you can do a tour of those, in a dinghy ;)

there are a few more so out in the 'country' where the bunkers were used for ammunition depots