Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing family in Eufaula, Ok.

caligirl75

I have several theories, as do many people, and I'm sure something with prove me wrong. However, from what I can tell, I have re-searched this a little, my most prominent theory is that the family did indeed 'disappear'. Meaning that through one circumstance or another they needed to leave and start an new life. The fact that they left all personal belongings, their purses, car, even their dog, indicates that they needed to remove all trace of their identity before leaving. The reason that this is my main theory is because most of the others are flawed, if it was a 'tragic accident' then why would they have left all of their possessions? If they were being chased then why get out and run on foot? A car would be much faster. Murder? There would be signs of a struggle, traces of blood, impressions where the bodies would have fallen. Hit squad? I have no reason to believe that they were professionally killed, and there would also be signs of struggle, and why leave the dog?

A point that I have picked up on which seems to back up my theory is the fact that strangely there is no reward out for information as to the family's disappearance; maybe they don't really need to know where the family has disappeared to. Maybe the family really has started a new life somewhere?

I have several theories, as do many people, and I'm sure something with prove me wrong. However, from what I can tell, I have re-searched this a little, my most prominent theory is that the family did indeed 'disappear'. Meaning that through one circumstance or another they needed to leave and start an new life. The fact that they left all personal belongings, their purses, car, even their dog, indicates that they needed to remove all trace of their identity before leaving. The reason that this is my main theory is because most of the others are flawed, if it was a 'tragic accident' then why would they have left all of their possessions? If they were being chased then why get out and run on foot? A car would be much faster. Murder? There would be signs of a struggle, traces of blood, impressions where the bodies would have fallen. Hit squad? I have no reason to believe that they were professionally killed, and there would also be signs of struggle, and why leave the dog?

A point that I have picked up on which seems to back up my theory is the fact that strangely there is no reward out for information as to the family's disappearance; maybe they don't really need to know where the family has disappeared to. Maybe the family really has started a new life somewhere?

My main problem with that is that the dog was locked in the truck and they left $30+K in cash in the truck... If they were planning to disappear - and didn't want to take the dog - they most likely would have left it where it had a chance at survival... and not taking the cash makes no sense as cash is pretty handy to have if you are on the run (particularly if you take your family with you), and it's harder to trace than credit cards or checks....

• Like 1

My main problem with that is that the dog was locked in the truck and they left $30+K in cash in the truck... If they were planning to disappear - and didn't want to take the dog - they most likely would have left it where it had a chance at survival... and not taking the cash makes no sense as cash is pretty handy to have if you are on the run (particularly if you take your family with you), and it's harder to trace than credit cards or checks....

This is a good point. I'll take a shot at the dog one first; leaving it would be dangerous to them, it could follow, possible alert people to the family, though I don't understand why they wouldn't have just left the dog at home? Then again I read something about the father taking about 'spirits' or something in his home? The guy could be irrational? If he really was fearing for his life then he might not be in the mind to let the dog out. The whole situation is puzzling, the cash may have been meant to be given to someone, but instead they chose to leave everything and run? They were 'scammers' according to several articles I have read, maybe the money was stolen? I find it odd that there was nothing anywhere about the withdrawal of the money from their accounts, even if they did it gradually they police would have picked up on it...If you find anything about this could you point me in the right direction, I'm hooked on this case at the moment! Actually, you've prompted another theory! Thank you very much!

Okay, so this is a little strange and I'm not sure if anyone has considered the possibility, but... Maybe the father was the one responsible. As in, he took his family out into the wilderness, killed them, or just lead them out far enough that they got lost. He could have been suffering from innumerable mental health issues, possibly his wife too. Could it not be possible for one of them to be the perp? I know this idea is really out there and so, so flawed, but its just...I can't even! I'll think on it some more...

This is a good point. I'll take a shot at the dog one first; leaving it would be dangerous to them, it could follow, possible alert people to the family, though I don't understand why they wouldn't have just left the dog at home? Then again I read something about the father taking about 'spirits' or something in his home? The guy could be irrational? If he really was fearing for his life then he might not be in the mind to let the dog out. The whole situation is puzzling, the cash may have been meant to be given to someone, but instead they chose to leave everything and run? They were 'scammers' according to several articles I have read, maybe the money was stolen? I find it odd that there was nothing anywhere about the withdrawal of the money from their accounts, even if they did it gradually they police would have picked up on it...If you find anything about this could you point me in the right direction, I'm hooked on this case at the moment! Actually, you've prompted another theory! Thank you very much!

