Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts

docyabut2

I have seen so many shows on Ghosts.Most of the cases are of dead people who once lived in the homes. I just can`t believe some spirits would hang around a place for hundred of years.And there are the non human demons, who in the heck are they?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• kitone1

• booNyzarC

• _Only

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have seen so many shows on Ghosts.Most of the cases are of dead people who once lived in the homes. I just can`t believe some spirits would hang around a place for hundred of years.And there are the non human demons, who in the heck are they?

It's hard to say for sure what the non-human demons are, but there's quite a bit of evidence that suggests they are from hell or someplace similar.

It's hard to say for sure what the non-human demons are, but there's quite a bit of evidence that suggests they are from hell or someplace similar.

I do believe people can tap into the past.Could they just be animals that once romed the area, they say they growl and scatch.

Edited by docyabut2

If you can believe a possibility that someone had a connection to a place in their mind, and maybe all of our minds can somehow be connected in some way, there could be the idea that people are "remembering" something someone who has died is "remembering" in that place. Not going to pretend I know that that's what's happening. Just know it can kind of strengthen theories of both believers in ghosts, and those who think it is just all in people's heads.

But it's a pretty out-there idea.

Or they say humans can make these dark demons outside of them selves from their negitive energy, can they be lelf behind?

I think that ghosts hang around exactly as long as the people around choose to believe that the "paranormal" things they see and hear are attributable to ghosts. Ghosts are figments of our imaginations. If we (humans) stopped believing, there wouldn't be any ghosts.

I think that ghosts hang around exactly as long as the people around choose to believe that the "paranormal" things they see and hear are attributable to ghosts. Ghosts are figments of our imaginations. If we (humans) stopped believing, there wouldn't be any ghosts.

Ghost sightings are interesting.My daughters took me out last month for dinner and some dancing at a bar up in Mich.The Lake Eire Parnormal Society was there doing an investication of the claims of people seeing a man`s ghost and bottles, glasses flying in the air.They think it was a previous ouner, a farmer who died when his tracker ran over him and is mad because a bar was built on his land.It was so interesting talking to the group.Of course we can`t find out the results of the investication only by going back and asking the owner of the bar.

So certain, and yet you come to a site called Unexplained Mysteries. Interesting.

If you can believe a possibility that someone had a connection to a place in their mind, and maybe all of our minds can somehow be connected in some way, there could be the idea that people are "remembering" something someone who has died is "remembering" in that place. Not going to pretend I know that that's what's happening. Just know it can kind of strengthen theories of both believers in ghosts, and those who think it is just all in people's heads.

But it's a pretty out-there idea.

good idea:)

Where is any evidence?

I really would like to see some.... :yes:

I agree with this, and there is more evidence to point this direction.......Not sure why I said more evidence, there really is none for a ghost.

So certain, and yet you come to a site called Unexplained Mysteries. Interesting.

The interest in " Paranormal " does not mean we have to believe everything, just seeing and reading what people perceive, and describe, and believe is interesting to most of us.

There must be hundreds of replies stating why " skeptics " are here, and even quite a few topics.There is also a topic for " skeptics " to post experiences they had.

Not all " skeptics " are here just to argue, or through someones belief in something out the door, most of us are here to discuss.I would think this site would be pretty boring if this could not be done, and could also be very dangerous to some people asking for help on certain things.

Some of the topics are interesting also, and are explained in the end after discussion..

Edited by Sakari

My views and beliefs are constantly evolving as I absorb new information. A year ago I would have been on the other side of the fence honestly. And truth be told I came to UM a believer in paranormal things. If anything UM showed me that all the things I had previously considered to be proof of the paranormal could easily be explained, and that realization upped the bar for what I consider to be evidence. Thus my skepticism was born.

Someday maybe evidence will be gathered and studied and some of the things i am skeptical of will be proven to exist. I'll happily change my mind. I miss believing in paranormal things. The world is a more fun place when its full of real ghosts and bigfoots and mokele mbembes. :)

I'm not a skeptic because I like p***ing people off. I don't even like conflict. I just have a requirement for evidence and data that didn't exist in me before I came to this site. So in reality, all you believers around here created a skeptic. ;)

My views and beliefs are constantly evolving as I absorb new information. A year ago I would have been on the other side of the fence honestly. And truth be told I came to UM a believer in paranormal things. If anything UM showed me that all the things I had previously considered to be proof of the paranormal could easily be explained, and that realization upped the bar for what I consider to be evidence. Thus my skepticism was born.

