Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What 'Finding Bigfoot' has taught me

DNO

I didn't really know much about Bigfoot before watching the tv show 'Finding Bigfoot'. I thought I would list the things the show has taught me about the illusive creature.

- Nocturnal

- Average 7 to 9 foot tall

- They avoid any contact with humans yet they are extremely inquisitive

- Deer is their primary source of food

- They follow the movements of deer and other animals

- They knock trees, throw stones and yell to communicate with each other

- Sometimes they will travel along power lines and roads

- Whilst the Bigfoot sleep they will send older males to guard the perimeter of the area.

- Much like humans, Bigfoot go grey when they get older.

- They can make primitive shelters to sleep in.

- Almost anywhere in the USA with trees is a 'sasquatchy' area

- When they hunt deer, they snap it's leg to prevent it from running away.

Anything else to add?

Fireworks.....they like fireworks.

Menstruating women.

They hang around Coyotes.

Oh and they bury their dead, that's why we've never found a body or skeleton.

It's taught me that TV shows can be very silly and still have entertainment value. I laugh every time I see this show. :yes:

Just to add:-

Bigfoots can imitate the sound of almost every animal you would expect to encounter in a forest or woods.

Juvenile Bigfoots are almost the exact same hight and build as an average human adult.

I didn't really know much about Bigfoot before watching the tv show 'Finding Bigfoot'. I thought I would list the things the show has taught me about the illusive creature.

- Nocturnal

- Average 7 to 9 foot tall

- They avoid any contact with humans yet they are extremely inquisitive

- Deer is their primary source of food

- They follow the movements of deer and other animals

- They knock trees, throw stones and yell to communicate with each other

- Sometimes they will travel along power lines and roads

- Whilst the Bigfoot sleep they will send older males to guard the perimeter of the area.

- Much like humans, Bigfoot go grey when they get older.

- They can make primitive shelters to sleep in.

- Almost anywhere in the USA with trees is a 'sasquatchy' area

- When they hunt deer, they snap it's leg to prevent it from running away.

Anything else to add?

And just how do we know all these things considering nobody has ever found one, found what they eat, found their lair, found a dead one, found any evidence they even exist? :huh:

They're allergic to cameras.

• Like 1

And just how do we know all these things considering nobody has ever found one, found what they eat, found their lair, found a dead one, found any evidence they even exist? :huh:

I don't believe they exist. This is just what Finding Bigfoot has taught me about them :P

It seems that every time someone gives Matt Moneymaker some odd evidence, he gives the Bigfoot another wacky trait that explains why it behaves in that way. I find it hilarious to watch!

Usually goes something like -

"Oh look a football in the middle of the woods"

"It's a well known fact among the Bigfoot community that the Sasquatch often steal footballs from homes to play games with their young. This is definitively means there are Bigfoots in the area"

Hey Matt Moneymaker-maybe the bigfoot are inter-dimensional beings? Anything to sell his show, B) and make the money!

I don't believe they exist. This is just what Finding Bigfoot has taught me about them :P

It seems that every time someone gives Matt Moneymaker some odd evidence, he gives the Bigfoot another wacky trait that explains why it behaves in that way. I find it hilarious to watch!

Usually goes something like -

"Oh look a football in the middle of the woods"

"It's a well known fact among the Bigfoot community that the Sasquatch often steal footballs from homes to play games with their young. This is definitively means there are Bigfoots in the area"

Sorry old bean. For a moment there I thought your first post was serious. You should have made it a tad clearer. Apologies :)

Just to add:-

Bigfoots can imitate the sound of almost every animal you would expect to encounter in a forest or woods.

Juvenile Bigfoots are almost the exact same hight and build as an average human adult.

LOL

They can even look like almost every animal too.

Oh, and they can only take about 1-3 steps at a time, then they vanish. "There is a track here and (sometimes) here, and then they stop."

Finding bigfoot has taught me that on certain nights of the week, I have way too much free time on my hands, and that I will watch just about anything. Oh yeah and that Matt Moneymaker is super cool and my idol.

Mike

LOL

They can even look like almost every animal too.

