Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mega Birds Fly Across The Full Moon Footage

NatureBoff

The wikipedia page you need to read is South Polar dinosaurs

Note that the majority of information we have is from fossils of SE Australia and not Antarctica itself! Incidentally, I believe that the corrosive effect of rainwater and the ocean currnets made channels between the continents which sperated them and *NOT* continental drift. There's *NO* real evidence for plate techtonics if you look at the evidence with a critical eye. (Did water create itself on Earth at this time, or was it all deposited by icey comets??)

In your previous post #78 you inplied that they may have flown all the way to australia. You obviously didnt realize the two continents were connected at the time as your wiki page says. Has it occurred to you fossils are found in australia rather than the antarctic because its not covered in ice?

If rainwater separated the continents then what moves them? It seems you want to move your insane conjecture to a new area.

The wikipedia page you need to read is South Polar dinosaurs

Note that the majority of information we have is from fossils of SE Australia and not Antarctica itself! Incidentally, I believe that the corrosive effect of rainwater and the ocean currnets made channels between the continents which sperated them and *NOT* continental drift. There's *NO* real evidence for plate techtonics if you look at the evidence with a critical eye. (Did water create itself on Earth at this time, or was it all deposited by icey comets??)

I cant believe what I am reading!

NO real evidence for plate tectonics?

How much more evidence do you need other than continental drfit, volcanoes and earthquakes?

Perhaps you explain your reasons as to why there is no evidence?

Sorry tailor but you are going from the sublime to the ridiculous. :wacko:

No, no, no! The wings would move at the shoulder joint in a cyclic motion, not just a fixed flapping motion. The muscles and wing tips only need to move at a speed of around 770mph. This translates to a flight body speed of the same value if the reaction force against the air medium is indeed at a maximum.

You can word it anyway you want, you've still got wings moving at at least 770 miles per hour - cyclical motion, flapping motion, whatever.

You're not making any sense. If the wings tips are moving at 770mph and the flight speed is the same, then the wing tips aren't moving relative to the body. If you're proposing that that the bird's flight speed is 770mph then the wings must be moving through the air much faster than that so now you've made your proposal even more unbelievable. The wing tips moving through the air at 770 mph cannot translate to the entire body of the creature moving that fast. That's physically impossible.

You ever seen a bird fly? The wing tips are always moving much faster than the flight speed gained by flapping them (or whatever made up flying method you are proposing). I was being generous by thinking that you were proposing the wing tips breaking the sound barrier but the bird not actually flying away that fast. You've just dug your hole even deeper.

I'm proposing a new kind of shoulder joint for this species of microraptor (or pterosaur perhaps). I'll scan my explanatory sketches tomorrow hopefully.

Of course you are. Every time an obvious objection is raised for one of your fantasy monsters you have a "proposal" to wave it away.

I cant believe what I am reading!

NO real evidence for plate tectonics?

How much more evidence do you need other than continental drfit, volcanoes and earthquakes?

Perhaps you explain your reasons as to why there is no evidence?

Sorry tailor but you are going from the sublime to the ridiculous. :wacko:

It's a big statement, yes, but one which I can back up with confidence. The mid-ocean spreading which shows magnetic pole reversals is *claimed* to be evidence of plate movement. This isn't the only possible explanation though. The magma wells up and spreads on the stationery plate, yes, but the plate doesn't move! Isn't that a simpler viable alternative??

Here's someone else who has looked at the *supposed* evidence Continental Drift and the Age of the Earth

Conclusion:

In spite of what we have been told by the mass media and "science" publications, there is no strong evidence (much less proof) that the continents have been drifting apart for millions of years, and in fact, the evidence suggests that they split up quite rapidly. There is also no strong evidence that plate movements today could have produced the massive amount of Continental spreading that likely took place during the Flood along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. For such massive plate movements were likely triggered by a large asteroid that hit the earth. It is also doubtful that what caused the continents to separate along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge 25 is still occurring today. And although plate movements still occur, resulting in earthquakes, the evidence seems to suggest that such minor plate movements have only been taking place for the past several thousand years.

Edited by tailormaneinafog

You can word it anyway you want, you've still got wings moving at at least 770 miles per hour - cyclical motion, flapping motion, whatever.

You're not making any sense. If the wings tips are moving at 770mph and the flight speed is the same, then the wing tips aren't moving relative to the body. If you're proposing that that the bird's flight speed is 770mph then the wings must be moving through the air much faster than that so now you've made your proposal even more unbelievable. The wing tips moving through the air at 770 mph cannot translate to the entire body of the creature moving that fast. That's physically impossible.

