Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghost and shadow people what do they want?

graybeauty

Something strange has happen to me.it all begin when i was 14 now im 22.i use to see a ghost.when i woke up in the middle of the night i could see him.he always sat on a chair beside the fridge. he had blond hair with an orange shirt with the number 22 or 23 on the back, and beige coloured pants. he never bothered me. i would see him about 3 or 4 times a week always at night.there are other things i saw too.i use to see shadow people.when i looked out the window i could see them.they were three men wearing black clothes.always standing up watching me.i saw those things for a year and a half . after i moved i never saw the shadow people or the ghost but the strange thing is the day before i moved out. the ghost came and sat on the bed beside me when i was sleeping. he kissed me and then i looked at him i was scared and then he dissapeared.its been 7 years since this and still think about it everyday.i wish there was an answer to this.its strange but i miss seeing the ghost. i wish he would come back.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nyuk

• coldethyl

• _Only

• BlueLotusDemon

They might want to feed from your energy. They sometimes try and create negative vibes so you argue more or feel angry or frustrated. Just tell them to go away and buy a nice bright pocket torch as they hate light.

How do you know that they may have not been angels sent as protection for you? I know it can sound foolish but maybe the men in black were the unfriendlies and the orange shirt was an angel to protect you from them.

Maybe it was just a hallucination.

Ppl are more prone to hallucinate in the middle of the night.

Maybe you should keep a dream diary and try and start lucid dreaming.

Ive read quite a few posts bout shadow people.

But ive never read any which mention any kind of interaction.

Seems like they just observe people from the posts ive seen.

Maybe the guy in the shirt was a family member who felt protective toward you.

Have you thought about describing him to your family ?

Perhaps they could shed some light on the subject

Maybe you should keep a dream diary and try and start lucid dreaming.

That's what I was going to say. Might be able to bring that ghost sitter back.

I would say that if you want your ghost friend to come back you should stay up for at least 36 or so hours watching shows like ghost hunters or ghost adventures. The combination of sleep deprivation, suggestion, and over stimulus of your peripheral nervous system should be enough to generate a hallucination like a ghost. Whatever you do, don't put up cameras and try to document the phenomenon - ghosts, like many paranormal things, absolutely despise any device or methodology that would result in real evidence of their existence being collected.

maybe you were the only person to notice and pay attention to him (The guy in the oragne shirt) and pehaps he was saying goodbye.....as far as the shadow figures go..just because something is in shadow doesnt mean that it is evil. Perhaps shadow spirits are those who are still too frightened to show themselves.

Ive read quite a few posts bout shadow people.

But ive never read any which mention any kind of interaction.

Seems like they just observe people from the posts ive seen.

The shadows i see make it a point to interact with me. They seem to enjoy scaring the hell outta me, by rushing up at me fast i can feel something almost like a static shock run through my whole body and i jump back yelling at them to stop! It's hard to sleep at night anymore. I guess they mess with me because they notice that i noticed them and they know it bothers me...

Edited by BlueLotusDemon

The shadows i see make it a point to interact with me. They seem to enjoy scaring the hell outta me, by rushing up at me fast i can feel something almost like a static shock run through my whole body and i jump back yelling at them to stop! It's hard to sleep at night anymore. I guess they mess with me because they notice that i noticed them and they know it bothers me...

Thanks for your info Blue Lotus,

This is the first time ive ever read about any interaction at all.

Hope they dont mess with your head too much :unsure2:

Edited by nyuk

Hey, fear starts and ends with you, right?

Who's to say some shadow rushing up in your face isn't saying hello? :P

I would say that if you want your ghost friend to come back you should stay up for at least 36 or so hours watching shows like ghost hunters or ghost adventures. The combination of sleep deprivation, suggestion, and over stimulus of your peripheral nervous system should be enough to generate a hallucination like a ghost. Whatever you do, don't put up cameras and try to document the phenomenon - ghosts, like many paranormal things, absolutely despise any device or methodology that would result in real evidence of their existence being collected.

All my life I've had shadows come into my room. Sometimes I can feel someone sitting on the bed beside me, and on one occassion they tried to smother me.

Maybe, there are some spirits of your loved ones. As you said, he kissed you. So, I don’t think that they don’t want to tease you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your info Blue Lotus,

This is the first time ive ever read about any interaction at all.

Hope they dont mess with your head too much :unsure2:

No problem, i probably could write a short book on my encounters with the shadow beings & i'll try not to let'em mess with my head too much although, that maybe to late for that my heads pretty messed up as it is, Lol! :blink:

Hey, fear starts and ends with you, right?

Who's to say some shadow rushing up in your face isn't saying hello? :P

True, you have a great point here _Only.

Maybe he/she was only trying to say hello, i might should try saying hi back. Lol! ^_^

I reckon it would be a really extreme way to say hello ;)

Just imagine how anyone would react if some stranger came right up to them simply to say hi :)

I thought "shadow people" were what meth addicts saw during their long periods of sleeplessness.

I also heard that they whisper to you. And if you see one behind the refrigerator and move it, they just jump behind the stove. :blink:

I thought "shadow people" were what meth addicts saw during their long periods of sleeplessness.

I also heard that they whisper to you. And if you see one behind the refrigerator and move it, they just jump behind the stove. :blink:

I'd hope the OP wasn't into that at 14.