Oh, and they can only take about 1-3 steps at a time, then they vanish. "There is a track here and (sometimes) here, and then they stop."

lol right? Curious isn't it? Maybe Bigfoot is more like the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz?? They land, make a few prints then take off... And as for not finding the remains of their deceased, well it's "well known that Bigfoot takes their dying to an active Volcano and has a ceremony whilst throwing the bodies into the lake of Lava." :P

lol right? Curious isn't it? Maybe Bigfoot is more like the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz?? They land, make a few prints then take off... :P

Hey, I'll buy that. I was struggling for an explanation! :)

lol right? Curious isn't it? Maybe Bigfoot is more like the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz?? They land, make a few prints then take off... And as for not finding the remains of their deceased, well it's "well known that Bigfoot takes their dying to an active Volcano and has a ceremony whilst throwing the bodies into the lake of Lava." :P

If you guys were really paying attention to Finding Bigfoot, you'd have caught the little infotainment tidbit of information that stated that the reason nobody finds Bigfoot bones is because the porcupines eat them all up. Pay attention, slackers!

If you guys were really paying attention to Finding Bigfoot, you'd have caught the little infotainment tidbit of information that stated that the reason nobody finds Bigfoot bones is because the porcupines eat them all up. Pay attention, slackers!

lol Oh man... shoot, I need to stay up to date on this I suppose! Thanks for the correction my friend! Whew! That was a close one, was very near to sounding daft! Thanks! :w00t:

Wait a minute...Bigfoot is like 8 or 9 feet tall and there are enough porcupines to chow down on the bones...leaving nothing behind? :blink:

Yep and if you believe that, Matt moneymaker has some prime lakefront property in squatch territory he'd love to sell you, too. ;)

Wait a minute...Bigfoot is like 8 or 9 feet tall and there are enough porcupines to chow down on the bones...leaving nothing behind? :blink:

Or MAYBE they aren't invertebrates!? MAYBE they have cartilage that decomposes quickly in place of bones?! :blink:

Another excuse explanation has to do with soil conditions and how easily it dissolves bigfoot bones. Even though the big galoot is seen just about everywhere he only dies where his bones will dissolve quickly due to soil pH. I believe he carries a test kit with him. :P

Hey Matt Moneymaker-maybe the bigfoot are inter-dimensional beings? Anything to sell his show, B) and make the money!

I understand the show is more hucksterism than true investigative, however, there are American Indians that really do believe that BF is a being that can transcend dimensions.

that does not necessarily make it so, but I would not dismiss it out of hand.

BFRO'S Answer to the corpse question -

Why haven't we found the remains of a bigfoot that died of natural causes?

The short answer: Because "we" have never looked for these kinds of remains.

Nobody Looks for Bigfoot Remains

No serious work has ever been done to look for remains of surviving wood apes in areas where they are rumored to reside. No one should expect remains of such an elusive species to be found, collected and identified without some effort.

Very few remains of ancient wood apes have ever been found in Asia, where they were much more abundant. Millions of gigantos (a branch of the wood ape line) lived and died in Asia over the ages. All the remaining physical evidence we have of them could fit into a few shoe boxes. Fossils of any land animal are very rare.

Remains do not become fossilized very often, but unless that happens, all the remains will, in time, become completely reabsorbed into the ecosystem. There would be remains of animals everywhere if remains were not naturally recycled, including bones and teeth.

Fossils or preserved bones of wood apes may exist in the Americas, but they will be exceedingly rare, because these animals are rare to begin with, and only a tiny fraction of that population will die in locations and soils that will preserve bones somehow. Odds are slim at best that any bones (which are normally fragmentary) will be found, collected and identified unless a focused effort is made to look for them. Until efforts are made in many places, over a long period of time, no one should be scratching their head wondering why "we" don't have any physical remains.

Another excuse explanation has to do with soil conditions and how easily it dissolves bigfoot bones. Even though the big galoot is seen just about everywhere he only dies where his bones will dissolve quickly due to soil pH. I believe he carries a test kit with him. :P

lol! Awesome!:yes:

BFRO'S Answer to the corpse question -

I wonder how they define "scavenger"?

And I'm canceling all my museum donations.

I've found all sorts of skeletons of various creatures in my wanderings in the woodlands of the US. Deer, Elk, Bears, scavengers of all sorts, dogs.....coyotes, cats, even a Bobcat. Some of them had been on the ground for at least a couple years and it's true some bones do get chewed on by various creatures, however having said that, I've never found any large bones completely eaten up. Police find human skeletons that have been buried by killers that are many years old and I dare make a leap here and say that a human skeleton is not going to be nearly as large or as heavy as a supposed Bigfoot is supposed to be.

Sorry but that dog won't hunt.