Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Since I was asked to...

Seraphina

aquatus...you were talking about photography. Photography is my husband's hobby...he even had a showing once and is pretty good. original.gif He has taken millions of pictures and he told me that he doesn't know what the red and green on his photos are. But I can tell you this_ some red and green photos are hanging up at the ghost tour house in Gettysburg and the ghost tour house is saying this is paranormal activity. These are 'the ghosts of Gettysburg.' ph34r.gif

They have ghostly photos on the walls taken by customers and visitors... and paranormal investigators. Several different colors show up along with orbs and streaks....very interesting.

Oh, and someone was talking about ghostly activity showing it's face at 3:00 am.; this is what I have read, but ghosts and paranormal activity show up in the day time too. But it seems that more activity is at night, maybe because people have less to do and can let their imaginations run wild. ....Na! tongue.gif ...don't think so.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Phenomenon

• Babs

• blazer2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But it seems that more activity is at night, maybe because people have less to do and can let their imaginations run wild.....Na!  ...don't think so.

Babs, you surprised me, and then ruined it. crying.gif

Actually, most research agrees that 3am is the time at which the mind is most prone to feeling the effects of lack of sleep. You're more likely to be less aware of your surroundings, and to find yourself unsure of what's actually going on tongue.gif

But...thats the time I think im really attractive.....

All makes sense now.... laugh.gif

3am is usually the time I start thinking about bed, and find myself stumbling into the bath instead.

Sere, here is a suggestion, most spirits or whatever you choose to call them will most likely manifest themselves either where their lives ended(especially if it was a vilolent or unexpected death.) or where they were comfortable in life. Try going to these places to contact your grandfather. yes.gif Edited by high moon priestess

*gorans* Did nobody even read the story? I wasn't trying to contact my grandfather...I believe my grandfather is dead, and even if there was a possibility of having him pop back up for a little while, I'd much rather let the poor old guy have some much needed rest tongue.gif

The point of my journey was to disprove some absolutely ridiculous claims made by another member, that ghosts were wandering around a graveyard at night in some kind of midnight party, while being watched by red eyed demons (who I assume were there for the free drinks, and buffet table).

It was not my intention to prove, or disprove, the existance of ghosts. If that had been my intention, then I would have picked a far less cliche place for the ghost to manifest...for example where actual hauntings had occured, and I would have taken far more than a single sample tongue.gif

But it seems that more activity is at night, maybe because people have less to do and can let their imaginations run wild.....Na!  ...don't think so.

Babs, you surprised me, and then ruined it. crying.gif

404316[/snapback]

grin2.gif

Actually, most research agrees that 3am is the time at which the mind is most prone to feeling the effects of lack of sleep. You're more likely to be less aware of your surroundings, and to find yourself unsure of what's actually going on tongue.gif

404357[/snapback]

What research geek.gif ...could you supply us with any?

Yes the woods are scary, I went down to the woods last night and got a huge surprise... I went down to the woods last night, and couldnt believe my eyes.......

Teddy bears picnicing..... twas very scary.......

• 5 weeks later...

I hate to dig this thread up out of the tombs tongue.gif but....

I have come across something in a John Keel book that gives me the answers to the questions that I have had through-out this thread.

John writes:

Most people are running around with crude biological "crystal sets" in their heads and are not consciously receiving any of the sophisticated signals. However, about one third of the world's population possesses a more finely tuned instrument. These people experience telepathy, prophetic dreams, and other bizarre signals from some central source. If you are one of that 30 percent, you know precisely what I mean. If you belong to the larger, ungifted two-thirds, you probably regard all this as nonsense, and we may never be able to convince you otherwise.

I know exactly what John is talking about and I know there are others here on the forum who know exactly what he is saying too.

I also see John talking about some of the others tongue.gif ....aquatus, Seraphina etc. etc.. wink2.gifgrin2.gif

He also believes that UFO's are not aliens, but Gods.... WHo put things like Vampires, Werewolves and such here as a test, and that the men in black are real, and able to wipe memorys from our heads. Are you willing to back him up on that?

grin2.gifcool.gif Yeah.

...seriously, did you read 'one' of his books?

Edited by Babs

John Keel says quite a few other things with the same breath that he used to say that little tidbit. But like every other believer, he just doesn't back himself up. Frankly, being told that my 'crystal set' is out of tune is right up there with being told that I am close-minded, that I am not gifted, that I am an unbeliever, and that I am a member of a secret group dedicated to silencing people who know too much (that one gets a little confusing). It sounds, quite frankly, like sour grapes from people unwilling to believe in something simply because they believe.

John Keel says quite a few other things with the same breath that he used to say that little tidbit.  But like every other believer, he just doesn't back himself up.  Frankly, being told that my 'crystal set' is out of tune is right up there with being told that I am close-minded, that I am not gifted, that I am an unbeliever, and that I am a member of a secret group dedicated to silencing people who know too much (that one gets a little confusing).  It sounds, quite frankly, like sour grapes from people unwilling to believe in something simply because they believe.

450215[/snapback]

laugh.gif what??..That last line...what??

John Keel isn't simply a believer, he is a knower. He has experienced UFO's. He has had many sightings. He distinctly says that the government and the CIA are not trying to cover the UFO phenomena up.

That quote from his book, WHY UFOS, has answered my questions. It's true....

Edited by Babs

People believe in all sorts of things. Some believe in Deities, some believe in Santa, some believe not washing their socks through the whole season will guarantee them a victory. Belief is not something that needs any sort of support or through knowledge in order to exist. It simply does, for whatever reason the mind has decided it to be so.

There is a system, however, that can be used to verify credibility and validity. It has been so successful since its inception a mere 500 years ago that it has, for all intents and purposes, replaced the faith-based system of credibility that held sway the millenia before it. That system is science. Using science, one can winnow out personal faith, belief, and bias, and get down to the simply, pure, imperical and objective fact. This system has such great authority and accuracy, that there is a sort of envy that has grown about it. Faith based beliefs, once happy to simply exist by themselves, suddenly found themselves longing for the credibility that acceptance by science would give them. It almost became a shame of sorts, a mark of lower status, to be considered unscientific.

You can see this in many of the comments made by some of the members here. There is this earnest push to find support for whatever they believe in. There is this attempt at validation, at meeting the requirements, or at least the pretense of meeting the requirements, so that science might give it the nod of validity. Unfortunately, these requirements are high and difficult to meet, and the faithful tend to fall short. So they shrug, and sniff, and wonder why they could possibly want to do with science anyway. If science won't accept them, then it simply means that science is close-minded, or that its followers are just don't have 'the gift'.

It smacks a bit of sour grapes. If people believe in these things, there is no reason to present evidence. Simply believe, that is all that is required. If you start trying to present evidence, then you will have to go all the way, and frankly, that is a real chore. Accept that what you believe is not scientifically supported, and bite the bullet. It may be real, it may not be, science doesn't say either way. No need to apologize, no need to say that 'Those scientists just don't get it." Be assured, we get it. We just don't believe it to be scientific.

I understand and agree with that aquatus. This paranormal stuff may be real but it isn't scientific. That doesn't bother me.

This paranormal stuff is real. I don't worry about science they can catch up. grin2.gif

An article for you: here

Not bad. Some stuff I agree with. Some I don't. A significant portion of it is just ignorance on the part of the author (Conservation of Angular Momentum is a perfectly acceptable answer to the Ice Skater question. Simply because the author calls it 'long, impressive words' and doesn't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't explain what is happening. It's called Fallacy of Ignorance: a logical fallacy based on assuming something is untrue due to not understanding it.).