Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Good point Bavarian Raven, but it is not only racial fears and divisivness that is stoked by the government. All sorts of prejudices and mistrust issues are strangely advanced by government policy.

• Like 3

this coming from a canadian's point of view, but, it seems your gov. is doing everything it can to nurture these divided feelings :/

The government AND the media, imo. Good point Raven.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this and figured I'd update the thread. It seems there is still a lot of anger out there just waiting to be restoked when this goes to trial. Hopefully the trial will happen in the Winter months.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/16/12757763-memorials-removal-in-sanford-sets-off-new-tension-months-after-trayvon-martin-shooting?lite

I noticed this and figured I'd update the thread. It seems there is still a lot of anger out there just waiting to be restoked when this goes to trial. Hopefully the trial will happen in the Winter months.

http://usnews.nbcnew...n-shooting?lite

From the article: “Memorials are for the dead, not the living,” she added

Sorry ma'am but the dead don't care. Memorials are for the living, to remind them of the dead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about the trial? The reason I ask is that they were talking about the shooting on TV today so I thought maybe the trial had begun.

I heard yesterday that the trial date was set for June. And that was followed by the comment of how many months it had been since the shooting - implication I took from it was that the person writing the story thought it unfair that justice was being delayed.

'Kay, thanks And then. I was sitting in McDonald's and they were talking about it on the T.V. and I think they were saying that the shooting was justified, or something like that. I guess we'll have to wait 'til June and then I expect this thread will take off again. Thanks again. I wonder if that person who felt that justice was being delayed, would feel the same if Zimmerman is acquitted; because the more I learned about the circumstances, the more it seems to me that the shooting was justified, although admittedly I wasn't there.

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

The modern thoughts on a "speedy trial" are a little different than they traditionally were, I think. These days it seems it's better to let the dust (and heat) settle for awhile. If Z had been tried last Spring he might have been lynched in the press - almost was anyway - and hopefully cooler heads can look a little more fairly at the evidence. I also read yesterday that the judge in the trial has allowed the defense access to Trayvon's social media and other online history to see if he had "violent" tendencies. So next Spring/Summer Zimmerman will be tried and I suspect the media will use the occasion to make the teen a martyr and the "white" Hispanic the villain. But maybe I'll be surprised and they'll cover it fairly. Something like a Zimmerman acquittal on a murder 2 rap following an Obama loss might just be an occasion for some steam venting by the black community. A great deal of the identity and pride of that community has been intertwined with this Obama presidency and they are rightfully proud of his achievement but I think they will as a group not take well his losing in November.

• Like 1

What gets me a little bent out of shape is why the black community wants to defend those who by all appearances seem to be little more than thugs. Was it you that posted that Bill Cosby is not popular with the black community for saying that "the black community is the black community's own worst enemy"? (or words to that effect)

What gets me a little bent out of shape is why the black community wants to defend those who by all appearances seem to be little more than thugs. Was it you that posted that Bill Cosby is not popular with the black community for saying that "the black community is the black community's own worst enemy"? (or words to that effect)

I don't recall, but he did say those things and I respect him for it. He spoke truth and was subjected to ridicule - that says a LOT about those who he angered.
  • Like 1

The most disturbing aspect of this situation has been the reminder of how close to the surface our racial divide has become in the US. People on both sides seem poised and waiting for violence and the media seems to want to instigate it so they can have something exciting to cover. As a country we seem to be focused on ourselves like some aberrant "reality program" and it's becoming self destructive, cannibalistic even.

What I've noticed is that some groups simply won't let go of it. It is part of who they (their culture) are. I feel that it is purposefully dragged up over and over again to keep it Bumping to the top of the public contiousness. When if people just would treat each other the same, and turn the other cheek, this would be a thing of the past.

I live on a little cul-de-sac with 11 homes, 3 have Asians, one has blacks, one has Latinos and 6 have whites. And no one thinks anything about anyone of any race walking down the street ever. The only person I hate in my little bit of the neighborhood is the Old Lady that takes pictures of my car in the No Parking area when I'm unloading stuff for the house,and she sends it into the Home owners Association, and I get dinged 25 dollars. So, I feel that is justified. (The no parking is specifically for fire truck access and loading and unloading is allowed, but that does not show in a photo does it?)

I still think Zimmerman got steamrolled. Trayvon had much in his past to suggest he would confront and assault Zimmerman. And there can be no excuse of if T struck first, that Z was in self defense.

• Like 3

What I've noticed is that some groups simply won't let go of it. It is part of who they (their culture) are. I feel that it is purposefully dragged up over and over again to keep it Bumping to the top of the public contiousness. When if people just would treat each other the same, and turn the other cheek, this would be a thing of the past.

I live on a little cul-de-sac with 11 homes, 3 have Asians, one has blacks, one has Latinos and 6 have whites. And no one thinks anything about anyone of any race walking down the street ever. The only person I hate in my little bit of the neighborhood is the Old Lady that takes pictures of my car in the No Parking area when I'm unloading stuff for the house,and she sends it into the Home owners Association, and I get dinged 25 dollars. So, I feel that is justified. (The no parking is specifically for fire truck access and loading and unloading is allowed, but that does not show in a photo does it?)

