Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My fears...?

Ecto76

If posted already, permission to merge it! lol...

I have been an avid News watcher, mostly I like watching Fox News because they seem to stay on point with the current events around the world. There's so much turmoil going on in the Middle East! I can't help but have a fear that things aren't looking too good. I'm not saying this will happen and hope that it does not turn for the worst. I live in the USA but I don't like our country accusing China of Cyber attacks and selling long range missiles to Iran. Granted, we owe China billions of dollars we borrowed. If I were China I would be asking for that back. But, I always thought they were always on the same page. After watching these accusations, I'm having a different opinion due to the reports I see. Again, they might not be entirely true.

It is pretty freakin' scary though knowing how vulnerable the U.S. is. We are our own worst enemy. By sharing too much information in the public eye.

We know Israel wants to attack Iran. Its a matter of time. Let's face it, the two countries have hated each other since the dawn of time. Iran wants to blow Israel off the face of the earth. I don't blame Israel wanting to attack first I guess and put an end to all of it.

Then, boy did things change with North Korea? First we were back to negotiations and about to aid N. Korea with food and strike a friendly deal. All of a sudden they plan to test long range missiles? Japan threatened if any rockets comes close to their territory they will be shot down by their military. I had hope until I saw this. I smell WWIII around the corner with all of the major players involved.

I would fear blowing up the planet ourselves rather than put much faith into any fictional speculation about the 2012 prophecies.

Just my two sense... thoughts are welcome.

If posted already, permission to merge it! lol...

I have been an avid News watcher, mostly I like watching Fox News because they seem to stay on point with the current events around the world. There's so much turmoil going on in the Middle East! I can't help but have a fear that things aren't looking too good. I'm not saying this will happen and hope that it does not turn for the worst. I live in the USA but I don't like our country accusing China of Cyber attacks and selling long range missiles to Iran. Granted, we owe China billions of dollars we borrowed. If I were China I would be asking for that back. But, I always thought they were always on the same page. After watching these accusations, I'm having a different opinion due to the reports I see. Again, they might not be entirely true.

It is pretty freakin' scary though knowing how vulnerable the U.S. is. We are our own worst enemy. By sharing too much information in the public eye.

We know Israel wants to attack Iran. Its a matter of time. Let's face it, the two countries have hated each other since the dawn of time. Iran wants to blow Israel off the face of the earth. I don't blame Israel wanting to attack first I guess and put an end to all of it.

Then, boy did things change with North Korea? First we were back to negotiations and about to aid N. Korea with food and strike a friendly deal. All of a sudden they plan to test long range missiles? Japan threatened if any rockets comes close to their territory they will be shot down by their military. I had hope until I saw this. I smell WWIII around the corner with all of the major players involved.

I would fear blowing up the planet ourselves rather than put much faith into any fictional speculation about the 2012 prophecies.

Just my two sense... thoughts are welcome.

Ecto you can rest easy for a while :lol: . Bible prophecy outlines three wars yet future to our present day. One is explained in Psalm 83 where a group of nations are listed as coming against Israel to: v4: “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation, so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.”

Does that sound familiar? Those nations are Syria,Lebanon,Jordan,Saudi Arabia and Egypt along with the ancestors of the people who make up the Palestinians,Hamas and Hizballah. These people are plotting against Israel today and when the war comes they are defeated.....ALL of them. No real details about how the IDF accomplishes such a stunning victory but there is another prophecy in Isaiah 17 that says the city of Damascus Syria will be destroyed overnight so...nukes?. Israel will live in peace for a period of time and then another group of nations try to destroy her. They are Russia,Turkey, Iran,Iraq,Libya,Ethiopia and some of the southern Caucasus countries. These are defeated supernaturally by God. Many Bible scholars believe it will be this war that is the catalyst for a global nuclear exchange. When, you may ask? I have no idea. So of course it can't be a "valid" prophecy. :rolleyes:

The final war is well known by name: Armageddon. All the remaining nations of the earth will come against Christ as He returns to earth. If you happen to be a spectator for that one it's bad news most likely. That war happens at the end of a seven year time of trouble known as the Tribulation. So there is probably at least a decade left to try to avoid the problems.

