Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unidentified Creature Washes Ashore

Still Waters

"I thought it was a dead possum until I saw it's feet."

That's what First Coast resident Paul Lovely told First Coast News about the creature he found washed up on the banks of the Saint Johns River Wednesday.

Lovely said the awful odor coming from the carcass is what caught his attention. That is, until he saw it.Once he did, he was fascinated by the creature's odd features.

"Other than it stinking like God Almighty knows, just the weird feet, how long the legs are, and it's got a kind of weird-looking head but it could be just cause it's rotted off some, but I don't know how to explain those feet.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• ThePhantomFlanFlinger

• ColoradoParanormal

• Simbi Laveau

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the comments on the article nailed it right away. Its clearly a dog. front legs have been repostitioned so that the shoulder blade is where the feet should be.

Hoax all the way. The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was P.T Barnums Fiji mermaid.

Amazing how all the flesh on the legs and feet are gone but this one mysterious piece remains on all four limbs? Hiding the joint connection more than likely so you cant see the hoax right away.

post-59968-0-39622200-1332857253_thumb.j

I dont think it looks real ...

The fur bits at the joints cover any articulations,which is bizarre,especially on all four joints.

The flippers look plastic

The teeth look fake too.

The actual carcass looks like a dog.

Im going to go with something so far out that i dont think people would have heard of one.....................Hyrax.....!!!....:wacko: .

Edited by BrianPotter

Im going to go with something so far out that i dont think people would have heard of one.....................Hyrax.....!!!....:wacko: .

Yep. I bet it's that helicopter shadow from the Japan tsunami. Tailor was right all along! :wacko:

A minimal amount of critical thought by anyone looking at it should tell you it's a hoax.

-how many examples of 'bone flippers' are there in nature? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

-where exactly would this creature live? Land? Water? It doesn't seem it would do very well in either environment.

It's a perfect fit. The teeth are horse like at the front, suggesting a kind of vegetation grazer. Maybe this is a 'water horse' and paddles underwater to feed on riverweed. The three toed paddle feet seem to good to be true. The huge neck muscle looks convincing too. This fits with the thick-neck dogman/bighairyman eye-witness accounts. If it's a fake, it's an *extremely* good one.

I'd guess a female. I bet they have trouble locating the sex organs. (The hyrax have them internally, male and female apparently)

Edited by tailormaneinafog

It's a perfect fit. The teeth are horse like at the front, suggesting a kind of vegetation grazer. Maybe this is a 'water horse' and paddles underwater to feed on riverweed. The three toed paddle feet seem to good to be true. The huge neck muscle looks convincing too. This fits with the thick-neck dogman/bighairyman eye-witness accounts. If it's a fake, it's an *extremely* good one.

I'd guess a female. I bet they have trouble locating the sex organs. (The hyrax have them internally, male and female apparently)

Good on ya Tailor......ive said it before and i'll say it again...you always put a smile on my face with your theories and i dont mean that to sound like im an @rse.....:tu: ...

Edited by BrianPotter

Good on ya Tailor......ive said it before and i'll say it again...you always put a smile on my face with your theories and i dont mean that to sound like im an @rse.....:tu: ...

No probs. You're the best of the bunch. :)

Im not saying it's not part of a real carcass,but shoulder blades dont reverse themselves on their own.

Someone took it apart and put it back together,to look like something other worldly.

No probs. You're the best of the bunch. :)

Hey...you could have the last laugh on us all Tailor...you never know...

Hey, wow! That's my neck of the woods! I watch the news every morning and evening, as well as read news articles all day long. First I've heard of it. After seeing the pictures I can see why.

Pretty awesome article. Before Still Waters posted the find about what it is, I was leaning towards Dog or some mammal of the Canine family as well as most everyone here. The jaws, teeth, biological build fit too perfectly. Then once Still posted that article It was really easy to see the "flippers" as shoulder blades. Thanks Still for finding that!

Okay, I see the shoulder blades now and how they've been turned around. I thought the 'feet' were in plastic bags when I first looked!

lol I thought the same thing!

Im not saying it's not part of a real carcass,but shoulder blades dont reverse themselves on their own.

Someone took it apart and put it back together,to look like something other worldly.

I agree with this comment. Someone flipped the legs to make it look like webbed feet.

As someone who's come across bones in the woods many times, I recognized that the "feet" were the shoulder blades right off. I appears to be a dog to me, and a rather young one. No chipped teeth or yellowing of the teeth. Probably some kids found it and had a joke on the guy that reported it.

Okay, I see the shoulder blades now and how they've been turned around. I thought the 'feet' were in plastic bags when I first looked!

You see it now that the second article explained what most everyone else agreed on already. Without that article you would have been well into the ridiculous line of reasoning you were starting with here. Just like the mammoth crossing the river, you were adamant that was real untill it was proven fake, then you slink away. When will you concede how incredibly poor your judgment of video and pictures is? Youve gone on about how you have a natural gift for spotting wildlife, perhaps you should try to develop your ability for spotting obvious fakes instead.

• 3 weeks later...