Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good Poltergeist or Bad

BLONDIEDIVA

HI Everyone.

I am new to this site. The past month has been crazy for me. It seems like a roller coaster. I have periods of smooth sailing and great luck , then all of a sudden the earth seemed to open up. It is during this period that everything I touch has gone missing. I have lost so much stuff it is crazy. I hear my name called, and so do other people in my home. I put things down turn around and they are gone. I smell perfume just like a woman passed by me. The lights blink at times and just two days ago the smell of natural gas filled my wash room. I called, had someone come right out and it was gone. My furnace is working great. I am going to burn a black candle, burn sage, and put salt around. I am also going to ask for my stuff back.

Can a poltergeist be good? Is this a good omen?

Thanks for the insight in advance

• Like 1

I don't know, but can a poltergeist make upper case letters turn into lower case letters, as happened in the title of your thread? B)

5g. Shouting: Do not write in all uppercase letters, writing in this manner is considered "shouting". UM poltergeist authority

Courtesy of friendly UM poltergeist, and welcome to the UM forum boards,:tu:

Karlis

This is not good at all. You have a Djinn problem.

• Like 1

What's one of those ?

What exactly has gone missing? Specific items?

There are good and bad Djinn...if that is what it is. Need more details

You determined that from one short post?

Well, overall, you have to look at the end result. If something is disruptive, destructive or stressful, with no obvious beneficial result, it could be seen to be "bad", or negative. You should, however, temper your judgment with an honest look at your own emotions and habits and state of mind.

You say things have been crazy lately - if you are referring to other things in your life *besides* whatever is going on with things disappearing, then you have to admit at least some of your "disappearing" items are simply misplaced. If you have animals or a good number of people in your home regularly, you have to consider the possibility that the items have been moved by all too mundane "forces", for whatever reason.

I'm not qualified to comment on the idea of a djinn, on the statement's own level of apparent context or belief system, but very few others (possibly no other people, in reality) are either, as with any paranormal explanation, so do keep that in mind also, and naturally your own belief systems will have to be your guide on these sorts of questions. Do also acknowledge that even our experts in many fields, are not experts in others, and most of us who are experts in essentially no fields, are rarely able to identify or explain many things that may appear mind-boggling, but which for others, are well-known natural occurrences, either of the outside world, or the human condition.

If you're familiar with the less spiritual and more pragmatic (sort of) idea of poltergeists, you may be aware of the hypothesis of poltergeists being what has been termed Recurrent Spontaneous Psychokinesis, or RSPK, which is basically someone's errant psi manifestations "leaking" out without their intent - not an entity at all, just a malfunction, though one that can sometimes seem to function like an erratically programmed robot. We can only take at face value your guess as to the nature of the phenomenon (if any) you're experiencing, but a poltergeist of the more scientific variety could be in keeping with your descriptions, but I would urge you to do a little more work on your side as a service to yourself.

To help put and keep things in perspective, when anything unusual happens, and though it is less important now that it is past, recall what you can of your previous experiences lately, and write down as many of the details as you can remember, and keep that "logbook" somewhere CONSISTENTLY - always in the drawer next to the fridge, etc. Make sure you make this book or tablet something you deliberately keep good track of, and don't just lay down idly. This will allow you to go over your own situation and look at the depth and nature of exactly what is going on, and if you can see any patterns or other helpful information that may appear as you're able to get a "big picture" view of what seems like a chaotic jumble right now. Being able to put everything down in one spot and take stock of really does wonders, even if it is only to document the events, if you feel you need to give an in-depth account to others who are willing to also examine your claims.

• Like 1

Well, overall, you have to look at the end result. If something is disruptive, destructive or stressful, with no obvious beneficial result, it could be seen to be "bad", or negative. You should, however, temper your judgment with an honest look at your own emotions and habits and state of mind.

You say things have been crazy lately - if you are referring to other things in your life *besides* whatever is going on with things disappearing, then you have to admit at least some of your "disappearing" items are simply misplaced. If you have animals or a good number of people in your home regularly, you have to consider the possibility that the items have been moved by all too mundane "forces", for whatever reason.

I'm not qualified to comment on the idea of a djinn, on the statement's own level of apparent context or belief system, but very few others (possibly no other people, in reality) are either, as with any paranormal explanation, so do keep that in mind also, and naturally your own belief systems will have to be your guide on these sorts of questions. Do also acknowledge that even our experts in many fields, are not experts in others, and most of us who are experts in essentially no fields, are rarely able to identify or explain many things that may appear mind-boggling, but which for others, are well-known natural occurrences, either of the outside world, or the human condition.

If you're familiar with the less spiritual and more pragmatic (sort of) idea of poltergeists, you may be aware of the hypothesis of poltergeists being what has been termed Recurrent Spontaneous Psychokinesis, or RSPK, which is basically someone's errant psi manifestations "leaking" out without their intent - not an entity at all, just a malfunction, though one that can sometimes seem to function like an erratically programmed robot. We can only take at face value your guess as to the nature of the phenomenon (if any) you're experiencing, but a poltergeist of the more scientific variety could be in keeping with your descriptions, but I would urge you to do a little more work on your side as a service to yourself.

