Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carrie remake

Simbi Laveau

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• Its Mii

• buckskin scout

• Pauly Dangerously

Great news!! I'm excited, she's awesome.

What else has she been in ?

She is the little girl in Kick-ass, she was also in the remake of "Let the right one in"... I believe it is called "Let me in". Both of those movies are really good, she has this ageless quality to her. She acts like a woman in a little girls body, it's amazing. I had not seen this since Kristen Dunst played Claudia in "Interview with the Vampire"

Recently she was in Hugo... I was not a big fan of that one.

She is the little girl in Kick-ass, she was also in the remake of "Let the right one in"... I believe it is called "Let me in". Both of those movies are really good, she has this ageless quality to her. She acts like a woman in a little girls body, it's amazing. I had not seen this since Kristen Dunst played Claudia in "Interview with the Vampire"

Recently she was in Hugo... I was not a big fan of that one.

ahhh,Let Me In

..i prefered let the right one in,but it was ok for a remake of a cool foreign movie.

I tend to watch a lot of foreign stuff,long before Hollywood rips it off.

Bad thing. No fresh ideas, or original material. Just the money mill trying to ring every frop out of anything they can. I can't wait to miss this.

why oh why do we need to go back there?

do movie producers have no imaginations whatsoever?

Yeah,I feel the same way about remakes.

Its just a way to cash in on the new generation ,as everyone goes to see the new one,no matter what the reviews.

In support of stop sopa,a huge bunch of us vowed,no movies,by no music,games anything,the entire 2 months of march and April.

I did it no prob,as I am rarely moved to the movies anymore.

Most everything is rehash ,same plot ,CGI hyped,crap.

I was so pleased to see John Carter fail.

I mean JC....can it be any more blatant ?

yuuuhhh

We fought the remake of the crow,but a new director has taken over.

I would like to see a good remake of the Exorcist though.I think someone could do that justice.

Bad thing. No fresh ideas, or original material. Just the money mill trying to ring every frop out of anything they can. I can't wait to miss this.

Yikes... Feeling scratchy I see. lol Stephen King is freaking awesome!! I would love to see a new take on his work, I love the idea. Someone should remake Cujo. :lol::w00t:

Yikes... Feeling scratchy I see. lol Stephen King is freaking awesome!! I would love to see a new take on his work, I love the idea. Someone should remake Cujo. :lol::w00t:

Stephen King is awesome. But Stephen King doesn't make movies, he writes books. His books are great, the movies made from them...notsomuch. Would you be as excited if someone told you Stephanie Myer was re-writing The Shining?

I didn't think so.

Would you be as excited if someone told you Stephanie Myer was re-writing The Shining?

I didn't think so.

No... not at all. However movies are a total different thing. I would love Del Toro to take on Stephen King or even JJ Abrahams. Just because those other people didn't really do his work any justice doesn't mean someone else can't. I would love to see a movie that serves him justice... sadly he makes bad choices about who he allows to "work" with his work.

Most everything is rehash ,same plot ,CGI hyped,crap.

I was so pleased to see John Carter fail.

I mean JC....can it be any more blatant ?

yuuuhhh

You are aware aren't you that "John Carter" is not a remake?... The book was published in 1912 and has never before been portrayed in film... Not sure what the "JC" comment meant, but it is not a rehash type story - it is one of THE original Sci-Fi stories...

I actually liked the movie, but then again I loved the books when I was a kid...

I will agree that I am really tired of remakes... And Hollywood has very little in the way of new plots...

You are aware aren't you that "John Carter" is not a remake?... The book was published in 1912 and has never before been portrayed in film... Not sure what the "JC" comment meant, but it is not a rehash type story - it is one of THE original Sci-Fi stories...

I actually liked the movie, but then again I loved the books when I was a kid...

I will agree that I am really tired of remakes... And Hollywood has very little in the way of new plots...

I wasn't implying it was a remake.I was just saying Hollywood sucks now,and all the movies are just dull,no matter how much money they sink into them.

This is why I had no problem not going to the movies for a month....

JC,being such an obvious reference to Jesus Christ,is what turned me off from just the coming attractions.

I actually went to the movies last night,but it was foreign,not hollyweed,but they of course,are already remaking it .

There's a gushing review of it on my blog .

WOW!! Another remake from the U.S. When will the directors in the U.S. stop remaking every damn horror movie they can get their hands on and start coming up with some original ideas. Thats their MO though. Take something and run the hell out of it into the ground. Other countries are coming up with some new, original, and entertaining horror films while the U.S. is putting out the same old predictable garbage, putting out another remake, or putting out part 15 of whatever crappy film they made 10 years ago. We need some new blood in the horror genre here in the states something awful. Same old plots, same old effects, same old crappy actors/actresses, blah blah blah. Can you tell I am tired of the U.S. horror.