Okay, so this is a little strange and I'm not sure if anyone has considered the possibility, but... Maybe the father was the one responsible. As in, he took his family out into the wilderness, killed them, or just lead them out far enough that they got lost. He could have been suffering from innumerable mental health issues, possibly his wife too. Could it not be possible for one of them to be the perp? I know this idea is really out there and so, so flawed, but its just...I can't even! I'll think on it some more...

Well... That's certainly no worse a theory than any other I've heard...

I very much think though that they are all dead now... Though I am pretty sure they were either killed and buried - or lost in an abandoned mine... mainly because the searchers would have seen buzzards circling had they died and been left in the open...

According to the sheriff (from that Discovery ID episode on the case) it's apparent by the facts and circumstances, including the location and position of the family's truck on that narrow road leading into that location of where the family had previously been, that the Jamison's were in the process of leaving when they were prevented from doing so.

Rather than retype, yes, I quoted myself!

I want to add...

The GPS on the phone found inside the truck showed that the family had not been in that location for very long. (That was the second location they'd been to.)

Their coats were in the truck. Indeed, the photo of Madyson showed that she likely left her coat in the truck when that photo was taken. In the photo, her arms are crossed which to me indicates that she was chilly.

Anyway...

Beauchamp's theory follows the evidence; they were leaving the area when they were stopped.

That all of their belongings- including their pet- were in the truck shows that either they didn't intend to leave the truck for long, or they left unwillingly.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

The home security video of the family is very eerie. The investigator said that each family member walked back and fourth from the house to the truck at least 20 times each and not once did they direct attention to each other nor were they carrying items to the truck every time. At certain times they would just stop walking and stare out at nothing for a time and then continue walking. The mother of one of the victims was actually the one who bought the security system for her families protection.

I don't buy that they wanted to disappear. Why leave all that cash in the car?

Both of the parents don't seem to have been mentally healthy. All of the demon/spirit talk, wanting to buy guns to kill demons and wanting to live in a storage container out in the wilderness plus the weird security footage at the house and the pic of the girl looking scared is disturbing. I wouldn't be surprised if both parents were suffering psychosis. Perhaps they took their daughter and wandered off into the woods and either got lost or one of the parents committed a murder/suicide.

• Like 1

Both of the parents don't seem to have been mentally healthy. All of the demon/spirit talk, wanting to buy guns to kill demons and wanting to live in a storage container out in the wilderness plus the weird security footage at the house and the pic of the girl looking scared is disturbing. I wouldn't be surprised if both parents were suffering psychosis. Perhaps they took their daughter and wandered off into the woods and either got lost or one of the parents committed a murder/suicide.

I can see your point. My heart aches for that child what horrors she must have gone though :(

I have to say, this is probably the way I would look at this too. The videos seem to show some mental health problems. The mum was already suffering from bi-polar and apparently was on and off her medication. My sister suffers from bi-polor and I know it can be diffifcult to get the drugs right, so being on and off them could definitely make her unstable.

The dad was saying he saw demons. Now I am not saying everyone who sees ghosts are mentally ill but watching the way the family were, I'd say if it wasn't a mental problem, maybe some kind of physcosis brought on by drugs? (if they were involved in some kind of drug smuggling it would probably be tempting for them to try them).

Its all very strange but if I had to put money on it, I'd say they went up there to check out the place thinking they would move there and then got out the car and for whatever reason wondered off and either got lost or trapped somewhere. If they didn't have a lead for the dog maybe they left it in the car not wanting it to run off itself and get lost. And yep the girl looks scared to me too, but if mum and dad were acting weird and took you out to a place in the middle of the forest, talking about living there (especially if saying things like "to get away from demons") I can totally understand why she was scared.

• 7 months later...

Holy cow! It looks like the whereabouts of another previously missing family is now known.

It appears that the Jamison's bodies have been found.

http://www.kjrh.com/...ly-from-eufaula

The article says the bodies were sent away for identification. Have they confirmed the bodies belonged to the Jamison family?

