Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Since I was asked to...

Seraphina

As some people may know, I was asked last night to visit a graveyard, after dark, on the promise that I would be able to "call out" the spirit of a recently departed relative, and perhaps catch sight of some other spirits, or....what was it...red eyed demons? Prancing about after dark, on their way to happy hour tongue.gif

Since the member in question is currently PMing me for my results, I might as well post them here, partly because I can't be bothered poking my inbox every couple of mins, and partly because it gives other people a chance to share their thoughts, and any experiences they might have had that contradict mine.

That, and I intend to be as sarcastic as possible.

9pm - got off my first day of work. My mobile phone wasn't working, so I wasn't able to phone for a lift...however, I was pleased to see my lift was actually parked right outside waiting for me...obviously, this means the spirits I was soon to be visiting were sending signals to my parents, telling them I was ready, to counter the evil electrical impulses sent by those red eyed demons, disrupting my phone tongue.gif

About 10pm - arrived at grave yard, with a few friends who have far too much free time, and decided to join me on my morbid exercise. Three of our number (myself included) went off to find graves of loved ones, each accompanied by a buddy as a witness (or just to chat too if the dead were feeling particuarly lazy tonight). By request, I paired off with my friend Shady, as I knew him to be quite capable of, should any demons come to assault me, subduing them with well placed one liners, and the occassional jab about their lack of nether regions.

About 10:10pm - located the grave of my late grandfather, and asked him to come out for some after dark merriment. When this did not work, Shady made a promise of taking him to a local club to hook up with some girls who didn't mind extreme decomposition.

Unfortunately, neither my own request, nor the promise of his first humping in about a decade were sufficient to get my grandfather to show.

10:50 - Over the course of the next forty minutes, numerous attempts were made to rouse my grandfather from his hibernation. None of them were successful, and neither Shady nor myself experienced anything that could be described as supernatural. There was no drastic change in temperature, no moaning from the darkness (unless you count my friend who paired off with her boyfriend), and no materialisation of puffy white humanoid clouds, bearing messages from beyond the grave (although I am pretty sure another of my friends lit up some pot at one point...this would, of course, have great significance on how seriously I'd take him when he reported back to me at the end of the hour).

11pm - we met up again at the cars, and all reported that nothing out of the ordinary had occured. Someone did mention that they noticed their backside becoming significantly colder at one point, but as Shady pointed out, being dumb enough to sit on stone in the middle of the night will do that to you tongue.gif

None of us reported noticing any hovering red lights that may have been these alleged "demonic eyes", nor did we have any halluc...uh..I mean...nor did we notice the souls of other dead folk out for a stroll.

All in all, it wasn't a very productive hour tongue.gif I am also forced to conclude that, after three examples in my expiriment all failed, the chances of finding demons and ghosts in a graveyard after dark probably various with the amount of alchohol you've consumed, or whether or not you can tell the difference between a ghost and a bunch of teenagers hanging around after dark conducting paranormal expiriments rolleyes.gif

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Phenomenon

• Babs

• blazer2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And not one picture Sera ,

I would have expected a little hard factual evidence from you .. : pokey toungey outey gif:

darn my preference for fast reply .

If I thought hard evidence was required for a report that claims to have found nothing, then I would have taken some tongue.gif I considered this entire process insulting, and fully expected the result I got.

Now, if I'd actually claimed to have seen something on note, THEN I can understand the requirement for photos tongue.gif

As a scientist you understand that sometimes an experiment may yield something and sometimes it dosen't , but proof the actual experiment exsisted is still required .

At this point all we have is your word and and the alleged word of somebody called Shady . Very dodgy ....

I think you should head back tonight and this time take photos : pokey outey oh you all get it :

Edited by Kismit

You may have been confused at the time of happy hour. Ghost, as a matter of fact, exist on a different plane of existence, and may come out at say, 4:30, for the most part.

That might not do much good, given I don't have a scanner...

I do, however, have five other eye witnesses who could (and would) vouch for the events of the night, and describe exactly what I did *shrugs* And, if you were really desperate, Talon would also vouch for the fact that I left with them.

I also described my expiriment in a manner that (sarcastic thought it is) would be conducted in the exact same manner by anyone who red it, and would very likely yeild the same results. That is the standard practice for any lab report.

When I am doing a report for Uni, they don't require me to photograph my test tubes to prove I did the expiriment tongue.gif It's not the only way to verify that an expiriment took place...hard proof simply isn't required to publish your results, not unless the results obtained were absolutely ridiculous or unexpected.

This is actually starting to sound like some kind of evil plan to get me to post pics of myself on the boards huh.gif

Lol Seraphina in that case I shall write up a report of an evening vistit I had at a cemetary in my youth ....

9:30pm : Myself , Leanne and Chris decide we shall undertake a trip to the cememtery. Finish beer , then leave .

10:15 : arrive outside cemetery , where I declare my self " Not scared " . Finish next beer and climb over gates . landing in a feminen and lady like fashion on inside of cemetery . Wander quietly why people insist on locking ghosts in ? and ask for another beer to be passed through the gates .

10:18 Leanne and Chris declare themselves also to be " Not scared " and jump gate . Chris lands well as he is sober and responsible , Leanne lands in a no way near as lady like manner as myself .

10:20 :walk toward the center of the cemetery ..

10:21: turn around and discover I'm all alone

10:21:and 1/2 : turn and run screaming and crying in a lady like and feminen manner

10:19: arive back at vehicle ( I can run damn fast when I want ) . phew need another beer .

