Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

possible close encounter when I was younger

vincent vega

When I was 8 or 9 I was out in my backyard playing with my friends. We were all running around and stuff when suddenly everything around me just froze and I couldn't move. I wasn't scared or anything, it was just weird. As I was paralyzed, what looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics appeared in front of my eyes, and I heard a very strange sound, like a weird voice. It was almost like a gargling sound but there was a define flow to it. My first thought at the time was that it was an alien talking. All this seemed to take only 10 seconds, and after it was over, everything around me started moving again. I asked everyone if they saw what I saw, but they just thought I was kidding. I then told my mom and she said that it was my imagination.

What do you guys think? To this day I think about what happened from time to time.

Edited by vincent vega

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vincent vega

• minera

• Septentrion

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 8 or 9 I was out in my backyard playing with my friends. We were all running around and stuff when suddenly everything around me just froze and I couldn't move. I wasn't scared or anything, it was just weird. As I was paralyzed, what looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics appeared in front of my eyes, and I heard a very strange sound, like a weird voice. My first thought at the time was that it was an alien talking. All this seemed to take only 10 seconds, and after it was over, everything around me started moving again. I asked everyone if they saw what I saw, but they just thought I was kidding. I then told my mom and she said that it was my imagination.

What do you guys think? To this day I think about what happened from time to time.

Do you have any memories of what the hieroglyphics looked like? The mind is a very weird thing and we still do not understand fully how it actually works. Was this the only time you had this happened?

Do you have any memories of what the hieroglyphics looked like? The mind is a very weird thing and we still do not understand fully how it actually works. Was this the only time you had this happened?

I just remember that they were yellow/gold (like the ones you would normally see), and that they had shapes, although I can't remember the specifics. This is the only thing that has happened to me.

The reason I brought this up was because I was reading "close encounters" on wikipedia, and it said that the 2nd kind ones sometimes involve paralysis.

Your operating system crashed and had to reboot :P But in all seriousness, by any chance did these glyphs look almost holographic? And did they scroll down before your eyes almost like the text in the Matrix code?

Your operating system crashed and had to reboot :P But in all seriousness, by any chance did these glyphs look almost holographic? And did they scroll down before your eyes almost like the text in the Matrix code?

Yeah that's what it looked like. It scrolled from left to right though, not top down.