Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian Bipedal sightings

Liverpool_rule1

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting Bipedal stories from Australia. Anything relating Yowie/Bigfoots, Werewolves etc etc

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting Bipedal stories from Australia. Anything relating Yowie/Bigfoots, Werewolves etc etc

I thought most Austrailians were bipedal... Well - at least most of the time...

I'm bipedal, most of the time.

• Like 1

Yeah I sight bi-pedal Australians everyday, except new years eve.

Haha joke over, no ive never seen anything cryptid related and doubt I ever will. Theres always the myths of yowies but only in aboriginal tales.

I'm Not Trying To Change The Subject, So I Apologise .. But I Can't Help But Wondering, Has Anyone Seen Any Of Those Beings In Europe?? Europe Seems Boring, We Only Have Werevolves :P

I'm Not Trying To Change The Subject, So I Apologise .. But I Can't Help But Wondering, Has Anyone Seen Any Of Those Beings In Europe?? Europe Seems Boring, We Only Have Werevolves :P

To be honest I dont think anyone has seen one. Theres so much evidence against it and only dodgy evidence towards it. For some reason though a lot of cultures have stories of bipedal monsters. Maybe its scarier to think of a monster that walks on two legs like humans.

Heh, we 'have' almas, kobolds, faery people, trolls, vampires, strega, Loch Ness monsters, witches, and maybe I forgot a dozen or so.

I've been quiet in Cryptos for a reason lately but I've been on here since 2004 and have spoken openly about our Hairy guys since then.

Beware though there are some major named hoaxers over here just like in the US but there are also plenty of genuine sightings from people even today, it never ended with Aboriginal story telling.

I guess if I had joined here recently rather then when I did I would never had shared my story as the board is very closed minded now, (as in not even trying to listen to the possibilities of what could be out there) before it had a mixture of people and a lot of people use to talk openly back then as well, they've all left here now though.

I've been quiet in Cryptos for a reason lately but I've been on here since 2004 and have spoken openly about our Hairy guys since then.

Beware though there are some major named hoaxers over here just like in the US but there are also plenty of genuine sightings from people even today, it never ended with Aboriginal story telling.

I guess if I had joined here recently rather then when I did I would never had shared my story as the board is very closed minded now, (as in not even trying to listen to the possibilities of what could be out there) before it had a mixture of people and a lot of people use to talk openly back then as well, they've all left here now though.

Tia,

with all due respect, I do not think it is being " close minded ".It is the years and years of no evidence.

Look at the idiots on finding Bigfoot ( BFRO ), they alone have over 60 years " experience " investigating Bigfoot, and not one piece of evidence.

I think I can speak for all " skeptics " and say we would all love nothing more than to see news of these creatures existing, or at least something substantial that would lean towards that possibility.

That is the problem, anything like that has either been a hoax, or " not released " because of whatever reasons.( excuses ).There are numerous claims from investigators that there is evidence, and it will be released......" you just wait "........I think we are all tired of it.

" the little boy who cried wolf "

It is not close minded, it is that the stories, and the legends, and the so called " evidence " have become very redundant..Hell, when me and the wife were sitting on the couch a few years back, and on National News, a story of a Bigfoot body came on.....I actually stood up and said ......." YES ! " as if some credibility has come, and a new species was able to do a Houdini all these years......Boy did I feel stupid.........I had let down my ignorant guard there for a while.......( Bigfoot in freezer )......Then there was Sylvanic, just maybe some evidence again......What a waste of time that was......It is the same thing, over and over, and over.

As said Tia, with all do respect, I would love to see something come out of all of these stories, I am no longer holding my breath though.

Edited by Sakari

Tia,

with all due respect, I do not think it is being " close minded ".It is the years and years of no evidence.

Look at the idiots on finding Bigfoot ( BFRO ), they alone have over 60 years " experience " investigating Bigfoot, and not one piece of evidence.

I think I can speak for all " skeptics " and say we would all love nothing more than to see news of these creatures existing, or at least something substantial that would lean towards that possibility.

That is the problem, anything like that has either been a hoax, or " not released " because of whatever reasons.( excuses ).There are numerous claims from investigators that there is evidence, and it will be released......" you just wait "........I think we are all tired of it.