I actually believe this and while I hope to avoid these troubles I am not at all sure that I will be able to. Even if I have to suffer and die during this time I will still believe in Jesus and His message. This life is just a blink of an eye compared to the eternity He promises us when we believe. So cheer up and watch for some of the things I've mentioned. If they are true then the rest of His word is also and THAT is very good news :yes:

lool he forgot to mention israel almost got it's ass kicked usa forced a truce ceasefire till they provided israel

with a whole new army along with entire europe equpiments and troops and that's how the outstanding victory was accomplished

we were litarly fighting half the world :D

@ Stranger in a Strange Land >

You have some good point of views. I have read the bible so yes, I am aware of those things mentioned. The government plays this charade that the U.S. has a strong government yet we are trillions of dollars in debt. But IMO, the government is corrupt, greedy and has never been in the condition to run a country the way it should be ran. The reason I fear these troubles, is my wife and I would like to have children of our own someday. Its going to be so hard to raise a child in the near future in this type of society. If war strikes again, its going to cost our government more money. I'm sick of the U.S. constantly trying to be big brother and act as if we are supporting our allies. I'm not against supporting our allies, but everyone must admit that we have stuck our nose in places that we don't belong.

This country is falling apart by the seems and how about we focus on our own country first before we can help others. I'm always reading we "aid" this country or "aid" that country. Where are we getting the money from if we are in so much debt to "aid" these countries?

I know there's nothing I can do about it and this is just the way it is. We must go through the cycle of life. This is my idea to Mr. Obama. How about researching to see how many great ideas I am sure some people outside of the White House have to see if we can fix this country. There are some smart people out there. Obama's administration have shown me they cannot run the White House. I don't blame him entirely. Congress has its faults too.

All I hear and see is War and the U.S. always trying to intervene. How about saving your own country first?

@ Stranger in a Strange Land >

You have some good point of views. I have read the bible so yes, I am aware of those things mentioned. The government plays this charade that the U.S. has a strong government yet we are trillions of dollars in debt. But IMO, the government is corrupt, greedy and has never been in the condition to run a country the way it should be ran. The reason I fear these troubles, is my wife and I would like to have children of our own someday. Its going to be so hard to raise a child in the near future in this type of society. If war strikes again, its going to cost our government more money. I'm sick of the U.S. constantly trying to be big brother and act as if we are supporting our allies. I'm not against supporting our allies, but everyone must admit that we have stuck our nose in places that we don't belong.

This country is falling apart by the seems and how about we focus on our own country first before we can help others. I'm always reading we "aid" this country or "aid" that country. Where are we getting the money from if we are in so much debt to "aid" these countries?

I know there's nothing I can do about it and this is just the way it is. We must go through the cycle of life. This is my idea to Mr. Obama. How about researching to see how many great ideas I am sure some people outside of the White House have to see if we can fix this country. There are some smart people out there. Obama's administration have shown me they cannot run the White House. I don't blame him entirely. Congress has its faults too.

All I hear and see is War and the U.S. always trying to intervene. How about saving your own country first?

Your post was about concerns you have for wars in the future. The things I mentioned may or may not even have the US involved in them. If your purpose is to be angry about the US and our adventures in the world then perhaps a better OP would help the discussion along?

lool he forgot to mention israel almost got it's ass kicked usa forced a truce ceasefire till they provided israel

with a whole new army along with entire europe equpiments and troops and that's how the outstanding victory was accomplished

KoS if you think it's funny then I feel badly for you. I don't expect a Muslim to even be able to believe what I'm saying. Your beliefs are your own and I have no problem with them or you. Israel cannot be defeated and removed from her land...ever again. These are not my words. They were written a very long time ago and if you live long enough you will see they are true.

Have you never wondered how a country so small could keep winning, over and over against such powerful Arab armies? Arab men are brave and make good warriors, history proves this. So why haven't they been able to stop such a small nation for so many years? The answer is that Israel IS God's chosen people.

Peace

lol i just told you why in the post you quote from ..

god's chosen ones eh ? politics and religions are dangerous combination i say islamic or jewish

well unless you mean by god is the usa support i'll have to disagree

And then turned around and gave Syria a damn good thrashing and almost captured Damascus. Not only this, but it did exactly the same thing in 1956 and 1967.

Bible prophecy outlines three wars yet future to our present day. One is explained in Psalm 83 where a group of nations are listed as coming against Israel to: v4: “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation, so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.”

Does that sound familiar? Those nations are Syria,Lebanon,Jordan,Saudi Arabia and Egypt along with the ancestors of the people who make up the Palestinians,Hamas and Hizballah. These people are plotting against Israel today and when the war comes they are defeated.....ALL of them. No real details about how the IDF accomplishes such a stunning victory but there is another prophecy in Isaiah 17 that says the city of Damascus Syria will be destroyed overnight so...nukes?. Israel will live in peace for a period of time and then another group of nations try to destroy her. They are Russia,Turkey, Iran,Iraq,Libya,Ethiopia and some of the southern Caucasus countries. These are defeated supernaturally by God.

Wow. That's impressive. I don't even know yet what I'm going to have for breakfast tomorrow.

