Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soldier held in Afghan rampage

OverSword

So when all of our brave men and women went to Europe and the South Pacific to fight the Nazis and Japanese Imperial army it was interceding. France, Germany, Phillipines, etc, etc did not like or want our help? You sir want the freedom and the thanklessness you give those of us whom gave blood and lives for freedoms. I am highly offended by your statements. I hope you can, which I serious doubt you would have the courage, defend yourself when it comes time. Good day. That is all I have to say.

What you're not getting Robbie333, is that the people we went over to fight were poor and middle class people duped by the rich and the powerful people of thier own countries into invading. You assume it's just the rich and the powerful of the USA I'm talking about when I'm refrering to the rich and the powerful and the poor and the duped on both sides. But if you believe that war is good noble and necessary........have at brother.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• OverSword

• Robbie333

• Knight Of Shadows

What you're not getting Robbie333, is that the people we went over to fight were poor and middle class people duped by the rich and the powerful people of thier own countries into invading. You assume it's just the rich and the powerful of the USA I'm talking about when I'm refrering to the rich and the powerful and the poor and the duped on both sides. But if you believe that war is good noble and necessary........have at brother.

Okay, I am taking a deep breath. I do not believe that war is good and knoble. I hate war and fighting and I am a retired soldier. Sometimes war is a fact of life that has to be done to protect our freedoms as well as protect those whom cannot protect themselves. For a man or woman to fight for these causes is where knoble comes in.

Okay, I am taking a deep breath. I do not believe that war is good and knoble. I hate war and fighting and I am a retired soldier. Sometimes war is a fact of life that has to be done to protect our freedoms as well as protect those whom cannot protect themselves. For a man or woman to fight for these causes is where knoble comes in.

Robbie, I apologize for any disrespect you interpreted in my posts on this thread. In principal I agree with you that sometime a war may be necessary. The reasons why I don't believe that our presence in the middle east is no longer warranted for the reasons stated by our government are many and varied, and really just too long and involved to get into in depth in this forum.

Robbie, I apologize for any disrespect you interpreted in my posts on this thread. In principal I agree with you that sometime a war may be necessary. The reasons why I don't believe that our presence in the middle east is no longer warranted for the reasons stated by our government are many and varied, and really just too long and involved to get into in depth in this forum.

To make a long story short, yes, its time to come home. We will never change anything in Afghanistan. I felt we should never have gone in at all. I fought many firefights in a country we were not in and it never changed a damn thing. Get rid of the labs and kill all involved and two weeks later another lab crops up. Sometimes it is pointless. Either go in full force and take care of business or stay home is my motto. I hate to admit this but we have bigger problems than Afghanistan on the horizon and we should be preparing for this. I think the power struggle has just begun. Have a good dayl.

To make a long story short, yes, its time to come home. We will never change anything in Afghanistan. I felt we should never have gone in at all. I fought many firefights in a country we were not in and it never changed a damn thing. Get rid of the labs and kill all involved and two weeks later another lab crops up. Sometimes it is pointless. Either go in full force and take care of business or stay home is my motto. I hate to admit this but we have bigger problems than Afghanistan on the horizon and we should be preparing for this. I think the power struggle has just begun. Have a good dayl.

Same to you brother.

As long as we are anywhere in the middle east fighting terrorist, there will be an bottomless pit of terrorist.

We need to bring everyone home, and leave the middle east alone.

As long as we are anywhere in the middle east fighting terrorist, there will be an bottomless pit of terrorist.

We need to bring everyone home, and leave the middle east alone.

I can think of a few other country's not worth fighting in. I cannot list them but you are right. They have an endless supply of non working poor people whom get paid to fight and the manpower is endless. Places like these are the ones I say go in fully ready to devastate the place and move the power around or stay home. Hmmm, most of the "Stans" and freaking Columbia. I hate that freakin place. Opp's did I say that, LOL

Please tell me, who's freedom are the soldiers in Afghanistan protecting. I'm not afraid of them but apparently they have good reason to be afraid of us. Please, let's get the USA out of Afghanistan...NOW!

article

qute from article: Stalking from home to home, an Army sergeant from Joint Base Lewis-McChord methodically killed at least 16 civilians — nine of them children — in a rural stretch of southern Afghanistan early Sunday, according to Afghan and U.S. officials, igniting fears of a new wave of anti-American hostility.