" the little boy who cried wolf "

It is not close minded, it is that the stories, and the legends, and the so called " evidence " have become very redundant..Hell, when me and the wife were sitting on the couch a few years back, and on National News, a story of a Bigfoot body came on.....I actually stood up and said ......." YES ! " as if some credibility has come, and a new species was able to do a Houdini all these years......Boy did I feel stupid.........I had let down my ignorant guard there for a while.......( Bigfoot in freezer )......Then there was Sylvanic, just maybe some evidence again......What a waste of time that was......It is the same thing, over and over, and over.

As said Tia, with all do respect, I would love to see something come out of all of these stories, I am no longer holding my breath though.

Oh Sakari - there you go, ruining everybody's fantasy fun ride with boring old logic and reason. I mean how dare we as skeptics ask the faithful of the cryptozoological world to play by the same rules established by the rest of science regarding finding new species of critters?

Orangepeaceful79, I hope that fantasy comment wasn't pointed at me????????????

I agree with you guys I have no respect for all the major groups such as AYR, BFF and BFRO and who ever else you have over there. I also do look at stuff in the crypto forums still, I just don't post. I agree again with the stuff I have bothered looking at I highly question it also.

I believe with what has been in front of my eyes, been seen or heard by many others here and if you guys choose to ignore that that's your right to do that.

I have been burned big time in my real life as you would have read with an attack placed against my innocent child all because I know something they don't want revealed, another hoax by a group.... who really cares anymore, I suppose this one does though because they've based their whole starting and following based on this lie.

If someone wants to send me a $9000 FlIR camera to borrow I may be able to get the footage you're after but it's migration time here so it'll have to wait till late spring/ summer now. See it's not that easy, you want proof, the money goes to idiots instead and no I've never seen any of their shows and how am I going to be able to fund such a thing myself?

Hey here's the comment back from Professor Archers colleague....

Hi !

Thanks for sending the FLIR depicting the ...?

I reviewed the clip 4 or 5 times and am still not sure what the object really is.

I noticed that the time stamp on the clip was 3:44 AM. Were you recording with infrared?

Have you seen these "beings" bending over or moving around?

Cheers!

Terry

See even the scientific world can't answer what I have. They definitely ruled it out as something normal and want more footage, once again that was the point in sending it to them.....I need funding if they want that.

You can't make me out as the bad guy/ fantasy liar when I am trying my best to seek out answers.

I believe with what has been in front of my eyes, been seen or heard by many others here and if you guys choose to ignore that that's your right to do that.

Tia,

I am not ignoring anything.........It is exactly what I all ready stated....Claims, claims, and more claims......No evidence......Nothing more than blurry videos, or pictures, most known hoax's....I will just be repeating myself, and you know what I meant the first time.

I believe you heard something you can not explain, maybe even some other peoples claims may be true ( hearing something they could not explain )......Do I think it means a bi-pedal creature is lurking North America and Australia?.......No.

As for the footage you are talking about, they say they are not sure what the " object " is....Tia, that is far away from saying they do not know what kind of animal that is.....Where did they rule out other things?......

Ah, never mind, you will have to answer these questions enough, you do not need to with me also.

Hopefully, they will look more, and maybe go out and do research, that would be nice.....Keep it up !

I hope all is well with you,

Rob

Edited by Sakari

Orangepeaceful79, I hope that fantasy comment wasn't pointed at me????????????

I agree with you guys I have no respect for all the major groups such as AYR, BFF and BFRO and who ever else you have over there. I also do look at stuff in the crypto forums still, I just don't post. I agree again with the stuff I have bothered looking at I highly question it also.

I have been burned big time in my real life as you would have read with an attack placed against my innocent child all because I know something they don't want revealed, another hoax by a group.... who really cares anymore, I suppose this one does though because they've based their whole starting and following based on this lie.

If someone wants to send me a $9000 FlIR camera to borrow I may be able to get the footage you're after but it's migration time here so it'll have to wait till late spring/ summer now. See it's not that easy, you want proof, the money goes to idiots instead and no I've never seen any of their shows and how am I going to be able to fund such a thing myself?

Hi !

I reviewed the clip 4 or 5 times and am still not sure what the object really is.

I noticed that the time stamp on the clip was 3:44 AM. Were you recording with infrared?

Cheers!

Terry

See even the scientific world can't answer what I have. They definitely ruled it out as something normal and want more footage, once again that was the point in sending it to them.....I need funding if they want that.

You can't make me out as the bad guy/ fantasy liar when I am trying my best to seek out answers.

No Tia it wasn't directed at you specifically.

