Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist Investigator Interview

EnglishStudent526

Hi there. I am working on poltergeists as my topic for my English class. One of the requirements is an interview. So, I need some questions to be answered.

1.) How long do poltergeist interactions usually last?

2.) What are the possible ways to get rid of a poltergeist?

3.) What are the theories behind poltergeists(how they came into being)?

This is it for now, but I may have more questions later

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EnglishStudent526

• orangepeaceful79

• Sakari

• Regency

Hi there. I am working on poltergeists as my topic for my English class. One of the requirements is an interview. So, I need some questions to be answered.

Here is a question you might want to also consider. "is there Any objective actual evidence for poltergeist activity?" and. " If not, why?"

Here is a question you might want to also consider. "is there Any objective actual evidence for poltergeist activity?" and. " If not, why?"

Well that i assume would be hard to distinguish between fake and real. So, who knows if it's actual evidence or a fake/prank...

You might be better off posting this over at the Ghost Village forum.

You will find a lot of bonafide ghost hunting groups over there,and since its what they do,no comments from skeptics.

Im sure someone will help you .

You might be better off posting this over at the Ghost Village forum.

You will find a lot of bonafide ghost hunting groups over there,and since its what they do,no comments from skeptics.

Im sure someone will help you .

lol im new at this... didn't really know what to do, but found post a topic :blush:

Well that i assume would be hard to distinguish between fake and real. So, who knows if it's actual evidence or a fake/prank...

Exactly. But if you are going to present this for your class, wouldn't you want to report back something of actual factual knowledge? Or just a bunch of eyewitness accounts that could be inaccurate or just plain made up? I am not trying to be an ass here, just stating that nothing factual has ever been shown about poltergeist activity. Now you could do a report on what people BELIEVE about poltergeist activity, but that isn't the same as actual facts like what you are asking...how long do they last, how do you get rid of them..etc...

Just rent the movie Poltergeist. It has all of the answers you seek in it.

Edited by Mike G

Just rent the movie Poltergeist. It has all of the answers you seek in it.

:tu: Bingo! Wish I'd thought of that.

:tu: Bingo! Wish I'd thought of that.

Lawl wish i could, but that apparently "doesn't count"

Lawl wish i could, but that apparently "doesn't count"

That movie is every bit as factual as anything regarding poltergeists you will find on this site, friend.

Edited by orangepeaceful79

i could use tv shows but not movies... :/

anyways lol do any of you know an answer to one of the questions? (one or more actually)

That movie is every bit as factual as anything regarding poltergeists you will find on this site, friend.

On any site !!!!!

At least here, skeptics can also contribute to the answers......If you can not learn from " both sides " that would be called " biased information ".....One sided based on belief and faith only....There are reasons some other sites do not allow the " other side " in discussions....

For someone doing a project, and/or wanting real answers to the topic, I would suggest gather information from all sorts of sources.....And your biggest mistake would be just using " paranormal " sites.

This would be like going to a holistic medicine site to find a cure for influenza, or a tooth ache...........

Study Psychology on this topic, study carpentry on this subject, study everything around it......Especially Psychology.

I suggest that is where you start..... " What psychologically makes people think they have a " Poltergiest " ..... "

If you are still looking let me know, I am off to work, but if you really are still researching, I can post some links tomorrow from here.......There are quite a few, and a lot of them have links to what I said above.

By the way, what kind of school has a topic like that for a English project?

Edited by Sakari

On any site !!!!!

At least here, skeptics can also contribute to the answers......If you can not learn from " both sides " that would be called " biased information ".....One sided based on belief and faith only....There are reasons some other sites do not allow the " other side " in discussions....

For someone doing a project, and/or wanting real answers to the topic, I would suggest gather information from all sorts of sources.....And your biggest mistake would be just using " paranormal " sites.

This would be like going to a holistic medicine site to find a cure for influenza, or a tooth ache...........

Study Psychology on this topic, study carpentry on this subject, study everything around it......Especially Psychology.

I suggest that is where you start..... " What psychologically makes people think they have a " Poltergiest " ..... "

If you are still looking let me know, I am off to work, but if you really are still researching, I can post some links tomorrow from here.......There are quite a few, and a lot of them have links to what I said above.

By the way, what kind of school has a topic like that for a English project?

