Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

I noticed on the pic I linked this morning the claim is it was taken three minutes after the attack. That just makes me question it more. Not seeing the abrasion wounds I would expect from contact with concrete. Because his hair is so short, it should be easily seen. I watched a small part of Zimmerman's testimony at his bail hearing today on TV while I was at work and I think the defense will show conflicting stories as part of their evidence. From what I saw, Zimmerman said he was in custody from that night through to the next night before he was released (all this time with life threatening injuries) and remembers signing three different statements. He could not remember the names or the sex of all the police officers and detectives he talked to. It's a good thing this will go to trial so all the evidence can be presented. I believe I also heard he was given $150,000 bail, but I could be wrong.

If he was in custody for that long of a time, swelling and bruising of both the cut sites and the broken nose would have been obvious by the time of his release 24 hours later. Just more questions from this.

Edited by susieice

I noticed on the pic I linked this morning the claim is it was taken minutes after the attack and yet there's a white backgrou nd. I can't imagine someone whiting out or photoshopping a crime scene picture. That just makes me question it more. I watched a small part of Zimmerman's testimony at his bail hearing today on TV while I was at work and I think the defense will show conflicting stories as part of their evidence. From what I saw, Zimmerman said he was in custody from that night through to the next night before he was released (all this time with life threatening injuries) and remembers signing three different statements. He could not remember the names or the sex of all the police officers and detectives he talked to. It's a good thing this will go to trial so all the evidence can be presented. I believe I also heard he was given $150,000 bail, but I could be wrong.

Did Zimmerman actually SAY he had life threatening injuries? I haven't heard anyone make that argument.

Did Zimmerman actually SAY he had life threatening injuries? I haven't heard anyone make that argument.

I changed my post because what I took this morning to be white now appears to have been pavement. Was in a hurry when I posted because I had to get out to work. Needed to relook. It does look as though the picture would have been taken at the scene, but Zimmerman is claiming he was in fear for his life when he shot Martin. Those cuts look like someone had a minor scrap with someone, but I don't know about life threatening. Seen worse on kids that fell. Anyone who's had a kid fall on the sidewalk has seen the type of injury that occurs.

I changed my post because what I took this morning to be white now appears to have been pavement. Was in a hurry when I posted because I had to get out to work. Needed to relook. It does look as though the picture would have been taken at the scene, but Zimmerman is claiming he was in fear for his life when he shot Martin. Those cuts look like someone had a minor scrap with someone, but I don't know about life threatening. Seen worse on kids that fell. Anyone who's had a kid fall on the sidewalk has seen the type of injury that occurs.

the thing is, he is had waited until the head injuries were at the "life threatening" stage, he probably would be the one in the casket atm. the whole point of self defence is to stop yourself from being seriously injured/killed. just saying.

Edited by Bavarian Raven

the thing is, he is had waited until the head injuries were at the "life threatening" stage, he probably would be the one in the casket atm. the whole point of self defence is to stop yourself from being seriously injured/killed. just saying.

Yes, but a 17yr old boy is in his casket and the question is, does he deserve to be from what you see in that picture?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-apologizes-trayvon-martin-family-could-released-152857774.html

Zimmerman is to be released on bail. He also does have a history of violent acts against police and a domestic arrest. He obviously didn't turn the other cheek on this one. This is going to be an interesting trial.

Oh so the blacks and gays and Latinos didn't calm right down and say "hey we have a black and latino and gay government now! It's a perfect world now!" :rolleyes: We have a black president. Has the entire country changed with a snap of a finger? Is our society suddenly smarter? Go back and read this thread and you'll see that isn't the case.

I thought the arguement was not that the system is broken, but that racist whites in charge were illegally enforcing racism against the law. Take the whites away from power and the problem should go away, right? Black will get arrested less, but they are not any more likely to commit a crime as anyone else, right? But surprisingly that has not been the case... So, then the uber-liberal theory must shift to the System being wrong, as it was built by the white man (To keep the black man down).

And you are accusing me of living in fear!? :blink: I do live in fear because I know the stupidity surrounding me but I am not the one running around screaming that all idiots should arm themselves and run around the streets shooting anyone they think looks suspicious because they don't look like them or act like them or the TV told them the criminals like that person walking around the streets who they don't know.

Yeah. That is, what, 0.00001% of the population? Unless you want to include criminals...

Just because people are paranoid doesn't mean someone is not out to get them. It sounds like they already got your brother in law. Why would the parole officer check on anyone? The money is coming into your state just because that person is on parole. Why would they waste money getting him when they are already getting what they want? And if he has children you should know they are getting a lot more.