Someday maybe evidence will be gathered and studied and some of the things i am skeptical of will be proven to exist. I'll happily change my mind. I miss believing in paranormal things. The world is a more fun place when its full of real ghosts and bigfoots and mokele mbembes. :)

I'm not a skeptic because I like p***ing people off. I don't even like conflict. I just have a requirement for evidence and data that didn't exist in me before I came to this site. So in reality, all you believers around here created a skeptic. ;)

Now that is a awesome reply, and I would like to steal it....Only I can't say a year ago, more like 5-10 years ago, for most things.( depends what it is, Bigfoot, Ghost, etc. )

You really should not have to explain yourself, none of us should have to.Although your explanation goes over well, and actually fits most of the other " explanations " people have had to post to explain " why they are here "

:tu:

I'd like to echo Sakari's appreciation for this particular post. Very well said orange. :tu:

Where is any evidence?

In people's heads. This would be the loosest possible interpretation of the word "evidence", but it's something. What that something is is the question.

Ghost sightings are interesting.My daughters took me out last month for dinner and some dancing at a bar up in Mich.The Lake Eire Parnormal Society was there doing an investication of the claims of people seeing a man`s ghost and bottles, glasses flying in the air.They think it was a previous ouner, a farmer who died when his tracker ran over him and is mad because a bar was built on his land.It was so interesting talking to the group.Of course we can`t find out the results of the investication only by going back and asking the owner of the bar.

To add, I know the bigfoot thing has proven to be hoaxs, however ghosts I not really convinced, there are sure are a lot of unexplained happenings. I do believe people can tap into past events as in recordings,and maybe spirits do hang around for a while. I believe my Dad did and he gave us some signs.

Here is the frist sign what do you think, just coincidences?

The night before my 89 year old Dad died, my Son asked him to give us a sign when he passes. Those two were always playing jokes on each other.A week later we had a memorial service in his back yard with tents and one tent had this picture of him smileing with flowers all around and a vidio of his life.Right in the middle of the service this big storm came and blew all the tents down, but the one that had his picture not even the flowers blew away.A tree fell on my Son`s truck park in front and crush it:0 The three local news stations came out and took pictures.They took a picture of my Dad and blew it up the size of the whole screen on all three stations reports that night on the news of the incident.

I could`nt get over it so much as the storm as maybe a sigh,but Son sure did:):) but in seeing my Dad smileing and like laughing at us on all three television stations:):) We added the footage to his life`s vidio tape and titled it, JA JA`s sigh.

The second sign the following Christmas, My Dad was the kind of person if I wanted anything he`d run out to find it for me. So Christmas night I asked him to light up this little cystal tree he had given me with batteries.but it had no batteries in it.I said Dad you have given me everything in life that I had ever wanted, if your aware light up that tree. In going to bed I thought that would be totally imposiable, so when I got up to get my coffee on christmas day the next morning, I noticed something flashing behind me it was that little tree all ligt up and flashing.

The next sign and I told no one of my askings.My Dad used to leave coins in our shoes when we were kids when he went to work,so I asked him Dad if you aware put some coins in my shoe.A week later I forgot all about it and one morning I got up an there were coins laying by my shoes I asked hubby did you dropped any coins? and he said no, not thinking much of it I went to my daughter house and I felt something in my shoe. I took my shoe off and there were some coins in my shoe. So what do you think coincidences or what?

Edited by docyabut2

Where is any evidence?

I really would like to see some.... :yes:

You're already a non-believer, Skari. Nothing would be "evidence" for you. I sometimes feel sorry for people like you, since your mind is already closed.

You're already a non-believer, Skari. Nothing would be "evidence" for you. I sometimes feel sorry for people like you, since your mind is already closed.

What kind of a nonsense answer is that?

Are you saying that you must already believe in order to be convinced by evidence?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Are you a faith healer too?

Opps I must have double posted :)there are other signs, the morning my best girl friend died and I did`nt know she had died, my door bell rang I went to the door and there was no one there.

Asked and answered. You don't believe they hang around because they don't. The non-human demons are figments of over active imaginations.

Edited by JohnSmith22