Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to be a real Christian

Cosmic Radiant

You mean they didn't warn you of the flubug floating around? What negligence !!

I should request a replacement for your personal guardian

fullywired

See the post above. Of course To another it may appear confabulation or rationalisation. But then again,. we tend to rationalise all our experiences on the basis of contextual knowledgege and undestandings. And while i talk of angels my own perception of them is differnt to most. I am "conected" to god, and he to me. Angels are physical manifestations of god which appear to perform physical tasks. Many tasks do not require such full manifestations. Others are done by apparently human agents of god.

For example the person who reminded me to get this years flue shot may have been prompted by their own connection to god, or may evene have been an "agent" of god. This happens a lot and can be identified (as a potentiality) once you learn to recognise it, especialy amon g like minded communities :innocent: You wear your skepticism like a badge of honour but sometimes the pin must stick you a little bit? :devil:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Mr Walker

• libstaK

• Q-C

:innocent: You wear your skepticism like a badge of honour but sometimes the pin must stick you a little bit? :devil:

Why ???

Let's face it ,you do come on a bit sometimes (or should I say at all times)

fullywired

Why ???

Let's face it ,you do come on a bit sometimes (or should I say at all times)

fullywired

Yes I was thinking about my comment to you. It reflected my own difficulty in comprehending a person who just can't see much of what i see. It appeared to me that you are proud of being unable to see, feel, or comprehend anything but a very concrete reality.

Then i realised this was my interpretation. You are just you, as I am just i. We are products of the very different worlds we live in, and the resultant experiences we have. You are probably not being deliberately sceptical, it is just how you are; but i am not 'coming on ' or playing a part, either. While god and the paranormal are not a huge percentage, time wise, of my life, they play a significant part in who and what i am.

I can't help being amused, for example, by people who just claim that god does not exist It is one of the silliest statements one person can make, to another person who "knows" the existence of god almost as well as he "knows' his own physical existence. It only seems to you that i am OTT, for the same reasons that your skepticism seems totally OTT to me. You cant even imagine the reality of living with a concrete powerful protective and interactive god in your life. I "have" to be aware of that reality every minute of my life.

Otherwise i could begin to live as if it was not real. Tha twould be like living as if i was not actualy married. Both would have real and disasterous consequences.

LOl sometimes i wonder what people must create of me in their own minds. I appreciate it must tbe hard to undestand me because i am totally in two worlds and accept the benefits of both. Both my flu and my wifes bad stomach wog have disappeared overnight thanks. Probably not a miracle but quite unexpected and very nice. :innocent:

Mr Walker.. I am like Fullywired. and others like him..I see you the same way as they do.. But you know I have always been straight about it. As for the flu.. yes that generally can be a 24 hour thing or slightly longer....... It depends on how quick your body can counter it.. Anyway this is off topic...I don't feel right in turning another thread into the Mr Walker show lol tongue.gif ..Anyhoo glad you got over the worst of the flu...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

EXACTLY :tu:

And that pretty much sums up the problem with religious dogma today - it is the favoured field of the consumate hypocrate - an opportunity to tell others what to do and judge them for not doing it. If you look around and talk to people they will show various levels of anger at the rules imposed by most churches.

If Jesus was for real.. Then I would have something in common with Jesus- I too have a problem with religion and religious leaders lol w00t.gif

I was lucky that my early years were with a great priest who always had on his billboard outside the church these words "Come as you are". I do not see this anymore - and I know it is begrudged by many priests if the condition of "as you are" is not in agreement with what they consider good christian behaviour. How strange that it's come to this :hmm:.

It is a pity they stopped doing things like that...

One would imagine that a church would be like a safe haven with no acts of discrimination, no condemning, no singling anyone out over sin... Just say - Come as you are..all are welcome... But see even when some say - All are welcome.. there is a hidden agenda.. You are only welcome IF you wish to stay with us and convert.. If not.. take a hike, you are a sinner...

I have to tell you, as a christian - but not a churchgoer I have absolutely zero interest in Paul's teachings, they just don't sit right I can't even read them for any decent length of time without getting discomforted by him, make of that what you will but that is where I stand on that one.

Paul rules.

Paul rules.

He rules mainstream Christianity, of that I have no doubt.

Paul rules.

You're welcome to him - no probs, but his words do not rule me.

You're welcome to him - no probs, but his words do not rule me.

love rules the world, love is higher consciousness, consciousness rules you.

love rules the world, love is higher consciousness, consciousness rules you.

Or the lack of consciousness rules me :w00t: . I agree - Love rules.

Or the lack of consciousness rules me :w00t: . I agree - Love rules.

yeah well this could be true, only going by if that avatar stays on site(s) and no where else, of course i'm relateing to the lack cf consciousness being knowledge as of course you would agree.

good luck

love ;)

Yes I was thinking about my comment to you. It reflected my own difficulty in comprehending a person who just can't see much of what i see. It appeared to me that you are proud of being unable to see, feel, or comprehend anything but a very concrete reality.

Then i realised this was my interpretation. You are just you, as I am just i. We are products of the very different worlds we live in, and the resultant experiences we have. You are probably not being deliberately sceptical, it is just how you are; but i am not 'coming on ' or playing a part, either. While god and the paranormal are not a huge percentage, time wise, of my life, they play a significant part in who and what i am.

I can't help being amused, for example, by people who just claim that god does not exist It is one of the silliest statements one person can make, to another person who "knows" the existence of god almost as well as he "knows' his own physical existence. It only seems to you that i am OTT, for the same reasons that your skepticism seems totally OTT to me. You cant even imagine the reality of living with a concrete powerful protective and interactive god in your life. I "have" to be aware of that reality every minute of my life.

Otherwise i could begin to live as if it was not real. Tha twould be like living as if i was not actualy married. Both would have real and disasterous consequences.

I am glad you put the Know in commas because this is the heart of the problem with non believers,it is my contention that nobody knows ,they might delude themselves into thinking they know,However I shall leave it at that before I am accused of derailing the thread

fullywired