The article says the bodies were sent away for identification. Have they confirmed the bodies belonged to the Jamison family?

Skeletal remains can only be positively identified by dental records or DNA.

Skeletal remains can only be positively identified by dental records or DNA.

Yes I know, But have they got any id back on the skeletal remains yet to your knowledge?

Well, it says the remains were that of two adults and a child...chances are it was them. I wonder if they ever investigated the Handy Man who threatened to kill them? He was a native american according to one of the relatives, he might've known the area well and with his knowledge of the site, may have known it well enough to erase traces of a crime? Also, he probably was aware of their financial status and had easy access to their home and belongings. I think there are 3 possible scenarios.

1. They were murdered by the handyman as he had previously threatened and he took advantage of their mental instabilities and ran off with the money.

2. They were involved with drug dealers, trusted the wrong people and got killed.

3. They got lost? This is the least likely IMO simply because if this is their remains, they were found awfully close to where their vehicle was. I suspect foul play.

• Like 2

Well, it says the remains were that of two adults and a child...chances are it was them. I wonder if they ever investigated the Handy Man who threatened to kill them? He was a native american according to one of the relatives, he might've known the area well and with his knowledge of the site, may have known it well enough to erase traces of a crime? Also, he probably was aware of their financial status and had easy access to their home and belongings. I think there are 3 possible scenarios.

1. They were murdered by the handyman as he had previously threatened and he took advantage of their mental instabilities and ran off with the money.

2. They were involved with drug dealers, trusted the wrong people and got killed.

3. They got lost? This is the least likely IMO simply because if this is their remains, they were found awfully close to where their vehicle was. I suspect foul play.

The only other viable scenario (IMO) is murder/suicide... One (or both) of the parents "lost it" and killed the others then themself...

(That just leaves bigfoot and space aliens - so....)

• Like 1

Yes I know, But have they got any id back on the skeletal remains yet to your knowledge?

To my knowledge, no, and that's why I used words such as looks like and appears in my post.

At this point, it would be premature and irresponsible if authorities stated anything other than they think or believe the remains are those of the Jamison's. They've been careful with their language and so was I.

Edited by regi

There's interesting info. at the following link.

The most disturbing is that there was a protective order Bobby Jamison filed against his father for incidents occurring 11-1-08 & 4-29-09.

Also, (what I think is of interest) a photo of the truck interior shows a prescription pill bottle and as I recall, the prescription was for the handyman, but the FBI considers the handyman's alibi as being solid.

(I don't recall the source for that info.)

http://okmpjamisons.weebly.com/photos.html

• Like 1

Considering the latest reported opinion from OSBI, there was evidence at the scene that strongly indicates murder/suicide and I recall that a gun was considered missing, but still, I personally never for a moment thought this case was one of murder/suicide.

The following article contains comment from Bobby Jamison's uncle re: the recent developments.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57612942-504083/skeletal-remains-found-by-hunters-in-okla-could-belong-to-jamison-family-missing-since-2009/

• Like 1

Here's an early article in which the sheriff mentions a brown briefcase that they believed should have been in the truck but was absent. I wonder if it was found at the discovery site. (I'm impatient and anxious for news.)

Re: the video w/that article, that Red Oak police chief was right on. :nw:

http://newsok.com/eufaula-familys-fate-remains-mystery/article/3458228

The home security video of the family is very eerie. The investigator said that each family member walked back and fourth from the house to the truck at least 20 times each and not once did they direct attention to each other nor were they carrying items to the truck every time. At certain times they would just stop walking and stare out at nothing for a time and then continue walking. The mother of one of the victims was actually the one who bought the security system for her families protection.

i tried youtube , but dont know if there is a video of the home secuirty footage???/

It's reported that they were looking for land to buy and then to move onto it and live in a container... that strikes me as "survivalist" mentality, and could easily explain why

they were carrying so much cash ... to purchase the land - cash leaves less of a trail than a bank draft or electronic transfer... So I'm starting to think drug-deal related death is

out...

If I had been that priest who they had told of the 'spirits on their house', I think I would have reported them to mental health authorities before it got to the "what is the best bullet to use againsst them?" stage...

• Like 3