Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New course offers how to tackle a zombie

Still Waters

What would you do in the event of a zombie apocalypse? Have you ever wondered how you would navigate a band of lone survivors in an earth populated by six billion flesh-eating creatures ravenous for your squishy brains?

For those who have not fully considered these quandaries, a group in Portland, Oregon is offering an intensive two-day curriculum to prepare the unprepared.

Viewers of the recent slew of zombie films, such as Dawn Of The Dead, Curse Of The Zombie and Shaun Of The Dead might of course think they already know of course (you use a cricket bat, right?).

But for the rest of us help is at hand. Phew!

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• aquatus1

• Zamor

• I Am Not Resisting

only in america :rolleyes:

This is actually very clever marketing. I personally have only a mild interest in survival training, but if it involves a weekend with zombies, I would pay for that.

Don't know if it's because I'm older and have no kids to fill me in, so could someone please explain to me what this Zombie obsession is all about. Seems it's everywhere nowdays. Where does it come from, what has triggered it?

Zam

FFS - only in America!!!!

How to avoid zombies = EAT LESS, RUN FASTER, ya fat yankee tards

Don't know if it's because I'm older and have no kids to fill me in, so could someone please explain to me what this Zombie obsession is all about. Seems it's everywhere nowdays. Where does it come from, what has triggered it? Zam - Zamor

Zombies have always been a religious threat by prophecy

At last... been waiting for a long time for a course like this. This is gonna look great on my CV. First job application will be to GhostBusters.

Don't know if it's because I'm older and have no kids to fill me in, so could someone please explain to me what this Zombie obsession is all about. Seems it's everywhere nowdays. Where does it come from, what has triggered it? Zam - Zamor

It's just that it has been hyped in films and games like never before lately, but since you mention this about prophecy I can see that this "end of the world" talk going around last years can trigger this "zombie outbreak".

Zam

Darn tooten I sure want to go there!

The "interwebs" are controlled by fat teenage boys with no girlfriend. That's where it came from.

I've already got a masters degree in Zombie Survival.

;-)

Take out the word "zombie" and insert any other catastrophic scenario: pandemic, nuclear blast, no fuel, no food or water, etc. The point is that you need to understand how to survive, at least in the short term. I think it sounds like a great course for people who are too domesticated to understand that should TSHTF they can't simply sit idly by and wait for someone to rescue them. The tragedy that was Katrina illustrates this clearly.

What would a employer say if this was listed on the C.V? lol.

Take out the word "zombie" and insert any other catastrophic scenario: pandemic, nuclear blast, no fuel, no food or water, etc. The point is that you need to understand how to survive, at least in the short term. I think it sounds like a great course for people who are too domesticated to understand that should TSHTF they can't simply sit idly by and wait for someone to rescue them. The tragedy that was Katrina illustrates this clearly.

exactly. i think the course is great and a lot of the young people (including myself) would probably be screwed if anything like that ever happened in our area. everybody relies too much on their government or military to provide and protect them and that weakens us as individuals. so i think it is a good idea. the zombie thing is probably just to lure people in.

Edited by Xanthurion2

Because 2 days is enough to teach you stealth, throwing hatches, shooting bows, using swords effectively, making proper fire, finding clean water and in general survive a huge zombie wave...sure.

Courses like this are run every other weekend in England at a place called Elland Road....plus they throw in a football match too....:innocent:

I love it when people take any article about zombies seriously,Get over the fact that these sci-fi monsters will never see the light of day.