This is what can happen when you train people to kill. Mothers, don't let your sons grow up to be cowboys, or soldiers.

I've seen a news report that says the solider in question has been blown up 3 times. During one of them he received serious injuries to one if his legs but the army hospital repaired it for him. Following the deaths of 6 British soliders his actions really dont surprise me. You cant subject people to the horrors of war and not expect it to have a mental impact on them or for some to retaliate.

Hearts and Minds campaigns dont work when the enemy is totally opposed to your social values, ideology and form of Government. What is really sick is the portrayal of Afgan women as wanting western freedoms when they dont. They have strong muslim values and are happy to take their place in society as the Koran dictates.

We will fail in Afganistan because their people dont want us there and when we leave the Taliban will walk straight back into power. I suspect 95% of Afgans are pro-Taliban, are helping the Taliban or are related to someone that is. I also suspect the solider thats snapped knows that and has gone to have some revenge.

This soldier just did what american soldiers have been doing for years :innocent:

his only mistake was he got caught.

Edited by .AKUMA.

This soldier just did what american soldiers have been doing for years :innocent:

I resent your implication that US forces are child murderers. I'm talking specifically about other incidents that could be equated to this horror. There is no evidence for what you are saying. Maybe you are referring to the helicopter gun down of Wikileaks fame? That was NOTHING like this mess. It's easy to casually toss out an insult like that but doing it causes you to lose credibility as a reasonable person.

Seems like the soldier in question has a questionable past. He was charged with fraud over a milion dolars, assault, drug possesion....all this before he enlisted.......to save him self from the law.

Must be a teenager.

he should be brought down to afghan court of law to receive the punishment of " painful death "

that what he deserve

and it's not the first there's already abu graib prison in iraq and many other events

that some try to hide it behind " individal accidents "

and blaming it in on pressure .. yeah if i was under pressure am ok to kill people .. nice point

i got simple question ..how come a person bombing him self in market is terrorism .. but when a us solider kills children and civilians is not ?

he should be brought down to afghan court of law to receive the punishment of " painful death "

that what he deserve

and it's not the first there's already abu graib prison in iraq and many other events

that some try to hide it behind " individal accidents "

and blaming it in on pressure .. yeah if i was under pressure am ok to kill people .. nice point

i got simple question ..how come a person bombing him self in market is terrorism .. but when a us solider kills children and civilians is not ?

He's being tried in a US court because he wears our uniform and if we turned him over to Muslims he would only get "painful death" NOT justice. If he did this crime then he IS a terrorist. You people slaughter your own for having different beliefs and that is an abomination in a civilzed world. He will never see freedom again and that is the worst thing that can happen to a man who was born and lived that way for a lifetime. But you wouldn't know about such things...just ways to bring.."painful death" Begone foul dwimmerlaik! Lord of carrion!TOLKIEN

well excuse me for not having pity or compassion for murderers regardless of their nationality " i hope you get my hint "

he commited the murders on afghan soil .. against afghan people therfore he should be judged according to these people law

and yeah prison for life is not enough in my opinion and it's not " justice " its mockery of justice

but then again .. it's the usa army i guess they have free premission to kill you never wonder why it happened many times before ?

in every country the usa lay fingers on such things happens .. i'll tell you

coz they bring a twisted sick soliders to kill people on their own country in their own houses

so yeah .. i have no compassion for him i hope he meet death sentence .. unless you think he doesn't deserve it because " muslims " or as you say

