Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heike Crab

Simbi Laveau

Japan...

There is an ancient tale of a great battle between the Genji and Heike clans ,which took place at sea in the 1100s.

The Heike lost badly,and their bodies were everywhere in the water,along one patch of Japans coast line.

A breed of crab developed,that are said to carry the souls of these men,and you can see their faces,on the crabs back.

They have been dubbed,samurai crabs.No one will eat them.

http://www.kirainet.com/english/heike-crab/

http://cis.poly.edu/~mleung/CS4744/f04/ch06/SamuraiCrabs.htm

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• pallidin

• Keel M.

• ShadowSot

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a little creepy.

I love these crabs. Id have one in a fish tank if i could.

That's a bunch of crapb.

As much as I love Sagan... he totally bungled this one. The crabs are of a species called face crabs, the shape on their backs is due to muscle tie offs, has nothing to do with artificial selection by humans, the crabs aren't even eaten, they're to small. Though this wasn't refuted until '93, and I'll let it slide 'cause Sagan was a astronomer, not a biologist. And he was awesome.

link

As much as I love Sagan... he totally bungled this one. The crabs are of a species called face crabs, the shape on their backs is due to muscle tie offs, has nothing to do with artificial selection by humans, the crabs aren't even eaten, they're to small. Though this wasn't refuted until '93, and I'll let it slide 'cause Sagan was a astronomer, not a biologist. And he was awesome.

link

Well this is some sort of tv series he had.I put it more as just a visual,and amusement.

He is a hoot . :w00t:

I think it was filmed in the 70s actually.