Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing family in Eufaula, Ok.

caligirl75

Has anyone heard about the family of 3 that went to view some property and were never heard from again? Their jackets, wallet, purse and cell phones were in the car aling with the dog. Some hunters came across the truck and alerted police. The police also found $32,000 inside the truck. They have used cadaver dogs and had many searches involving several agencies including the FBI...but to no avail. They even featured ut on the cable series, 'The Missing'' and there were some interesting activities and theories...but they were in the mountains and took a dirt road...there were no other tire tracks or footprints. The woman also owned a gun which was also in the car...untouched. What's your theory? Just odd about all their personal belongings, the dog, the gun and the money being in the truck. Strange things happen in this world.

• Like 1

While there really aren't any 'mountains' in Oklahoma, it is pretty hilly around Lake Eufaula, and there are large areas that - if not wilderness - are pretty much undeveloped...

It is possible that the family got lost and died in the 'boonies' - and just haven't been found... It is also possible that they came across a 'weed' farm and were 'disposed of'... Marijuana has been called Eastern Oklahoma's No. 1 Cash crop, and they have used the National Guard in the past to search out and destroy the fields... People have disappeared from time to time...

This is a photo of the general area wher ethey went missing... As you can see it is pretty much wilderness...

The area is actually a few miles South east of Lake Eufaula and is in the Ouachita Mountains area (mountains being a relative term)...

Ouachita is pronounced "Washitaw"

ouachita.jpg

• Like 1

googled..

Bobby Jamison, his wife Sherilynn, and their 6-year-old daughter Madyson have gone missing. They haven't been seen since October 8 near Red Oak, Oklahoma, and police now fear the worst...

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

@ Taun...,I suppose they may have gotten lost. Isn't there old mines and places where they have drilled? Do you think they could have fallen in a hole or something due to unstable ground? Whatever the situation, I hope they will be found..at least for their relatives sake. I cannot imagine how the family must feel.

• Like 1

@ Taun...,I suppose they may have gotten lost. Isn't there old mines and places where they have drilled? Do you think they could have fallen in a hole or something due to unstable ground? Whatever the situation, I hope they will be found..at least for their relatives sake. I cannot imagine how the family must feel.

A lot of old coal mines in that general area... it would be a bit odd for ALL of them to fall in... Though of course they might have wandered in and gotten trapped... Still, if they were 'out exploring' they would have taken the dog with them, plus some of the items left in the car (GPS device comes to mind)...

Kind of weird that there is no recent information on this(that I've found anyway) ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They must of saw or heard something and started to run, maybe someone threatened them or some sort of animal chased them into the hills.

They must of saw or heard something and started to run, maybe someone threatened them or some sort of animal chased them into the hills.

The weird thing to me is, if they were out walking around, why was the dog still in the car?..

Could they have met someone and put the dog in the car because it didn't like them?

• 3 weeks later...

Unless the dad had another car waiting at the site with his familiy's new passports and tickets to Austrailia where he could access/hide from the millions he embezzled no one knows about yet.. :devil:

ok that was dumb.

Edited by Framling
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

After months of looking over any available, credible material relative to this case, my conclusion is not who is responsible , but WHAT...

• Like 2

According to the sheriff (from that Discovery ID episode on the case) it's apparent by the facts and circumstances, including the location and position of the family's truck on that narrow road leading into that location of where the family had previously been, that the Jamison's were in the process of leaving when they were prevented from doing so.

Edited by regi

Found this interesting article from 2010 on another forum. It was originally a NewsOK article. I am quoting the entire story here only because it cannot be accessed in its entirety after 60 days without spending money...

WILBURTON — The Sans Bois Mountain range holds many secrets, from Prohibition-era stills to Indian Territory legends of cave-dwelling outlaws. A recent mystery centers on the dark and bewildering disappearance of a Eufaula couple, who told their minister they were being haunted by demons and spirits.

Nearly seven months have passed since Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson, vanished from those mountains. Investigators have encountered a maze of possibilities when studying the family’s history, leaving open every scenario from murder to the staging of their own deaths.

Interviews with friends and relatives, court records and letters the Jamisons left behind depict a family in turmoil.

"Normally, you can go through an investigation, and one by one, start to eliminate certain scenarios,” said Israel Beauchamp, Latimer County sheriff. "We haven’t been able to do that in this case. With this family, everything seems possible.”

The Jamisons were last seen alive Oct. 9 by a local man as the family was looking for a plot of land for sale. Eight days later a hunter reported the family’s abandoned pickup at a well site in the mountains northwest of Red Oak.