My brother got thrown to the wolves by his friend, for buying stolen goods. He figured out he needed new friends after that one. My sister in law is just subject to really bad decision making. She still hangs out with alcoholics and crack addicts and is surprised when the police pull their cars over and when their friends get arrested for drug charges. "They're out to get me." NO.... They're out to stop DUIs and to arrest drug trafficers.

Why would a parole officer check up on someone? Are you serious? That is their whole job. You're somehow assuming that everyone in government is "in on it".

There is no explanation or reasoning yet it has everything to do with everything. Seen it a thousand times in a thousand threads on a thousand topics. If you disagree then you you belong in her fictional perfect family and hate woman and children and vile insults are hurled your way. Even when an attempted explanation is given it is always riddled with contradictions and incomprehensible sentences and mostly it never makes sense. In sum, all it is is raving mad rants from the mind of a lunatic.

And yet highly entertaining and brain stimulating. I hope the discussion continues. This is like running a 10K for the brain. Good exercise.

Those cuts look like someone had a minor scrap with someone, but I don't know about life threatening. Seen worse on kids that fell. Anyone who's had a kid fall on the sidewalk has seen the type of injury that occurs.

I've seen people get knocked out accidentally walking into street poles and door frames. I imagine Zimmerman seeing lights from the force and quickly thinking he is going to pass out. And once he was passed out, he might as well be dead. True, the cops were going to be there in minutes. But minutes in a fight like this is hundreds of blows. Someone is a real fight could easily bash someone's head into the ground twice per second. If that was happening, Z was right to shoot. And since they were both on the ground, it was not like he could aim for the legs, or even fire a warning shot.

I thought the arguement was not that the system is broken, but that racist whites in charge were illegally enforcing racism against the law. Take the whites away from power and the problem should go away, right? Black will get arrested less, but they are not any more likely to commit a crime as anyone else, right? But surprisingly that has not been the case... So, then the uber-liberal theory must shift to the System being wrong, as it was built by the white man (To keep the black man down).

Yeah. That is, what, 0.00001% of the population? Unless you want to include criminals...

My brother got thrown to the wolves by his friend, for buying stolen goods. He figured out he needed new friends after that one. My sister in law is just subject to really bad decision making. She still hangs out with alcoholics and crack addicts and is surprised when the police pull their cars over and when their friends get arrested for drug charges. "They're out to get me." NO.... They're out to stop DUIs and to arrest drug trafficers.

Why would a parole officer check up on someone? Are you serious? That is their whole job. You're somehow assuming that everyone in government is "in on it".

And yet highly entertaining and brain stimulating. I hope the discussion continues. This is like running a 10K for the brain. Good exercise.

I've seen people get knocked out accidentally walking into street poles and door frames. I imagine Zimmerman seeing lights from the force and quickly thinking he is going to pass out. And once he was passed out, he might as well be dead. True, the cops were going to be there in minutes. But minutes in a fight like this is hundreds of blows. Someone is a real fight could easily bash someone's head into the ground twice per second. If that was happening, Z was right to shoot. And since they were both on the ground, it was not like he could aim for the legs, or even fire a warning shot.

I don't see any injuries that would indicate a fight like that. I think this fight has been grossly exaggerated. And if someone walks into a door and knocks themselves out, whose fault is that?

[quote name=DieChecker' timestamp='1334990872' post='427

2174]...

:lol:

Actually the story is, if you had been paying attention, is that the system is not broken but designed to fail. It's controlled by businessmen who profit from crime. The majority of which are still white. Things don't change that quickly. The system keeps the racism thing going by profiling/targeting. What you don't realize is it's not just about race anymore and hasn't been for a long time. They are also targeting women. Single mothers.... it's an easier route to what they really after... children. This is also the reason why a parole officer wouldn't check on your brother in law as I said in a previous post. The state is already getting money for your brother in law being on probation. Why would they waste money doing what they are supposed to with that money? But don't let reality get in the way of your thinking that the judicial sysytem is trying to protect good people like you from all the horrible violent criminals out there. :rolleyes:

And by the way, have you noticed the only violence in this entire situation has been by Zimmerman and he is the one wearing a bullet proof vest? The only one that has done anything violent is being protected by the system. No one is going to shoot stupid. If anyone thought that he would be sitting in jail until his trial. Or are we going to now pay law enforcement to walk around the streets with the murderer and protect him?

Back on topic. Just seen this. Photos of Zimmermans bloodied head. That's great, but they don't show wounds, just blood. Obviously there is a better photo out there. Is this what the media was given? Did they edit it so they can deny major lacerations and use the claim that any he wound could bleed that much? Am I missing something or this just another media ploy to deliver a half truth while they fill in the rest? It seems all the HuffPo commenters are completely OK with a partial photo, but that shouldn't come as a suprise. Guilty racist blah blah blah is all you get there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/trayvon-martin-case-new-p_n_1440283.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D153783

Huffington DID crop away the laceration on the right side of his scalp. And just above it what could be quite a hematoma forming.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/new_photo_shows_zimmerman_bloody_H0OsgAUdCP4CdBfZhpcM2K

I almost can't believe they are still being so blatant in their deceptions.