To help put and keep things in perspective, when anything unusual happens, and though it is less important now that it is past, recall what you can of your previous experiences lately, and write down as many of the details as you can remember, and keep that "logbook" somewhere CONSISTENTLY - always in the drawer next to the fridge, etc. Make sure you make this book or tablet something you deliberately keep good track of, and don't just lay down idly. This will allow you to go over your own situation and look at the depth and nature of exactly what is going on, and if you can see any patterns or other helpful information that may appear as you're able to get a "big picture" view of what seems like a chaotic jumble right now. Being able to put everything down in one spot and take stock of really does wonders, even if it is only to document the events, if you feel you need to give an in-depth account to others who are willing to also examine your claims.

:clap:

:tsu:

:nw:

Perfection again Paranorm....

There are good and bad Djinn, that is true. However, only the 'bad' ones show themselves and get involved with our lives. As far as poltergeists being 'PSI leaking out', I disagree. I have witnessed 3 poltergeists and I can safely say that it was some other force than myself doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You all. I did take note of what I was doing and where I was. I know what is missing. My life was crazy, because that is what happens when things go missing or strange things happen. I do need to add some new developments. My mother saw what she taught was my son walk by, but he was with me and no one was home except her. I did burn sage around the house, and burned a black candle. It seems to have helped. Last night at about 3am my son and i heard something fall in the house. My dogs could not find it and neither could I . My dogs will bark at my bedroom door at times, but no real growling just the same bark when someone rings the door bell. I did demand that only positives things be allowed to enter and stay in my house. I HOPE this keeps working.

You may also want to set up some video surveillance in your home. For some reason that tends to make paranormal activity go away. And if it doesn't then you will have some evidence to bring back to show us. good luck!

You may also want to set up some video surveillance in your home. For some reason that tends to make paranormal activity go away. And if it doesn't then you will have some evidence to bring back to show us. good luck!

:tu::) Agreed.

Definition of a Poltergeist as taken from my site. - A ghost, demon or spirit responsible for unexplained noises, often mischievous and sometimes malevolent. So yes, it's very possible. Hopefully it's just mischievous and means no real harm to you or your family.

Success! Video killed the poltergeist star!

I lose stuff all the time but I know it's just because I'm absent minded and only half way pay attention to what I'm doing most the time.

Poltergeist!

I burn a wax candle thingy but I only use sage in squash casserole.

Thank God I'm safe.

shocked.gif

HI Everyone.

I am new to this site. The past month has been crazy for me. It seems like a roller coaster. I have periods of smooth sailing and great luck , then all of a sudden the earth seemed to open up. It is during this period that everything I touch has gone missing. I have lost so much stuff it is crazy. I hear my name called, and so do other people in my home. I put things down turn around and they are gone. I smell perfume just like a woman passed by me. The lights blink at times and just two days ago the smell of natural gas filled my wash room. I called, had someone come right out and it was gone. My furnace is working great. I am going to burn a black candle, burn sage, and put salt around. I am also going to ask for my stuff back.

You should never do things your self or try talking to it. What you need is for some one to bless the house go to church get some help.

You shouldn't do things your self and NEVER try talking to it. try getting some help to bless the house, get some help go your town church. Pray.

• 5 years later...
On 3/12/2012 at 11:16 PM, BLONDIEDIVA said:

HI Everyone.

Same thing happens . Liike periods of luck and bad luck. I  believe poltergeist can be good. I have one i manisfested from trauma before beta. (childhood trauma before 5 years. Before personality is set) i believe it was a part of my soul that split.also ive realized T.K. can empower this. like my poltergeist has protected me, i am not afraid ,unless i loose my temper. I call it The Monster. Cus then it gets out of my control for a while till i calm down. I have directed it to bother ,annoy someone and later get confirmation from the intended. Lol.  I witness objects fly off shelvs accross the kitchen . Hear widows open and see they have been unlocked. My husband has stuff happen as well lol .but seriously definaty it can be friendly.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2012 at 7:45 AM, BLONDIEDIVA said:

Thank You all. I did take note of what I was doing and where I was. I know what is missing. My life was crazy, because that is what happens when things go missing or strange things happen. I do need to add some new developments. My mother saw what she taught was my son walk by, but he was with me and no one was home except her. I did burn sage around the house, and burned a black candle. It seems to have helped. Last night at about 3am my son and i heard something fall in the house. My dogs could not find it and neither could I . My dogs will bark at my bedroom door at times, but no real growling just the same bark when someone rings the door bell. I did demand that only positives things be allowed to enter and stay in my house. I HOPE this keeps working.

Could you post a photo as an Avatar? It might help with divination.

On 3/12/2012 at 9:16 PM, BLONDIEDIVA said:

HI Everyone.

No. It means you're out of balance. 

The LBRP and Middle Pillar exercise can help. 

Edited by ChaosRose

On 3/14/2012 at 1:22 AM, Lucky7 said:

There are good and bad Djinn, that is true. However, only the 'bad' ones show themselves and get involved with our lives. As far as poltergeists being 'PSI leaking out', I disagree. I have witnessed 3 poltergeists and I can safely say that it was some other force than myself doing it.

If that was true, then people wouldn't be able to stop the phenomena by working on their own psyche.

You are incorrect. There are instances in which there is indeed something there. But it's the people who manage to manifest it, and they can choose to take back what they put out.

Edited by ChaosRose