Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gel that stops beards growing, invented

Still Waters

It's estimated the average woman spends £12,000 in her lifetime in a bid to get silky smooth skin.

But thanks to a scientific discovery shaving could soon be a thing of the past.

A team from the University of Pennsylvania found that a drug, widely used to treat viral infections of the eye, helped stop the growth of unwanted hair when it was added to a rub-on gel.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• Mysterydude551

• JayMark

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am assuming that such a product would cost a tonne of money, seeing as so many shaving product companies would lose a boat load of money providing that this were cheap.

The thread title in the "Recent Topics Added" reads...

"Gel that stops beards growing, invented by Still Waters"

You is gonna be RICH, SW!!! :w00t:

The thread title in the "Recent Topics Added" reads...

"Gel that stops beards growing, invented by Still Waters"

You is gonna be RICH, SW!!! :w00t:

lol!..... I wish!!! :lol:

Hmm... reminds me of the stuff a certain Johann Faust sold to the chaplain of Dorsten Castle... he did not have to shave again for a while either, his face was too blistered...

Sweet, will it work on my back?

I was thinking same. lol

Tip for guys under-18!

Despite what the mirror tells you...No!... your facial hair looks crap. Splash some milk on your face and get a cat to lick it off.

The last time I heard anything about a gel that retards beard growth, it was in one of Philip Jose Farmer's books - I think it was World of Tiers. Science fiction once again becomes reality...

Tibetans have an ancient herbal remedy that does the same thing, but they guard it jealously. A Tibetan lama told me about this himself when he saw how often I had to shave my face. He was concerned that if the formula was shared someone might make money off of it. For all of the incredible wisdom and knowledge he had, this made me think Tibetans have a collective neurosis.

Tibetans have an ancient herbal remedy that does the same thing, but they guard it jealously. ...

aka two smokes and a razor.

lol

Ha ha ,they are now on the razor companies Hit List..loads of "skinheads" will use it..to keep their "Aircraft Carrier for flies flight decks"free from hair....

Yes! Hope this can be released to the public in the near future. I HATE my facial hair and I wish it wouldn't ever grow! I think I would even pay my whole life's savings for this... Maybe.... =P

So Nair or waxing isn't enough?

Try waxing your face :P

i want this product. i hope it goes retail

You shave daily? :unsure2: :unsure2:

Personally I don't want to meet the man who would buy this product, growing hair is part of being a male, it also enables you to have an awesome beard if you want to, anyway there's nothing wrong with a razor blade.

Wow imagine how you can get ride of all that other unwanted hair in places you don't need.

Whatever happened to Electrolysis?

All fine and nice but noone will let you know what side effects are... Typcial media, they will misslead you to some wonder product, 1 week later you develop some sort of scars that is diagnosed god knows what... Media is nowdays even more missleading than ever, because they let you know what you want to know...

There are actually creams that are already on the market and have been for quite a while that reduce hair growth. Not depilatory cream that dissolves the hair, but a moisturizer that when applied regularly, actually minimizes the hair growth over time. I have used it and have noticed a difference over the past couple years. I still have to shave my legs, but they are not as bad as they used to be. I am sure this new product is much stronger though.

I got all excited because I hate shaving. Then I read this. Look at the side effects and what it is actually used for. Maybe the topical treatment isn't as severe?

I very much like my beard. One time at a job interview that included my wife, the interviewer asked me to shave off my beard. My wife said that is her beard and if they didn't want me the way I am they could stuff it. Another boss asked me to shave it off. He had a programe where he paid $500 to bepole who quit smoking. I told him for $500 I would shave it off and put it in a zip lock bag for him. No deal! In High School I was excluded from participating in sports because I had a beard. I had a lady tell me I look like Ghangis Kahn and she likes hairless men. I informed her my wife loves it and my wife prefers real men with hair and balls. Real men don't manscape. Jesus had a beard. Man this put a wild hair up my nose.

I intend to boycott this product! post-9259-0-09672300-1332913015_thumb.jp

I figure that women will take this product for their own and men will simply ignore it. Sort of like fragrances, although I love Polo Black.