The OP just PMed me with something I sed in general and I don't see anything bad in here.

Good Lord now I've got to hunt and figure out what I've said.

I'm a Paranormal Investigator. I have been investigating almost 15 years now. I have investigated many haunted locations from museums, historical buildings, battlefields, castles, lighthouses, restaurants, historic prisons etc; I'd like to share my opinion on what I think shadow people are.

First, a good Documentary to watch is Children of the Grave. Its a bit dark, but the theories are very interesting and have some great point of views. They discuss their opinion about shadow people.

Another suggestion is to read material by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. She's been studying shadow people for sometime.

http://www.visionaryliving.com/category/shadow-people/

Just because they appear in shadow forms or dark mass does not always mean it is negative. One theory of mine, which many others share is that in order for a ghost or spirit to manifest they need a source of energy. Depending on the greatness of them drawing the energy around you, it can leave traces of a cold spot or even heat signatures. Investigators also agree that they can manipulate or use the Electromagnetic Field to manifest. I feel if a ghost or spirit appear dark or shadow like is because they cannot gather that much energy. Therefore the figure appears like a dark mass or shadow.

Another debate is that is it possible in order for them to manifest and appear like a solid form or in human figure they bend the light. Kind of like the idea of camouflage or shape shifter's. Because they cannot fully cross over to our dimension, this is why we see different forms like mists, shadows, light phenomena etc;

Again... just all theory. Just some suggestions. I always tell my clients to inquire about an investigation before you know for sure what it might be. Its best to know what your dealing with before you make any kind of guesses.

Just my two sense! :tu:

Ecto76-

Thank you for your write-up. I’ve seen several of Rosemary Ellen Guiley YouTube presentations, all very informative. I still need to purchase her book. The documentary you recommend, Children of the Grave, I’ll watch tonight at home.

Regarding your research on Shadow People, do you have any first hand experiences?

Seven of Seven started a thread titled “Those Who’ve Seen the Hatman/Shadow People: What Do They Have In Common?” She started it Feb 2011, and in 14 months it has grown to 56 pages. If you’re really interested in the Shadow People/Hatman phenomenon, recommend that you start on page 1 and read the entire subject.

I read it last September, once I began reading I couldn’t stop. A lot of first hand testimonials and, thankfully, very little “soap opera.” 7OF7 has (is) doing a pretty good job of keeping everyone on subject.

Link: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=200056

Looking forward to any additional inputs you mat have on Shadow People.

@ 77Barracuda ... if your user name is named after the classic car, I love the Barracuda! I'm partial to the 71 - 72 version though. Both had convertible or hard top option! I watched the movie Phantasm and that movie got me to fall in love with that car! :)

Regarding my input, yes actually I have had first hand experiences. I happen to work in a haunted office building. I believe it is haunted because of two reasons. There was a maintenance employee that died and loved working there. He spent 24:7 of his time there. The land is historic in our area. There were Indian burial ground nearby and a historic Quaker Meeting House. There's a historic church with an extremely old cemetery across the street. There was also a farm on this land before the building was put here.

I work the 2nd shift. 3:30pm - 12:00am. I'm a Security Guard there. We have our own garage for parking. One night I parked in the lower level. My turn signal bulb had blown so I decided to try and replace it before I left for the night. The garage was very dark. The only lights on were the emergency lights but they are spread out and scattered. Nothing but shadows cover the floor and walls of the garage. As I had the hood open to my car and continued to work on my turn signal, something kept drawing my attention to the corner of the garage. Of course I parked near the end of the garage. I also heard a noise off in the distance that was unfamiliar to me. Mind you, I'm the only person in the garage. No cars are in sight but mine. The Security Guard who relieved me is at the desk and the maintenance man left for the night already. There are no employees either.

Finally after turning my head to the corner where the strange noise occurred, I see a dark shadow figure moving slowly past an exit door. There is an emergency light hover above the exit sign and this is the only light visible. As the figure passes the exit door the light gave it more form and detail but still transparent like. But once it moved passed the light then it got dark again and vanished into the darker portion of the garage. This was the first time I witnesses a full blown shadow figure. This particular incident is why I lean towards I think they bend the light in some way to appear or manifest themselves. Unless that is just how the light reflected off it? Just not sure. Needless to say, even though I have been investigating for many years this freaked me out. I slammed my hood shut and got out of there in a hurry. I just didn't have a good feeling from it.

However, in my own opinion: Ghosts, Spirits, Shadows etc; Are not always negative. I always tell my clients this and people who have had experiences. Just because you see them differently. Just because they appear abnormal, move objects, leave cold spots, give you goosebumps, this is what I call "normal human reaction". It is something called "fear". We fear the unknown. But because you don't have an answer to what it is does not mean it is negative. Long as no one is hurt or harmed in anyway, its just simply trying to communicate or do something it only remembers last doing. 99% of the time it is a residual energy. Believe me you'll learn the difference between a negative spirit. I've ran into several kinds.

Hope that helps! :tu:

The OP just PMed me with something I sed in general and I don't see anything bad in here.

Good Lord now I've got to hunt and figure out what I've said.

I re-read your post and didn't see anything offensive. the OP was probably just p***ed because you didn't immediately validate their claims of the paranormal. Once people have jumped to that conclusion they seem rather reticent, even hostile about considering other alternatives.