Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 7
Copasetic

Florida Teen murdered by

1,588 posts in this topic

Being Latino is not a race; they can be of multiple races. Ever been to a latin american country? Try Colombia, there are native whites, blacks, mestizos and mulattos - they are all latino!

Maybe this will clear things up for you;

He is eligible/entitled to all special treatments, protections and rights afforded to minority (non-Whites) under the law, no different than Obama is, so how can classify him as White?

You can't, and insisting on doing so only serves the racist race baiting filth in this Country.

Edited by Socio

I happened onto a piece in Reuters that is balanced and very interesting about Zimmerman and what led up to the shooting.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

Wow that story really paints Zimmerman in a new light, and it is on Reuters!

Aside from the light it sheds on Zimmerman the bigger shocker for me is, it is a seemingly even handed, well written, well researched piece that shows the sincere effort of a "real" reporter something Reuters is not exactly known for.

Is this the start of a media about face?

Nah, I bet you we never ever see this story on networks like MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN etc....

Wow that story really paints Zimmerman in a new light, and it is on Reuters!

Aside from the light it sheds on Zimmerman the bigger shocker for me is, it is a seemingly even handed, well written, well researched piece that shows the sincere effort of a "real" reporter something Reuters is not exactly known for.

Is this the start of a media about face?

Nah, I bet you we never ever see this story on networks like MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN etc....

I agree. Those networks will not even acknowledge when they are caught reporting in a race-baiting manner.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/safety-location-at-issue-if-zimmerman-is-released-on-bond/2012/04/19/gIQAJNXZUT_story.html

Yes, he is quite the Evil Black hating racist, isn't he? (Sarcasm)

His history shows that Zimmerman wanted to uphold the law, and that his actions were what he thought were in the interest of the community. If Trayvon HAD been a threat, Zimmerman would be a hero for his actions. But, because it was a troubled kid who was having hard times, and an attitude, Zimmerman is now demonized. Ridiculous.

So he was told not to follow Trayvon Martin. But he decided to go Rouge and follow Trayvon anyways which ended up in the kid getting killed. So now it must be the Victims fault right? Yeah always tying to put the blame on the Victim. :rolleyes:

So he was told not to follow Trayvon Martin. But he decided to go Rouge and follow Trayvon anyways which ended up in the kid getting killed. So now it must be the Victims fault right? Yeah always tying to put the blame on the Victim. :rolleyes:

He wasn't told "Not to follow" he was told that they did not need him to do that.

He wasn't told "Not to follow" he was told that they did not need him to do that.

well yes, the precise words on the recording are the 911 operator saying " We don't need you to do that"

...then Mr. Zimmerman said "OK".

But he then disregarded the advice and followed young Mr. Martin anyway.

Official Neighborhood watch people are not supposed to follow or make contact with "suspicious" individuals.

They are also not supposed to be armed if patrolling a neighborhood.

Zimmerman decided to ignore the protocols and a senseless tragedy happened.

well yes, the precise words on the recording are the 911 operator saying " We don't need you to do that"

Official Neighborhood watch people are not supposed to follow or make contact with "suspicious" individuals.

It's not that cut and dry. I was ordering an item for a department in my company today. They said "you don't have to do that", i did it anyway because I wanted to. The wording is not of an order. I am also unaware of Zimmerman having to attend any neighborhood watch training.

If you knew that young black men had been commiting crimes in your neighborhood, and you were the watch captain, wouldn't you follow a suspicious young black man? I would. I sure would hope that the outcome would not be the same, but I would feel obligated to follow the suspect.

There's blame enough to go around. But Z's over zealousness doesn't make him guilty of murder. If his story is true, and it looks from evidence as though it is, then he was justified using deadly force to save his life. There's a guy in my hometown who was beaten half to death on his own front porch and Trayvon's name invoked afterwards. Had the man been killed and the story of "this is justice for Trayvon" been spread through the media then more death and mayhem would have resulted. All this man did was tell a bunch of black youngsters to clear off the street because it was getting dark. That's how tense things are.....

It's not that cut and dry. I was ordering an item for a department in my company today. They said "you don't have to do that", i did it anyway because I wanted to. The wording is not of an order. I am also unaware of Zimmerman having to attend any neighborhood watch training.

If you knew that young black men had been commiting crimes in your neighborhood, and you were the watch captain, wouldn't you follow a suspicious young black man? I would. I sure would hope that the outcome would not be the same, but I would feel obligated to follow the suspect.