Results : No idea drunk and panicked, absolutely useless really . tongue.gif

and no photo's

Edited by Kismit

Doesn't need photos...since you didn't make any bizaare claims of seeing a ghost or whatnot, I'll take your word for it tongue.gif

I had a similar experience to this once...back when I was young and stupid, and a bunch of friends dared me to walk up a really long (and privately owned) road that was opposite my house years ago...insisting they'd be behind me.

I've come to realise that, when people swear they'll be "behind you", that usually means "about one hundred yards behind you tongue.gif"

I tend to agree with Snuffy on this one. Maybe you should go back at a different time. Maybe 10:00 p.m. was a bit early for the ghosties to come out and play? tongue.gif

You're right...I forgot how particular corpses are tongue.gif

I can't see the point in an experiment of this sort if you aren't going to take it seriously. I mean, why did you bother, Seraphina ?

I can't see the point in an experiment of this sort if you aren't going to take it seriously. I mean, why did you bother, Seraphina ?

270083[/snapback]

It was for the fans Athlon, for the fans.. tongue.gif

If you weren't serious, could that have been one of the reasons you never noticed anything paranormal in the graveyard? wink2.gif

Just curious! grin2.gif

Or could be as I said before, it may have been to early for the ghosties to come out. tongue.gif

post-7651-1095469996.jpg

Edited by earthygirl04

Good job on your experiment Sera.

I think I know where the experiment went awry:

In my opinion ghosts and ghouls only appear in a cemetary if the viewers have had several beers under their belt...I'm talking the good stuff too; no Budweiser.

Disembodied spirits are drawn to pretzels as well, so keep that in mind...

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Lady Sera,

I saw a movie once where this girl would go into a cemetary and lay down flat on her back on a grave. She claimed she could 'feel' the vibes of the dead. Perhaps you should try this procedure. Just talking to the grave isn't much good. You have to communicate with the dead on their level...which I believe is horizontal. Good luck. I agree with Kismit...you should at least take a picture of your grandfather's tombstone to prove you were there...of course I believe you but.....well you know what I mean.

I saw a movie once where this girl would go into a cemetary and lay down flat on her back on a grave. She claimed she could 'feel' the vibes of the dead. Perhaps you should try this procedure.

For that we'll need pictures, lots and lots of pictures whistling2.gif

Seraphina...I can't believe you've actually done this. grin2.gif I think an open mind and serious attitude would help. Take pictures. You might get orbs or mists, a camera can pick up what the human eye can't.

Good luck....I hope you find what you are looking for.

I agree with Kismit...you should at least take a picture of your grandfather's tombstone to prove you were there...of course I believe you but.....well you know what I mean.

Exactly....pics would prove I WENT there...wouldn't prove the expiriment actually took place tongue.gif They're a bit of a moot point...anyway, like I said, don't have a scanner anyway.

My own opinion of the expiriment is irrelevant if the outcome is going to be something clearly observable, such as the manifestation of a "spirit". If it's there, I would have seen it...

Besides, I had a total of six people there, each of which with their own thoughts and opinions (one of whom got high huh.gif) who saw nothing also...blaming the outcome on my own opinion is a pretty weak leg to stand on tongue.gif

The reason I bothered, in any event, is because the person who asked me to do this annoyed me. They made a ridiculous claim, and a ridiculous guarentee, and I felt the need to indulge them for the sole purpose of showing them to be incorrect.

You haven't proven anything except maybe something to the individual that challenged you. To me the only thing you have proven is that you have a closed mind to the paranormal. (But I already knew that tongue.gifgrin2.gif )

Try some more experiments if you really are interested....really delve into it. Many here take the paranormal, seriously.

Edited by Babs

Try some more experiments if you really are interested....really delve into it. Many here take the paranormal, seriously.

I take the paranormal very seriously indeed tongue.gif I often take most of the so called "experiences" on this site with a pinch of salt, but for the most part I'm open to the possibility, so long as the account is plausible and/or evidence is offered.

What I didn't take seriously is the following...

go to a grave yard at night i promise you that they are there try to talk to them some stay here for a other reason that reason i cant tell you why

Seraphina come on go try it please see befor your self im not gona lie to you take a few of your friends with you do not go alone because you just might end up paying the price

i promise you they will come when you call them just watch out for the things with red eyes that might be there

oh yes and whenever you go to the graveyard tomorrow night watch what ya say there because a ghost just might follow you home good luck

This....is not a serious claim, it's childish stupidity tongue.gif It's this challenge that my expiriment was addressing....although quite frankly Babs, I don't see much point responding to you, since I'll probably just end with a "Ghost of Bush's great grandfather 2004!" tongue.gif

Moe gives props to Seraphina for attempting said experiment. An open mind is a good thing to have, especially when dealing with topics of such nature. Moe only has one suggestion for the Lady Seraphina.

Next time, she should drink an entire bottle of Nyquil. This will gaurantee her many sightings to write about. wink2.gif

grin2.gif Admittedly, that is funny. But I do think it is terrific_ you going to a graveyard at night to conjure up deceased relatives...or trying to see spirits. I hope you continue your quest and maybe you can tell us more about fascinating and interesting things that might occur. If nothing else, it sure is entertaining.

I mean you can't expect the paranormal to fall in your lap in one day....that's like going to school for one day and expecting to get an education.

hmm....make it a frequent thing, eh? Well....I suppose I could do that...I would, however, require some more material...can't just catalogue my exploits in a graveyard over and over, no fun tongue.gif

Perhaps some suggestions on things I can make similarly sarcastic reports on? huh.gif