Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Whilst it's entirely possible that Mrs. Zimmerman didn't know or merely forgot about this, it's going to harm her husband's case quite a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/george-zimmerman-lie-detector-421395

George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing

A day after killing Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman passed a police lie detector test when asked if he confronted the teenager and whether he feared for his life “when you shot the guy,” according to documents released today by Florida prosecutors.

According to a “confidential report” prepared by the Sanford Police Department, Zimmerman, 28, willingly submitted to a computer voice stress analyzer (CVSA) “truth verification” on February 27. Investigators concluded that he “has told substantially the complete truth in regards to this examination.”

Zimmerman, the report noted, “was classified as No Deception Indicated (NDI).”

Wonder what the Prosecution is going to do with this? Probably say it is not relivant or not trustworthy.

If it is not trustworthy, then why do the Police administer these tests?

• Like 1

http://www.thesmokin...detector-421395

Wonder what the Prosecution is going to do with this? Probably say it is not relivant or not trustworthy.

They typically deny the trustworthiness of such tests when they don't help their client. I think they should either accept them into evidence or stop using them to sway juries if they aren't to be trusted all the time.

Some of the report from the original detective, Serino, has been released. He asked for an arrest because he felt Zimmerman did not do anything to defuse the situation. He did not identify himself to Martin, twice, and didn't do anything to avoid the confrontation.

http://news.yahoo.co...-192523670.html

Edited by susieice

http://www.thesmokin...detector-421395

The Defense might try to use it, but the Prosecution might point out that the results simply tell (at best) that answering a given question has upset someone, and that subjective analysis makes the case for that upset being due to lying or not.

2 reasons:

1) There are idiots that think a polygraph or some other stress analysis system is an infallible lie detector (some write articles and post comments at the smoking gun) that gives you a 'ding' for the truth and a 'bzzzzz' for a lie. Lots of those people end up on juries.

2) Generally, there's not one irrefutable piece of damning evidence like a video of a crime being committed. Both sides try to throw any fact that they can tangentially connect to the case into the mix as "evidence". This could be something as irrelevant as a traffic video showing that the defendant was in the area or a voice stress analysis that seems to lack any indication of deception (or more accurately, any indication of stress at answering the cogent questions).

Still on subject, but from a little different angle, the original witness (of whom it seems nothing is ever heard anymore) said that he saw Martin and Zimmerman talking, then Zimmerman turned away to walk back to his truck, then Martin came and knocked him down and started punching him and beating his head on the ground. I'm sure pressure will be put on him to change his story, but that's what he said before all the brou-ha-ha started. Btw, he (the witness) is black. Another thing you never hear is that one of Zimmerman's best friends is black and said that there is not a racist bone in his (Zimmerman's) body. But you'll never see them again on TV unless someone gets them to change their tune of course.

Also, thanks Die Checker for the info on Zimmerman's lawyer.

• Like 1

Still on subject, but from a little different angle, the original witness (of whom it seems nothing is ever heard anymore) said that he saw Martin and Zimmerman talking, then Zimmerman turned away to walk back to his truck, then Martin came and knocked him down and started punching him and beating his head on the ground. I'm sure pressure will be put on him to change his story, but that's what he said before all the brou-ha-ha started. Btw, he (the witness) is black. Another thing you never hear is that one of Zimmerman's best friends is black and said that there is not a racist bone in his (Zimmerman's) body. But you'll never see them again on TV unless someone gets them to change their tune of course.

I don't remember there being a witness, other then the one that said he saw them after they were rolling around on the ground. If someone saw what you're describing, there would be very little case for Murder.

This is the info that has been hidden from us. Thanks for bringing it up.

You're welcome, Myles, and I really like your avatar...can't remember if I mentioned it before or not. DieChecker: a friend of mine, who is a former police officer, said that he watched and heard that witness once on one of the channels (I think ABC, but I'm not sure) when the case was still new, and then never heard from him again. I was looking for a link to it but couldn't find one, I didn't look very long though.

Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but I talked to my friend today and he said I could probably find the link about the witness on abcnews.com. Also, when I said "never heard from him again" I meant never heard from that one witness from the media again...just trying to clarify any ambiguities.

Edited by Gummug

Here's a link to one of the articles, but this isn't the one I was looking for. I might have found it, but my computer is really slow today: http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnesses-back-george-zimmermans-version/story?id=16371852

I wouldn't by to much in too his story if you only hear from him one time in the newa. Because, he would be on the news all the time with interviews discribing the events. The story you saw was Z's father and bother not a witness. If this man story

I'm much more distrustful of the media than you are Ryinrea. I figure that his story just didn't fit into the "spin" they wanted to put on it. Thanks for your input though...and I could be wrong, I'm only human, but as they say, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me, lol.