You ever seen a bird fly? The wing tips are always moving much faster than the flight speed gained by flapping them (or whatever made up flying method you are proposing). I was being generous by thinking that you were proposing the wing tips breaking the sound barrier but the bird not actually flying away that fast. You've just dug your hole even deeper.

Of course you are. Every time an obvious objection is raised for one of your fantasy monsters you have a "proposal" to wave it away.

Slow down a bit and think laterally for a moment. You keep having the image of a regular bird wing movement, but I'm suggesting something different. The whole wing moves down from the shoulder, keeping the wing level from shoulder to tip relative to the body. The upward swing is a straight wing to give minimal air resistance. The motion is *different* to an insect wing in that it rotates onto it's 'underside' for the next wingbeat. The wing turns upside down again and again with each 'flap'. The curvature much change with each beat, in order to achieve the constant lift configuration. See the diagram as a starter point. Think about it a little before posting your response please.

(P.S if I had the money I'd patent this idea for a new flying machine!)

post-94765-0-73130900-1334313856_thumb.j

It's a big statement, yes, but one which I can back up with confidence. The mid-ocean spreading which shows magnetic pole reversals is *claimed* to be evidence of plate movement. This isn't the only possible explanation though. The magma wells up and spreads on the stationery plate, yes, but the plate doesn't move! Isn't that a simpler viable alternative??

Here's someone else who has looked at the *supposed* evidence Continental Drift and the Age of the Earth

Since you can come up with an answer for everything please explain how earthquakes happen if there is no such thing as plate tectonics. I'm sure there are many poor stupid people like me who have no idea what you're even talking about. You don't seem to understand yourself really if you only use continental drift as an explination.

You can slice it or dice it any way you want. You're still proposing a wing that can move at 800 miles per hour. Have you figured out how much power would be required for that and how much muscle mass would be necessary to generate such power?

I do find your posts hilarious. You seem to think that it's somehow scientific to invent an anatomy, evolutionary history, etc. for a creature no-one has ever examined. And when it's shown how what you say makes no sense at all, just invent something else and claim now it makes sense.

And now that you've resorted to using young earth creationism to argue for against plate tectonics, you've hit rock bottom. The article you linked to is claiming that the earth is only a few thousand years old and the site is pure anti-evolution hogwash. How do you square that with the fact that you strongly believe in evolution and an old earth given what you have been posting? There is far more evidence to support plate tectonics than just mid-oceanic spreading and the great thing about it is that like evolution, astrophysics, etc. all the evidence and theories form a consilient grand overall view of the universe.

The plate tectonics you deny actually supports the evolution you support because it allows scientists to understand the pattern of the fossil record over the globe. Not only does geology show that plate tectonics happen, it happens in a way which helps explain the fossil record. You can't take one without the other. They are both part of the modern day scientific theory of the history of planet earth and the great thing is that combined with other sciences like astronomy, etc. they paint a big picture of the universe that has an overall consistency. In science this is known as consilience, when multiple scientific disciplines agree with each other which strengthens our confidence that they are right. You can't just decide to throw out a huge important part of it you don't like because some you tink it doesn't fit with your fantasy supersonic magneto-vision archaic flying reptile (or whatever it is you imagine).

Edited by Archimedes

First of all the moon is not visible at the same time all over the world so that rules out the above theory.

Secondly, Russia has bats too :)

they do no, sir how dare you pontificate that a region as large as russia may have small winged rodents pishaw.....

its wilder beasts definitely wilder-beasts, they hibernate for long periods like 17 years or something and the awaken famished and dying for a chai tea and thus run across the moon.

they do no, sir how dare you pontificate that a region as large as russia may have small winged rodents pishaw.....

Sorry, I wont ever pontificate again about small winged rodents :wacko:

Sorry, I wont ever pontificate again about small winged rodents :wacko:

good glad we have that handled , its silly just silly. now for something completely different....

Slow down a bit and think laterally for a moment. You keep having the image of a regular bird wing movement, but I'm suggesting something different. The whole wing moves down from the shoulder, keeping the wing level from shoulder to tip relative to the body. The upward swing is a straight wing to give minimal air resistance. The motion is *different* to an insect wing in that it rotates onto it's 'underside' for the next wingbeat. The wing turns upside down again and again with each 'flap'. The curvature much change with each beat, in order to achieve the constant lift configuration. See the diagram as a starter point. Think about it a little before posting your response please.

(P.S if I had the money I'd patent this idea for a new flying machine!)