Maybe where you are they don't but here they do. The regulations are laid out for them.

I happened onto a piece in Reuters that is balanced and very interesting about Zimmerman and what led up to the shooting.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

This story still doesn't say what Martin was doing other than walking down the street when Zimmerman chased him. No stolen laptop was found. Zimmerman's bicycle wasn't found. No one has reported the boy was looking in windows or trying to open car doors. He wasn't walking with or near a dog. He had his hood up in the rain. No crime there. This article almost makes this shooting sound like a vendetta taken against someone whom Zimmerman chose to suspect and chase down. Nothing in there justifies what happened in this case. I'll wait until the court case to review the evidence presented and decide.

Edited by susieice

This story still doesn't say what Martin was doing other than walking down the street when Zimmerman chased him. No stolen laptop was found. Zimmerman's bicycle wasn't found. No one has reported the boy was looking in windows or trying to open car doors. He wasn't walking with or near a dog. He had his hood up in the rain. No crime there. This article almost makes this shooting sound like a vendetta taken against someone whom Zimmerman chose to suspect and chase down. Nothing in there justifies what happened in this case. I'll wait until the court case to review the evidence presented and decide.

It's saying that he isn't a gun crazy racist maniac hunting black kids. It's saying he's definitely not white. It's saying he had damn good reason to be concerned with strangers in his neighborhood. It's saying the MSM is intentionally irresponsible and everyone who believed them and has decided who this guy is with zero facts were wrong to assume.

I'd love to know the real lives of all those who cast stones.

Where is the evidence that Z followed Trayvon after being told he did not need to do that? In 3 different statements to the police, Z said he broke off the pursuit and went to find a street sign to assist the police. Then when Z was returning to his vehicle, that is when Trayvon intercepted and attacked Z.

Has anyone mentioned that Trayvon circled Z while in his car? Trayvon was the instigator from the start. That is what Z found so suspicious and caused him to leave the car in pursuit.

I really don't believe this case will see a jury.

Advice is not anywhere near the same as being given orders and is a major piece of disinformation regarding this case. It's real proof that people will incesently lie when they know they're wrong and will hear things how they want when they refuse to comprehend a situation.

Protocols do not apply to citizens.

It's saying that he isn't a gun crazy racist maniac hunting black kids. It's saying he's definitely not white. It's saying he had damn good reason to be concerned with strangers in his neighborhood. It's saying the MSM is intentionally irresponsible and everyone who believed them and has decided who this guy is with zero facts were wrong to assume.

I'd love to know the real lives of all those who cast stones.

Are you saying that I'm throwing stones and what would you like to know about my real life? It's pretty boring most of the time, all work. Must say though, my work isn't boring just busy.

Edited by susieice

Advice is not anywhere near the same as being given orders and is a major piece of disinformation regarding this case. It's real proof that people will incesently lie when they know they're wrong and will hear things how they want when they refuse to comprehend a situation.

I think what people are referring to is the poor choice Zimmerman made. A choice which, if he had stopped to consider it, allowed the opportunity for violence and confrontation where none would have been necessary - a police car was on the way. When people make such choices the consequences are their responsibility. Just as those who choose to run an amber light may mean no harm but endanger the public by their actions so too did Zimmerman with his rash decision endanger himself and ultimately contributed to a situation which saw a young man shot and killed. Zimmerman's failure to think about the potential consequences of his getting involved beyond anything required of him cost a life. It may not be murder, but it is manslaughter - a man was slaughtered pure and simple and if Zimmerman had not created the opportunity, it would not have happened.

It is not those that are condescending of Zimmerman's choice that "refuse to comprehend the situation" - it is Zimmerman who failed in that regard and proved why citizens who take the law into their own hands are a menace to society. Following someone who is on a public street is STALKING. If he had stopped to consider the manner in which his actions could be construed by the person he was following AND the Law, he would understand that his belief that he was acting in everyone's best interests was fundamentally flawed and a product of his own rush to judgement - something we all are very quick to jump on if it is a police officer who behaves rashly prejudging suspects - funny double standard right there I think.

I truly believe this is what people are having a hard time understanding. If someone I knew did that, I would give them a serve and tell them they were being stupid, judgemental and egoic "stop trying to be such a freakin hero" or words to that effect would be used quite frankly and :"wait for the police who are properly trained to deal with these situations" . Zimmerman wanted to be seen as a concerned and likely "heroic" neighbour who protected his neighbourhood - what he looks like today is an utter fool whose unthinking bravado cost a life - people do need to get that clearly if this type of thing is to be stopped from being repeated.