I'm much more distrustful of the media than you are Ryinrea. I figure that his story just didn't fit into the "spin" they wanted to put on it. Thanks for your input though...and I could be wrong, I'm only human, but as they say, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me, lol.

The media has alreadyshown where they stand on this. i wouldn't trust any of the outlets.

• Like 3

The media has alreadyshown where they stand on this. i wouldn't trust any of the outlets.

Right on, my friend. My friend Doug, whom I mentioned in a previous post, said it's like the Rodney King thing all over again...the media only showed the short little clip they wanted you to see, not the part where he kept getting up after the police told him to stay down (Rodney King I mean, of course).

Edited by Gummug

Zimmerman has turned himself into the police on three occasions. Why has his bond been revoked? So long as his bond was legally posted, it isn't any of the Court's damned business where it came from. The court asked for $150,000. It was posted. Whats the question? This is just another witch hunt because a U.S. Citizen successfully defended himself from a criminal attack. It is unfortunate that Martin chose to attack Zimmerman, but it should serve as a warning to all of the other cheap street thugs out there.

• Like 2

Zimmerman has turned himself into the police on three occasions. Why has his bond been revoked? So long as his bond was legally posted, it isn't any of the Court's damned business where it came from. The court asked for $150,000. It was posted. Whats the question? This is just another witch hunt because a U.S. Citizen successfully defended himself from a criminal attack. It is unfortunate that Martin chose to attack Zimmerman, but it should serve as a warning to all of the other cheap street thugs out there.

The merits of the case aside, both Zimmerman and his lovely, er, bride LIED to a sitting judge about his finances. To wit: They said they was PO when in fact they had about 200K of OPM at the time. One must never lie to a judge -'tis poor manners and kinda STOOPID. Seriously, They did lie about the money they'd collected in donations and that's why he wound up back in the slam. He even had a spare Passport. Not sure why anyone would need two....
  • Like 2

The merits of the case aside, both Zimmerman and his lovely, er, bride LIED to a sitting judge about his finances. To wit: They said they was PO when in fact they had about 200K of OPM at the time. One must never lie to a judge -'tis poor manners and kinda STOOPID. Seriously, They did lie about the money they'd collected in donations and that's why he wound up back in the slam. He even had a spare Passport. Not sure why anyone would need two....

You're right, and then, I don't understand why he did that. The only thing I can't think of he might have been afraid, as happened with the officers on the Rodney King case, that he might be acquitted in criminal court but then be brought to trial again in civil court, which personally I think is double jeopardy and should be illegal. Maybe he was afraid to disclose his funds knowing how when people smell money, why, it's "sue city". About the double passports, I haven't a clue, it does seem kinda stupid.

• 1 month later...

I suppose this thread is all but dead, but a couple of things. A friend of mine just sent me this:

How about we all send a copy of this to our local news stations and ask that they show a real up-to-date 17 year old Trayvon versus always showing an innocent 12 year old ... How about some honest and truthful news for a real change instead of the warped Liberal version all the time !!!!

Little Trayvon...The rest of the Story

Now for the rest of this story...

This guy's Internet handle was ''wild *****".

Now isn't that a cute nick-name for this Innocent little punk?.........................

I don't know how much coverage this story has had in your area, but, if it has, here's a new look at it! For those of us who thought we were well informed and weren't.....quite the realty check.

That old adage applies here. . . "there are two sides to every story". . .we don't always get the truth from the media. The liberal controlled media...television news...newspapers...magazines...radio...all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon...NOT 17 year old Trayvon...they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster.

In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.

When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him...he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. That he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school. I am not trying to say this was a good shooting...

I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die...I am saying...the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way. Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...because...it would not keep your interest in this case... Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on Facebook all say he had the "best plants"...not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth....all of his tattoos...not a single paper will tell the news like it really is....and NOT how they want you to think it is...

President King Obama...looked at the FIVE year old photo the media chose to show the Nation...and said..."If I had a son...he would look like Trayvon" So from that comment...should I assume you did not bother to look for the facts in this shooting..or should I assume you want a son who is a 17 year old drug dealing, gold teethed thug whose name on one of his facebook profiles was "wild *****"...who 'finds" jewelry and burglary tools on the way to school?

A fair and impartial news media in the USA? One that does not follow the liberal agenda and is NOT looking to further divide this already fractured Nation?