Wow. That's impressive. I don't even know yet what I'm going to have for breakfast tomorrow.

I know, when people quote scripture and have the temerity to speak as if they actually believe it it makes them easy prey for jokes. It is what it is. I didn't say I would accomplish it. But yeah, I believe it will happen. And get this.....they let me out in public, I can drive a car and even own a gun! :w00t:

Seriously though, the OP seemed worried and for all the doom and gloom of what's coming, I don't worry at all. I accepted awhile ago that all I can control are my own actions and what I believe. The rest is out of my hands anyway. Anyone who looks rationally at the current political and economic state of the globe and doesn't see a tectonic shift coming isn't allowing themselves to be realistic. But I don't think his fear of China or even NK are reasonable. The flashpoint is the Middle East. The daily news confirms it and has for years.

Oh and BTW Arbenol68, I don't own a gun ;) just have the right... :P

I don't want any of those who reply to my topic to think I am deeply concerned or think I am being irrational about any of those subjects mentioned. But I can't help but think about how hard our society has become due to political and military actions in the Middle East turmoil. It does effect our country in many ways. Please don't let this become a religious debate. Religion and politics don't mix well and can cause heated discussions. Let's keep this as friendly as possibly as I feel responsible for the topic.

I'm just afraid that if we get involved in any war with anyone right now, it will not help our countries debt. Gas & oil prices keep soaring. Yes, the Middle East including Iran effects that industry because of the gas & oil import industry. I remember back in the day when $20 filled my gas tank. Now I have to make sure I budget to have enough gas for myself every week. I also travel a lot. Its hindered my traveling as I have had to cut back on my traveling.

This subject is not about the bible. Its not about religion. Its about how the turmoil in the Middle East and major countries are going down the road to war. News reports say that they fear Iraq all over again with Syria. All I know is, something is going to happen and its just a matter of time. I'm just ranting about the turmoil over there and how it effects our country. Individually I cannot do anything about it. No. But, what we can do is conserve our money. However, at the same time as we conserve our money and save it, its not putting any more money back into the economy either. Either way you look at it, it sucks!

I think people should stop worrying so much about the Middle East and concentrate on saving money here. I know we can do it. My wife and I are not rich, we're not poor. I make decent money, but it takes a dedicated budget. Be conservative with your money. Don't spend it on things you don't need right now. Easier said then done, but determination can go a long way.

:tu:

I don't think you have much to worry about. China and the US are of course going to be snipping at each other since China is becoming a superpower to challenge the US hedgomony but both sides do too much business with each other to want a war. The US doesn't want to fight China and China doesn't want to fight the US. A Cold War situation might develop but that's as far as it will go.

Iran and Israel do seem to want to throw down with each other, but again they depend on larger allies who want things to stay peaceful. Likewise since they don't share a border with each other any war they have will be somewhat limited. This is a very likely hotspot but if conflict did start up I think it will stay regional.

Finally North Korea is the least of your worries on your list. Their brainwashed population is starving, their economy is in the gutter, and their industry sucks. South Korea could handle them without anyone's help. I also think the higher ups in North Korea know this and don't want to start up any serious trouble because they know they'll be slapped down hard and China might just let them swing if it comes to a fight. The various threats you hear coming form North Korea are little more than cries of attention.

I don't see World War Three happening any time soon.

I don't want any of those who reply to my topic to think I am deeply concerned or think I am being irrational about any of those subjects mentioned. But I can't help but think about how hard our society has become due to political and military actions in the Middle East turmoil. It does effect our country in many ways. Please don't let this become a religious debate. Religion and politics don't mix well and can cause heated discussions. Let's keep this as friendly as possibly as I feel responsible for the topic.

I'm just afraid that if we get involved in any war with anyone right now, it will not help our countries debt. Gas & oil prices keep soaring. Yes, the Middle East including Iran effects that industry because of the gas & oil import industry. I remember back in the day when $20 filled my gas tank. Now I have to make sure I budget to have enough gas for myself every week. I also travel a lot. Its hindered my traveling as I have had to cut back on my traveling.

This subject is not about the bible. Its not about religion. Its about how the turmoil in the Middle East and major countries are going down the road to war. News reports say that they fear Iraq all over again with Syria. All I know is, something is going to happen and its just a matter of time. I'm just ranting about the turmoil over there and how it effects our country. Individually I cannot do anything about it. No. But, what we can do is conserve our money. However, at the same time as we conserve our money and save it, its not putting any more money back into the economy either. Either way you look at it, it sucks!

I think people should stop worrying so much about the Middle East and concentrate on saving money here. I know we can do it. My wife and I are not rich, we're not poor. I make decent money, but it takes a dedicated budget. Be conservative with your money. Don't spend it on things you don't need right now. Easier said then done, but determination can go a long way.