Thanks for finding the real picture. Unfreakingbelievable. Actually it isn't.

I don't see any injuries that would indicate a fight like that. I think this fight has been grossly exaggerated. And if someone walks into a door and knocks themselves out, whose fault is that?

I've taken some serious blows to the head before, mostly accidents and some caused by others. It is very easy to get your head rung and have zero signs of being hit. Take a few punches in the temple and you'll think your going to die or pass out yet may show absolutely no bruises. It doesn't take much of a hit off of concrete to feel like your heads going to explode. The cut may look small but that doesn't mean it didn't have Zimmerman seeing stars. So if someone bashed my head off of concrete once with aggresive force I'd likely become enraged if I could overcome passing out. Go bang your head off of the corner of a door jamb, get a little 1/4" cut, tell me how it felt, not good i bet, and then compare that little wound to one like zimmermans and tell me it's no big deal.

I still don't see injuries consistent with what would be caused by contact with concrete, sorry. Since I also don't go around punching people or intentionally walking into doors, I can't say I've had these experiences. However, I have hit my head on occasion and yes, it hurts, but we also still haven't seen Martin's injuries other than we know he died of a gunshot wound. Thank goodness this is making it to trial.

Thanks for finding the real picture. Unfreakingbelievable. Actually it isn't.

I've taken some serious blows to the head before, mostly accidents and some caused by others. It is very easy to get your head rung and have zero signs of being hit. Take a few punches in the temple and you'll think your going to die or pass out yet may show absolutely no bruises. It doesn't take much of a hit off of concrete to feel like your heads going to explode. The cut may look small but that doesn't mean it didn't have Zimmerman seeing stars. So if someone bashed my head off of concrete once with aggresive force I'd likely become enraged if I could overcome passing out. Go bang your head off of the corner of a door jamb, get a little 1/4" cut, tell me how it felt, not good i bet, and then compare that little wound to one like zimmermans and tell me it's no big deal.

Compare Zimmerman's to Martin's. That's a big deal. Stupid shouldn't have let his gun do his thinking for him.

Zimmerman's family is having trouble raising the 15 thousand to post bond so he'll be locked up until at least mid week. He's leaving the State to go into hiding after that.

I still don't see injuries consistent with what would be caused by contact with concrete, sorry. Since I also don't go around punching people or intentionally walking into doors, I can't say I've had these experiences. However, I have hit my head on occasion and yes, it hurts, but we also still haven't seen Martin's iries other than we know he died of a gunshot wound. Thank goodness this is making it to trial.

Internal injuries are worse than noticeable injuries in most cases...

Have they released where Martin had been shot on his body? I suspect this will be covered up just like other details but I feel assured knowing AG Eric Holder, Jr. is looking into the matter... :rolleyes:

Internal injuries are worse than noticeable injuries in most cases...

Have they released where Martin had been shot on his body? I suspect this will be covered up just like other details but I feel assured knowing AG Eric Holder, Jr. is looking into the matter... :rolleyes:

Martin was shot "in the chest". They've gotten no more specific than that. When it comes to bleeding it can make a remarkable difference. If he was hit directly in the heart there would probably have been much less blood on the scene because it would have stopped flowing almost instantly. The funeral home director that handled his body said he had no other injuries to indicate he'd been in a fight.

On examination on Friday the 20th the detective stated that he was shot from close range. There were powder burns on his clothing and stippling on Zimmerman's.

Edited by and then

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8631402

Sounds like everyone in Sanford is settling down and just waiting for the case to go to court. It is what it is and now, at least, it's going in the right direction.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8631402

Sounds like everyone in Sanford is settling down and just waiting for the case to go to court. It is what it is and now, at least, it's going in the right direction.

I heard on the news yesterday that the trial could be as much as a year away. I think it's probably good to wait though I'm not sure that much time will be beneficial. At least it won't be coming to trial in the middle of summer.

I heard on the news yesterday that the trial could be as much as a year away. I think it's probably good to wait though I'm not sure that much time will be beneficial. At least it won't be coming to trial in the middle of summer.

I don't know what you mean. It seems the town has gone on with it's business.

I don't know what you mean. It seems the town has gone on with it's business.

Which is the way it should be. No one will do anything now that the system has done the right thing. Now it's just a matter of waiting to make sure they continiue to do the right thing.