Inside the locked, four-door pickup with the keys in the ignition they found Bobby Jamison’s wallet, his wife’s purse, a cell phone, a GPS unit, clothing and $32,000 stuffed in a bank bag beneath the driver’s seat. They also found Maizy, a family dog barely clinging to life.

There were no signs of a struggle.

"The dog was eating its own feces to stay alive,” Beauchamp said. "Why would anyone leave their family pet like that? Doesn’t make sense. Then again, nothing seems to make sense about this case.

"A lot of investigators would love to have as many leads as we do. The problem is they point in so many different directions.”

A topographical map of the mountain hangs in his office to remind him of the unsolved case. Lines crisscross the map, documenting the four massive searches that involved hundreds of volunteers, horses, mules, four-wheelers, 16 teams of cadaver dogs, helicopters and even an unmanned drone.

The 31-year-old sheriff, a former U.S. Army Ranger and drug officer, needs little reminding. His mind is consumed by questions and theories.

"Throughout this whole process, I’ve found myself going back and forth as to what might have happened,” Beauchamp said. "I’m at my wit’s end. I have asked for all the help I could get — 12 FBI agents, three OSBI agents, Troop Z (of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol), private investigators who have contacted me. I even belittled myself to the point where I listened to psychics.”

Demons and spirits

Gary Brandon, a Eufaula pastor, told investigators the Jamisons were engaged in spiritual warfare. He said Bobby Jamison told him he often saw "two to four spirits on the roof” of their lakeside Eufaula home.

Once, Bobby Jamison called Brandon to inquire whether there were "special bullets” he could use to shoot the spirits, the minister told investigators. He told the pastor he was reading the "satanic bible” for a natural remedy.

Investigative notes show Sherilyn Jamison told Brandon there were "three to four spirits” in the house, including children named Michael and Emily, and that Madyson often talked to Emily’s sister — a spirit that had wings. Sherilyn Jamison wasn’t afraid, though. She believed she had the gift to cast out demons.

Graffiti on a massive storage container outside their home also prompted questions. One message reads: "3 cats killed to date buy people in this area … Witches don’t like there black cat killed.” Beauchamp said the family planned to live in the container once they acquired mountain property.

Beauchamp said the paranoia could suggest an addiction to drugs, but has found no evidence they were users or dealers. Ruling out the role of drugs in the family’s disappearance is another issue.

The circumstantial evidence can’t be ignored, the sheriff said. Both had lost substantial weight in the months before vanishing. They carried large amounts of cash. And a security camera mounted at their house showed them moving in what Beauchamp described as trance-like motions.

"On the video sometimes they would just stop and stare,” Beauchamp said. "It was strange.”

Connie Kokotan, Sherilyn Jamison’s mother, now wonders about a comment Bobby made last summer.

"They were having financial trouble,” said Kokotan, 59, of Midwest City. "Bobby told Sherilyn, ‘I know where I can get the money, but I won’t involve you.’ But if they were involved in drugs, I never saw any.”

Kokotan lived with the family between March and June last year. She described her daughter as bipolar, and said Bobby Jamison lived with back pain from an automobile wreck in 2003.

"Sherilyn was a very strong-willed person, but I saw her change dramatically,” Kokotan said. "She became very illogical. One day she drove me to Oklahoma City and dropped me off on the street. She told me to, ‘Get ... out of my car.’ So I did.”

Murder-suicide?

Investigators have ruled out nothing, including murder-suicide. An 11-page letter from Sherilyn Jamison to her husband was found in the pickup. Beauchamp described it as "a hate letter” in which she derides him as a "hermit.”

Eufaula police found another letter in their home that dwelled on the spiritual realm of death.

"They were certainly a family obsessed with death,” said Beauchamp, adding that a .22-caliber pistol registered to Sherilyn Jamison is unaccounted for. Kokotan said she was with her daughter the day she bought the pistol "informally” from a Muskogee man.

"I think someone killed them, and they’re still up there,” Kokotan said.

Investigators entertained the idea the Jamisons staged their deaths. They owned two timeshares in Mexico and several across the United States, Beauchamp said. None have been used since they vanished.

Foul play?

Motives for murder are abundant. Beauchamp said that’s why every possible scenario remains open — robbery, revenge, a bad drug deal, even a professional hit.

A collective portrait of the family led investigators to conclude they were "scammers,” Beauchamp said. Both had been receiving disability checks. They were plaintiffs in at least two civil lawsuits, including one against Bobby Jamison’s father, Bobby Dean Jamison.