" we people " have less valuable life than other people

you know usa goverment sounds like some one famous i know who claims to protect people while killing them

well excuse me for not having pity or compassion for murderers regardless of their nationality " i hope you get my hint "

he commited the murders on afghan soil .. against afghan people therfore he should be judged according to these people law

and yeah prison for life is not enough in my opinion and it's not " justice " its mockery of justice

but then again .. it's the usa army i guess they have free premission to kill you never wonder why it happened many times before ?

in every country the usa lay fingers on such things happens .. i'll tell you

coz they bring a twisted sick soliders to kill people on their own country in their own houses

so yeah .. i have no compassion for him i hope he meet death sentence .. unless you think he doesn't deserve it because " muslims " or as you say

" we people " have less valuable life than other people

you know usa goverment sounds like some one famous i know who claims to protect people while killing them

And we agree on that KoS. If the man murdered babies and other defenseless people then he should be executed - for murdering , NOT for just being a soldier who is in Afghanistan. The difference is that in the US he will get a trial and won't be tortured or murdered before he's found guilty. I make no excuses for these acts. Can you say the same for the actions of the Taliban? They kill soldiers and civilians alike with no remorse because of their religion(so they say)or hatred. Kind of like the "army" in your country.

i never said he should die because he's a us solider i said he should coz of the crimes he committed

as for taliban when they kill soliders they believe as invading enemy or their country i'd have to agree with them that's called war

but as for civilians their death is inexcusable under any situation and by any group or country

Different circumstances. Chances are, a person who blows themselves up in a market did so expressly for the purpose of killing civilians in order to create terror and fear amongst civilians. Somehow, I don't think this is similar since this is more like a spur of the moment thing. Most massacres of this type are. The US had exactly the same problems in Vietnam simply because the local populace was very difficult to work with due to either sympathisers or people who fear reprisals from the enemy. The way the Viet Cong blended into the civilian populace is exactly the same how the Talbian have blended into the civilian populace and as a result, it is extremely difficult to tell friend from foe, or even non-combatant from foe.

lol @ the "you people" comment..... more ignorance from our self described 'christian-zionist' member... the collectivist statistician mindset.

lol @ the "you people" comment..... more ignorance from our self described 'christian-zionist' member... the collectivist statistician mindset.

The comment: "You people slaughter your own for having different beliefs and that is an abomination in a civilzed world"

What exactly is ignorant about that statement? Inflammatory, possibly. But ignorant? I think most people who had been taking part in this discussion would immediately recognize that I was speaking of Muslims in the middle east. You know....Sunni, Shia, Salafi...

If you're going to take a shot, guy, at least do it with some flair and accuracy. There's plenty enough to insult me on without being mindless and weak in the effort. :lol:

The comment: "You people slaughter your own for having different beliefs and that is an abomination in a civilzed world"

What exactly is ignorant about that statement? Inflammatory, possibly. But ignorant? I think most people who had been taking part in this discussion would immediately recognize that I was speaking of Muslims in the middle east. You know....Sunni, Shia, Salafi...

If you're going to take a shot, guy, at least do it with some flair and accuracy. There's plenty enough to insult me on without being mindless and weak in the effort. :lol:

You people have funny way to portrait every other "you people" in the darkest way. You people still kill each other if you are catholic or protestant. You people have caused so much pain to others that is hard to beat. Everyone else is bad but you are the lamb of god. Bull...........

We all are bad or good. There is no such thing as you people ment in any other way then to be ignorant. Some muslims kill, some christians kill. We are still all very primitive and subjective.

You people have funny way to portrait every other "you people" in the darkest way. You people still kill each other if you are catholic or protestant. You people have caused so much pain to others that is hard to beat. Everyone else is bad but you are the lamb of god. Bull...........

We all are bad or good. There is no such thing as you people ment in any other way then to be ignorant. Some muslims kill, some christians kill. We are still all very primitive and subjective.

My statement stands because it's what I believe sincerely. If you disagree then that is your opinion and you're welcome to it. It's only an opinion, just as mine is only an opinion.

Peace