I do agree with Tia, although we're all on the same page here. We all want the truth. I can't say i know that these things exist, or even existed at some point( all of the unexplained). But i do know what i have, and that is faith. Faith and firm belief that they exist. I don't know where it comes from, it just does. It's just sheer excitement when i talk about the unexplained or even read about it. I will always have my hope that one day someone maybe even me will "explain" it :). Just look, James Cameron plunged into Mariana's trench! That's amazing :D

I think a huge problem with this forum is that the skeptics don't seem to be really looking for the truth. They believe they "know" it and are unwilling to have a conversation about anything without insulting and mocking those who have divergent opinions.

And yes sitting there and doing nothing but screaming "real scientists haven't" is insulting, we all know that mainstream science hasn't identified cryptids, that's why they're called cryptids. That's what makes talking about them fun, that's what makes what evidence is out there all the more interesting.

IMO the mods need to do something about the annoying folks like that on here before the board dies altogether.

Edited by bigtroutak

I think a huge problem with this forum is that the skeptics don't seem to be really looking for the truth. They believe they "know" it and are unwilling to have a conversation about anything without insulting and mocking those who have divergent opinions.

And yes sitting there and doing nothing but screaming "real scientists haven't" is insulting, we all know that mainstream science hasn't identified cryptids, that's why they're called cryptids. That's what makes talking about them fun, that's what makes what evidence is out there all the more interesting.

IMO the mods need to do something about the annoying folks like that on here before the board dies altogether.

I am guessing I am included in this thought process, considering I am a skeptic.......So :

Can you show me anywhere I do not look for the truth?......

Can you show me where I am un-willing to have a conversation?.......By your reply above, it is pretty apparent you are prejudice, and all ready have made your decision.I can't see you having a conversation at all like this.

Can you show me where I am insulting and mocking someone? ( as a matter of fact, maybe you should go check the last pages of the bigfoot drinking from river topic, you just might owe me a apology )

As for the rest, I will leave it a lone.....You will not see me, or actually many other " skeptics " just randomly posting how " believers " are mean and rude, and will not listen, etc,etc,etc...

Maybe you should report whomever you feel is being annoying, and they can decide.......I will admit, and it goes both ways though, there are some that come here and are rude and obnoxious.Over all, I think the community here is growing, and it is because discussion is allowed......By the way, I know of more than several topics solved for people, and they thanked the skeptics for solving it.....And, I also know quite a few recovering " believers " here, that after being here a while, and discussing things, have become skeptics themselves..........I am one of them.

Anyway, this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic..........A mod should do something about that.

I am guessing I am included in this thought process, considering I am a skeptic.......So :

Can you show me anywhere I do not look for the truth?......

Can you show me where I am un-willing to have a conversation?.......By your reply above, it is pretty apparent you are prejudice, and all ready have made your decision.I can't see you having a conversation at all like this.

Can you show me where I am insulting and mocking someone? ( as a matter of fact, maybe you should go check the last pages of the bigfoot drinking from river topic, you just might owe me a apology )

As for the rest, I will leave it a lone.....You will not see me, or actually many other " skeptics " just randomly posting how " believers " are mean and rude, and will not listen, etc,etc,etc...

Maybe you should report whomever you feel is being annoying, and they can decide.......I will admit, and it goes both ways though, there are some that come here and are rude and obnoxious.Over all, I think the community here is growing, and it is because discussion is allowed......By the way, I know of more than several topics solved for people, and they thanked the skeptics for solving it.....And, I also know quite a few recovering " believers " here, that after being here a while, and discussing things, have become skeptics themselves..........I am one of them.

Anyway, this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic..........A mod should do something about that.

Oh Sakari I actually wasn't speaking of you, the only NAME off the top of my head is Orangepeaceful ...IDK why but his brand of jackass really annoys me.....but there are many others I simply don't pay that close of attention to the names. You I recognize because you're here more than I am.

For the record I am decidedly more skeptic on most things than I am a believer. I come here to discuss possibilities, I enjoy the unknown.

Edited by bigtroutak

Im a skeptic but very open minded. EVERY time a thread starts about bigfoot or something related I open it up. But nothing ever comes from them, barely ever any 'evidence', majority of the times its opinions or hard to believe sightings.

I just find it extremely unlikely they exist.

I'd like to ask you an honest and respectful question. In a perfect UM forum, in a perfect world what would you have we skeptics doing? You've made it clear what you don't like to read from us, now if you would please - what would acceptable skeptic behavior look like, in your opinion?

