Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Search for Amelia Earhart Starts Again

Karlis

The search for Amelia Earhart will resume this summer in the waters off Nikumaroro, an uninhabited island in the southwestern Pacific republic of Kiribati where the legendary pilot might have died as a castaway. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spectre1979

• Simbi Laveau

• Mr.United_Nations

• spud the mackem

I don't know how long it's been since anyone has truly searched on such a massive scale, but it will be interesting to find out whether technology will allow them to find what they seek.

My mom used to talk about her all the time when i was a kid.

This should be interesting.

Yep,I would like to see the mystery cleared ,but she was a very silly girl,maybe fame overpowered her,and she just HAD to carry on or "loss of face" would have resulted.You learn at a very early age not to put yourself in harms way,like dont ride a bike at night with no lights on wearing black clothes.I wouldnt have gone across the English Channel in the plane she was flying,Of course if she had succeeded she would have become the number 1 Pilot of all time..R.I.P.Amelia...

Yep,I would like to see the mystery cleared ,but she was a very silly girl,maybe fame overpowered her,and she just HAD to carry on or "loss of face" would have resulted.You learn at a very early age not to put yourself in harms way,like dont ride a bike at night with no lights on wearing black clothes.I wouldnt have gone across the English Channel in the plane she was flying,Of course if she had succeeded she would have become the number 1 Pilot of all time..R.I.P.Amelia...

She wasn't silly, she was brave and the aircraft was designed by Clarence Johnson who went on to work for Skunk Works as a head leader for the SR-71 Blackbird.

While they're at it, why not renew the search for the last royal Russian family's remains? Or in other words...this could be a big waste of time.

If they couldn't find her within hours/days after her last transmission, what kind of remains do they think they'll uncover?

Seems silly to reopen this case but, yea ok. They're gonna do what they're gonna do I suppose. :/

And when they`ve done that they can look for Lord Lucan . Just what is the search procedure/time-lapse for missing people ?

No doubt it will be another "The Secret of Al Capone's Vaults", but I'm sure the Discovery Channel will sell some good air time and it will be somewhat entertaining - everyone wins!

Not Gillespie and Nikumaroro again.

Of course they've found artifacts on Niku - the place has been inhabited in one way or another for well over 100 years. It's not the deserted island that Gillespie claims. It was a standard stopping point for whalers throughout the 19th century and there was even a British base on the island for several years in the 20th century. There were even women who lived there.

I hope they find her, they need to find the plane first.

Probably be found on Ebay :lol:

• 1 month later...

Don't see the point, she's not exactly going to look pretty...

I believe I saw a doco where a relative of Earhart was told at the end of the war, by Admiral Nimitz, that the Japanese had captured her, but to keep that info mum..

I believe I saw a doco where a relative of Earhart was told at the end of the war, by Admiral Nimitz, that the Japanese had captured her, but to keep that info mum..

I saw a doco where they alleged that same thing and that some soldiers (or whatever) had seen the plane and documents. Also a woman claimed to have witnessed Earheart and her co pilot being executed and buried. They dug for a while and found cloth supposedly which was her blindfold. I'm kinda 50/50 about that.

Edited by Spectre1979

• 4 weeks later...