Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

The man complained about his neighbors? So what. A couple off hand remarks doesn't a racism make.

Is Obama a racist? "Clinging to their guns and religion" ring a bell?

Senator Joe Biden fills us in on who works at convenience stores: “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent … I’m not joking.”
http://www.trommetter.com/log/archives/2009/10/15/10-dumb-racist-things-democrats-have-said/

And those were not said in the privacy of a small circle on MySpace. Those were said to the World in the Media.

These quotes don't prove racism. They only proove that Z lived in a bad neighborhood at one point.

The man complained about his neighbors? So what. A couple off hand remarks doesn't a racism make.

http://www.trommette...rats-have-said/

And those were not said in the privacy of a small circle on MySpace. Those were said to the World in the Media.

These quotes don't prove racism. They only proove that Z lived in a bad neighborhood at one point.

Agreed.

OMG, this is great news. We have the smoking gun now and the jury can only reach one verdict, guilty.

This has got to be wonderful news for MSNBC and Al Sharpton, another full week of recycled racism and hate on full display.

http://www.trommette...rats-have-said/

Everytime I read posts light these from Rightwingers is like saying "I'm not racist because I have black friends." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Everytime I read posts light these from Rightwingers is like saying "I'm not racist because I have black friends." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Evertime I see posts like these from dummies is like saying "I think everyone is wonderful except those who I don't like" :clap:

And here come the hate mongers :hmm:

Third employee fired after another edited George Zimmerman 911 tape surfaces

good

:tu:

Its kind of hard to take the "zimmerman is guilty side" when their side keep spewing their propaganda...

:unsure2:

What I just read was, "It is OK to hate white people openly."

Looks like the Dems are not going to let this tragedy go to waste;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/may/8/house-vote-trayvon-amendment/

House to vote on Trayvon amendment

House Democrats said Tuesday they will offer an amendment to push to overturn stand-your-ground self-defense laws in states like Florida.

The amendment, which would withhold some grants from states that have such laws, will come as part of the House's debate on the Commerce Department spending bill.

"'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted. Federal money shouldn't be spent supporting states with laws that endanger their own people," said Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the two Democrats who are offering the legislation.

If "deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted" then common sense would say the number of innocent lives that have been saved has also tripled right?

http://www.washingto...yvon-amendment/

If "deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted" then common sense would say the number of innocent lives that have been saved has also tripled right?

Before I even got to read your comment I was thinking the same thing.

How many of those deaths were the result of "a perceived threat" , as described in the stand your ground law?

" Self defense" doesn't necessarily always equate to protecting oneself from a Life threatening situation.

The quoted article refers to "Shoot First Laws" . First?

How many of those deaths were the result of "a perceived threat" , as described in the stand your ground law?

" Self defense" doesn't necessarily always equate to protecting oneself from a Life threatening situation.

The quoted article refers to "Shoot First Laws" . First?

Do fatal, tragic errors occur? I'm sure they do. Life is pretty damned hard at times and decisions that can change a life forever - or end it - have to be made occasionally. If a person is armed and is sober and reasonable then it follows that such mistakes will be at a minimum. If they are chemically or emotionally impaired and they over react they will usually be found out in their idiocy. No human system is perfect but I still stand by the adage: It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

As lightly has already suggested, this assumption is very flawed and is not "common sense" at all.

and then,

Do fatal, tragic errors occur? I'm sure they do. Life is pretty damned hard at times and decisions that can change a life forever - or end it - have to be made occasionally. If a person is armed and is sober and reasonable then it follows that such mistakes will be at a minimum.

Define 'reasonable'?

Was Trayvon Martin being reasonable in assuming (if we presume he did) George Zimmerman was stalking him and was about to assault him? If that is the case, why was the 'reasonable' person the one who ended up dead?

Edited by Leonardo

As lightly has already suggested, this assumption is very flawed and is not "common sense" at all.

and then,

Define 'reasonable'?

Was Trayvon Martin being reasonable in assuming (if we presume he did) George Zimmerman was stalking him and was about to assault him? If that is the case, why was the 'reasonable' person the one who ended up dead?

Because the "reasonable" person was unarmed and attacked someone he assumed to be an aggressor. Poor strategy, for one. But strategy aside, it was a tragic misjudgment on both their parts. I have said many times in this thread that Trayvon's death was partially Zimmerman's fault. But ultimately it appears that the young man left himself open to be a victim of a poorly crafted law. As I'm sure you remember, Leo, 17 rages and strikes even when it might not be so prudent to do so. Zimmerman placed them both in a situation that escalated beyond the control of either. But he did NOT murder, at least not by the evidence presented so far.

http://www.washingto...yvon-amendment/

I really hate when the fed tries to make decisions for states. The country is so much better when the states can do almost anything they want. No need to have states if you aren't going to allow them to make their own laws.

I really hate when the fed tries to make decisions for states. The country is so much better when the states can do almost anything they want. No need to have states if you aren't going to allow them to make their own laws.

I agree 100%, The Federal Governemt is much like North Korea in this respect blackmailing State's to get their way, which makes it of paramount importance that the Federal Government shrink and a majority of the federal programs go away. Without them they would have nothing to hold over the State's heads giving the States the level of independence they need and should have.

• Like 1

This is especially troublesome when the Feds threaten to whithold money from the state. No different than a bribe in my opinion.

Evertime I see posts like these from dummies is like saying "I think everyone is wonderful except those who I don't like" :clap:

I second that emotion, Myles

From what I have read, every state that has enacted "shall carry" laws (concealed weapon) has seen a decrease in crime, particularly violent crime.

I think six million Jews would have issue with the idea that people don't need personal weapons.

Edited by Gummug

Now the feds may charge Zimmerman with a hate crime.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi-seeks-charge-george-zimmerman-hate-crime/nN5pR/

Disgusting. Using hate crime statutes in this case diminishes the memory of those who have suffered as a result of real hate crime. I hope they don't do it.

http://www.wftv.com/...te-crime/nN5pR/

Disgusting. Using hate crime statutes in this case diminishes the memory of those who have suffered as a result of real hate crime. I hope they don't do it.

I agree.

http://www.wftv.com/...te-crime/nN5pR/

I see the fearless Eric Holder is on the job protecting us from haters.....I wonder why it took him THIS long...

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/autopsy-results-show-trayvon-martin-had-injuries-h/nN6gs/

I distinctly remember the Funeral Director that prepared Trayvon's body saying that there were NO signs he had been in a scuffle or fight. The autopsy, presumably done just hours before the FD received the remains says differently. But there's no agenda being pushed here. The Justice Department's investigation might be the reason they've decided to bring Federal charges. They may know that Zimmerman cannot be convicted in a State court.

• Like 1