Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ice Age Lie

Joe Atlantis

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Atlantis

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Imaginarynumber1

• Abramelin

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

Is science covering up a pole shift that sunk Atlantis 10500 BC?

No.

It's crazy people believing anything that suits their fantasies and favorite daydreams.

That sucks, eh?

No.

It's crazy people believing anything that suits their fantasies and favorite daydreams.

That sucks, eh?

Abe, the kid was trying to ask a question and you scare him! Now, now...

Greetings,

Well I would like to see your evidence that there was an actual city named Alantis, that it indeed did sink, it existed on the or near the specific year of 10500BC and of the actual cover-up. Then we could probably have a decent discussion.

No.

That sucks, eh?

Funny how millions of Mammoths roamed Siberia and Alaska during an Ice age and then every trace was frozen solid for 10,000 years during a warm interglacial. ho ly

Funny how millions of Mammoths roamed Siberia and Alaska during an Ice age and then every trace was frozen solid for 10,000 years during a warm interglacial. ho ly

Hmmm... so because polar bears roam the North Pole makes Santa real? Nice, did not know that.

Even if there would have been any Atlantis under the South Pole there would be no reason to cover up anything, see that ice has the pesky property of going sliding off the ground into the sea, and everything that was under that ice after a few years looks like any other melted glacier:

GreenlandGlacier400.jpg

Nothing can withstand that force.

That's.... that's not at all what happened.

Most were hunted to extinction by humans, but some survived to as late as 1700 B.C.E. north of Siberia, so I don't really see your point here.

And as most have said, there is no evidence of Atlantis having ever existed.

Abe, the kid was trying to ask a question and you scare him! Now, now...

abes drunk. didn't you see him telling me about it?

abes drunk. didn't you see him telling me about it?

Let me tell you: Abe drunk is worth more as investigator than 3/4 of this board without drinking.

Let me tell you: Abe drunk is worth more as investigator than 3/4 of this board without drinking.

Agreed! :tu:

Well I would like to see your evidence that there was an actual city named Alantis, that it indeed did sink, it existed on the or near the specific year of 10500BC and of the actual cover-up. Then we could probably have a decent discussion.

Ha, i wish

Hmmm... so because polar bears roam the North Pole makes Santa real? Nice, did not know that.

Even if there would have been any Atlantis under the South Pole there would be no reason to cover up anything, see that ice has the pesky property of going sliding off the ground into the sea, and everything that was under that ice after a few years looks like any other melted glacier:

GreenlandGlacier400.jpg

Nothing can withstand that force.

south pole? Plato said Atlantic Ocean and he had it from horses mouth so to speak.

south pole? Plato said Atlantic Ocean and he had it from horses mouth so to speak.

The horse's mouth was a certain Mr. Solon who, according to Plato was told by a priest of a temple that was not yet finished when Solon was in Egypt.

Makes it very believable, let me tell you.

So where is the evidence from Solon? Or the Egyptian priests that had the story?

Where is any bit of evidence from anyone other than Plato for the existence of Atlantis?

Science doesn't cover things up, it helps to explain them.

I don't think you know what a pole shift is, as there really is no such thing.

From wiki;

No form of the hypothesis is accepted amongst the general scientific community.[citation needed] There is evidence of precession and changes in axial tilt, but this change is on much longer time-scales and does not involve relative motion of the spin axis with respect to the planet.[citation needed] However, in what is known as true polar wander, the solid Earth can rotate with respect to a fixed spin axis. Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred, but that no super-rapid shifts in the Earth's pole were found during this period.[2] A characteristic rate of true polar wander is 1° per million years or less.[3] Between approximately 790 and 810 million years ago, when the supercontinent Rodinia existed, two geologically-rapid phases of true polar wander may have occurred.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

The horse's mouth was a certain Mr. Solon who, according to Plato was told by a priest of a temple that was not yet finished when Solon was in Egypt.

Makes it very believable, let me tell you.

Perhaps the horses mouth was the descendents of the eye witnesses, the first Egyptians. Perhaps you should listen to them instead of the selfish rouges that run the world today.

Perhaps the horses mouth was the descendents of the eye witnesses, the first Egyptians. Perhaps you should listen to them instead of the selfish rouges that run the world today.

That doesn't work either since, in the preceding 2500+ years (before Plato) of Ancient Egypts existance there isn't a shred of evidence for anything that could be remotely misconstrued as Atlantis. And there were several cultures that were ancestral to Ancient Egypt, going back several millenia. Again, nothing.

cormac

Greetings,

Perhaps science is covering up that bigfoot is real and actually is a Jedi Master. Perhaps science is covering up that Battlestar Galactica was based on real life. Perhaps science is covering up that the pyramids were built by the goa'uld to land there ships on top of. Perhaps Doctor Who is real and is out stopping the Daleks right NOW!!!

That doesn't work either since, in the preceding 2500+ years (before Plato) of Ancient Egypts existance there isn't a shred of evidence for anything that could be remotely misconstrued as Atlantis. And there were several cultures that were ancestral to Ancient Egypt, going back several millenia. Again, nothing.

cormac

IT WORKS, unless you are not aware that evidence can be destroyed, hidden, etc. Your not that niave are you?

Perhaps science is covering up that bigfoot is real and actually is a Jedi Master. Perhaps science is covering up that Battlestar Galactica was based on real life. Perhaps science is covering up that the pyramids were built by the goa'uld to land there ships on top of. Perhaps Doctor Who is real and is out stopping the Daleks right NOW!!!

Perhaps you are a brainwashed sheep

Perhaps you are a brainwashed sheep

Interesting approach at discussion. I notice you have not brought any evidence to support your musings.

IT WORKS, unless you are not aware that evidence can be destroyed, hidden, etc. Your not that niave are you?

There's a huge difference between "can be" and "has been". Unless you have evidence that the latter is true, it's meaningless speculation.

cormac

Interesting approach at discussion. I notice you have not brought any evidence to support your musings.

interesting indeed, not. I brought my best evidence (Mammoths), which you choose to ignore (no surprise) dont be a brainwashed sheep

There's a huge difference between "can be" and "has been". Unless you have evidence that the latter is true, it's meaningless speculation.

cormac

I HAVE EVIDENCE boy

I HAVE EVIDENCE boy

THATS ENOUPH. Your choice wording needs to end. Mammoths was discussed and you never made a rebuttal. Your fault not anyone else's. Bring your evidence and stop insulting people.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

I HAVE EVIDENCE boy

What you have isn't evidence. It's someones poor understanding of the facts and has been discussed here at UM before. Got anything else?

cormac