Ho! I've just thought of something even better. I did sketch about the long pile droppings been down from a very low hover, so that the poop is disguised as geese poo or something. (It features on a another thread). I then went back to the drawing board and decided that the wings probably mimick the webbed/feathered foot propulsion. The first three digits of the wing could act as a 'paper banger' configuration. The long tail from the professional photos with lights now makes perfect sense! The tail is wrapped around the perimeter of the flying lizard to give a saucer-like leading edge.

post-94765-0-54067200-1334574130_thumb.j

post-94765-0-32831900-1334574362_thumb.j

Ho! I've just thought of something even better. I did sketch about the long pile droppings been down from a very low hover, so that the poop is disguised as geese poo or something. (It features on a another thread). I then went back to the drawing board and decided that the wings probably mimick the webbed/feathered foot propulsion. The first three digits of the wing could act as a 'paper banger' configuration. The long tail from the professional photos with lights now makes perfect sense! The tail is wrapped around the perimeter of the flying lizard to give a saucer-like leading edge.

Here's the professional photo again

Does the lizard-bird fly with it's tail in it's mouth?

Wow! A connection with the myths!

Ouroboros : or-oh-bor-usPHYSIOLOGY: This is a dragon who holds its tail it its mouth.

HISTORY: First discovered in Egypt, and later in Greece,it is the symbol of the universe. It also is sometimes referred to being the symbol of "eternity" or "never ending". The name Ouroboros means "tail eater".

A similar dragon is his Norse cousin the Midgard Serpent (or here for more info) whose huge body circles the entire world. He was also known for biting his tail, when he was not trying to bite the Norse god Thor, whom was eventually killed by the gigantic dragon.

Find out more about the Ouroboros

Amphisbaena : Am-fiz-bee-nahPHYSIOLOGY: This is a dragon that has two heads, one in the front of the body, and one at the tip of its tail. With one head holding the "tail-neck" it can roll around in any direction in a hoop. It is usually portrayed as having a scaly body, feathered wings, and feet of a rooster. It's name means "one that goes in both directions".

HISTORY: This dragon originates from Africa. Stories say when the female amphisbaena was looking over her eggs, she could keep one head awake at all times. Today, there is a lizard named after this dragon which has markings on its tail that look like a head. When threatened, it lifts its tail and scatters back and forth to confuse its attacker.

post-94765-0-65126200-1334580201_thumb.j

post-94765-0-86691700-1334580208_thumb.g

And so we are on to the next great journey down into your self created world of whatever. There's really no point in making rational comments from the real world in regards to your posts anymore.

It's nothing but a (weather) balloon, half-inflated and with part of some rope and aluminium foil attached to it.

But why even bother? ....sigh....

"Today, there is a lizard named after this dragon which has markings on its tail that look like a head. When threatened, it lifts its tail and scatters back and forth to confuse its attacker."

If this is talking about the worm lizards then whoever wrote this needs to actually google what they look like (as tyhe name suggests they look like a worm believe it or not) and they really do not run back and forth to confuse an attacker. Also it is not a single lizard species but a whole suborder of squamates. I also feel the need to point out that worm lizards do not fly and have never flown.

Edited by silentforce

So we've gone from a giant underwater swimming owl that flies with its wings stretched outward in a saucer shape and flies upside down with its head turned 180 degrees, gone through some iterations and complete changes of heart to a giant supersonic flying lizard that can flap its wings so that the wing tips can travel 770mph and flies with its tail stretched around its body and with the end of its tail in its mouth.

Mr.-in-a-fog, do you really wonder why everyone is laughing at you?

So we've gone from a giant underwater swimming owl that flies with its wings stretched outward in a saucer shape and flies upside down with its head turned 180 degrees, gone through some iterations and complete changes of heart to a giant supersonic flying lizard that can flap its wings so that the wing tips can travel 770mph and flies with its tail stretched around its body and with the end of its tail in its mouth.Mr.-in-a-fog, do you really wonder why everyone is laughing at you?

Im just thinking how long the tail would have to be to go around the body and wings without getting chopped off by superfast wing beats. :lol:

So we've gone from a giant underwater swimming owl that flies with its wings stretched outward in a saucer shape and flies upside down with its head turned 180 degrees, gone through some iterations and complete changes of heart to a giant supersonic flying lizard that can flap its wings so that the wing tips can travel 770mph and flies with its tail stretched around its body and with the end of its tail in its mouth.

No, not giant sized. I think the will-o-the-wisp types are quite small. I also think the tail goes all the way round the head and is grasped by the claws of the wingtips on the other side!

Is this lizard-bird descending into the woods to poop just a foot off the ground so that it resembles something else??

post-94765-0-44307200-1334665540_thumb.j