It's a research paper i chose it as my topic, but mostly because i'm curious than for the actual paper.

oh yea btw this isn't my only source. haha i just need an interview but i can use the forum to ask questions...

oh yea btw this isn't my only source. haha i just need an interview but i can use the forum to ask questions...

Using any of our answers?

This is based off random research I've done. I can neither confirm nor deny poltergeists.

Keep in mind that noisy spirits can include all sorts of phenomena. Moving stuff of course, but lots of noises like voices, knocking, stomping, crashes, ect are often found in the descriptions. Bad smells, spontaneous fires and occasionally water formations are part of the story too. But yeah moving stuff seems to be the biggie :)

1. Kind of depends on what you are asking.

How long do individual events take place? Quite often those are fairly short, like a lamp swinging or a few objects moving. Sometimes you will hear stories about fairly lengthy events taking place, like spurts of activity happening over the course of an entire evening. Usually stories are not like the movies where there's destruction of a kitchen within a few minutes. Rarely a tale will have physical attacks which can range from a quick scratch to an assault that can last several minutes.

How long does a person have a poltergeist attached to them? Well, long enough that one starts to think poltergeist rather than just something off and weird. Most stories I've read are a few weeks, or something like an entire summer X was happening. Some stories speak of activity for many months, or even years. Sometimes it will only last as long as the people are in the area of activity, sometimes the poltergeist seems to move with them.

2. How to get rid of one? I don't know, there's lots of stories about that too. But growing out of it seems popular. Sometimes one will read of exorcisms, blessings, moving, mental help, and a whole handful of other fun stuff.

3. There's a couple of popular theories, and I'm sure there's a goodly handful of less popular ones.

One is that a poltergeist really is a ghost, demon, or some other sort of incorporeal entity. An entity that has enough oomph to physically do something.

Another is that the activity is really due to someone being unusually gifted with mental powers. Sometimes the story is still linked to an entity too, and the gifted persons interaction with it. Sometimes the story is just the person themselves with no "concrete" mentions of an entity.

thanks alot i will use this and i borrowed some books so i can do well with the theories part. tyvm

Exactly. But if you are going to present this for your class, wouldn't you want to report back something of actual factual knowledge? Or just a bunch of eyewitness accounts that could be inaccurate or just plain made up? I am not trying to be an ass here, just stating that nothing factual has ever been shown about poltergeist activity. Now you could do a report on what people BELIEVE about poltergeist activity, but that isn't the same as actual facts like what you are asking...how long do they last, how do you get rid of them..etc...

ok so everyone already knows that there is no real concrete evidence. If they'd look it up they'd find video and things that claim it, but what i'm trying to do for my english report is find the basic ideas on this and everything. I know i probably shouldn't have chosen this for my research paper, but still i am curious and would like to write what i find and not state it as fact. (lol i think its my fault it's not a real research paper, but just to gather round information on a topic-- not a legit, have to be fact, research)

How long did you get for your assignment?

It has been 10 days, that seems like a long time for a English assignment to be turned in :)

I'm not sure where your from or if you're familiar with the case, but the Enfield poltergeist is a really interesting case IMO. There was a documentary on Channel 4 called Interview with a Poltergeist which interviews all the people who were around and witnessed what happened in the house, including the main investigator Maurice Grosse. The girl who was the focus of activity, Janet, has given a couple of interviews as well in the last few years. There is a so much stuff on Youtube and the internet, it's a fascinating case whether you believe or not. Check it out.

There's also a This Morning interview with Janet.

How long did you get for your assignment?

It has been 10 days, that seems like a long time for a English assignment to be turned in :)

well its been delayed because of shortened days, and other district tests... this is most likely going to be our final and i want the information now...

I'm not sure where your from or if you're familiar with the case, but the Enfield poltergeist is a really interesting case IMO. There was a documentary on Channel 4 called Interview with a Poltergeist which interviews all the people who were around and witnessed what happened in the house, including the main investigator Maurice Grosse. The girl who was the focus of activity, Janet, has given a couple of interviews as well in the last few years. There is a so much stuff on Youtube and the internet, it's a fascinating case whether you believe or not. Check it out.

There's also a This Morning interview with Janet.

is

aw sweet okay ill keep that in mind for my video, but sadly the interview i must get has to be from this forum.. it has to be a self interview.. if thats right.

also as of now, this topic is considered more for my own interest than for school research.