Mike

WOW!! Another remake from the U.S. When will the directors in the U.S. stop remaking every damn horror movie they can get their hands on and start coming up with some original ideas. Thats their MO though. Take something and run the hell out of it into the ground. Other countries are coming up with some new, original, and entertaining horror films while the U.S. is putting out the same old predictable garbage, putting out another remake, or putting out part 15 of whatever crappy film they made 10 years ago. We need some new blood in the horror genre here in the states something awful. Same old plots, same old effects, same old crappy actors/actresses, blah blah blah. Can you tell I am tired of the U.S. horror.

Mike

A friend of mine writes screen plays,and they're good.She goes to the Hollywood screenplay events,where they all try to sell their stuff to directors.

Shes been turned down so many times,til finally,one guy told her,Hollywood wants nothing that's a risk .

Tried and true rehash he told her.Write sequels,write movies based on plots of old movies,you will get your screen play bought.Do new,no one wants it.

I'm so sick of all of these remakes that I actually laughed when writers went on strike a few years ago. You want more money for what? Not being able to come up with a fresh idea all by yourself? Pffft.

I wasn't implying it was a remake.I was just saying Hollywood sucks now,and all the movies are just dull,no matter how much money they sink into them.

This is why I had no problem not going to the movies for a month....

JC,being such an obvious reference to Jesus Christ,is what turned me off from just the coming attractions.

I actually went to the movies last night,but it was foreign,not hollyweed,but they of course,are already remaking it .

There's a gushing review of it on my blog .

Well... The author certainly made no attempt at equating John Carter with Jesus Christ... (Neither did the film makers actually...) Back when the story was written protagonists in almost all 'adventure stories' had "Manly" names... John, Jack, Mike, etc (Like Jack Armstrong)... Carter was the last name of a friend - or so I was told...

I don't know why the movie people didn't call it "A Princess of Mars" like the book...

Well... The author certainly made no attempt at equating John Carter with Jesus Christ... (Neither did the film makers actually...) Back when the story was written protagonists in almost all 'adventure stories' had "Manly" names... John, Jack, Mike, etc (Like Jack Armstrong)... Carter was the last name of a friend - or so I was told...

I don't know why the movie people didn't call it "A Princess of Mars" like the book...

I don't know,it seemed glaringly obvious.Stranger summoned to a planet from somewhere far away,to be a savior.

Is say its one of those things that was debated on book reports about it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/03/08/john_carter_is_jesus_christ_andrew_stanton_s_blockbuster_is_surprisingly_christian.html

Other people had the same impression

http://www.holyblasphemy.net/is-john-carter-jesus-christ-gods-alien-technology-atheism-and-revolution/bibleblasphemy

http://live.hollywoodjesus.com/?p=9762

I'm actually kind of excited about the remake of Carrie. Bad as it was, I enjoyed the original, and I adore the actress from Kick Ass and Let Me In, so I'll be watching this... tho probably not in the theater since I don't do that unless the movie is an absolute must see for me.

I think it is a crummy idea, the Hitchcock obsessive Brian De Palma made a fine Carrie with Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, William Katt, Nancy Allen, P.J. Soles, John Travolta, etc.

With a young cast of up and coming talent how can you top that? You cant.

Hollywood needs better writers and needs to let classics remain classics not let their shine be dimmed by these shake and bake studio crud.

Oh yeah, I forgot Carrie already had a cruddy 1999 sequel The Rage: Carrie 2 and a cruddy 2002 TV movie remake.

Oh yeah, I forgot Carrie already had a cruddy 1999 sequel The Rage: Carrie 2 and a cruddy 2002 TV movie remake.

The original Carrie,is a cult classic.

I totally agree.

Hollyweed needs to get over itself.

They're renaming superman,AGAIN ....

Yah

The original Carrie,is a cult classic.

I totally agree.

Hollyweed needs to get over itself.

They're renaming superman,AGAIN ....

Yah

And besides, Brian De Palma tacked on that scare at the end which has become so classic.

And besides, Brian De Palma tacked on that scare at the end which has become so classic.

Damn autospell REMAKING superman,third time.I LOVE the guy tho.He was in The Tudors .Henry something.

I think it's a perfect time to remake Carrie. In light of all the focus on bullying, Carrie was sort of ahead of it's time. If every person who got bullied had psychic powers we'd have a real mess on our hands and even with out powers it is still sad. Look at how many kids end their lives because they're bullied. I think done well this could really outshine the first. If you haven't watched it in a while it really is sort of dated. The music alone is what I think bugs me the most. I love Sissy Spacek in it, she's wonderful but some of the other characters were sort of diffrent than the book. I love Stephen King movies if they're done well (and some are and some aren't) so hopefully they'll try to improve on it. There was already a tv remake and a sequel out a while back that was not great but it was sort of fun in a campy way.