Back on topic:

This is the last alleged Yowie sighting reported in the Australian Media:

Motorist catches sight of a yowie

The Daily Examiner

Date: May 19, 2011

A Hunter Valley man named Dean, who did not wish to be identified further, was travelling south along the Pacific Hwy, near Grafton just before 2.30am when he took the Centenary Dr bypass. Shortly after turning into the road he saw something:

“I reached the top of the hill and I was coming around the sweeping corner to the right when I noticed something a lot larger than a kangaroo in the middle of the road – my headlights weren't on it yet but it was a bright night and I saw what looked like a large person stooped over, with a big overcoat on,” Dean said.

“At the time I thought ‘you silly old thing, what are you doing in the middle of the road at this time of the morning', but next thing I knew my headlights started to light it up and it took one giant step off the road, it went from standing up like a person to going down on all fours and then it disappeared into the scrub in about three bounds.”

“It had an almost sort of a square, shaggy block head sitting straight on its shoulders – I'm a pretty big guy but it made me absolutely awe-struck how huge its body was – it had its arm up against a tree and it had about a foot of hair hanging from under its biceps.”

He estimated the creature to be at least two metres tall and covered in what looked like jet-black hair.

Dean said he had no idea what to think until he described the incident to colleagues later who said it was similar to yowie-sighting stories they'd heard in their travels.

“Anybody who knows me knows I'm the ultimate realist but this was an awe-inspiring moment, it's definitely made me a believer.”

http://home.yowieocalypse.com/2011/

centenarydr.jpg

I got in touch with a young fellow who claimed to have spotted a possible werewolf in NSW - http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=172818. He didn't want it investigated by anyone but he did want to join a paranormal investigation group...

Hey Orangepeaceful, I like to answer your question. This isn't how I'd like sceptics to act but ALL the people who whichto comment on posts.

Be opened minded, no one and I mean no one on this earth knows everything.... science included. If you read my email back, Sakari made the comment that they didn't rule out it wasn't another animal or such. This email was sent to the top person Professor Archer who referred it to his colleague who has even more knowledge and interest in the crypto world. If he thought it was a known creature he would have said straight away it's a wallaby because of xyz. Or it was moon light reflected off rocks etc. Why would he question me on movement and such and ask for better footage unless he believed this was something that needed further investigation which has been mentioned by 3 other experts, hey even psyche who is a sceptic has questioned why no one will follow it up. Sorry I don't have $8,000 to start me up or even more would be better to get the good equipment so you can't blame be who don't follow up when they have genuine reasons.

Anyway back to open minded, that goes to both sides.

Actually listening to each person, taking in the history of the person and the area of so called reports. Even taking time to talk to that person nicely can generally give you the feel of is this person being genuine or not.

We've all got to stop the slanging matches at each other. I'd love to have BF proved to the world if it meant they were all kept safe and free from harassment and none are hurt in this discovery.

I guess others would like to add some things they'd like to see added.

BTW NW as soon as I saw the name Dean I had to laugh, was it a real encounter? did you speak to the person or did it come from a certain site?

As for reading other peoples sightings I don't bother on here and as for werewolf sightings...... let's just say I have my ideas and what I think about those I always remember the phrase "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all."

Years ago though, I did read one report from the US I can't remember where and it sounded like what we would normally perceive as a 'werewolf' or as a dog faced BF. Either way it was a story that if I was nearby I most definitely would have followed up as a researcher.

Hey Orangepeaceful, I like to answer your question. This isn't how I'd like sceptics to act but ALL the people who whichto comment on posts.

Be opened minded, no one and I mean no one on this earth knows everything.... science included. If you read my email back, Sakari made the comment that they didn't rule out it wasn't another animal or such. This email was sent to the top person Professor Archer who referred it to his colleague who has even more knowledge and interest in the crypto world. If he thought it was a known creature he would have said straight away it's a wallaby because of xyz. Or it was moon light reflected off rocks etc. Why would he question me on movement and such and ask for better footage unless he believed this was something that needed further investigation which has been mentioned by 3 other experts, hey even psyche who is a sceptic has questioned why no one will follow it up. Sorry I don't have $8,000 to start me up or even more would be better to get the good equipment so you can't blame be who don't follow up when they have genuine reasons.

Anyway back to open minded, that goes to both sides.

Actually listening to each person, taking in the history of the person and the area of so called reports. Even taking time to talk to that person nicely can generally give you the feel of is this person being genuine or not.

We've all got to stop the slanging matches at each other. I'd love to have BF proved to the world if it meant they were all kept safe and free from harassment and none are hurt in this discovery.

I guess others would like to add some things they'd like to see added.

