Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Beany

Rules for Being Human

29 posts in this topic

I can accept that point of view, even though to me it seems that you are still progressing but in different areas of life, and thus avoiding stagnation. Might be due to my young age that I am so opposed to staying in one place and want constant change.

When we're young, constant change can be a good thing, it's how we learn & grow, and get to know what suits us and what doesn't. I have friends who've lived in the same place their whole lives, and not such great places either; it just isn't in me to do that, I'm too curious. It's just good to seek change deliberately, instead of being driven by it, or compelled. And have fun while we're doing it!

It's been my experience that lessons are repeated until they're learned. Think of someone who has a history of choosing to be in relationship with abusers, or addicts. For me it was alcoholics. My dad was an alcoholic, so I had experience in dealing with that, I was familiar with it. So I married a man who was an alcholic, and life was good for a while, then not so much. Then one night I sat up in bed, and said, I don't have to do this. I realized I had choices as an adult that I didn't have as a child, and I chose not to live with an alcoholic. I felt like I had learned my lessons around that, and around being responsible for my choices instead of blaming someone else for my unhappiness. I like the idea of seeing things as lessons, instead of crisis, because that implies that as pupils we have a more active role and more control, instead of being passive or victims. I'd rather be a student than a victim.

so true...........i'm sorry...but rule 7 makes perfect sense........ : )

I do not see this for all. Imo, some people don't reflect anything.

The sader are the ones that fall short when continuous lesson are shown bit nothing learnt..................... : )

Sad for who exactly :P

It's been my experience that lessons are repeated until they're learned. Think of someone who has a history of choosing to be in relationship with abusers, or addicts. For me it was alcoholics. My dad was an alcoholic, so I had experience in dealing with that, I was familiar with it. So I married a man who was an alcholic, and life was good for a while, then not so much. Then one night I sat up in bed, and said, I don't have to do this. I realized I had choices as an adult that I didn't have as a child, and I chose not to live with an alcoholic. I felt like I had learned my lessons around that, and around being responsible for my choices instead of blaming someone else for my unhappiness. I like the idea of seeing things as lessons, instead of crisis, because that implies that as pupils we have a more active role and more control, instead of being passive or victims. I'd rather be a student than a victim.

If one in such a place is aware of what you say but still decides to stick around and play the victim. They chose to play this part for the rest of their life. What then happens to this lesson? A fail lesson? The lesson was fail on purpose and defeats itself, no longer in play.

I don't know what happens. I can only speak for myself. Those people who choose that or are trapped in that, that's their life, not mine. Do you think there is anything a person can learn from staying in an abusive situation? Some people eventually come to learn that if one wants a different result, one must do something different, in fact, I would say most people. It does take some people longer to get there than others, though, just as it takes some people longer to heal from it.