Actually the story is, if you had been paying attention, is that the system is not broken but designed to fail. It's controlled by businessmen who profit from crime. The majority of which are still white. Things don't change that quickly. The system keeps the racism thing going by profiling/targeting. What you don't realize is it's not just about race anymore and hasn't been for a long time. They are also targeting women. Single mothers.... it's an easier route to what they really after... children. This is also the reason why a parole officer wouldn't check on your brother in law as I said in a previous post. The state is already getting money for your brother in law being on probation. Why would they waste money doing what they are supposed to with that money? But don't let reality get in the way of your thinking that the judicial sysytem is trying to protect good people like you from all the horrible violent criminals out there. :rolleyes:

I'm not paying attension? You're the one talking about my Brother-In-Law, when I was talking about my Sister-In-Law and my Brother... two people that you apparently read to be one person. Who is paying attension?

Now the System is broken. OK. I see where you are coming from. I don't agree though. You're arguing that the various levels of government only care about money. Yet, it is poor areas, where the most federal aid shows up, that are still doing the worst. If anything not doing their job happens when the federal money stops showing up, or in areas of total corruption, where the White Flight has already been fully realized. That is not the care here (In POrtland). Whites, Blacks, Latinos and Asians all mingle here with the only Police Brutality common in Portland Metro is against the Homeless and the Mentally Handycaped. Not that that Police Brutality is OK, but it is clear that here at least, we don't have a Racial War going on. The only place I've lived where that was occuring was in Dixie... The South. Though I hear that the Urban Midwest is almost as bad.

The System killed Trayvon to keep control of the Children?? Racism is about control of Children? I think you're heading down your pet CT about Single Mothers and the bad deal society has handed them. (Which is the direct consequence of being a Single Mother). If your going to have kids, have a Husband.

And by the way, have you noticed the only violence in this entire situation has been by Zimmerman and he is the one wearing a bullet proof vest? The only one that has done anything violent is being protected by the system. No one is going to shoot stupid. If anyone thought that he would be sitting in jail until his trial. Or are we going to now pay law enforcement to walk around the streets with the murderer and protect him?

No death threats??

http://twitchy.com/2012/03/24/countless-death-threats-against-zimmerman-man-yet-proven-guilty/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/03/george-zimmerman-death-threats-at-home-on-social-media/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE82O0F820120325

http://patdollard.com/2012/04/secret-safe-house-to-protect-zimmerman-from-death-threats/

There are enough idiots out there who are against Law Enforcement, that if even 1/10th of the threats are real, that is hundreds of real threats.

Edited by DieChecker

I suppose if they wait a bit, it will lend itself to be a much more fair trial. Of course, this depends on if the media can let it go.

I'm not paying attension? You're the one talking about my Brother-In-Law, when I was talking about my Sister-In-Law and my Brother... two people that you apparently read to be one person. Who is paying attension?

Now the System is broken. OK. I see where you are coming from. I don't agree though. You're arguing that the various levels of government only care about money. Yet, it is poor areas, where the most federal aid shows up, that are still doing the worst. If anything not doing their job happens when the federal money stops showing up, or in areas of total corruption, where the White Flight has already been fully realized. That is not the care here (In POrtland). Whites, Blacks, Latinos and Asians all mingle here with the only Police Brutality common in Portland Metro is against the Homeless and the Mentally Handycaped. Not that that Police Brutality is OK, but it is clear that here at least, we don't have a Racial War going on. The only place I've lived where that was occuring was in Dixie... The South. Though I hear that the Urban Midwest is almost as bad.

The System killed Trayvon to keep control of the Children?? Racism is about control of Children? I think you're heading down your pet CT about Single Mothers and the bad deal society has handed them. (Which is the direct consequence of being a Single Mother). If your going to have kids, have a Husband.

No death threats??

http://twitchy.com/2012/03/24/countless-death-threats-against-zimmerman-man-yet-proven-guilty/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/03/george-zimmerman-death-threats-at-home-on-social-media/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE82O0F820120325

http://patdollard.com/2012/04/secret-safe-house-to-protect-zimmerman-from-death-threats/

There are enough idiots out there who are against Law Enforcement, that if even 1/10th of the threats are real, that is hundreds of real threats.

Actually most single mothers are divorced or widowed but let's not let the truth interfere with your profiling/targeting of single mothers. And yes we definately have a baby business going on in thsi country that people like you want to ignore because it's as much of a business as our prison system. And I never said the system killed Martin. Stupid killed Martin. Stupid who was paying attention to the profile of young black men that the system created. And this is not about threats. This is about a dead youth who was doing nothing wrong. Hopefully the prosecutor does a better job at the trial than she did the bail hearing.

The prosecutor really didn't present any of the state's evidence at the bail hearing. Why do that when you have no problem with him getting bail. We only know that the original detective who filed for charges said the evidence at the scene did not coincide with Zimmerman and Martin being on the sidewalk during the struggle. We'll have to wait until trial to see what he meant.