Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcist bishop called in to purge demons

Karlis

Bishop of Monmouth, Dominic Walker, is a trained exorcist. The church works closely with psychiatrists to ensure the people involved are given the best possible care. One of the occasions Bishop Walker has had to carry out an exorcism was on a woman who found herself speaking in three different male voices.On that instance he ruled out a personality disorder, concluding she was in fact possessed by three different spirits. arrow3.gifRead more...

In the last 5 years,the Vatican trained more new exorcists,than in the entire history of Catholicism.

Hundreds of new ones,because they see a growing need.

i could answer the reason as to why this is happening

It's pretty obvious. I'm sure the number of alleged demonic possessions has been rising ever since "The Exorcist" came out in the 1970's. There have been quite a few possession-themed movies in the last few years as well.

• 2 weeks later...

mental illness is a major factor they should try medicine first multiple p[ersonalities might explain this and thats a mental illness one the person might not even be aware they have a demonic like personality or remember anything and most cases that are on file are from a time where they didnt know much of mental illness very well

Edited by Karlis
Tidied up post

• 2 months later...

does any one actually have any truth about exorcism about the boy in st.louis,mo.maybe the kid was being raped .there is so many rape victims from priest all the time.

mental illness is a major factor they should try medicine first multiple p[ersonalities might explain this and thats a mental illness one the person might not even be aware they have a demonic like personality or remember anything and most cases that are on file are from a time where they didnt know much of mental illness very well

They are probably doing it on people who are suffering from dementia.

I will never understand why families don't document these so called demonic possessions for the world to see and understand. Nobody, besides some quack priest, is going to believe them if they can't support their claims.

Edited by paul the walrus

does any one actually have any truth about exorcism about the boy in st.louis,mo.maybe the kid was being raped .there is so many rape victims from priest all the time.

I do know something about the place where the exorcism allegedly happened. I know someone who is a mechanical inspector and has done many inspections at the location which is now public housing for people with psychiatric disorders on public assistance. A little weird in and of itself. Anyway, he is a skeptical person and he says there is something about that place and that every technician he met with to carry out the inspection had a personal story. He said nothing ever happened to him and he never saw anything, but the atmosphere was opressive. Things like that always make me wonder if hauntings or even the things like the original situation that led to the exorcism aren't some kind of natural phenomenon, like electromagnetic radiation that messes with people's perceptions. Stories could fuel the collective recollections to make them all seem the same. Ghost hunters, not the show just in general, make me think this even more, what if the cold spots and spikes in electromagnetic energy are the cause and not an effect.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I do know something about the place where the exorcism allegedly happened. I know someone who is a mechanical inspector and has done many inspections at the location which is now public housing for people with psychiatric disorders on public assistance. A little weird in and of itself. Anyway, he is a skeptical person and he says there is something about that place and that every technician he met with to carry out the inspection had a personal story. He said nothing ever happened to him and he never saw anything, but the atmosphere was opressive. Things like that always make me wonder if hauntings or even the things like the original situation that led to the exorcism aren't some kind of natural phenomenon, like electromagnetic radiation that messes with people's perceptions. Stories could fuel the collective recollections to make them all seem the same. Ghost hunters, not the show just in general, make me think this even more, what if the cold spots and spikes in electromagnetic energy are the cause and not an effect.

Nice, logical without dismissing the alleged phenomena out of hand. In my view reversing the cause and effect allows that type of logical speculation in a lot of cases. Speculation which allows the possibility of the alleged phenomena but puts it in a logical framework which removes both the non-causative superstition and the immediate dismissal of unknowns. I think your idea is worth considering if for no other reason than to get another point of view, one that gets around the typical true/false black/white dichotomy and melds both sides together into a cohesive possibility.

Edited by MacksPower