"We were told they were also planning to sue the Eufaula School District,” Beauchamp said. "Over what, I have no idea.”

One family friend questioned by investigators stayed with the Jamisons in Eufaula until being asked to leave at gunpoint.

"He had the barrel stuck in his ear by Sherilyn,” Beauchamp said. "At first you think, ‘Great, here’s someone with a motive.’ But the FBI cleared him.”

A man who lived a quarter mile from where the pickup was found is the last known person to see the family as they ventured up the mountain. He, too, was questioned.

"The man claimed he never saw the family after that,” Beauchamp said. "Nor did he see anyone else go up or come down.”

A security camera at the Jamisons’ home offered another possible clue. Before the trip to Latimer County, investigators saw Sherilyn place a brown leather briefcase in the pickup. The briefcase was never found.

"I think it might have held a lot of cash,” Beauchamp said. "I’ve gone back and forth on this thing, but my latest theory — based on how the truck was parked and what was found in the truck — I think they were forced to stop and got out of the truck to meet with someone they recognized. And I think they either left willingly or by force.

"What happened to them after that is a mystery. Will we ever find them? I sure hope so.”

• Like 1

I think the family is in hiding with new id's. The US Marshalls are involved in this.

Lady Kasey.. what you posted certainly raises some flags... Based on that I would be tempted to say that they may have been so 'out of it' that they killed themselves and their child...

But a drug deal gone bad is another distinct possibility... If the briefcase they reportedly had was full of cash to buy drugs (or the otherway around) it would explain why it was never found... whoever killed them kept it...

Not sure why the vehicle was locked with the key in the ignition and her purse (spare key?) there... Either they were forced out of the car (no apparent sign of struggle), or got out and knew they were not getting back in...

But they definitly seem to have been acting a bit 'odd'...

I really feel bad for the child...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What an odd case to be sure. The footage of them acting strange on their property is intriguing along with them acting strangely and telling their Pastor their home was basically haunted.

Their little dog was left in the truck. 30 grand was found under the truck seat.

Someone knows- or knew- what happened to that family, and whoever it was didn't know- or if they did, they didn't care- about the money, or the little dog.

Lady Kasey.. what you posted certainly raises some flags... Based on that I would be tempted to say that they may have been so 'out of it' that they killed themselves and their child...

But a drug deal gone bad is another distinct possibility... If the briefcase they reportedly had was full of cash to buy drugs (or the otherway around) it would explain why it was never found... whoever killed them kept it...

Not sure why the vehicle was locked with the key in the ignition and her purse (spare key?) there... Either they were forced out of the car (no apparent sign of struggle), or got out and knew they were not getting back in...

But they definitly seem to have been acting a bit 'odd'...

I really feel bad for the child...

Seems it was like a deal of some sort, they may have locked the car in order to prevent the seller or dealer to get away. The demons could of been the gang watching them in thier home.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this case?

Not really, but I found a video that gives some extra info I haven't read in this thread yet:

[media=]

[/media]

Some old videos from just after their disappearance :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHj4R-3SNhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9pSWVP1foo&feature=related

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

The picture of the little girl captured on the cell phone made me feel creeped out the lady who is friends with the mother is right the child looks scared also the child looks away from the camera like she is looking at something. This case has so much info yet so little leads.

Is it me or does the child look like she is staring at something that is scaring her?

• Like 1

The picture of the little girl captured on the cell phone made me feel creeped out the lady who is friends with the mother is right the child looks scared also the child looks away from the camera like she is looking at something. This case has so much info yet so little leads.

Is it me or does the child look like she is staring at something that is scaring her?

With a mother like she had (has?) I can imagine the girl is scared sh1tless.

• Like 1

the following blog makes a good case as to why they disappeared, concluding that they are safe and left by their own free will (read the comments too)

http://keepthesearch...jamison-family/

however, leaving the dog, the 30k and the picture of the daughter by the rocks - these things don't make sense to me, leaving me to doubt the above conclusion. The writer believes that it is to make it seem more convincing that they just disappeared, but these measures seem a little unnecessary and OTT

Edited by baking
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think as a rational human being we can all agree that people generally don't drive into the vast wilderness with $32K cash unless they are running away from someone. Drug use, drug dealing, and other illegal activities, in my opnion at least, is a very plausible reason for the disappearance of this family. I just don't see anything "paranormal" about this. The fact that the idea of demons and evil spirits is even being considered in regards to this case saddens me.