Apparently there are a few folks who were concerned enough of Zimmerman being railroaded that they decided to pony up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/27/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE83Q03I20120427

Pretty impressive.

I think what people are referring to is the poor choice Zimmerman made. A choice which, if he had stopped to consider it, allowed the opportunity for violence and confrontation where none would have been necessary - a police car was on the way. When people make such choices the consequences are their responsibility. Just as those who choose to run an amber light may mean no harm but endanger the public by their actions so too did Zimmerman with his rash decision endanger himself and ultimately contributed to a situation which saw a young man shot and killed. Zimmerman's failure to think about the potential consequences of his getting involved beyond anything required of him cost a life. It may not be murder, but it is manslaughter - a man was slaughtered pure and simple and if Zimmerman had not created the opportunity, it would not have happened.

It is not those that are condescending of Zimmerman's choice that "refuse to comprehend the situation" - it is Zimmerman who failed in that regard and proved why citizens who take the law into their own hands are a menace to society. Following someone who is on a public street is STALKING. If he had stopped to consider the manner in which his actions could be construed by the person he was following AND the Law, he would understand that his belief that he was acting in everyone's best interests was fundamentally flawed and a product of his own rush to judgement - something we all are very quick to jump on if it is a police officer who behaves rashly prejudging suspects - funny double standard right there I think.

I truly believe this is what people are having a hard time understanding. If someone I knew did that, I would give them a serve and tell them they were being stupid, judgemental and egoic "stop trying to be such a freakin hero" or words to that effect would be used quite frankly and :"wait for the police who are properly trained to deal with these situations" . Zimmerman wanted to be seen as a concerned and likely "heroic" neighbour who protected his neighbourhood - what he looks like today is an utter fool whose unthinking bravado cost a life - people do need to get that clearly if this type of thing is to be stopped from being repeated.

Bingo.

:tu:

Martin's attorney says Zimmerman mislead court about being indigent, should go back to jail. Zimmerman's attorney to meet with judge today. http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justice/florida-zimmerman-money/index.html

Z needs to get on the ball. And so does his attorney if they want him to not be behind bars for the next many months. That was a stupid lapse.

Well said libstaK.

They can and do. However, in this case there is still some question as to whether or not Zimmerman was a member of a Registered Neighborhood watch program... if not, then his ignorance of protocols set forth for such organizations might be understandable.

protocol |ˈprōtəˌkôl; -ˌkäl|

noun

1 the official procedure or system of rules governing affairs of state or diplomatic occasions : protocol forbids the prince from making any public statement in his defense.

the accepted or established code of procedure or behavior in any group, organization, or situation

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/21/149086792/shooting-renews-debate-on-vigilance-vs-action

Recordings of a 911 call by George Zimmerman to police in Sanford, Fla., suggest he overstepped basic protocols set down by the National Sheriffs' Association's manual for such watch groups, according to law enforcement and security officials.

In a statement this week, the sheriffs' association referred to Zimmerman as a "self-appointed neighborhood watchman," and said it had no record that his community had ever officially registered a neighborhood watch. So it is unclear whether he would have been familiar with the NSA's guidelines.

Chris Tutko, who runs the National Sheriffs' Association's neighborhood watch group, says the manual his organization distributes clearly states that citizens should never take action on their observations.

And for neighborhood watch groups, "firearms are definitely out," Tutko says.

Now the Martin family lawyer wants the judge to raise the bail amount since Z has 204K that he didn't mention(stupid) in court.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-judge-donations-received/story?id=16228564

I can see this trial being like the Nov election. Supporters from both sides being exhorted to give in defense of the ideals and principles involved. And may the richest client win....sheesh....

Following someone who is on a public street is STALKING.

I was under the impression that it was a gated community, which is not necessarily a "public street"...

... Following someone who is on a public street is STALKING. ...

I think stalking, in a legal sense, is a little different.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/stalking/

"A person who intentionally and repeatedly follows or harasses another person and who makes a credible threat, either expressed or implied, with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm is guilty of the crime of stalking."

Just sayin'...

And besides, that implies that Treyvon was acting completely innocently, and that Zimmerman had no reason to believe Treyvons action warranted following.