Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sarah_

partially lucid while dreaming

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out what sort of dream I had last night. I won't get into the details of it, but try to explain why I'm a bit confused, maybe someone else has experienced this or know what I'm trying to talk about here..

I do have vivid and lucid dreams. I know that having a lucid dream means that you are or become aware that you are dreaming while dreaming, sometimes with being able to control parts of the dream.

The dream I had last night I wasn't lucid, that I know of, but I still kept knowing what was about to happen next. So is it possible that I was maybe, partially lucid? I also woke myself up because it was getting pretty scary. Usually when this happens I am lucid and literally tell myself "Wake up, right now!" Last night I just got a feeling, like I didn't want to be dreaming this anymore and I woke up immediately.

I also feel like I've have had the same dream before, but I can't place when it was. I don't remember the dream last time, but it was so familiar, which is why I think I could've dreamt it before. I think though that if that is the case it was a very long time ago.

I hope this sort of makes sense, I feel like I"m rambling a bit, sorry!

I'm trying to figure out what sort of dream I had last night. I won't get into the details of it, but try to explain why I'm a bit confused, maybe someone else has experienced this or know what I'm trying to talk about here..

I do have vivid and lucid dreams. I know that having a lucid dream means that you are or become aware that you are dreaming while dreaming, sometimes with being able to control parts of the dream.

The dream I had last night I wasn't lucid, that I know of, but I still kept knowing what was about to happen next. So is it possible that I was maybe, partially lucid? I also woke myself up because it was getting pretty scary. Usually when this happens I am lucid and literally tell myself "Wake up, right now!" Last night I just got a feeling, like I didn't want to be dreaming this anymore and I woke up immediately.

I also feel like I've have had the same dream before, but I can't place when it was. I don't remember the dream last time, but it was so familiar, which is why I think I could've dreamt it before. I think though that if that is the case it was a very long time ago.

sounds like you were dreaming that you were psychic.

So you were aware, sort of, that you were dreaming, but you were not directing the dream actively. Sounds like partially lucid to me. I only remember once having a lucid dream. And I was about 4 or 5 when I had it. So that's about 45 years I have remembered parts of this dream. That in itself amazes me. In the dream I was being chased by a brown bear and as i was running and feeling very afraid I told myself - this is just a dream - and then I woke up. It's never happened again AFAIK.

No, I didn't know that I was dreaming.

I knew what was about to happen next everytime something changed, and when I woke up I knew that it was because I had dreamt it before. (I think -:wacko: lol )

I don't actually remember dreaming the other dream, it just had that "familiar" feeling of a reoccuring dream, if that makes sense...

Posted (edited)

I don't actually remember dreaming the other dream, it just had that "familiar" feeling of a reoccuring dream, if that makes sense...

now you said this i have a better idea of what you mean. and no, i can't explain that feeling either, but i've had it several times.

mine always revolve around a house/apartment. in my dream i know the place, but when i wake up i realize i've never been there, although the familiar feeling is still there regardless.

Edited by JGirl

Posted (edited)

Doesnt sound like lucid dreaming or even partial lucid dreaming. Sounds like a dream in which you could predict the future a short time ahead.

Maybe you saw a movie, read something, or had just thought along those lines.

Our dream symbologies inteprret and translate every thing we think and experience. Maybe you had somethng happen which you wished you could have predicted or known about. It is hard to make the linkages between our conscious experiences and our subconscious symbolic translations of them, but very worth while trying to do

My very basic anaylsis would be that, in some part of your life you are facing something you are uncertain of, and dont really want to deal with but know you have to. That could create this form of dream, where you have a sense that you know what is going to happen before it does, but dont really want to know.

Edited by Mr Walker

My very basic anaylsis would be that, in some part of your life you are facing something you are uncertain of, and dont really want to deal with but know you have to. That could create this form of dream, where you have a sense that you know what is going to happen before it does, but dont really want to know.

This actually does make a lot of sense to me. While dreaming though I wasn't saying, "oh I know that this is happening next" or "this person is going to say this.." etc, I recognized the feeling of knowing once I woke up, which is why it was so confusing.

Thanks for the replies.