Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So lets say its all true... NASA knows it all

Lightingbird

Lets say NASA (which is the US government) has confirmed there are structures on the moon, Mars, Roswell really happened, verified UFO's as alien, and have communicated to some extend with unearthly creatures. :alien:

Why would they keep it from us?

Now I'm being serious about this and coming at this from the left. My thought as always been to rule out every possibility fairly and logically before I believe in the unknown or even consider it. So I don't really believe in much of this stuff but will admit when something is odd or unique. Then I start to think, what if its all true but no one has told us.

So I was just wondering what kind of thoughts people would have in regards to this. Personally, I don't see why they would. Sure a quick but not thought out response might be that religious people would freak out. To me, most people who have strong roots in their beliefs would still have them. So I don't think they would freak out or that anarchy would ensue. I honestly feel that if they announced they found a ancient city on Mars, that it would a great story but nothing to make me change my life or nothing to make humanity fall apart.

So with that said, what do you think? Why would the government not tell us?

• Like 1

Lets say NASA (which is the US government) has confirmed there are structures on the moon, Mars, Roswell really happened, verified UFO's as alien, and have communicated to some extend with unearthly creatures. :alien:

Now I'm being serious about this and coming at this from the left. My thought as always been to rule out every possibility fairly and logically before I believe in the unknown or even consider it. So I don't really believe in much of this stuff but will admit when something is odd or unique. Then I start to think, what if its all true but no one has told us.

So I was just wondering what kind of thoughts people would have in regards to this. Personally, I don't see why they would. Sure a quick but not thought out response might be that religious people would freak out. To me, most people who have strong roots in their beliefs would still have them. So I don't think they would freak out or that anarchy would ensue. I honestly feel that if they announced they found a ancient city on Mars, that it would a great story but nothing to make me change my life or nothing to make humanity fall apart.

Nothing to tell? What secrets have they kept? Reagan mentioned aliens. Clinton was on TV with the meteorite that had a possible alien microbe worm in it...who kept the secret?

All mars rovers are sent with the kit to test for...life, and we are told about it.

And why will intelligent aliens, if they are real, want to deal with death mongering lying govts anyway? What powers have the govts got that will make an alien respect and kiss their @sses in the first place?

Aliens, if they want to contact someone on earth, will most likely choose people like the Dalai Lama or Kofi Annan. PEACEFUL leaders...

Edited by bouncer

And why will intelligent aliens, if they are real, want to deal with death mongering lying govts anyway? What powers have the govts got that will make an alien respect and kiss their @sses in the first place?

If I had to guess, I would say they come here perhaps for natural ressouces. It might be rare metals, precious gems or whatever they could use that they can't find anymore on their planet due to exploitation. Also they could use humans for biological research, genetic engeneering and what not.

On the other hand, maby governments help them in doing so in exchange of scientifical knowledge and technologies.

Think about what effect the disclosure of aliens, moon bases etc. could have on the population. I think it would be a real mega-mess. It would probably bring a lot of fear, paranoia and total chaos in multiple places. Could this be the signal that perhaps this strategy could be used as an ultimate attempt to implement a "new world order"? Project Blue Beam?

The more it's going, the more and more UFO's are beeing reported. Also, weirdly enough, I've seen an arcbishob (well, a high-ranked regious man) telling us that for christians (or catholics alone) it is ok to beleive in aliens. Wait, what?

Please note that everything I said is purely theorical. I'm not in anyway implying that anything there is necessarly true.

Edited by JayMark

Think about what effect the disclosure of aliens, moon bases etc. could have on the population. I think it would be a real mega-mess. It would probably bring a lot of fear, paranoia and total chaos in multiple places. Could this be the signal that perhaps this strategy could be used as an ultimate attempt to implement a "new world order"? Project Blue Beam?

I honestly don't think it would bring a lot of fear or chaos. Why would it? It would just be a great new discovery.

Despite what the conspiracists would have us believe, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep such a secret. You're talking a 70+ year old conspiracy that would involve tens of thousands of people, if not more. You just can't keep that many people quiet - even under penalty of death. Add to that, we now have organizations like Anonymous and Wikileaks out there actively stealing this stuff from some of the most secure organizations in the world.

Now if it were true, well then I think folks are pretty well conditioned to accept such information in today's world. A good percentage think it's true anyway. There would be some angst in some corners, but isn't there always?

I honestly don't think it would bring a lot of fear or chaos. Why would it? It would just be a great new discovery.

Well it depends on how it is announced and on people. If they claim, for an example, that we are facing an invasion or threat, this could bring chaos.

That's one example.

Despite what the conspiracists would have us believe, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep such a secret. You're talking a 70+ year old conspiracy that would involve tens of thousands of people, if not more. You just can't keep that many people quiet - even under penalty of death. Add to that, we now have organizations like Anonymous and Wikileaks out there actively stealing this stuff from some of the most secure organizations in the world.

Now if it were true, well then I think folks are pretty well conditioned to accept such information in today's world. A good percentage think it's true anyway. There would be some angst in some corners, but isn't there always?

Or perhaps that's what governments want. Doubt. Maby since they know it can't be kept secret they will simply have, or try to have people beleive it's just another "conspiracy theory" that makes no sense. Just like 9/11 for instance.

Just a theory...

When something is so much talked about, one of the best weapon is doubt. Same strategy used by oil/gas industry to make people beleive that there is nothing wrong with the environment, no global warming, no danger whatsoever etc.

Or perhaps that's what governments want. Doubt. Maby since they know it can't be kept secret they will simply have, or try to have people beleive it's just another "conspiracy theory" that makes no sense. Just like 9/11 for instance.

Just a theory...

When something is so much talked about, one of the best weapon is doubt. Same strategy used by oil/gas industry to make people beleive that there is nothing wrong with the environment, no global warming, no danger whatsoever etc.

But again that doesn't hold up for 70+ years where tens of thousands of people (maybe hundreds of thousands) are involved.

There have been enough people p***ed off at NASA - including many of the current crop who just left due to Obama gutting the agency - over the years that a secret of this magnitude would have been revealed.

But again that doesn't hold up for 70+ years where tens of thousands of people (maybe hundreds of thousands) are involved.

There have been enough people p***ed off at NASA - including many of the current crop who just left due to Obama gutting the agency - over the years that a secret of this magnitude would have been revealed.

Hummm, that is prety arguable. But I won't go now. And anyways, there is no real way of proving either of our claims.

Peace.

Never ceases to amaze why conspiracy theorists assume/presume that Earth governments are somehow totally in control of the agenda in their contact/communication with the massively superior alien races that are here to enslave you.

NASA IS EVIL!

Hummm, that is prety arguable. But I won't go now. And anyways, there is no real way of proving either of our claims.

Peace.

Correct - but one is certainly more rooted in reality than the other.

Correct - but one is certainly more rooted in reality than the other.

That's right.

But again, it could depend on you view about reality.

It really is a subjective thing but I would agree that the majority will stand by the more rational claim.

Whenever this reverses, I'll know something is quite wrong. :unsure2:

If I had to guess, I would say they come here perhaps for natural ressouces. It might be rare metals, precious gems or whatever they could use that they can't find anymore on their planet due to exploitation. Also they could use humans for biological research, genetic engeneering and what not.

On the other hand, maby governments help them in doing so in exchange of scientifical knowledge and technologies.

You not considering every reason behind the coming of aliens. I'm just saying, even having the government in charge of what objectives take us to explore outer space, though it is unlikely, it's most certainly possible that they come here just to find out MORE. Not necessarily in an agressive fashion. But I repeat, highly unlikely.

And Project Blue Beam is probably fake. It's story is almost identical to Harold Camping's predictions about the end of the world. Every time they thought the project would be implemented, it would be delayed, and everytime it was to be re-implemented, that time was "really" it. "Really". Then again, I didn't perform too much research in the topic.

That's right.

But again, it could depend on you view about reality.

It really is a subjective thing but I would agree that the majority will stand by the more rational claim.

Whenever this reverses, I'll know something is quite wrong. :unsure2:

However, I'm glad to know that you consider the possibility of the people looking rationally at this whole affair.

You not considering every reason behind the coming of aliens. I'm just saying, even having the government in charge of what objectives take us to explore outer space, though it is unlikely, it's most certainly possible that they come here just to find out MORE. Not necessarily in an agressive fashion. But I repeat, highly unlikely.

And Project Blue Beam is probably fake. It's story is almost identical to Harold Camping's predictions about the end of the world. Every time they thought the project would be implemented, it would be delayed, and everytime it was to be re-implemented, that time was "really" it. "Really". Then again, I didn't perform too much research in the topic.

However, I'm glad to know that you consider the possibility of the people looking rationally at this whole affair.

I never intended that any of what I said was truth. I would be glad you consider this please. ;)

As for the Project Blue Beam, I'm not saying it's true but I do not dismiss the possibility that such a thing is possible the idea simply beeing implenting more fear among poeple in order to control them even more. Has been done already and is still happening in many places.

Peace bro.

Edited by JayMark

This is a really neat topic. Really thought provoking. I've always heard that religions would crumble at news of extra terrestrial existence, but I don't know if I believe that. But regardless, I honestly don't know what the point of hiding anything would be other than what someone already mentioned of the gov'ts of the world letting them experiment on us in exchange for their secrecy. As far as could the secret be kept quiet for this long... Yes it could. The government compartmentalizes all their information. So people at NASA don't get to see what the CIA is doing. I mean it just doesn't work like that. Some of the lower level intelligence might be reversed if it is deemed needed. But you have to get clearance for all that. Anonymous is a joke IMHO. They DDOS people. And claim to have taken down the Sony network. The Israeli gov't fried the computers of a nuclear power station in Iran. Or so the newest word from Iran would have us believe. Anonymous will never get secret or top secret information from a US gov't installation. As far as wiki leaks.. Bradley Manning is a traitor. That's how wiki leaks got their information. Say what you will but that is not an opinion. During a time of war he willingly gave up information about his country to a foreign contact. Under the clauses of his security clearance and the UCMJ that is treason. Factual, not opinion.. ANYWAYS.. Don't start the flame ups.. I only illustrate that to show that it took someone on the inside to give up their freedom in exchange for information. And with new protections that were put in place since he did that.. nobody is getting ****.

SOoooo Long story short, yes a secret can be kept that long. The Governments of the world have file cabinets full of Top Secret paperwork that is just stored away and forgotten, and its so old it wouldn't be digital anyways so it's not like they can just go into a database and print it off.. It'll be locked up in a safe deep in the bowels of some TS location. Now if people actually still go about running around with ET's today.. I'm sure it would be very discreet. ANd not every member of the military is like Manning. Most of them serve because they love their country, and don't commit treason the first time someone makes fun of them for questioning their sexuality.

If the government has had contact with extraterrestrials and are reluctant to share, I can certainly understand why. I just think that if aliens do exist and they possess evidence in which they can confirm/release to the public, that people would flip out.

Also, I ponder whether or not the secrecy could be an effort to mind control vulnerable humans. In other words, "aliens don't exist, we have no evidence" converting to "you'll readily believe what we tell you and remain in the dark." And, to this, society responds with, "science says they have yet to discover evidence, so you're a conspiracy theorist."

:blink:

If I were in the business of mind control, I'd execute this idea pronto.

- T

Edited by Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005