Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious MoD UFO poster disappears

One of the best UFO photographs ever taken was hung on the wall at the MoD for several years.

It was said to be one of the best photos of a UFO, and a poster-size image of it hung on a wall of Britain's Ministry of Defence. But then, at some point between 1991 to 1994, it vanished, gone, never to be seen again.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROGER

• Purple Octopus

• Wandering

• marshall2442

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, no copies or photos of the photo floating around on the net then?

I have been digging around a little.

Here is a UFO Digest article with a picture - however it looks like it's just a representation and not an original.

I have been digging around a little.

Here is a UFO Digest article with a picture - however it looks like it's just a representation and not an original.

looks like a piece of electrical tape stuck to a window :hmm:

looks like a piece of electrical tape stuck to a window :hmm:

I'm not sure the hikers carried around a spare pane of glass just for the lolz! :lol:

Edited by Wandering

I'm not sure the hikers carried around a spare pane of glass just for the lolz! :lol:

No, but I imagine that anyone wanting to fake a UFO photo might.

this is very old news and not worth mentioning

this is very old news and not worth mentioning

Really? You're telling the owner of the site what and what they should not post?

Really? You're telling the owner of the site what and what they should not post?

I believe he was stating his opinion, if thats ok with you?

Well, whether it was worth mentioning or not - I doubt the poster or the actual photo/negatives will ever surface. Probably destroyed or locked away for a very long time. It is a typically British thing to do though...hang some top secret stuff on a wall until someone realises it shouldn't be there.

Well, whether it was worth mentioning or not - I doubt the poster or the actual photo/negatives will ever surface. Probably destroyed or locked away for a very long time. It is a typically British thing to do though...hang some top secret stuff on a wall until someone realises it shouldn't be there.

:lol:

It's probably there somewhere. Or ET came and abducted it! :alien:

whomever posted it is irrelevant news is supposed to be "new".

A lot of these "OLD " stories are re-posted because every year new members join , some of which haven't heard of this incident. Other wise this sight would quickly run out of material.

whomever posted it is irrelevant news is supposed to be "new".

news/n(y)o͞oz/

Noun:

Newly received or noteworthy information, esp. about recent or important events.

Note the key words there.....

Interesting anyway. Who would expect that something hanging on the wall of an office is anything important? The perfect place to put something! In plain sight! Still, I suspect it's been put in the relevant security section of the MoD and will only been seen by those who have clearance to do so.

I always wonder, how do you even get clearance to do so, does everybody have it who is important? Does the Queen? Does the PM? Interesting.... Sigh, if only I could enter the MoD :( It'd be so interesting.

Edited by Troublehalf

We still talk about things that happened hundreds of years ago that aren't solved, so why not discuss things like this? Get over it.

Anyway I hadn't heard of this and I find it interesting, so am gonna read some more about it.

And Nick Pope is now so desperate for media exposure that an MOD office makeover equals a major cover-up.

Truth be told it was probobly that one with 'I WANT TO BELIEVE' on it and it was an ironic nod to X-Files.

I wasn't aware of this so I'm glad it was posted. Also the article was published 03/19/2012 so it is still new...

It was said to be one of the best photos of a UFO, and a poster-size image of it hung on a wall of Britain's Ministry of Defence. But then, at some point between 1991 to 1994, it vanished, gone, never to be seen again.

Quite a prediction I would say? Don't these guys say never say never?

We better call Scully and Muldner !

After the last movie they aren't talking to each other any more. :alien:

After the last movie they aren't talking to each other any more. :alien:

Wait! Wha- :o

I haven't seen that movie yet...crud...

I believe he was stating his opinion, if thats ok with you?

And I was stating mine. That O.K. with you?

This was NEW to me...Good post...would loved to have saw the pic tho