:tu:

Sorry Ecto, I really wasn't trying to hijack your thread. Considering that religion is a major component of the strife in the world today it's kind of hard to ignore. As to the situation in the US improving economically if we defer from instigating or even entering any more conflicts I say that is true - but we may not have a choice. If we pulled back our power that is projected around the world then that vacuum would be filled quickly by others who want to dominate the planet with their ideology. It's just a fact of life. If that possibility doesn't disturb you then you have nothing to worry about. I think we will pull back soon enough from economic necessity anyway. No matter how much we wish to just be left in peace, 9-11 proves that is impossible in today's world. The good news is I see no world wide conflagrations on the horizon. But regional war near where the oil lives will be a problem for us all.

I appreciate everyone's input and insight. Its nice knowing that a healthy debate can happen on the forums! :yes:

Lately, it all seems to have a catch 22 if you really think about it.

Iran wants to blow Israel off the face of the earth because of territorial issues and Iran blames them for most of the Middle East conflicts. I do find it a little funny though that we seem to get involved where a country has a big part in the oil industry? There's always the oil conspiracy! I forget who quoted this but it was a great saying. I think Jesse Ventura did. Who ever controls the most oil controls and makes the most money! ;)

nations rise and fall you know .. so eventally usa will collapse china arise .. china collapse another country arise

it's just the painful circle :D

nations rise and fall you know .. so eventally usa will collapse china arise .. china collapse another country arise

it's just the painful circle :D

America as a superpower probably will collapse in time. But I don't really think that the yearning for freedom will collapse with it. It's an inherent desire in the soul of human beings to be free. Sooner or later another group will rise up and be willing to pay the price. And my guess is it will be another generation of Americans...it's a hard headed lot we are! :w00t:

I know, when people quote scripture and have the temerity to speak as if they actually believe it it makes them easy prey for jokes.

Hope you know that it's just a little joke with no malicious intent.

Seriously though, the OP seemed worried and for all the doom and gloom of what's coming, I don't worry at all. I accepted awhile ago that all I can control are my own actions and what I believe. The rest is out of my hands anyway. Anyone who looks rationally at the current political and economic state of the globe and doesn't see a tectonic shift coming isn't allowing themselves to be realistic. But I don't think his fear of China or even NK are reasonable. The flashpoint is the Middle East. The daily news confirms it and has for years.

I think I've seen a little shift in your outlook recently. You've mentioned biblical prophecies a few of times and as a result seem more optimistic about the future - not the events but the final outcome (if you know what I mean).

You're right about the Middle East, but it's been a flashpoint for millenia. Thirty years ago if anyone was to tell you that the Soviet Union would self-terminate and the new enemy would be the one you'd been giving all the guns to, you'd think they were mad. My point is that some things never change, and others do when you least expect it. The rise of democracy around the world - especially the last year or so, gives me cause for cautious hope. Time will tell whether it's been a good thing or not.

Oh and BTW Arbenol68, I don't own a gun ;) just have the right... :P

Glad to hear that :tu:

Hope you know that it's just a little joke with no malicious intent.

I think I've seen a little shift in your outlook recently. You've mentioned biblical prophecies a few of times and as a result seem more optimistic about the future - not the events but the final outcome (if you know what I mean).

You're right about the Middle East, but it's been a flashpoint for millenia. Thirty years ago if anyone was to tell you that the Soviet Union would self-terminate and the new enemy would be the one you'd been giving all the guns to, you'd think they were mad. My point is that some things never change, and others do when you least expect it. The rise of democracy around the world - especially the last year or so, gives me cause for cautious hope. Time will tell whether it's been a good thing or not.

Glad to hear that :tu:

I understood, no worries. My own family look askance at me sometimes, wondering about my serious interest in the ME and especially Israel. I would explain it to them if I could, but they just have no real interest so why bother. I live in an area of the US that gets hurricanes with regularity. The weather service tracks the course and the warnings build over a week or ten days as one approaches and you never know until the last 24 hours or so, where it will actually make landfall. There's a sense of anticipation at first and then sometimes dread as it becomes clear you're about to be hit. ME Bible prophecy is a little like that except that I believe with certainty we're going to be "hit" just not sure when or how seriously ;) I hope that the movements in the ME are leading to a better place(less radicalism) but the Muslim Brothers and their associates seem to be holding sway in Egypt and Tunisia and Libya looks to have an insurgency on their hands.

No matter how it plays out in the near term, I'm confident that this mess we've made as a species will get sorted soon enough and we'll be better for it in time :tu:

• Like 1