Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did dinosaurs live in the water ?

Saru

now let me correct my current mistake. the ancient magnetic field and atmosphere allowed them to get bigger. im sure it was their food intake that made them big.

gaden, why would science keep pole cores secret?

i thought most sharks dont do shallow water

Hi,If a shark is hungry he'll have a go at catching anything within 2 ft of water,dont forget that if you are in up to your knees ,the shark doesnt see you ,it only sees two half legs and being hungry will go for them (of course it doesnt know they are legs )but it will take a bite out of curiosity .They are the worlds best eating machine,totally predatory ,nothing else matters and when hunting can move very quickly they do about 100 m in 20 secs.You might just have time to get out of 2 ft before it strikes...

i thought most sharks dont do shallow water

Hi,If a shark is hungry he'll have a go at catching anything within 2 ft of water,dont forget that if you are in up to your knees ,the shark doesnt see you ,it only sees two half legs and being hungry will go for them (of course it doesnt know they are legs )but it will take a bite out of curiosity .They are the worlds best eating machine,totally predatory ,nothing else matters and when hunting can move very quickly they do about 100 m in 20 secs.You might just have time to get out of 2 ft before it strikes...

Edited by spud the mackem

sorry spud. i shouldve said they dont do shallows often. unless theres temperature problems. then they will hang out in the beach water. some dinos did appear to have shark weapons. big heavy size, big teeth, big claws, big horns and large numbers.

gaden, why would science keep pole cores secret?

That would be my question.

this is ridiculous

A startling new theory suggests that dinosaurs were simply too big and cumbersome to live on land.

Perhaps was this theory put out on April first? Seems too stupid and naive to be a real professionally developed idea.

The most absurd theory of paleontology I've heard in recent years. What will they dream up next? That sauropods walked with their legs sprawled like a lizard? Oh, yes... They debunked that a century ago as well.

I'm in the position of agreeing with Arbitran... Someone help me!

Perhaps was this theory put out on April first? Seems too stupid and naive to be a real professionally developed idea.

I'm in the position of agreeing with Arbitran... Someone help me!

Hrrmzz I wondered the same thing. Apparently not. April 3rd the article states. Maybe the announcement was on the 1st and he forgot to tell people?

I wish I could help you, but we all seem to be in the same boat on this one. Professor Ford does not say what sort of Dinosaur either. I have mentioned in other threads that a Sauropod in the Congo is not possible due to the foot structure, and that Sauropods have arranged digits as opposed to a metacarpal spread. I wonder what his answer to that might be? They floated?

sorry spud. i shouldve said they dont do shallows often. unless theres temperature problems. then they will hang out in the beach water. some dinos did appear to have shark weapons. big heavy size, big teeth, big claws, big horns and large numbers.

Hi Gentai,Thanks for coming back,I sort of got very interested in sharks after I found myself in the water with one,a long time ago..and have not been in the sea since,not even paddling,people dont realise that on the surface swimming ,you cant see whats within 20 yards of you under the surface,but a shark or barracuda can sense your vibrations from a long way off,and if they are hungry,you become dinner.(I used up one of my 9 lives that day).ha ha ..

i have been to afraid to beach swim anymore for those same reasons.

I prefer the expanding earth theory.

If this were the case then possibly the gravity of the planet would have been less when the planet was smaller making larger life forms viable.

If this were the case then possibly the gravity of the planet would have been less when the planet was smaller making larger life forms viable.

Rediculous, I am so sick of these kinds of people. I don't suppopse erosion of the coastline of the land masses would explain anything.

So. I guess a comic book writer has more credibility than the thousands of geologists who make this kind of thing their life's work?

The earth is creating mass in it's core... yeah, right.

Edited by Gaden

:lol: .. that reminds me ! i was going to post a new "DISCOVERY" on April 1st.

.. but i forgot :huh: ... now i'll have to wait a year!

Anyway... sure, some dinosaurs lived in the water... some lived on land , and some did both, as there were amphibious dinosaurs too.

May be some dinosaurs lived in water, not all.And they can't completely live in water.Like hippo they have to come to land.

So... um... If the Earth were smaller... and all the landmasses touched.. and there were no seas only shallow lakes... Where did all the danged water come from?...

Edited by Taun

So... um... If the Earth were smaller... and all the landmasses touched.. and there were no seas only shallow lakes... Where did all the danged water come from?...

Um... perhaps you should study plate tectonics, continental drift, and the physics of the movement of water. That's a start...

The Earth's surface gravity was lower during the reign of the dinosaurs but not due to Earth Expansion. To understand how surface gravity has fluctuated in strength go to www.dinoextinct.com and click on 'The Gravity Theory of Mass Extinction' to a view a PDF summary of the theory.

its depend on the research so that i don't think so that they are live in a water...because its a different mammals.

Sure they spent most of their time bouyed up by water. I was taught this at school 50years ago.. WOW some new theory.Lots of green food in water,good place to be if they are big eaters

I think they lived on land and water.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they lived on land and water.

I agree.

Edited by catfishyeah

• 3 weeks later...

I guess the Geophysicists at Cambridge U never got behind the [ expanding Earth theory].

• 2 months later...