Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery Puzzle?

Infinitemind

Hey i came across this puzzle and i can't solve it. This is the link to the image:

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh280/SasNarOro666/?action=view&current=zodiacpuzzle.jpg

This is the clue:

"You take a basic transposition cipher. Then you make 12 permutations of it (hint: zodiacal signs) then you use a different permutation per line."

Can anyone please solve it? I am going crazy! I will REALLy appreciate it if someone solves it!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infinitemind

• ChrLzs

• Wordless Wanderer

• Cassea

Umm, could you explain why - is this for a competition or similar? How did you come across it, and what is the point of it?

Umm, could you explain why - is this for a competition or similar? How did you come across it, and what is the point of it?

Yes it is. Can you please solve it?

Yes it is. Can you please solve it?

Yes, I probably could. But why would I, when it is in no way any sort of mystery that needs explaining, and you haven't offered to share the prize? :P

Just do some research on how transposition codes work (they aren't complicated), and read the instructions carefully.

I'll give a few brief hints.. on a quick reading of the 'quest', you need to create a transposition table that shows the corresponding letters of the alphabet to the symbols used. It sounds as though the table varies from line to line, and is obviously linked to the Zodiac, ie the twelve signs. It may be that the set of symbols for the 12 signs are repeated in sequence to make up the 26 letter code table. And perhaps the alphabetical order, as well as 'natural' order, of the Zodiac might also be relevant (eg in how they change from line to line).

To help solving any transposition code, look for repeating symbols that might represent spaces between words, or commonly used letters (roughly e-r-a-t-i-o-n-s..), or short words like 'and' & 'the' - clues like that can help you find the right starting point for the table/s you will need.

Is this arranged in an anagram?

That Looks Interesting .. Does Anybody Have Some Links Where I Could Find Puzzles Of This Type?? I'd Really Like To Practice ..

Yes, I probably could. But why would I, when it is in no way any sort of mystery that needs explaining, and you haven't offered to share the prize? :P

Just do some research on how transposition codes work (they aren't complicated), and read the instructions carefully.

I'll give a few brief hints.. on a quick reading of the 'quest', you need to create a transposition table that shows the corresponding letters of the alphabet to the symbols used. It sounds as though the table varies from line to line, and is obviously linked to the Zodiac, ie the twelve signs. It may be that the set of symbols for the 12 signs are repeated in sequence to make up the 26 letter code table. And perhaps the alphabetical order, as well as 'natural' order, of the Zodiac might also be relevant (eg in how they change from line to line).

To help solving any transposition code, look for repeating symbols that might represent spaces between words, or commonly used letters (roughly e-r-a-t-i-o-n-s..), or short words like 'and' & 'the' - clues like that can help you find the right starting point for the table/s you will need.

Yes i would share the prize with you. Can you please solve it dude?

Yes i would share the prize with you. Can you please solve it dude?

Nope, sorry. It could take several hours, and once I started I wouldn't want to stop until I broke it.

I have a life.. and while I do perform a reasonable amount of voluntary work it has to be for a good cause.. :lol::innocent:

There are quite a few sites around on codebreaking - go take a look and have a go yourself. It just takes patience...