I didn't compose this. I'm only passing it on. Never trust the news media for anything

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests". – Patrick

Henry

Also, I wonder if anyone else saw the interview of Zimmerman on Hannity? Sure didn't seem like a murderer to me. Maybe we should just let this thread R.I.P., I suppose...

• Like 1

I suppose this thread is all but dead, but a couple of things. A friend of mine just sent me this:

How about we all send a copy of this to our local news stations and ask that they show a real up-to-date 17 year old Trayvon versus always showing an innocent 12 year old ... How about some honest and truthful news for a real change instead of the warped Liberal version all the time !!!!

Now for the rest of this story...

This guy's Internet handle was ''wild *****".

Now isn't that a cute nick-name for this Innocent little punk?.........................

I don't know how much coverage this story has had in your area, but, if it has, here's a new look at it! For those of us who thought we were well informed and weren't.....quite the realty check.

That old adage applies here. . . "there are two sides to every story". . .we don't always get the truth from the media. The liberal controlled media...television news...newspapers...magazines...radio...all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon...NOT 17 year old Trayvon...they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster.

In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.

When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him...he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. That he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school. I am not trying to say this was a good shooting...

I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die...I am saying...the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way. Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...because...it would not keep your interest in this case... Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on Facebook all say he had the "best plants"...not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth....all of his tattoos...not a single paper will tell the news like it really is....and NOT how they want you to think it is...

President King Obama...looked at the FIVE year old photo the media chose to show the Nation...and said..."If I had a son...he would look like Trayvon" So from that comment...should I assume you did not bother to look for the facts in this shooting..or should I assume you want a son who is a 17 year old drug dealing, gold teethed thug whose name on one of his facebook profiles was "wild *****"...who 'finds" jewelry and burglary tools on the way to school?

A fair and impartial news media in the USA? One that does not follow the liberal agenda and is NOT looking to further divide this already fractured Nation?

I didn't compose this. I'm only passing it on. Never trust the news media for anything

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests". – Patrick

Henry

Also, I wonder if anyone else saw the interview of Zimmerman on Hannity? Sure didn't seem like a murderer to me. Maybe we should just let this thread R.I.P., I suppose...

Good post Gummug!

It's not dead, just dormant. The trial will rekindle it soon enough. I'm just glad that the trial was delayed long enough for the idiotic media's race baiting tactics to be ineffective. Their inflammatory rhetoric on this story could have had people rioting in the streets this Summer. No word on the trial but I assume it will be within about the next 6 months. I think Zimmerman was guilty of being over zealous in a volunteer capacity and i believe it led to a chain of circumstances that ended in a thuggish acting young man dying. But murder2? NO WAY. And unless Holder's DOJ rigs a conviction I think he walks and the trouble still could happen in the Spring.

• Like 1

Thanks for your post and then. Personally, I wish the trial or the indictment could be thrown out due to extreme media bias...maybe that would teach the media a lesson, but I suppose that is just a pipe dream. The thing that really gets my goat is the thought of the innocent that have been hurt already by the media's dishonesty, and as you so aptly point out, those that may be hurt in the future. And to think the media is practically deaf, blind and dumb when it comes to the killings done by the "gangstas"...the media reminds me of those three monkeys, see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. :angry:

Fact is, if Zimmerman is exonerated the man's going to have to go into hiding if not protective custody because his life will be in very real danger. Irrespective of what motivated the shooting, he shot a someone whose community has rallied behind with fanaticism. There have already been threats to his life. And if he does go to gaol, then he'll have to be in solitary as he'll be shanked there for sure otherwise.

• Like 3

Fact is, if Zimmerman is exonerated the man's going to have to go into hiding if not protective custody because his life will be in very real danger. Irrespective of what motivated the shooting, he shot a someone whose community has rallied behind with fanaticism. There have already been threats to his life. And if he does go to gaol, then he'll have to be in solitary as he'll be shanked there for sure otherwise.

This is so true and I feel we have our wonderful media to thank for that.

• Like 1

The most disturbing aspect of this situation has been the reminder of how close to the surface our racial divide has become in the US. People on both sides seem poised and waiting for violence and the media seems to want to instigate it so they can have something exciting to cover. As a country we seem to be focused on ourselves like some aberrant "reality program" and it's becoming self destructive, cannibalistic even.

• Like 2

The most disturbing aspect of this situation has been the reminder of how close to the surface our racial divide has become in the US.

this coming from a canadian's point of view, but, it seems your gov. is doing everything it can to nurture these divided feelings :/

• Like 1