BTW NW as soon as I saw the name Dean I had to laugh, was it a real encounter? did you speak to the person or did it come from a certain site?

As for reading other peoples sightings I don't bother on here and as for werewolf sightings...... let's just say I have my ideas and what I think about those I always remember the phrase "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all."

Years ago though, I did read one report from the US I can't remember where and it sounded like what we would normally perceive as a 'werewolf' or as a dog faced BF. Either way it was a story that if I was nearby I most definitely would have followed up as a researcher.

I think that I need to pay attention to the role my sense of humor plays in my posts. It seems that my somewhat jokey nature is getting in the way of the debate and setting people off. Not my intention for sure.

I DO have an open mind toward this stuff. I would be thrilled to see any cryptid proven. I agree that none of us know everything and that many possibilities exist in the world. I can totally side with you on this point.

Where I struggle with this issue is much like sakari and others have mentioned. There is a lack of conclusive evidence to support it at this time. I will add that caveat as a sort of olive branch and an acknowledgement that we don't yet have enough information to close the book on this topic.

What I will not do however is take this lack of evidence, this unknown quantity, and allow it to function as a blank check for believing all sorts of things.

If we are being honest and open here, then this is one of the things that irritates me the most about believers in crypto phenomenon. The sort of mindset that "we don't know everything so, that makes my outrageous claim likely and believable" is dangerous and foolish. I know that this is not how all believers think, so if it isn't you then don't take offense. I have seen this attitude plenty of times here in the forums.

I'll try to keep the snark out of my postings as it seems to do more harm than good. Thanks for reading.

Edited by orangepeaceful79

It is no more or less valid than any of your claims, Tia. The Daily Examiner is a newspaper from Grafton, NSW.

Hi !

Cheers!

Terry

See even the scientific world can't answer what I have. They definitely ruled it out as something normal and want more footage

If he thought it was a known creature he would have said straight away it's a wallaby because of xyz. Or it was moon light reflected off rocks etc. Why would he question me on movement and such and ask for better footage unless he believed this was something that needed further investigation

You are misreading his reply, Tia. Below is a still from your FLIR footage and your interpretation of it:

yowieblob.jpg

He did not rule it out as something anything in or out. The “image” in the FLIR footage never moves hence his question: “Have you seen these "beings" bending over or moving around?”

A better question would be: “Why did you not go to where the “image” was and see/photograph it for yourself?” There were other people with you that night, Tia. If it was a real creature then it would have moved and you may have had some actual evidence.

The need for open-mindedness does not only apply to skeptics – it even more so applies to “believers” who supposedly know the truth despite evidence to the contrary. Remember Tia - you never doubted the Yowie Hunters (even promoting a recording of a supposed Yowie vocalisation by local hoaxers Nigel and Jeannie Francis as genuine - http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30409&st=0&p=3348296&hl=yowie%20vocalisation&fromsearch=1entry3348296) until you're recent falling out...

No werewolves in OZ. Might be some Werewombats?

Edit: Or weredingos!

Edited by Atlantia

Orangepeaceful, I agree with you on not taking everything as true just because I personally believe in certain things I still judge every ones account separately. As NW rightly points out I use to believe in a certain group until I found out that a lot of lies and hoaxing went on.(This is where the falling out started, once they realise you've got things on them you're targeted.) NOT all members though to say that would be unfair to the genuine researchers.

Why didn't I try to get movement, because the fool that filmed that piece never told anyone not even his partner that he had something or even he thought he had something. If he had I would have done what I could to get movement but considering our drop off and the darkness I wouldn't have gone out to break my neck. It actually took me a week to pinpoint exactly where this footage was filmed anyway it was further away then first thought but I have absolutely no fear of my HGs in concern to my safety and being near them so that wasn't the reason. You're showing a still, there is movement in the footage just not enough to judge by, once again the fool should have said something or kept filming until the HG got up, you can't blame me for something I knew nothing of at the time.

The next email..

Hi !

We've tried analysing your FLIR clip but there's not enough movement to make a determination.

Please let me know if you get anything more definitive.

Cheers!

Terry

Notice he said there's NOT ENOUGH MOVEMENT meaning yes they did see movement, he did not say no movement at all, so mute point NW.

And yes people can judge anything I say as I will also judge others but if I was hoaxing would I have bothered sending this footage to the person you yourself choose as the expert?

Stop turning everything on me and go and pick on the real liars you know very well who they are, and have yourself been personally harassed by them so stop taking it out on me.

Edited by Tia