I still think Zimmerman got steamrolled. Trayvon had much in his past to suggest he would confront and assault Zimmerman. And there can be no excuse of if T struck first, that Z was in self defense.

Great post.

I have a crazy old lady who lives nearby as well. She was fueding with a neighbor once and put a dead rabit in his mail box. She's in her 90's, so we usually just let it go.

I agree that it seems George got a raw deal. There just is not enough evidence one way or the other. Pressure from racist groups should not factor into the decision.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

See the New Photo of a Bloody George Zimmerman Released by His Defense Team

The defense team for George Zimmerman on Monday released the following photo taken by a police officer on the night Florida teen Trayvon Martin was fatally shot: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/see-the-new-photo-of-a-bloody-george-zimmerman-released-by-his-defense-team/

Looks pretty broken . If you got pummeled in the nose like that I guarantee some of you might think you could die.

zimmerman_scene_photo.jpg

• Like 2

Apparently Z's lawyer has access to some tweets made by TM that show him to be of a violent nature as well. While not damning evidence in itself since most teen males are jacked up on testosterone, it does fit a pattern of behavior. Trial is set for June and I bet that even if a change of venue is granted, it will make little difference. Looks like it will be a hot summer.

Looking at the total of public knowledge as detailed on Wikipedia... It certainly looks like the majority of witnesses that Actually saw the two men, say that Martin was on top wailing away at Zimmerman, before Zimmerman shot him. With the pictures of the head damage he received it is clear that he could easily have been fighting for his life, or believed he was.

So, then the doubt remains as to if Martin was justified in attacking him. And that goes directly to whether Zimmerman had his gun out or not when he approached Martin. A person approaching you in the street, or sidewalk, alone in and of itself, is a very bad reason to "Hold your Ground". What was he in Fear of his Life for? Martin asking questions and threatening to call the cops? (He'd already called the cops BTW.) Someone talking to you, even aggresively, is not a good reason to initiate an assault.

• Like 4

Looks pretty broken . If you got pummeled in the nose like that I guarantee some of you might think you could die.

zimmerman_scene_photo.jpg

And I guarantee you that Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten punched in the nose if he didn't try to be a bad-ass and accost a stranger. Because that's what he did, he accosted someone without good reason.

If he had just waited for the police to come, none of this would be happening. The kid would still be alive, Zimmerman would not be a murderer and no one would be arguing. Simple as that.

If that is hard to understand look at it from the kids point of view, you're walking, talking on the phone... someone comes up to you aggressively asking you what you are doing here, who you are... he has his hand on something that looks like a weapon... you have no idea who it is but you're scared and want to get the hell away from this man that is in your face!

What would you do?

And I guarantee you that Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten punched in the nose if he didn't try to be a bad-ass and accost a stranger. Because that's what he did, he accosted someone without good reason.

If he had just waited for the police to come, none of this would be happening. The kid would still be alive, Zimmerman would not be a murderer and no one would be arguing. Simple as that.

If that is hard to understand look at it from the kids point of view, you're walking, talking on the phone... someone comes up to you aggressively asking you what you are doing here, who you are... he has his hand on something that looks like a weapon... you have no idea who it is but you're scared and want to get the hell away from this man that is in your face!

What would you do?

What I think I would Not Do is start a brawl with the guy with the gun. I'd instead try to keep away from him while I called the cops.

So how do you assume he was showing his weapon?

What if you assume he was Not showing his weapon?

Trayvon had plenty of opportunity to go back to the house he was staying at, but he instead ran off, then wandered around outside where he knew Zimmerman was looking for him. We could just as easily assume He was out looking for trouble too.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

What I think I would Not Do is start a brawl with the guy with the gun. I'd instead try to keep away from him while I called the cops.

So how do you assume he was showing his weapon?

What if you assume he was Not showing his weapon?

Trayvon had plenty of opportunity to go back to the house he was staying at, but he instead ran off, then wandered around outside where he knew Zimmerman was looking for him. We could just as easily assume He was out looking for trouble too.

Ok, lets assume no weapon. Lets also assume that Trayvon WAS looking for trouble...heck, lets even assume Trayvon was high...AND wearing gang colors.

Now, should Zimmerman go up to him and take the law into his own hands?

He just called 911... Should he wait for the cops our just go accost a stranger?

This stranger "looks" like a criminal. But, the criminal is currently not committing a crime. But Zimmerman did.

In accosting Trayvon, he committed the crime of harassment. If he touched Trayvon, it becomes assault. If Trayvon had survived he could have pled self defense.

Why its a good idea to go up to a "dangerous" looking thug and start demanding to know why he's there?

He should have waited for the cops.

Edited by Lava_Lady

Why its a good idea to go up to a "dangerous" looking thug and start demanding to know why he's there?

because he is a neighborhood watch capt, you don't call cops for every suspicions case.

you were not there, so stop making your assumptions look as they are facts.

it took racists pigs like shapron and jj, to get him arrested months later . there is a reason he was not arrested at the spot.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

The evil is strong with this thread... Very sad so many of you are this twisted.

What is the evil that you are speaking of?

I think most are just giving their opinion.

• Like 1

oh please, you guarantee worth nothing, you were not there.

• Like 4