Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electronic skin patches tell when you're ill

Still Waters

Electronic skin patches that monitor a patient’s health while at home are being developed by scientists.

American researchers say the tiny patches, with tattoo-like sensors that wirelessly diagnose and treat health problems, can act as a person’s own internal doctor.

The “electronic skin” patches, about as a thick as a human hair, check a patient’s “vital signs” and transmits the data to a computer or mobile phone.

Scientists behind the project also say they could be used by healthy people to detect the early signs of illness.

The first patches, aimed at athletes, are expected to be available for commercial sale later this year.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Englishgent

• BaneSilvermoon

• BiffSplitkins

• King Fluffs

The first step to becoming a cyborg. :tu:

Pretty interesting though.

I know if I am ill cos I dont feel well. . Why would I need a skin patch to tell me? :unsure:

Maybe you should actually read the article.

Maybe you should actually read the article.

Maybe I should, but sometimes (and I have to be honest here) I just prefer to leave a comment. Wrong, I know, but hey, that's me.

Maybe you should give an input into the actual topic instead of critcising others ;)

I'd prefer a memory chip that lets me recall everything.

Maybe I should, but sometimes (and I have to be honest here) I just prefer to leave a comment. Wrong, I know, but hey, that's me.

Maybe you should give an input into the actual topic instead of critcising others ;)

I suppose I'm bored enough to do the work for you.

....The information then gets sent to the person’s doctor for further analysis, who can then act on any worrying conclusions......

"The technology can be used to monitor brain, heart or muscle activity in a completely non invasive way, while a patient is at home,” he told the conference.

“The near term will be for people with conditions of the heart, or conditions such as diabetes that need a lot of monitoring.

The idea is largely to be able to constantly monitor things which may not have noticeable symptoms. People get nervous at the Doctors office and often their body isn't working exactly the same way as it does in a normal state as a result.

Edited by BaneSilvermoon

Sounds interesting I wonder how long it will take before the 1 percent say its effecting there daily routines [aka allergy sufferers] ?.

I suppose I'm bored enough to do the work for you.

The idea is largely to be able to constantly monitor things which may not have noticeable symptoms. People get nervous at the Doctors office and often their body isn't working exactly the same way as it does in a normal state as a result.

Thank you for doing the work for me. Hope you dont get too bored lol :)

Instead of just detecting the ailment or disease why can't there be a package of detection and cure at the same time?

I mean why can't we invent DNA sensors that will be spread everywhere in the house which will detect the ailment or disease which will give out tiny DNA chips which will go in our body and cure the disease before it aggravates? :tu: