Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last min requests in the end of the world?

Beckys_Mom

This topic is not for debating, it is to lighten the mood and is hypothetical.. I thought of this because it was fun and there are too many serious threads as it is.. So I thought of asking a hypothetical fun question that no harm is intended... And no debates or pulling apart posts to argue over what God would say or do...

I was having a laugh with the husband last night.. I was speaking about the end of times and how our family members would react if Jesus ( if real) or God came down to tell them times up and he was taking them off to heaven..leaving only the evil doers on earth.. there is no hell, they just get left behind...

Gary said - If Jesus came to my mother and said come with me to heaven, my mom would say --> No wait, I have my holiday/ vacation booked in 6 weeks time, can you leave m to the last?

I laughed and added what I know my mother would say to Jesus if it happened... My mom would say ---> Oh I see, well, can you wait until I fishing my night shift, it's just that I am covering for a nurse who is out sick, and then I like to come home and get some sleep... Then lord I will follow you anywhere !!!

My dad and Garys dad would likely to say - But there is a football game on soon and I have a bet on.. you can wait !!

Of course Gary had to poke fun at me and said that I would likely tell God --> Well I am not ready yet, I need a quick shower, get my make up and hair done, find something to wear...so gimme at east an hour or two.. I am NOT leaving the house to go to any heaven unless I can get ready.I have my pride ya know ? ....I laughed hard because it is something I am likely to say lol tongue.gif

We just sat and laughed about it all.. I know it is not real, it was all just for fun...But the things we would likely to say are funny and true.....

Hypothetically..If God came down, we all got to observe God for real.. we couldn't deny it... Then God says on to us -> The end of the world is here...I am offering you all the chance to come with me to my kingdom of heaven, where each o you will spend eternity in your own perfect heaven... This includes - Christian, Muslim, Jewish< Hindu, Pagan...even Atheists...and so on..I understand why you all lead different paths...So are you ready?

Question How many of you would think - No wait, I have this or that to take care of .. And expect Jesus or God to wait for you ?

Or would you all run and say Here I come I am ready now ?

Remember this is for fun and is only hypothetical.. It is not meant to cause debates and have posts pulled apart to argue ..Thanks in advance

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• JayMark

• WoIverine

• Robbie333

This topic is not for debating, it is to lighten the mood and is hypothetical.. I thought of this because it was fun and there are too many serious threads as it is.. So I thought of asking a hypothetical fun question that no harm is intended... And no debates or pulling apart posts to argue over what God would say or do...

I was having a laugh with the husband last night.. I was speaking about the end of times and how our family members would react if Jesus ( if real) or God came down to tell them times up and he was taking them off to heaven..leaving only the evil doers on earth.. there is no hell, they just get left behind...

Gary said - If Jesus came to my mother and said come with me to heaven, my mom would say --> No wait, I have my holiday/ vacation booked in 6 weeks time, can you leave m to the last?

I laughed and added what I know my mother would say to Jesus if it happened... My mom would say ---> Oh I see, well, can you wait until I fishing my night shift, it's just that I am covering for a nurse who is out sick, and then I like to come home and get some sleep... Then lord I will follow you anywhere !!!

My dad and Garys dad would likely to say - But there is a football game on soon and I have a bet on.. you can wait !!

Of course Gary had to poke fun at me and said that I would likely tell God --> Well I am not ready yet, I need a quick shower, get my make up and hair done, find something to wear...so gimme at east an hour or two.. I am NOT leaving the house to go to any heaven unless I can get ready.I have my pride ya know ? ....I laughed hard because it is something I am likely to say lol tongue.gif

We just sat and laughed about it all.. I know it is not real, it was all just for fun...But the things we would likely to say are funny and true.....

Hypothetically..If God came down, we all got to observe God for real.. we couldn't deny it... Then God says on to us -> The end of the world is here...I am offering you all the chance to come with me to my kingdom of heaven, where each o you will spend eternity in your own perfect heaven... This includes - Christian, Muslim, Jewish< Hindu, Pagan...even Atheists...and so on..I understand why you all lead different paths...So are you ready?

Question How many of you would think - No wait, I have this or that to take care of? And expect Jesus or God to wait for you lol ? Or would you all run and say Here I a come ?

Remember this is for fun and is only hypothetical.. It is not meant to cause debates and have posts pulled apart to argue ..Thanks in advance

I don't know how to answer this BM. Just for a joke I would say " Thank goodness you are here master".

In real life I would I would thank him and fall to his feet in honor and worship. I mean this so let all of you let it go and that and move on with your post. Bm's having some fun. Fun post BM, I am looking forward to all of the answers, good and bad, LOL. .... almost forgot BM--Shut up stupid !!!:P

I don't know how to answer this BM. Just for a joke I would say " Thank goodness you are here master".

In real life I would I would thank him and fall to his feet in honor and worship. I mean this so let all of you let it go and that and move on with your post. Bm's having some fun. Fun post BM, I am looking forward to all of the answers, good and bad, LOL. .... almost forgot BM--Shut up stupid !!!:P

Ahhh that's what you would tell God - Hang on a sec,I want to go on line to tell BM for the last time - Shut up stupid lol laugh.gif

Robbie. you are a muppet lol

Ahhh that's what you would tell God - Hang on a sec,I want to go on line to tell BM for the last time - Shut up stupid lol laugh.gif

Robbie. you are a muppet lol

I resemble that remark, LOL You will know when its time for me to float up BM. You will here a very booming voice with a great echo coming from a great white cloud saying " SHUUUUUUT UPPPPP STUPIIIIID" LOL

I resemble that remark, LOL You will know when its time for me to float up BM. You will here a very booming voice with a great echo coming from a great white cloud saying " SHUUUUUUT UPPPPP STUPIIIIID" LOL

Ha ha ... I wonder if there would be some that would say - But I have a post to make on line, I am in the middle of a debate and I have-to win? . Or can I take my PC and broadband with me, or do you guys have heavenly internet access up there?

Ha ha ... I wonder if there would be some that would say - But I have a post to make on line, I am in the middle of a debate and I have-to win? . Or can I take my PC and broadband with me, or do you guys have heavenly internet access up there?

LOL,LOL,LOL :yes:

I'd be like: "Dude... do you smoke?"

He'd probably be like: "Of course. How do you think I created all these roads on your planet? Surely needs a lot of tar bro."

Then I guess it couldn't get more awkward and will probably generate a feeling of discomfort from both parties until Jesus shows up with the women. Mmmmm.

Me: "Wait, I gotta catch my cats! They hate going in their carriers."

I would only make him wait long enough so I could take my XBOX with me. :lol:

*Edit: Imagine the internet connection God has, no more lag on MW3!

Edited by Slave2Fate

I can't think of any. I'd be so ready to go that I'd be telling the rest to hurry up :w00t: And I'd be asking..can I fly now, huh? Can I? :w00t:

Imagine God coming down, and yelling in your face with the voice of Samuel Jackson ("Pulp Fiction") that He's gonna take you with Him to heaven.

I only hope it He won't do it while aiming a .45 in my face, lol.

++

For those who never saw it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6csp2fZt2E

Edited by Abramelin

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentation of their women."

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

In one reality I am willing to say "I am ready now". In another reality I would ask him to wait just a few years for me to find a wife to marry and have children with (unless he wants to speed up the process and give me a wife right now and then just the time to have children with).

The thing is, and this is God's honest truth here, I'm not making it up - I do not know which reality I am actually living in. If God does return, hopefully it's the first, but the second is easily my preference :yes:

edit: P.S - Just so you know, BM, I really like this thread concept. It's a refreshing change, though I think maybe I took it a little more serious than you intended, maybe tomorrow I'll post a little less serious

Edited by Paranoid Android

Question How many of you would think - No wait, I have this or that to take care of .. And expect Jesus or God to wait for you ?

Or would you all run and say Here I come I am ready now ?

If Christ descended from the clouds at the end of the year I would refuse to go.

The new Grand Theft Auto will be out then and I will be too busy enjoying it.

This reminds me of the TV Comedy series, "Thank God You're here". :rofl:

I think one would have to ad-lib as best as they could, no matter what their circumstances.:w00t:

I am late for just about everything, even my mother was forever saying - Our Geri would be late for her own funeral.. She is probably right !!

I thought of a few things that I would gladly drop and run from and not waste a min....

If I had a stack of ironing to do...I would jump at the chance to leave it and go

A Jehovah's Witness calling at my door, saying - Have you heard the good news?... I would say Yea funny enough I have- See ya !!

Jury duty? ......... Thank you God. I'm out of that one..lol

In laws coming over for their usual nag and dictating session........ Not today I'm off gotta run...!!

When it is Garys night to watch whatever he likes and I have to watch ( we always take turns )...He usually would watch the same movies I have seen 100 times or more or worse Bond movies ........I would tell Jesus - You really ARE the saviour ha ha laugh.gif

Due for a tax audit..!

Been asked to go to Gary's mothers house for one of her gruelling dinners, where I normally hate sitting there listening to them eat and talk about boring stuff.......It would be a great excuse to say..Not today thanks and don't bother heating it for me !!

Yup I would jump at the chance to get out of those things... yes.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Immagine that happening to an atheist guy.

Atheist: "Well, howdy sir! May I help you?"

God: "I'm God, it's time to go."

Atheist: "But I don't even think you exist."

God: "Well, I'm right here. You can see me now can you?"

Atheist: *Covers eyes* "Sorry, I don't see anybody here!"

God: "Well you can hear me now can you?"

Atheist: *Plucks ears and yells* "La la la la la la!!!! Can't see or hear anything, la la la la!!!"

God: "Whatever..." *Changes atheist guy into a fly swatter* "Now that can be handy." *Leaves* *Hits the end of the world switch* *Universe collapses into singularity* *New big bang starts* *Universe evolves until next end of the world* *Comes down to bring people to heaven*

Atheist: "Well, howdy sir! May I help you?"

God: "I'm God, it's time to go."

Ad vitam aeternam...

... or until there's no more room for fly swatters...

Edited by JayMark

Actually, my last 30 minute(s) request would probably involve any of the girls from this year's SI Swimsuit issue. :innocent:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Knowing my luck, the Good Lord would come for me right in the middle of the season finale of Doctor Who ;)

I would say, "I really need to stop eating those magic mushrooms".

SInce I'm getting older I would have to make sure there are restrooms along the way... :(

Knowing my luck, the Good Lord would come for me right in the middle of the season finale of Doctor Who ;)

Ha ha yea most likely... I was thinking... as I am into the TV show - SUPERNATURAL I watch it all the time.. I am on series 7 now...I know that if I was waiting on a cliff hanger episode..wondering will Dean make it? DING DONG Jesus is at the door.....sigh lol tongue.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom